PDA

View Full Version : Help with nasty buyer

gobbyash
6th July 2008, 00:44
Hi guys.

I always believe that there are two sides to every story but could do with advice and help with the following:

I recently bought a Wii Fit from Tesco then realised that if I bought a couple more I could e-bay them and sell them to cover my original purchase.

What I am going to list now is the original e-bay listing plus all correspondence.

I am then hoping for some advice.

Many thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280241171736&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

ME
Hi Sarah,
Your Wii Fit has been delivered to the Post Office and has been posted using Parcelforce 48.
http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/content1?catId=25800695&mediaId=25900662
Many thanks for your purchase.

HER
Where is my Wii fit? I am very disappointed it has been 48 hours and it still hasnt arrived like you promised
sarah_2658

ME
Hi Sarah
I took it to the Post Office within 20 mins of our transaction. The lady at the Post Office recommended Parcelforce 48 but said that it had missed the deadline for Wednesday.
Please don't be disappointed as I am sure that you will receive it tomorrow and then the fun can begin.........
I've found that I'm playing it just as much as the kids.
Please e-mail me as soon as it arrives.
Many thanks

HER
Do you have a tracking number please?
sarah_2658

ME
Hi Sarah
I was just looking into it for you when you replied ;-D
Go to www.parcelforce.com and the tracking number is FWGG8344130GB
Many thanks and please be assured that I have done everything that I can and that I am sure that it will arrive tomorrow.

HER
This still hasn't arrived I'm very annoyed now, I have paid for
delivery within 48 hours and I am still waiting. I think you should
refund my postage costs this is ridiculous. I could have ordered
from someone else and Got it within 24 hours and now I wish I
had
sarah_2658

ME
Hi Sarah

I think a few things need making clear here:

1. At no time have I ever mentioned that you would receive your Wii Fit in 48 hours. Please tell me where I have done this?
2. You made your purchase for the Wii Fit which came with a standard Royal Mail Parcel service. Standard Royal Mail Parcel service is 3-5 working days not including weekends. Please look at your bid and the postage details for clarification.
3. I took your Wii Fit to the Post Office within 30 minutes of you purchasing it.
4. I upgraded your postage to Parcelforce 48 at my own cost.
5. I emailed you within 1 hour of your purchase to advise you that I had posted your Wii Fit.
6. I e-mailed your track code so that you could be assured that your Wii Fit was on its way.
7. I have replied to every e-mail you have sent promptly and courteously despite your rather aggressive replies.
8. If it's any consolation, I ordered a game on Sunday from a seller who offered 1st class delivery and I still have not got it.
9. I can put my hand on my heart and say that I have done my best to get your Wii Fit to you in a timely manner.

Many thanks

HER
My tone may come across as aggressive as im annoyed. When
you emailed me you said it was posted with parcel force 48
which is 48 hour delivery. Dont make out like you have done me
a favour by sending it with parcel force u did that to make sure
your covered if the item gets lost. Anyway its not like you haven't
made money on it selling it at well more than the rrp just
because people are struggling to get hold of them
sarah_2658

ME
OMG Sarah
I bought a Wii Fit for myself then bought another two in a separate transaction after I realised how hard they were to get hold of. I then e-bayed them.
I offered them on a 'Buy it Now or Best Offer' for 99.99 but sold it to you at a 10 discount.
It was ABSOLUTELY your choice whether to buy it or not.
The other person that bought their Wii Fit paid my full asking price of 99.99 plus postage and I have not had one word of complaint from them.
In all my 4 years of e-baying I have I not had one problem with anyone, whether it was buying or selling. Sometimes I have had issues with people about late delivery ie over one week but it has always been dealt with in a sensible and grown up manner.
I pride myself on getting the item to the Post Office on the same day that the buyer has bought (so long as the Post Office is still open).
The issue of whether I have sold it above RRP is a complete misnoma and totally irrelevant.
Indeed, I could have placed it at 1,000 or 10,000 and the choice would still have been yours whether you were to buy it or not.
My understanding is that I take the parcel to the Post Office, I send it via Parcelforce 48. Parcelforce 48 agree to deliver it within 48 hours of THEM collecting it from the Post Office (not including weekends).
They collect from each POST office once a day and the deadline for Wednesday had already passed by the time that you had purchased the item.
They picked up the item from the Post Office on Thursday afternoon and have 48 hours to deliver it (not including weekends) which means that they can deliver it upto Monday afternoon.
I was advised by the lady at the Post Office to use Parcelforce 48 and as I trusted her, I accepted her advice.
Please let me know if I can be of further help.
Many thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK this is the correspondence so far. Can someone give me any advice about how to deal with any further communications or if I have done something wrong?

