View Full Version : shares of a race horse

almond
31st January 2008, 10:55
hi
never had chance to post yesterday but our tesco horse
farrington lodge ran yesterday and came 4th we had taken
16/1 and it went out to 18/1
Ok think it only got 4th by default all the other horses were falling
but in the daily mirror it was spot form (that means it has a chance)
put ?27 on and we won ?67.50 so a nice profit of ?40.50
but more than that felt like a mother when her child won the egg and spoon
race at school. Very proud day partner laughed when I got the horse for him.
Just think if it had won.:clap2:
we could have been going on :plane:well a easy jet on:spit:

Gizmos
31st January 2008, 11:01
so do you get a share of the prize winning as well as the bet?

sidtrix
31st January 2008, 11:04
Do you get a prize for coming 4th? Is that like a copper medal?

almond
31st January 2008, 11:07
yes we do get a share think its a 1000 code :eyebrows:
or a share of the pot think it could be about 50p

tyroleandancer
31st January 2008, 11:09
yes we do get a share think its a 1000 code :eyebrows:
or a share of the pot think it could be about 50p

excellent, weel done I haven't looked to see when mine is running
Do you get email notification?

almond
31st January 2008, 11:14
excellent, weel done I haven't looked to see when mine is running
Do you get email notification?
yes we get emails once a week then updates what is your called?
have just seen price winning ?167 so don't expect even 50p

tyroleandancer
31st January 2008, 11:15
Missy Moscow:)

almond
31st January 2008, 11:17
Missy Moscow:)

have you filled your details in on line ?
www.ownaracehorse.co.uk

tyroleandancer
31st January 2008, 11:20
yes, we have had 1 email but couldn't rememver if we would have notification of the horse running
Did you go and watch?

almond
31st January 2008, 11:26
no watched it on tv

tyroleandancer
31st January 2008, 11:27
no watche it on tv

Are you going to go?
We thought we may combine it with a night away:)

almond
31st January 2008, 11:32
not sure it was supposed to run on sunday then got pulled out the same happened a couple of weeks ago. I think the only way i would go is if it was running local at the weekend. Don't plan on them running to book your night away since i reckon they get entered in a lot of races and not declared. I am not really into the racing terms but partner likes a bet.

tyroleandancer
31st January 2008, 11:33
not sure it was supposed to run on sunday then got pulled out the same happened a couple of weeks ago. I think the only way i would go is if it was running local at the weekend. Don't plan on them running to book your night away since i reckon they get entered in a lot of races and not declared. I am not really into the racing terms but partner likes a bet.

I see
Thanks

lenny9
27th April 2008, 21:59
Well i bought shares just before christmas using my vouchers.

And my horse willaby lad is due to race in the next 3 weeks.

Today a stable visit was organised for owners, there was about 100 people and we had a fantastic day, down in newark, seeing the horses, stroking them, watching them run, and them even swim.

You even have a good chance of getting owners badges.

So even if my horse doesnt win, today more than made up for it.

But if it wins well that is another story.

tyroleandancer
27th April 2008, 22:09
That sounds great
Mine has never run it is injured :(

littlemissnaughty
27th April 2008, 22:32
I didn't realise you could get shares in a race horse through deals. Who's that with?

tyroleandancer
27th April 2008, 22:33
I didn't realise you could get shares in a race horse through deals. Who's that with?

ownaracehorse:)

littlemissnaughty
27th April 2008, 22:34
Thank you. I will have a look.

littlemissnaughty
28th April 2008, 08:18
Had a look at this yesterday and it looks like you only get the shares for 1 season which is about 5 months long.
Has anyone done this in the past? Is it really worth it, obviously it's down to the individual horse but has anyone made any good money from it? I've never really thought about getting a share in a race horse before so any advice would be good.

tyroleandancer
28th April 2008, 08:33
Had a look at this yesterday and it looks like you only get the shares for 1 season which is about 5 months long.
Has anyone done this in the past? Is it really worth it, obviously it's down to the individual horse but has anyone made any good money from it? I've never really thought about getting a share in a race horse before so any advice would be good.

