PDA

View Full Version : Isle of wight with deals

Sunshinecoast
11th September 2007, 16:06
Hi Guys

We've booked one of the cheapie sun hols for the last weekend in sept to the isle of Wight and I just wanted to know if there are any restaurants on the island that accept deals. I have checked the Bella Italia and Harry Ramsden site as these would be the main 2 that I would be interested in but they don't have any branches over there. So are there any other restaurants that accept deals that are family friendly??

Also with the days out vouchers has anybody been to any of these attractions and are they any good?

The Needles Park
Amazon World Zoo Park
Dinosaur Isle
Isle of wight Steam railway

We have never been to the IOW so any other tips or suggestions would be great!

Many Thanks Sunshinecoast:cool:

Melcatfish
11th September 2007, 23:27
Hi,

As far as deals for eating out go I think you may well be out of luck. But the places to use deals for days out are not bad to varying degrees!

The Needles Pleasure Park - if you pay cash it is over priced but with deals i would imagine it is a fun day,

Amazon World - not been but it looks pretty good and my cousins who live on the Island like it.

IOW Steam Railway - operates seasonally I think so check opening times - enjoyable afternoon if you like relaxed trips (i.e. a pleasant afternoon but not thrills and spills for all the family!)

Dinosaur Isle - has a good reputation, again I am afraid I have never been!

Other things to do depend on your family and ages of people going i guess. There is a Donkey Sanctuary in Wroxall (near Ventnor) which is free to go in and just has a bucket with donations - it isn't a full day out or anything but our DD loves to go and see \ stroke the donkeys, look around for a bit etc.. If you have a car there is a car park, if not a bus stops right outside - I don't know the bus number but it is the one that goes in to Ventnor via Wroxall.

Of course there are many beaches which are free - For traditional seaside with arcades etc try Sandown or for a quieter out the way beach try Compton Bay near Freshwater.

Shanklin old village is lovely to wander round and the Chine is very pretty especially in the evening as it is lit up. Also at Shanklin Chine there is a nice Crazy Golf course called Rhylstone Gardens with HUNDREDS of hanging baskets as well as a fun course. I believe it is open til around 6 \ 7pm now as the main season is coming to an end.

If you have little ones my DD LOVES the free outdoor paddling pool on Ventnor seafront. It is a reasonably big shallow pool area with a replica of the Isle of Wight as an island - it has been there for years as i used to go when I was a kid 25 years ago but it still seems to amuse kids for ages!

Hmmm will have a think to see if I can come up with anything else.
Mel
x

Cat
12th September 2007, 00:06
If you don't want to spend all your tesco points there are a number of attractions on the IOW in the Pizza hut Kidsattractions offer - http://www.kidsattractions.co.uk/region.php?PkId=2

Our kids love Amazon World and Seaview Wildlife Encounter ( used to be known as FlamingoPark ) along with visiting the Horses at Brickfields ( wouldn't want to pay full price to get in here but will go with a voucher ).
Haven't done Dinosaur Isle yet but we are down on the island next weekend and might do it then using the Pizza hut vouchers. Kids love the beaches and playing golf at 'Browns' on the front at Sandown ( next to DinosaurIsle ).

They don't have many 'Branded' restaurants on the island just a couple of KFC's and McDonalds and a PizzaHut. There is a Tesco's outside of Ryde though in case you feel the need ....

Coupon-madder
12th September 2007, 00:18
Just to mention a couple of favourite adventure parks of ours when we went there, I think they are always open (check the websites, saver tickets are available for 4 people, under 4s go free and you can return visit the same park within 4 days for free):

http://www.robin-hill.com/

and its sister park:

http://www.blackgangchine.com/

These were great fun for a day out with loads to do.

Melcatfish
12th September 2007, 09:00
Just to mention a couple of favourite adventure parks of ours when we went there, I think they are always open (check the websites, saver tickets are available for 4 people, under 4s go free and you can return visit the same park within 4 days for free):

http://www.robin-hill.com/

and its sister park:

http://www.blackgangchine.com/

These were great fun for a day out with loads to do.

Also, I am not sure whether they still run this offer but you could return within 7 days and get free entry.

Mel
x

krisskross
12th September 2007, 11:27
The Greene King chain takes deals vouchers. We used them earlier in the year in the Crab Inn in Shanklin and also the Hare and Hounds in Newport. We liked the Hare and Hounds best but both offered excellent value. Both very child friendly.

