PDA

View Full Version : would it be possible?

minty220
25th May 2008, 17:07
i havent been a serious point collect very long my last lot of vouchers were the highest amount ive had from tescos

up to now ive only used deals for little things like meals out, rac, and mot for car but havent booked a holiday before using cc deals

right i would seriously love to go on a cruise and living just outside southampton it would be ideal as i dont want to fly (scared silly of flying lol)

so i was thinking supposing we want to go on a cruise would it be possible to save enough tesco vouchers to go on a cruise in about 18 months? havent a clue where yet to go cruising but i have saved up ?165.50 up to now

amanda22
25th May 2008, 17:42
I haven't looked at the cruises with deals but if you could price the cruise you would like online or phone for a price / brochure to see how much it would cost you, then you could work back from that and set yourself a target for each quarter between now and when you need to book by.

I did this with Virgin holidays, I got an online quote for when I want to go and then worked out how many points I needed to collect to be able to book.

I'm not sure of the cruise prices but I can't see why it wouldn't be achievable in 18 months.:)

minty220
25th May 2008, 18:24
thanx amanda ill go and do that i have asked for a couple of brochers as well and see what the prices are like when they come, think i will have my work cut out to try and save up lol

amanda22
25th May 2008, 18:44
I've just had a look and on both Ocean village cruises & p&o cruises it says you have to book 60 days in advance. I'm sure other members that have booked cruises might be able to offer some advice on booking for you.

I find it easier to have a target in mind.;) I'm sure you'll do well.:)