PDA

View Full Version : Park Resorts

britchic4
11th June 2008, 12:04
Just got the brochure through to have a look, but realised one of my biggest problems is DH - if he sees bingo and karaoke in the brochure he'll think it's his worst nightmare!
We've never been to any resort like these or Pontins, Butlins etc, never even been to Centre Parks. He would hate most of the evening entertainment or too many screaming hordes (!) - is it easy to avoid or should we just avoid that kind of holiday? The kids (6 & 3) would love it of course!

rach109
11th June 2008, 15:27
the thing with these kind of hols is that every site differs

some are quieter with not so much entertainment / things going on

but still good for the pool,beach etc :)

we dont tend to go for the kids clubs and evening entertainment much, but we still enjoy these kind of holidays

i have never played bingo or participated in karaoke :D :laugh:

when we go to Butlins we tend to choose what we would like to see in the evenings,and on the other nights where theres nothing we would like to see / do

we just eat out then have wine back @ the site etc

you can do as much or as little as you like :)

tesco tart
11th June 2008, 15:30
Just got the brochure through to have a look, but realised one of my biggest problems is DH - if he sees bingo and karaoke in the brochure he'll think it's his worst nightmare!
We've never been to any resort like these or Pontins, Butlins etc, never even been to Centre Parks. He would hate most of the evening entertainment or too many screaming hordes (!) - is it easy to avoid or should we just avoid that kind of holiday? The kids (6 & 3) would love it of course!

Ive only been to one park resorts and that was bideford, about 5 years ago, we all had a great time, but there again we like the haven type of thing.
What I did notice with park resorts compared with haven etc, was that their prices on site were a bit cheaper, and entertainment was better (esp for yr kids ages) I found it a lot more friendly and more personal, as they are smaller sites. I would go again, as I didnt find them as busy/overcrowded as the major park sites.
It all depends what you want out of your holiday realy, you could try just a short break, ps, tell hubby that a holiday is for the kids!:D

britchic4
11th June 2008, 18:16
Thankyou both, it sounds like it could be OK, and probably a very good idea to try a long weekend or something first. Personally I have great memories of Holimarine camps when I was a child (I think they are Haven now?) so I can imagine the kids loving it.

rach109
11th June 2008, 19:31
Ive only been to one park resorts and that was bideford, about 5 years ago, we all had a great time, but there again we like the haven type of thing.
What I did notice with park resorts compared with haven etc, was that their prices on site were a bit cheaper, and entertainment was better (esp for yr kids ages) I found it a lot more friendly and more personal, as they are smaller sites. I would go again, as I didnt find them as busy/overcrowded as the major park sites.
It all depends what you want out of your holiday realy, you could try just a short break, ps, tell hubby that a holiday is for the kids!:D

we went there the wkend before May half term :)

nice little site :) pool a bit small,though they do have an outdoor one too ( was open when we were there but frrrrreeeeezing !)

can't comment on the entertainment but i did hear bingo mentioned :laugh:

no beach nearby either but we tend to just use the site as a base and venture further afield to find things to do :)

Mamzie
11th June 2008, 23:51
I was looking at their brochure today, and am tempted, I was going to book Kiln Park, but...

rach109
12th June 2008, 00:35
but ?

**Patty**
16th June 2008, 18:11
Kiln Park is Haven isn't it?

Am so pleased Park resorts have joined Deals......We've been with them quite a bit and I prefer them to Haven :o (there....i said it)

Valley Farm here i come!:D

rach109
16th June 2008, 18:32

Am so pleased Park resorts have joined Deals......We've been with them quite a bit and I prefer them to Haven :o (there....i said it)

doh! :o:rolleyes:

didn't know what she was on about lol :behindsofa:

**Patty**
16th June 2008, 18:36
:lol: You got me at it now.....

Ok, i have dug out the brochure and checked.......Yep, it's Haven :o

GoatBoy
17th June 2008, 18:29
Hope Bideford Bay is as good as it looks - just ordered ?1300 of deals for 2 weeks next summer :)

siennahue
17th June 2008, 18:33
I'm sure we stayed in Bideford Bay approx 10 yrs ago, seem to remember Saunton Sands is a fab beach nearby :)

DebbieE
17th June 2008, 18:38
You must go to the the Big Sheep while u are there :)