Sunshinecoast
12th September 2007, 13:06
Thankyou very much for all this info, this has given me loads to plan for and with the pizza hut vouchers we have some other places to visit!

Sunshinecoast
12th September 2007, 13:10
If anybody else has any suggestions then that would be great! dd7 loves horses so we will head to the horses at brickfields and ds2 loves trains so we will do the steam train aswell!

Coupon-madder
12th September 2007, 16:11
BTW, given the choice my family say that Robin Hill was much better than Blackgang Chine (the latter wasn't changed much from when I went there as a kid and I am over 40!). So if only going to one of those go to Robin Hill we think!

ninja_ang
14th September 2007, 19:19
We have just got back from our sun holiday in the isle of wight, where are you staying?

We used some deals for needles park, we enjoyed it, but you can only buy the supersaver tickets with your deals, but these are good value anyway.
There are a few small rides, the cable car things uo and down the hill, glass blowing demonstration and sweet making demos, (with free samples, yummy)!

Have you booked your ferry yet, we were going to book with red funnel that the sun hols sent the voucher for, but changed our minds and used tesco deals for wightlink ferries to save more money.

Sunshinecoast
15th September 2007, 12:50
Hi Ninja_ang

We are using red funnel as we wanted to save our deals for florida, we have got the 9 am sailing on the friday and the 5pm sailing on the monday so we should have nearly 4 full days there! We are staying at Thorness Bay, which is a Park resort, we haven't paid for the entertainment passes as we intend on visiting lots of places ( hopefully the weather will be kind!)
Is there any other places that you visited that were good??

I think we will do the needles, the train, the horse place and donkey sancturay and amazon world if we have time!
Many thanks for any info!
Regards
Sunshinecoast

ninja_ang
15th September 2007, 16:40
That is where we stayed, I wouldn't bother with the passes, the entertainment in the evening no one went to, so a lot of it wasn't on or didn't run on time, the pool is ok, but small and for that price you could easily go to a leisure centre instead! When we went there we weren't even asked for passes, so you might get away with it!
We only went there for 2 days, so didn't go anywhere except for the beach and needles!
Hope you have a lovely time!
xxx
Hope you have a lovely time!

spuds1974
26th September 2007, 14:15
Just being nosey...

I don't live there at the moment but it's where the heart is...

Cookie Monster
26th September 2007, 14:41
Just being nosey...

I don't live there at the moment but it's where the heart is...

Moore590 is from the Isle of Man............... don't know if that's near??!!

Notsochunky
26th September 2007, 14:44
No but going there for the first time at the end of Oct for weekend.
Hope there is something to do for my 15 and 11 year old's!

Pughie

Shortie
27th October 2007, 23:00
Hiya

Sorry of this is the wrong board... am saving points for a Haven holiday next year and thought I'd check out Isle of White as we used to love going there when we were little.

I can't seem to find the Isle of White Haven campsite, and for the life of me can't remember what it was called..... Does anyone know if they sold it off or have I just missed it somehow on their website?

Ta muchly

Our*holiday*fund
27th October 2007, 23:04
im pretty sure they dont have one on the isle of wieght

sarahjw
28th October 2007, 10:49
I think it might have been Nodes Point near Bembridge which used to be Haven - this is now owned by Park Resorts who also have a couple of other sites on IOW.

Cat
28th October 2007, 11:19
Haven sold their 3 Isle of Wight sites 2 or 3 years ago. Think they are owned by Park resorts now.

Shortie
28th October 2007, 15:40
Cheers Cat, I thought I was going mad for a while there...

Bums, there goes an option for Tesco deals. Looks like we're back to Combe Haven again

ohsobusy
27th April 2008, 15:03
Has anyone been over to the Isle of Wight and had any days out recently. We are going to Church Farm (Haven) at Whitsun for a week, and there aren't many mainland days out with deals close to there that I can find that my children would enjoy.

Theres quite a bit more happening on the Isle of White. Has anyone been to the Amazon Tropical Zoo or the Needles Park that can tell me what they are like?

Was also looking at the Blackgang Chine info. Although I can't get in there with deals, you do get free admission if you go back within 7 days.

Its such a pity you can't get accomodation with deals for the Isle of Wight. :( I'm sure you used to be able to.