Bought a share for DH in January, horse injured in first week and still hasn't run

lenny9
28th April 2008, 16:54
I got it for fun

as we go horseracing a lot
so when it runs we will apply for badges and try and go and see it run

yesterday was great as well, a very informative day out at the stables

lenny9
5th June 2008, 16:46
Right a while ago, for ?40 tesco vouchers i bought a share in a race horse.

Well ?40 it was a bit of interest.

My horse had never run, and a few weeks ago hubby and i went to see him at an open day.

Well guess what he is running tomorrow night at doncaster, and i applied for badges, didn't think i would get them, but i've been allocated 1 badge.

so tomorrow i'm of to doncaster as an owner, wearing my badge watching my horse run for the 1st time.

I'm so excited.

i didnt' actually think that i would get this far, but have.

britchic4
5th June 2008, 17:01
Congratulations! Hope you have fun, and the horse wins of course!

Darkangel709
5th June 2008, 17:54
Awww congrats havent been to donny racecourse for years. Whats your horse called and might have a bet on it xxxx good luck xxx

lenny9
5th June 2008, 18:43
willaby lad

owner did say that on his 1st race he would just be getting him used to the course.

but i'm not bothered i'm just happy to be in the owners ring.

tyroleandancer
6th June 2008, 00:36
mine hasn't run as it has an injury:(

baconbap
6th June 2008, 22:42
willaby lad

owner did say that on his 1st race he would just be getting him used to the course.

but i'm not bothered i'm just happy to be in the owners ring.

Well at least he wasn't last. Hope you had a good day out.

lenny9
7th June 2008, 00:16
well he was 3rd from last

but it was his 1st time out for a run

i had a fantastic time,

owners badge
meal
free champagne
was in the owners ring
spoke to the jockey
stroked the horse

and i'ts running again on wed, so i have to do it all again

I only used ?40 worth of tesco vouchers, so i feel that i've well had my moneys worth already

tess
7th June 2008, 01:25
how did you get a share in a rac ehorse for ?40 of tesco vouchers. have i missed something

buddicle
7th June 2008, 02:36
how did you get a share in a rac ehorse for ?40 of tesco vouchers. have i missed something

If you go on the clubcard website and put 'own a racehorse' in the search box it'll bring up the page you need.

bluedog
7th June 2008, 07:32
That's fantastic! Didn't realise it was so little! It's been my dream to own a racehorse - so what if it's only 1 fetlock, I think I can divert ?40 of my holiday fund!

Thanks for the info!

tyroleandancer
7th June 2008, 11:26
That's fantastic! Didn't realise it was so little! It's been my dream to own a racehorse - so what if it's only 1 fetlock, I think I can divert ?40 of my holiday fund!

Thanks for the info!

Don't pick a donkey like mine :lol:
Only 2 months left of my ownership and he hasn't raced yet :(

Darkangel709
7th June 2008, 13:49
Would ask for my money back giz.......lol

litebluecanary
2nd November 2008, 15:04
Has anyone bought shares in a horse for next racing season? As Mr T is being stingy with points I thought I would just splurge my remaining vouchers on something frivalous!

litebluecanary
5th November 2008, 21:29
Have bought shares in Sarah's Art...... any other PTS'ers got shares in this horse?

tyroleandancer
5th November 2008, 21:31
Have bought shares in Sarah's Art...... any other PTS'ers got shares in this horse?

I di earlier this year
it was injured within weeks and never ran:( didn't gat a yard visit either:(:(

SimonJB
5th November 2008, 21:38
It's run twice this year-14th out of 16 on it's comeback then a very encouraging 2nd at 12/1 on the 22/10 @ Newmarket

scrumpyjane
6th November 2008, 08:54
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but interested as a extra Christmas pressie for oh. Is it a seasonal thing?, if i brought shares now would the five months start now or would it be at a set point does anyone know?.

tyroleandancer
6th November 2008, 10:09
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but interested as a extra Christmas pressie for oh. Is it a seasonal thing?, if i brought shares now would the five months start now or would it be at a set point does anyone know?.