Cheers

gobby

Mamzie
6th July 2008, 00:54
omg, it sounds like you have a right one there... good luck is all I can say.

Ohh, and whats her ebay addy so I can block her.

hidetheplastic
6th July 2008, 00:55
She sounds like a hag.

Personally I would be apologetic - say "I'm sorry you misunderstood the delivery time. It is 48 hours from Parcelforce collecting it, hence you'll receive it by Monday afternoon latest" etc as even though you are completely in the right buyers hold all the cards on Ebay and you don't want her leaving (unreasonable) negative feedback.

She is being agressive and sounds a bit dim but you don't want to further anger her IYKWIM. Ebay does my head in since they changed the rules!

bellab
6th July 2008, 00:59
I would say you have been more than helpful and polite to her. She should understand that you have done everything you can from your end a lot faster than most sellers do. Ungrateful B***H. LOL

cutchy777
6th July 2008, 01:24
omg whats her user name so that we never buy from her what kind of feed back does she have

SimonJB
6th July 2008, 02:06
I'd save her as a fave seller and buy her next item. Oh, and leave negative feedback within minutes of auction end. It's the only comeback a seller has with the new rules!

skippydoo
6th July 2008, 02:20
They have probably done this before and got away with it with a less experienced seller. I had a similar problem with a buyer who paid for compulsory Special Delivery on an item that closed on a Saturday. They went so loopy that it had not been received within 24 hours. I only offered SD because console type things seem to attract scammers, and its the only way to cover your back with Paypal now days. I kept my cool. Think he was just trying to get a postage discount retrospective.They wanted to pay 1st class price, cause that was all they wanted being a 130 DS Lite I wasnt going to take the risk.

DaisyChain
6th July 2008, 07:28
She's trying to bully you for a discount Gobby in my view because she resents paying above RRP.

Wonder what she'll say next

SuzyWoo
6th July 2008, 07:44
You know you are going to get a neg, so just weather the storm and don't refund her anything. You've done all you can do. Has she negged people before?

monkeypuzzle
6th July 2008, 08:36
If you look at her dsr's she's only got 4.4 stars for speed of dispatch as a seller herself - cheeky mare!

chirpy007
6th July 2008, 08:58
Dont enter into any more correspondence with her at all. yiu have done everything you can.:mad:

cyberbob1uk
6th July 2008, 09:13
She's trying to bully you for a discount Gobby in my view because she resents paying above RRP.

Wonder what she'll say next

Most deffinately.

And as SuzyWoo says, you are now most likely to get negative feedback.

I refuse to sell on ebay anymore due to the way they are now working things.

It woulnt be a surprise to me if the buyer asks for discount and threatens you with a negative if she doesnt get it - this way, you will then have a wait to get your money from Paypal (assuming thats how she paid).

Did you not check Amazon before listing on ebay??? Ive just checked and Wii Fit are selling at 116. Its a little different selling on amazon but by getting the right item you can sell it for a better profit.

Othereise - STICK TO YOUR GUNS - you're in the right

Flo
6th July 2008, 09:25
Glad you posted using the trackable methid from her comment looks like she may have tried claiming non delivery. Re the delivery - sellers have up to 7 days to post just because it states 48 hr delivery that doesn't mean you receive it in 48 hrs it means 48 hrs from when the seller posts it which can be several days later.

Don't take any stick, if you get a neg just leave a follow up message next to it such as 'I did all I could to please this buyer.'

Tuckerpoo
6th July 2008, 09:41
Oh Gobby what a horrible buyer:( I run an eBay shop and she wouldn't have got the polite responses you have sent her. I would have told her to sling her hook! Don't have anymore to do with her. Put her on your blocked list and take the neg. Negative feedback isn't that big a deal. It doesn't stop me buying things off people. I always have a look and see what it says. When she leaves feedback leave 24 hours and then put in a calm response to it. Big hug hun:hug:

el4ine
6th July 2008, 09:48
oooh nitemare, if she keeps messaging i'd just say, theres nothing else you can do you've given the tracking no what else does she want, what a muppet! there are sum chancers on ebay

it does annoy me when people assume when you put down parcel force 24/48 etc that they expect to get it that fast, i sell and just put sellers standard rate now

angelic
6th July 2008, 10:01
Well done for your calm responses, although I am sure they were typed through gritted teeth!!