Cat
27th April 2008, 17:29
Been to Amazon World a few times as my kids love it. It's not very big though so you will probably only spend a couple of hours there. Instead of using tesco vouchers you can use the kelloggs zoo vouchers to get the kids in free.

sandhabibi
27th April 2008, 17:50
Vanda where are you? She'll be able to help as lives there...

ohsobusy
27th April 2008, 19:00
Been to Amazon World a few times as my kids love it. It's not very big though so you will probably only spend a couple of hours there. Instead of using tesco vouchers you can use the kelloggs zoo vouchers to get the kids in free.

thanks for that. I don't have any kelloggs cereal in the cupboard at the mo so I can't check what the deal is with this. Does it have to be one child free for every full paying adult, or could i use deals for the adults and use a kelloggs voucher for the children?

mowerman
27th April 2008, 19:06
Has anyone been over to the Isle of Wight and had any days out recently. We are going to Church Farm (Haven) at Whitsun for a week, and there aren't many mainland days out with deals close to there that I can find that my children would enjoy.

Theres quite a bit more happening on the Isle of White. Has anyone been to the Amazon Tropical Zoo or the Needles Park that can tell me what they are like?

Was also looking at the Blackgang Chine info. Although I can't get in there with deals, you do get free admission if you go back within 7 days.

Its such a pity you can't get accomodation with deals for the Isle of Wight. :( I'm sure you used to be able to.

just come back from few days in the isle of wight went to the needles did not see much of a park there though, few rides for the kids and chair lift down to the sea, also sweet making demo and glass blowing demo, all charged for bit too cold to go onto the beach so dont know what that was like. Sorry I can't be of more help, also we didnt have any children with us

ohsobusy
27th April 2008, 19:17
just come back from few days in the isle of wight went to the needles did not see much of a park there though, few rides for the kids and chair lift down to the sea, also sweet making demo and glass blowing demo, all charged for bit too cold to go onto the beach so dont know what that was like. Sorry I can't be of more help, also we didnt have any children with us

I was looking at the Needles and couldn't work it out. It says on their website that entrance to the park is free, so I gather you have to produce a deal voucher for every attraction you want to go on?

Vanda2
27th April 2008, 19:29
Vanda where are you? She'll be able to help as lives there...LOL Sandy, I'm here :D
I love Amazon World & it's well worth a visit.
If the weather's nice & you like animals you can't beat Flamingo Park (sometimes it's called Seaview Wildlife Park). You can feed the ducks, swans, geese, penguins & wallabys. They have Meer cats which I could spend ages watching. They have talks at certain times of the day & there are loads of picnic areas as well as their own cafe.
Osborne House is my favourite place on the whole Island but it wouldn't be much fun if you don't like history or you have small children.
On the same theme Brading Roman Villa is excellent. They spent over a million pounds a couple of years ago & it's great. Again no good if you don't like history.
Brit Trips have Amazon World & Dinosaur Isle (never been to Dinosaur Isle sorry) They also have the National Trust Needles Old Battery & Mottiston Manor. Don't know of any others doing any special offers.
The ones the people visit most are Blackgang Chine & Robin Hill. Both run by the same company.
There's also lots of fantastic walks either in the country on the old railway routes or along the miles of beaches.
Sandown Pier has a ball park on it plus a crazy golf & 10 pin bowling.
There's lots to see & do but don't forget everything here is in miniature compared to the mainland, even the train isn't full size!! lol.
Let me know if you want any more ideas :D

Vanda2
27th April 2008, 19:30
I was looking at the Needles and couldn't work it out. It says on their website that entrance to the park is free, so I gather you have to produce a deal voucher for every attraction you want to go on? They are a bit crafty like that. You don't pay an 'entrance fee' like you would at Blackgang Chine but they do charge for everything else including the car park :rolleyes:

Vanda2
27th April 2008, 19:32

Its such a pity you can't get accomodation with deals for the Isle of Wight. :( I'm sure you used to be able to. We take the Sun ?9.50/?15 holidays at our caravan park. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name or not??? Maybe we could have a PTS get together ROFL :love:

Edited to say: I may have a word with the owner to see if we can put that right ;)

ohsobusy
27th April 2008, 19:34
LOL Sandy, I'm here :D
I love Amazon World & it's well worth a visit.
If the weather's nice & you like animals you can't beat Flamingo Park (sometimes it's called Seaview Wildlife Park). You can feed the ducks, swans, geese, penguins & wallabys. They have Meer cats which I could spend ages watching. They have talks at certain times of the day & there are loads of picnic areas as well as their own cafe.
Osborne House is my favourite place on the whole Island but it wouldn't be much fun if you don't like history or you have small children.
On the same theme Brading Roman Villa is excellent. They spent over a million pounds a couple of years ago & it's great. Again no good if you don't like history.
Brit Trips have Amazon World & Dinosaur Isle (never been to Dinosaur Isle sorry) They also have the National Trust Needles Old Battery & Mottiston Manor. Don't know of any others doing any special offers.
The ones the people visit most are Blackgang Chine & Robin Hill. Both run by the same company.
There's also lots of fantastic walks either in the country on the old railway routes or along the miles of beaches.
Sandown Pier has a ball park on it plus a crazy golf & 10 pin bowling.
There's lots to see & do but don't forget everything here is in miniature compared to the mainland, even the train isn't full size!! lol.
Let me know if you want any more ideas :D

Thanks for all this. I'm just wondering how many ferry crossings to book lol.

I'm also wondering how many Tescos you actually have on the Iof W. Bet you can't have too many. How do you get your baby points without arousing suspicion??? ;) :D

Beej
27th April 2008, 19:36
thanks for that. I don't have any kelloggs cereal in the cupboard at the mo. What is the deal with this. Does it have to be one child free for every full payng adult, or could i use deals for the adults and use a kelloggs voucher for the children?

I have a couple of the Kelloggs cereal boxes with the free zoo/aquarium tickets on them. Pm me your details and I shall put them in the post to you (when we have finished the cereals). It is one free child when accompanied by a full paying adult. Full details at kelloggs (www.kelloggs.co.uk/zoo).

Vanda2
27th April 2008, 19:37
Thanks for all this. I'm just wondering how many ferry crossings to book lol.

I'm also wondering how many Tescos you actually have on the Iof W. Bet you can't have too many. How do you get your baby points without arousing suspicion??? ;) :D Only one :o So I have to spread the baby points out as much as poss, shop on different days & different times, I must be mad :der: :lol: :lol:

ohsobusy
27th April 2008, 19:41
I have a couple of the Kelloggs cereal boxes with the free zoo/aquarium tickets on them. Pm me your details and I shall put them in the post to you (when we have finished the cereals). It is one free child when accompanied by a full paying adult. Full details at kelloggs (www.kelloggs.co.uk/zoo).

Thank BeeJ but as i can pay with deals it would still work out cheaper to do that rather than pay full price for an adult. Will rep you for your kindness though. :)

tightperson
27th April 2008, 21:14
Only one :o So I have to spread the baby points out as much as poss, shop on different days & different times, I must be mad :der: :lol: :lol:

Actually TWO Tesco's on the Isle of Wight, don't forget Tesco Express where One Stop used to be next to Minghella's Ice Cream Factory at Wotton, father of the famous Anthony, the late film producer, and Domonic who has the child genius Dante who was on TV the other day.

If you don't mind travelling late, for ?60 and the same price in Deals you can get a Nightflyer Return on Wightlink.

Ref. the Needles Park. There is a small lane just before the roundabout where the buses drop off and when it's not to busy you can park here for free instead of being forced to use their carpark. To use your Deals here you take them to the ticket booth and for every ?9 of cash or Deals you get 12 x ?1 Supersaver tickets. These tickets can be spent in any of the shops, on any attractions, cafeteria, ice cream booths, the onsite pub with drinks and food and also if you like hand blown coloured glass you can use them in there. This is very good as for every ?9 of Deals you can effectively get ?12 of tickets to spend. If you don't spend them all this time then save them for another trip or next year if you plan to go again.

This is now the only pub on the Island who take Deals (once converted to tickets) since the demise of Green King.

holliemon
28th April 2008, 08:10
Vanda - how is the Isle of White for dogs in the summer months - are there beaches that will let them go on.

My son went last year with friends family (we have tourers) and he said it was lovely but not sure if it is OK for dogs.

sanmarco5
28th April 2008, 08:17

we go to the isle of wight every couple of years, been to blackgang loads of times, always go back, well worth a visit. Went on the isle of wight steam railway with delas last time, not sure if they are still included.
Needles theme park IMO isnt great!! use to be good, but not a lot there now, we usually only go to go on the chair lift down to the beach, but that was closed too last time.

SuzyWoo
28th April 2008, 08:18
We went to Church Farm last Whitsun - go to the Submarine museum at Portsmouth, great day out.

Vanda2
28th April 2008, 11:04
Vanda - how is the Isle of White for dogs in the summer months - are there beaches that will let them go on.