GoatBoy
17th June 2008, 19:14
You must go to the the Big Sheep while u are there :)

From a farming family & you're telling me to go & see sheep :eek:

rach109
17th June 2008, 19:29
Hope Bideford Bay is as good as it looks - just ordered ?1300 of deals for 2 weeks next summer :)

we went there for a fri - mon break in May ( in a basic chalet,sun ?9.50 hol!)

nice little site,indoor pool a bit on the small side!
but has outdoor pool too

this pub close by : http://www.hoopsinn.co.uk/ serves lovely food :)
and westward Ho! was the beach we went to

Mamzie
17th June 2008, 19:56

:lol: You got me at it now.....

Ok, i have dug out the brochure and checked.......Yep, it's Haven :o

doh! :o:rolleyes:

didn't know what she was on about lol :behindsofa:

lol, yep its Haven, and we are still going there end of July. But I am tempted to visit Park resorts as well during the Summer hols so was browsing this thread.

Off to Butlins soon as well (yep thats not Park resorts either, tee hee...)

rach109
17th June 2008, 20:16
:laugh: you like UK holiday parks then?!

Mamzie
18th June 2008, 09:33
roflol, ohhhhh yes, the kids love them, so we go quite a lot while they are young enough to enjoy them.

Thanks to my stepkids (20 & 18 now) I realise you need enjoy yourself whenever you can when the time is right, as kids will grow up someday.

rach109
18th June 2008, 10:12
:laugh: yeah mine are 12 and 6
and i know it wont be too many yrs til the eldest wont want to come on hols / days out with us :(

they are both huge Butlins fans atm though ! they said they prefer it to DLRP !?!

how old are your children ? :)

britchic4
18th June 2008, 20:42
Oooh, is Bideford Bay by Saunton Sands? That's a gorgeous beach, and the hotel has an excellent cafe down on the beach too doing proper food and the most scrummy hot chocolates! Hmm....Park Resorts looking more attractive by the minute....

lrb76
6th August 2008, 02:05
Deal Sponsor: Park resorts

Pros: managed to get 20% early booking discount which wasn't supposed to be combined with deals.

Cons: Platinum prices not available until Jan 2009 although if units available I will be able to upgrade, although extra premium will have to be paid cash.

sweepy
7th August 2008, 22:15
I love centre parcs swear by it.
We go at least twice a year and have been doing that since the boys were little they cant wait to go again in october. There is no entertain in centre parcs u have your own villa and come and go as you please. Sometimes we go and do everythin other times we just chill and do nothing.
My idea of bliss.
sweepyxx

Jaypee
18th August 2008, 11:06
I can see that I will have to send for this brochure now and see if we can get a better deal for our hols next year, but does anyone know if we can take dogs to Park Holidays? I know that we can with Haven even though it costs the earth.

TBH I hate paying so much for them as they are a non shedding variety and have their own bedding and bowls etc, never get exercised on site......they do far less damage than lots of kids.

*debbie*
18th August 2008, 15:00
Yes, you can take them to most Park holiday places, but have to stay in the cheaper range (I think it is the bronze ones) There are a few places you can't stay, but the brochure tells you. I've leant my brochure for a few weeks, so can't be more precise, but remember thinking I might well book a last minute thing with them next year with the dog too.

kondor
8th October 2008, 01:48
anyone know if it is ok to use tesco points for camping at park resorts site?

Emmamed
8th October 2008, 03:16
tesco deals site should tell you what they can be used on.

lrb76
12th October 2008, 00:21
Yes, definately. No minimum spend either. I used them for a week in IOW during August, and have booked a weekend at Camber for October half term. There is very little difference, if any at all, between the online and the brochure price so i'm finding them a good value deal for us. We have a touring caravan so we're getting lots of use out of it as there are a few sites not too far from us. I'd reccommend Nodes Point, St Helens IOW (info says this site is excluded but I managed to book it camping with no problems). Nice big pitches which were marked out and excellent onsite facilities. Although you can't pay for the IOW ferry with deals you can get a reduced rate by booking through the sites. We paid ?104 for car/caravan versus around ?180 had we booked direct with Wight Link.

If you need any more info just ask or feel free to pm me. :)

anyone know if it is ok to use tesco points for camping at park resorts site?