I agree with others that the buyer is regretting paying as much as she did.
However as you rightly pointed out, it was a BIN/BO listing and she is the one who commited to purchase.

She obviously doesn't understand PF48 not delivering on weekends etc and not a lot you can do to pacify her.
She may try and refuse delivery, but that won't help her as PF will inform you and she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if she then tried a PayPal claim.

All you can do is sit and await the inevitable neg - don't forget you can add a follow up comment on both your feedback and any you give her.
Don't be tempted to give in to her in any way as you have done no wrong, simply offered the opportunity to buy a hard to find item. It is her problem that she paid over RRP, nobody forced her to buy.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

mum2-2girls
6th July 2008, 10:13
Hope you get this sorted Gobby, DH uses ebay all the time and thinks the new rules are carp for the seller!

Personally I wouldnt engage in an more conversation with her as Chirpy said.

Freebird
6th July 2008, 10:42
I'd also go to paypal and enter that tracking number into the transaction - there's a facility for this at the bottom of the details page. Just in case she tries refusing the delivery and claiming INR.

It does sound like she was looking to try it on and she's miffed you sent it by a trackable method. Also try tracking the item yourself as you may find it's already been delivered.

Good luck

tiger
6th July 2008, 10:45
Gobby, I don't see how you could have done any more than you have. She's trying it on.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

sammybear
6th July 2008, 11:11
You should of sold it to me Gobby, i wouldnt of minded waiting over 48 hours !! :)

Seriously i think she is trying to get a discount of you ! dont give it too her, you have kept to your end of the deal.

she will probably get it tomorrow in the post and be all apologetic, well hopefully.

sammy :)

Miss Wetwipe
6th July 2008, 11:15
Sorry, can't really offer any advice that hasn't been given already, but I just wanted to say what a nasty piece of work you've got involved with there - let's hope she breaks her leg playing the game!!!!! :D

tiger
6th July 2008, 11:19
Note to self.

Don't ever upset Miss Wetwipe. :lol:

princessa
6th July 2008, 11:28
I'd just ignore her, you've done all you can on your part, there's no point in any further communication unless it doesn't turn up. If she wants a refund, she can open a dispute. You can prove how it was sent, and when, and she'll be screwed. Prepare for a neg and you can still leave her feedback saying she's a nightmare, even if it has to be a positive. At least neg feedback can drop off after a while now.

Mamzie
6th July 2008, 11:57
( gently walks backwards from Miss Wetwipe)

heatherks
6th July 2008, 12:09
what did tehy want you to do deliver it by hand

i had a problems a few months ago a it was sent parcel force / standard parcels 3-5 days and posted same day as person paid .. and 10 days later i had email asking where it was ..i emailed proof of posting to say when it had been posted and asked them to check at local delivery office ...never heard back so thought they must have got it
another fortnight later they did email to say they had been to delivery office and it had been there ,,and staff claimed a card had been put through door saying they had twice tried to deliver it ...they claimed they didnt get any cards

id ask the person you sold to to check the local sorting / delivery service ...but it is annoying that you spend extra to get a parcel sent quicker and it still gets delayed

i have had a few parcels claimed to go missing so at my own expense on items over 10 add recorded delivery so i have proof someone signed for it

marmaliser
6th July 2008, 12:12
( gently walks backwards from Miss Wetwipe)...rocking earily in her chair in the corner ..mwahhahhhahhh

Darkangel709
6th July 2008, 12:36
Gobby hun you did everything right there should be no come back but would save everything that you and her have said and if she does for what ever reason start with ebay then you have got yourself backed up. She is the aggressor and you have been very patient with her and tried on numerous occasions to explain and passify her to no avail. Dont enter into any more correspondence with her and would also check the tracking no when or if they try to deliver it and either print it out or save it and then you have got something that can back you up even further...good luck hun xx

phonejacker
6th July 2008, 12:56
This cow is after a partial refund, she liked the product, didn't like the price.