My son went last year with friends family (we have tourers) and he said it was lovely but not sure if it is OK for dogs. There is a beach guide to show which beaches you can take your dogs & which you can't. If you phone the tourist information I'm sure they'll send you one ~ HTH xXx

Vanda2
28th April 2008, 11:06
Actually TWO Tesco's on the Isle of Wight, don't forget Tesco Express where One Stop used to be next to Minghella's Ice Cream Factory at Wotton, father of the famous Anthony, the late film producer, and Domonic who has the child genius Dante who was on TV the other day. It's more like a Spar shop than a Tesco so we never count it as a 'Tesco Store' lol.

krisskross
28th April 2008, 11:08
We went to IOW last year. The wee one (3) enjoyed the Needles park. We found the Amazon zoo far too hot and I was a bit fed up with birds by the time we had been round.

There are Greene King pubs that took deals vouchers for meals. the Crab Inn in Shanklin and one excellent one near the turn off for Robin Hood place. Might have been the Hare and Hounds. worth checking if they are still taking the vouchers.

mhoc
28th April 2008, 11:11
If you collect the free swim vouchers on various Kelloggs packs you can get a free swim and the Living Well in Douglas is on the list - click north west and then Isle of man from the drop down list

LivingWell Health Club Hilton IOM

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/whatson/swimming/pool-locator.aspx

(In case anyone cant get any more cereal into their cupboards I have some of these vouchers on my swaps list!)

Is this a Tesco deals Hilton hotel?

Vanda2
28th April 2008, 11:13
We went to IOW last year. The wee one (3) enjoyed the Needles park. We found the Amazon zoo far too hot and I was a bit fed up with birds by the time we had been round.
It's very difficult when people ask you what you would 'recommend' as everyone is different. I think the best thing to do is read up on everything & make your own mind up. Go with an open mind I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

ohsobusy
29th April 2008, 10:21
Thanks for all your hints and tips on the Isle of Wight. :)

lrb76
16th July 2008, 22:30
Hi there

Does anyone know if there are any restaurants on the isle of wight where deals can be used. Have had a good search around and couldn't find any! All the restaurants seem to be independent as opposed to chain type. If anyone can help i'd appreciate it. I have booked a touring holiday via park resorts so if anyone wants info on this I am happy to advise.

Thanks
:)

krisskross
16th July 2008, 23:00
Not sure if they are still in Deals but last year we had quite a few lovely meals in the Greene King pubs. the Crab in Shanklin was one of them and I think the Hare and Hounds near Newport.

lrb76
17th July 2008, 10:42
thanks for replying - will look into those. Found some 2 for 1 deals via walkers brit trips (can't believe I actually found something useful!) but they seem only to be for lunch. Oh well, better than nothing! :)

Biano
17th July 2008, 10:46
Hi, Green king has pulled out and I dont think there are any others on the island.
Might be worth PMing Vanda2 who lives on the island (I believe).

biano

ohsobusy
17th July 2008, 16:25
I think the only way you can do it is by converting deals for the Needles experience and they will allow you to use them in their cafe/restaurant. I don't know what its like though.

lrb76
18th July 2008, 00:04
thanks for the info everyone :)

blond1e
4th March 2010, 11:15
I have just seen that there is a Pizza express on Isle of Wight - does anyone know if they accept Tesco tokens?? Trying to visit Isle of Wight in April but on a VERY tight budget so trying to use as many tesco vouchers as possible and save real money!

vikki
4th March 2010, 13:19
I have just seen that there is a Pizza express on Isle of Wight - does anyone know if they accept Tesco tokens?? Trying to visit Isle of Wight in April but on a VERY tight budget so trying to use as many tesco vouchers as possible and save real money!

Hi IOW person here! We don't really have any chain restaurants over here, expect Pizza Express and Pizza Hut, the usual Mac Ds etc. Amazon World is very good with deals, but some parts of it are very hot. It has a huge play area outside, take a picnic. The needles is ok if you have kids (not tiny ones) as they can make coloured sand models and theres a chairlift, but not a great deal else!

Not on deals you really shouldn't miss Robin Hill, Blackgang chine is good too. Sometimes you get good deals for visiting them both as they are owned by the same people. Flamingo Park and colemans Farm are both good too but again this is only really if you have kids.

