PDA

View Full Version : Found link to Old style Ebay Search

angelic
28th June 2008, 14:22
By chance, I found how to opt out of the new search function and go back to the old one :)

Right at the very bottom of any page of auctions you are looking through, scroll right to the very bottom.

You should see the following message:
You are currently testing eBay's new search experience. If you prefer, you can opt out of the test.

If you click on the "opt out" text which is highlighted with a clickable link on the actual Ebay page (won't work from here ;)) it should take you back to the old search function.

I hope this helps those who have been frustrated by the new style search :)
I have no idea how long you will be able to "opt out", but it is working at the mo ;)

tescolover
28th June 2008, 15:24
Thanks for that, I sent Ebay an email yesterday telling them how much I hated the new ebay site and they basically said tough get used to it now cos it will be staying. :rolleyes:

el4ine
28th June 2008, 15:29
thank u so much, it was really bugging my brains, i dont know why they want to be changing it anyway

dawn1
28th June 2008, 16:12
:) thank you so much :)

joload
28th June 2008, 16:19
what a star thank you - I too hate it but thought i was the only one thanks for spotting this Have a rep!!!

fabdids
28th June 2008, 16:44
great stuff have a rep x

rainbowhope
28th June 2008, 22:12
....thanks Sooooooo Much !!!!!!!!!!!

penfold
28th June 2008, 22:15
Fantastic!!!!!

Don't like the new search function at all :(

angelic
29th June 2008, 14:57
Noticed today that you can now click to "watch item" from the search listings which is great :)

Instead of having to click through to the actual auction page, all you do is click the link from the search page and it automatically goes on to your Watch page.
This is so much easier than loading the auction page, clicking to watch and then clicking back out again - one improvement that I am very happy with :)

I also noticed that the seller ID now shows on the listings page too, again an improvement to me :)
I collect certain items and often like to have a nosey just to see who the seller is....
Some I can recognise just from Title / Gallery photo - very sad I know, but I check new listings several times a day so am familiar with styles certain sellers use ;)

Thought it might help others if you haven't seen these new options - I've probably got you all hooked back on the old search after finding the opt out link though, lol :D

Gizmos
29th June 2008, 15:01
you can also configure the new search thingy as well so you can pick what info it shows

rach109
29th June 2008, 23:25
By chance, I found how to opt out of the new search function and go back to the old one :)

Right at the very bottom of any page of auctions you are looking through, scroll right to the very bottom.

You are currently testing eBay's new search experience. If you prefer, you can opt out of the test.

If you click on the "opt out" text which is highlighted with a clickable link on the actual Ebay page (won't work from here ;)) it should take you back to the old search function.

I hope this helps those who have been frustrated by the new style search :)
I have no idea how long you will be able to "opt out", but it is working at the mo ;)

:clap2: thanks so much

i hate the new one!

mutley muppet
29th June 2008, 23:43
Thankyou! You're a star!!
I don't like the look of the new search at all!
Mutley Muppet xxx

Tuckerpoo
29th June 2008, 23:46
Thankyou so much Angelic. I hate the new style listing. I'm really miffed that eBay just did this and didn't tell me I could change it back. Just as well you are more observant than I am:o Have repped ya:clap2:

Our*holiday*fund
30th June 2008, 00:01
thankyou so much and thankyou from my OH as well, it was driving us mad :eek:

sammybear
30th June 2008, 00:36
thanks hun- changed it and feel more at home now :)

angelic
30th June 2008, 10:47
Thanks for all your kind reps and happy to have helped x

leeann79
30th June 2008, 12:35
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You........

red devil
30th June 2008, 13:26
Thanks for the info. I didn't like how it had changed.

bluwkd
1st July 2008, 12:35
thanks.. saw it on another thread first.. but good to be back to normal :)

princesskerry
1st July 2008, 12:39
Thankyou for this great spot. :clap2:

joload
6th July 2008, 18:02
ARRRGGGHH got the new style search back and can't find the opt out bit again - already opted out once.......

angelic
6th July 2008, 20:18
ARRRGGGHH got the new style search back and can't find the opt out bit again - already opted out once.......

Just follow this - copied my OP ;) Hope it works again for you :)

If you click on the "opt out" text which is highlighted with a clickable link on the actual Ebay page (won't work from here ) it should take you back to the old search function.

joload
7th July 2008, 20:41
Done that before and now its reverted back but with no opt out at the bottom... :(

Our*holiday*fund
7th July 2008, 20:45
Done that before and now its reverted back but with no opt out at the bottom... :(

i have the same problem :( defo not there anymore

penfold
7th July 2008, 20:46

same here...no opt out this time :(

Dazza2411
7th July 2008, 21:12

You need to delete the 'cookies' in your Internet browser to get the opt out option again. Hope this helps

joload
10th July 2008, 23:24
You need to delete the 'cookies' in your Internet browser to get the opt out option again. Hope this helps

Coll thaks i did the disk clean and it didn't work ut then did the crap cleaner thing and it worked the opt out re appears

thanks so much have repped you:)

KittyKat
11th July 2008, 01:58
super will have to give this a go tomorrow, not keen on the new one