Never, ever, ever, ever tell the punter where you got the item or why. It's a perfectly good item, that's all they need to know.

Don't use Parcel Farce!!!!! Not ever!!!!!! They haven't delivered despite the parcel being out since the 4th. Idiots. Use Royal Mail Special Delivery, or if it is heavier use a commercial courier.

Don't enter into so much bleeding chit chat with her, she thinks she's got you on the back foot now.

What you need is this thing delivered, get on to PF 1st thing Monday, and find out what they are ******ing about for.

Then get on to the snotty cow, tell her she needs to return the item, as delivered. You don't do partial refunds! and you definitely don't accept opened goods. You also don't pay her carriage, you ain't Great Universal. You are a private seller!

fabdids
6th July 2008, 14:55
yea if you get anymore i wouldnt bother saying where they came from she paid tough luck she probably ent on there after she bought it miffed that she paid more than shop price her fault tho
its like when ppl used to add mobile phone boxes when thats all they bought least you were plainly obvious!!!

Ragtimeplayer
6th July 2008, 15:14
Gobby, after reading your responses to her, all I can say is that I would gladly buy off you. She doesn't realise how good she has it at all. The sellers I have encountered on my Ebay travels have never come up to your standard (including me, I couldn't stay that polite).

Keep your cool and do not take any rubbish from her, in my opinion, you are a 5 star seller!

Grace & Favour
6th July 2008, 15:22
Gobby - - you've received some top quality advice on this thread . . the only thing I can add is that, in future, always offer (and recommend) Special Delivery / Courier delivery, but with the alternative of lower level deliveries at the buyers request . . . .

maleficent_mum
6th July 2008, 15:56
Agree with everyone else's comments, don't see that you could have done anything differently. :)

Jemima Puddle-Duck
6th July 2008, 16:18
Sorry, can't really offer any advice that hasn't been given already, but I just wanted to say what a nasty piece of work you've got involved with there - let's hope she breaks her leg playing the game!!!!! :D

:laugh: :rofl:

gobbyash
6th July 2008, 18:59
Hi and thanks everyone.

Your advice has been greatly received and appreciated.

Many thanks.

gobby :)

funky04
6th July 2008, 19:45
deleted

spareshoe
6th July 2008, 19:52
OMG can't believe the cheek of some people, she got a discount, wow again I wish had noticed as would of purchased at that price no bother.

Note to me, watch ebay from time to time, LOL

gobbyash
7th July 2008, 16:21
Just checked online with Parcelforce and get the following message:

07-07-2008 12:23 Newcastle Depot Addressee cannot be located

What does this mean and should I be worried??

I've withdrawn the funds from paypal just in case.....

Cheers :confused:

amanda22
7th July 2008, 16:25
I don't know what it means...sorry but I'd ring parcelforce to find out if I were you, I wouldn't leave anything to chance with a nasty buyer like that. It does read like they couldn't find the address but that would be very odd if they couldn't.

Best of luck, she does sound awful.:)

holliemon
7th July 2008, 16:36
Hope things work out alright in the end - keep us posted of development.

I dont ebay but it sounds like you have done everything correctly and if her address is not traceable its not your fault. You have done everything you should.

Good luck

Freebird
7th July 2008, 16:37
Just checked online with Parcelforce and get the following message:

07-07-2008 12:23 Newcastle Depot Addressee cannot be located

What does this mean and should I be worried??

I've withdrawn the funds from paypal just in case.....

Cheers :confused:

Withdrawing the funds from paypal is no good - if she claims and wins then paypal will either take the money from your bank account or send the bailiffs after you. Sounds dramatic, but they do actually do this.

Take her postcode and look it up on google maps - I check every unconfirmed address this way before sending - a) to check if they exist and b) to ensure I haven't made any mistakes.

gobbyash
7th July 2008, 16:53
I've just checked and it means that the driver couldn't find the address. I have rung the local Parcelforce depot and they will try again tomorrow and give the driver a map!!

Oh and this address was for the other person not the nasty one so I am not too worried now.

Many thanks

gobby

princesskerry
7th July 2008, 17:16
Sorry to read this Gobby it sounds like you got a right one.:)

amanda22
7th July 2008, 17:24
Withdrawing the funds from paypal is no good - if she claims and wins then paypal will either take the money from your bank account or send the bailiffs after you. Sounds dramatic, but they do actually do this.