We have a big T's extra near Ryde, with the usual happy staff and a nice Costa Coffee attached ;)

I will try and answer any other q's if you have them.

blond1e
4th March 2010, 13:24
Thanks so much vikki! I'm super grateful. We're an easy to please family so we're going to just take it easy and go see some of the attractions you mentioned, stay at the travel lodge (managed to get 2 nights at ?19 rate). Thanks a million again!

vikki
4th March 2010, 13:27
Thanks so much vikki! I'm super grateful. We're an easy to please family so we're going to just take it easy and go see some of the attractions you mentioned, stay at the travel lodge (managed to get 2 nights at ?19 rate). Thanks a million again!

No worries. The travel lodge is in a brilliant spot, right in the centre of town but there is no parking. Theres a Britannia Car Park at the end of the road the Travelodge is in (100m away), which is the cheapest around. HTH x

blond1e
13th April 2010, 23:14
Thanks so much for all the helpful info. We're back from our weekend away and had the best time ever. What lovely place and there is SO much to do. We all had a perfect time.

smudge
16th April 2010, 11:09
Hi, sorry to crash this thread ,but i`m going to Lower Hyde Park Resorts,has anybody been here and is it any good?:star-smiley:

bennorthyork
10th June 2010, 13:45
Loads of great advice on visiting IoW here, thanks everyone :) Looks like some of the eating out deals in particular have changed. Can someone confirm if it's only Pizza Express Ventnor where you can eat out with deals on IoW?

This is my summary of things to do on my holiday:

Places to go:
The Needles Park - Deals
Amazon World Zoo Park - Deals
Dinosaur Isle - Deals
Isle of Wight Steam Railway - Deals
Donkey Sanctuary in Wroxall (near Ventnor) - Free
Free outdoor paddling pool on Ventnor seafront - Free
Robin Hill and Blackgang Chine - Need to pay but sometimes get combined price offers / discounts
Flamingo Park - Need to pay. Great for kids.
Colemans Farm - Need to pay. Great for kids.

Eating out:
Pizza Express Ventnor - Deals

Cat
10th June 2010, 14:00
The Island has some great beaches are you not going to spend any time on them?

Visited Flamingo Park (again) last week, kids love it there.

bennorthyork
10th June 2010, 14:26
Definitely, we'll go to the beach for some time every day :) I've printed a list of dog-friendly ones already :)

I need to check which of the days out I can take the dog on. If he can't come with us he can stay at the campsite.

bennorthyork
2nd August 2010, 12:51
Just come back from Lower Hyde, Park Resorts, Isle Of Wight and had a great time. Thanks Mr T! I thought I would come back on to post what I thought.

I stayed with my girlfriend, her 3 year old boy and my dog in a bronze caravan which was ideal for our needs. The pool and slide was ideal for a small child and we went into the entertainment on 1 night which he enjoyed too.

Isle of Wight is beautiful. It exceeded our expectations. We went to some great beaches. Here's my thoughts on a few particular attractions. Some of which I used deals for.

The Needles Park - used deals which work out really well getting ?12 worth of supersaver tickets for ?9 in deals. Not a lot to do there but the small rides were ideal for the 3 year old and he and my girlfriend went on the chairlift to the beach which I walked down and up the steps with the dog. You can use the supersaver tickets in the shops there too including the sweet shop and for ice creams etc.

Amazon World Zoo Park - Used deals. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't take the dog. Great variety of animals and birds. Much better than I was expecting. It was hot inside but we all found it fine.

Dinosaur Isle - Used deals. I was a bit disappointed with this. Not many dinosaurs to see. Would be an ideal place to take a school group learning about dinosaurs. The redeeming feature was the dressing up / painting / drawing area upstairs which was ideal for our 3 year old. Didn't take the dog.

Isle of Wight Steam Railway - Couldn't use deals as it was a special Thomas day. Great day out. As well as the trains there were lots of other things going on to see and do. Took the dog who enjoyed it too!

Donkey Sanctuary in Wroxall (near Ventnor) - It was free but we were still disappointed as you couldn't feed the donkeys. Any other donkey sanctuary I've been to you can buy a bucket of carrots or similar and feed them which is where the fun is.

Blackgang Chine - Worth the entry fee. We spent a good few hours here. It is like a theme park from years ago! It would have disappointed most kids from say 10 up but for younger kids it is great. Loads of things to climb on / in and walk through and lots to see. Took the dog who had a good walk round.

Flamingo Park - Really enjoyed looking at all the birds here and feeding the ducks and geese. The bag of food for 70p was good value. Used the 2 for 1 voucher from the Park Resorts leaflet we were given. Didn't take the dog here.