When you view the horse it will tell you what months the package is for :)
e.g. January to August

scrumpyjane
6th November 2008, 10:15
Thankyou :). I'll check it out. Hope you have more luck with yours.

tyroleandancer
6th November 2008, 10:17
Thankyou :). I'll check it out. Hope you have more luck with yours.

Mine has ended :( :lol:
Hubby and i had many a laugh over our donkey, so it wasn't all lost

almond
6th November 2008, 19:46
well i have forgot i started this thread, i wish i could have forgot about the horse, no really we have had such a laugh it was worth the tesco points we got the money back first time it ran. our horse has had every think wrong with it, had a nice long break to recover from some illness and i had to go looking for a betting shop on the way to my bon jovi concert at manchester to put some money on and guess what it decided the weather was not right for it. Think that was the last time it ran, we keep getting emails
telling us how its getting on. I am expecting a begging letter any day now.
We still hold our farington lodge close to our heart and when we are feeling down about no tesco points we laugh , well thats all you could do ? think of it this way i started off feeling a proud mother telling everybody our horse came 4th and it went down hill from then, but we had kept them from the knackers yard

tyroleandancer
6th November 2008, 21:23
well i have forgot i started this thread, i wish i could have forgot about the horse, no really we have had such a laugh it was worth the tesco points we got the money back first time it ran. our horse has had every think wrong with it, had a nice long break to recover from some illness and i had to go looking for a betting shop on the way to my bon jovi concert at manchester to put some money on and guess what it decided the weather was not right for it. Think that was the last time it ran, we keep getting emails
telling us how its getting on. I am expecting a begging letter any day now.
We still hold our farington lodge close to our heart and when we are feeling down about no tesco points we laugh , well thats all you could do ? think of it this way i started off feeling a proud mother telling everybody our horse came 4th and it went down hill from then, but we had kept them from the knackers yard

Snap except ours never ran :lol:

litebluecanary
7th November 2008, 19:05
Oh dear ..... not sounding hopeful for Sarah's art. Well will just keep my fingers crossed and hope that I at least get an owners badge to get into Newmarket, which will just about make it worth it!

litebluecanary
15th August 2009, 23:30
went today to watch my horse at newmarket..............got an owners badge which was great. Best of all my horse won!!!!!!!!!!!! :D got to go into the parade ring and winners ring and was on channel 4 when they presented the winners cup. Absolutely fantastic day, and horse has paid me back for all the deals tokens i used, and provided many monthes worth of fun!

Were any other PTS'ers at Newmarket today?

baconbap
15th August 2009, 23:46
went today to watch my horse at newmarket..............got an owners badge which was great. Best of all my horse won!!!!!!!!!!!! :D got to go into the parade ring and winners ring and was on channel 4 when they presented the winners cup. Absolutely fantastic day, and horse has paid me back for all the deals tokens i used, and provided many monthes worth of fun!

Wonderful, what a good choice you made. How long is the rest of its season?

Flo
16th August 2009, 08:37

Oh wow!! That sounds wonderful, best of luck for the rest of the season.:clap2:

geegely
16th August 2009, 09:17
Certainly was - Sarah's Art won the Grey race didn't it! It's such a lovely spectacle - well done you!

litebluecanary
16th August 2009, 12:32
Wonderful, what a good choice you made. How long is the rest of its season?

I think it runs til about october, but the horse has already run about 10 times this season and was building up to this race, so am not sure they will run him again. Still I got plenty of entertainment for the deals vouchers.

It was a fantastic race to watch, a group of friends had come up for the weekend and we alll went racing. They had all bet on Sarah's Art- so it was great that we all won!

Will definately have to look into this for next year as well- esp with new limits on virgin.

tyroleandancer
16th August 2009, 13:20
:( My horse never ran, it was injured