Take her postcode and look it up on google maps - I check every unconfirmed address this way before sending - a) to check if they exist and b) to ensure I haven't made any mistakes.

Definitely true as it happened to me.:(

Now if I can't afford to lose the money then I don't accept paypal which isn't too much of a problem as I don't sell a lot anymore.:)

Talking about postcodes on ebay reminded me, my OH had to collect a car part from an ebay seller not too far from us, so he asked for the persons postcode, punched it in sat nav and off he went. When he got to the address he thought something wasn't right so rang the guy and basically he was in the wrong place and the guy directed him to his house.

When OH got there the guy said to him "you must have heard the postcode wrong", OH says "no I definitely punched in the postcode right" so the guy replies "you must have got it wrong to end up at my old address" ROFLMAO, how would OH have known the man's previous postcode!!!!!!!!:D

clematis45
7th July 2008, 17:45
Definitely true as it happened to me.:(

Now if I can't afford to lose the money then I don't accept paypal which isn't too much of a problem as I don't sell a lot anymore.:)

Talking about postcodes on ebay reminded me, my OH had to collect a car part from an ebay seller not too far from us, so he asked for the persons postcode, punched it in sat nav and off he went. When he got to the address he thought something wasn't right so rang the guy and basically he was in the wrong place and the guy directed him to his house.

When OH got there the guy said to him "you must have heard the postcode wrong", OH says "no I definitely punched in the postcode right" so the guy replies "you must have got it wrong to end up at my old address" ROFLMAO, how would OH have known the man's previous postcode!!!!!!!!:D

:rofl: that is sooooo funny. gobby i hope that you get this sorted you have been very patient with this nasty woman.

gobbyash
8th July 2008, 23:24
Hope things work out alright in the end - keep us posted of development.

Good luck

Just received POSITIVE feedback:

Good communication and received item fine although a little slower than expected

Many thanks for all the help with this.

Now to get rid of this lot......

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=958&d=1215454308

regards

gobby :)

bennorthyork
8th July 2008, 23:34
Looks like your "favourite" buyer is reselling :eek:

cyberbob1uk
8th July 2008, 23:40

Had similar when I signed up or Avon a couple of years ago, the area rep (from 40 miles away), ended up on a street where they demolishe the houses a week before.

Twas Sat Nav's error though, checked the old postcode of derelict street and they were nothing alike!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobbyash
9th July 2008, 00:28
Looks like your "favourite" buyer is reselling :eek:

OMG - the 8itch!!

Well, I guess it's hers to do with what she wants but in the back of my mind I was thinking she was getting uptight because it was a present for a child and she had promised them a 48 hour deliver.

Hey ho ;)

gobby

PS She's going to struggle to sell at that price as I've just listed a Buy it Now at 18 less.

Freebird
9th July 2008, 00:40
No wonder I can't get one anywhere - gobby's cornered the market!! :shocked:

Glad it turned up ok after all that!

heatherks
9th July 2008, 00:41
Glad it turned up in the end

im having problems now ...buyer bought something at a 5 at 8-15pm on friday night ...i posted as soon as post office opened saturday and they emailed me 11am on monday morning to ask where it was ..as they had paid promptly and expected it promptly our post office closes at 11-30 and no sunday collections even at main post office / sorting office

reminded them it was weekend service and was posted on saturday

..ive just had another email to say it hadn't arrived today ...although everything else turned up that i sent with their attitude ,....i'm .just waiting till end of week and dispute opened for non receipt .. didnt send recorded so no proof they ddint get it ... know next time send everything recorded only.. usually do it if they paid over 10

fabdids
9th July 2008, 21:32
gobby can you add under her feedback you left her? id say come buy from me shes reselling this one or something like that or perhaps we coud just report her so ebay do their usual take it down without looking (am i being mean)

Freebird
9th July 2008, 21:42
Have just emailed her and asked whether the game is really new or is it the one she bought on ebay a few days ago?

:D

gobbyash
9th July 2008, 21:46
Freebird

You are wicked :nono:

and you too, fabdids

gobby

phunkiephedora
10th July 2008, 01:51
I have just asked her when I could expect to receive it by (she's using parcelforce 48 ) No real reason for askin' - just causing mischief ;-)

veronica57
10th July 2008, 02:00
She sounds like a hag.

Personally I would be apologetic - say "I'm sorry you misunderstood the delivery time. It is 48 hours from Parcelforce collecting it, hence you'll receive it by Monday afternoon latest" etc as even though you are completely in the right buyers hold all the cards on Ebay and you don't want her leaving (unreasonable) negative feedback.

She is being agressive and sounds a bit dim but you don't want to further anger her IYKWIM. Ebay does my head in since they changed the rules!

i agree - i say that; i post out once a week as a seller and a couple of buyers have complained and gone to paypal to try and get their money back after two days!! And i have had paypal money refunded to a buyer when the parcel didn't arrive - it wasnt my fault it didn't arrive, it was the postal service. The paypal guarantee is rubbish cos all ebay does is take the money back from your paypal account ..... sorry - rant. re advice, i agree with previous advice. your buyer will have it by now and you'll hear nothing else. good luck. sounds horrid.

Tuckerpoo
10th July 2008, 03:16
I just emailed and asked her if there was a problem with this and was it the same one she bought a few days ago. I also asked if she had a receipt for the guarantee:D On a night shift and feeling mischievious:p

molly316
10th July 2008, 03:47
i agree - i say that; i post out once a week as a seller and a couple of buyers have complained and gone to paypal to try and get their money back after two days!! And i have had paypal money refunded to a buyer when the parcel didn't arrive - it wasnt my fault it didn't arrive, it was the postal service. The paypal guarantee is rubbish cos all ebay does is take the money back from your paypal account ..... sorry - rant. re advice, i agree with previous advice. your buyer will have it by now and you'll hear nothing else. good luck. sounds horrid.

Agreed Im sure some folks do this, but Im waiting on a 70 purchase supposedly posted last week and still not arrived :( Im also waiting on something posted end of the month and seller has ignored emails, an ebay dispute and now a paypal claim. I wonder why we trust the "system" sometimes... do sellers just not send out? or do things really get nicked in the mail? or de-labled and lost en route? Where do they go! lol

phunkiephedora
10th July 2008, 09:12
Seems she does know how long parcelforce takes ... here's the reply I got from her ...

This is a buy it now auction. If you were to buy it now this morning and I take it to the Post Office this afternoon and use Parcelforce 48, it would be delivered on Monday. If I used Parcelforce 24, it would be delivered on Friday.

So long as I can get to the Post Office before 2pm.

angelic
10th July 2008, 12:06

Sellers have up to 7 days to post items paid for via PayPal - if you don't already say you can only post once a week on your listings, it might be worth adding that to save you hassles from buyers expecting items quickly?

To comply with PayPal Seller protection, you need to send items via a trackable postal method.
Either Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery if using RM, courier services all track parcels. Reason is PayPal need proof of delivery in the event of a buyer making a claim.

If you don't send items via a trackable method, you have no proof of delivery so a buyer automatically will win in event of a PayPal non-receipt claim.
Unfortunately, the seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer.

angelic
10th July 2008, 12:11
Agreed Im sure some folks do this, but Im waiting on a 70 purchase supposedly posted last week and still not arrived :( Im also waiting on something posted end of the month and seller has ignored emails, an ebay dispute and now a paypal claim. I wonder why we trust the "system" sometimes... do sellers just not send out? or do things really get nicked in the mail? or de-labled and lost en route? Where do they go! lol

Sadly some sellers seem to think their responsibility ends once the auction ends, they have payment and have posted the item :(
If your seller fails to respond to PayPal with a tracking number, they will lose the claim and you will be refunded.

I have been both a buyer and seller on Ebay for years and can count on one hand the number of parcels I have had not arrive.
Royal Mail do log recipient addresses which seem to have lost parcels so between them and Ebay/PayPal clamping down, any dodgy claimants should be caught out....hopefully!

veronica57
10th July 2008, 12:43
Sellers have up to 7 days to post items paid for via PayPal - if you don't already say you can only post once a week on your listings, it might be worth adding that to save you hassles from buyers expecting items quickly?

To comply with PayPal Seller protection, you need to send items via a trackable postal method.
Either Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery if using RM, courier services all track parcels. Reason is PayPal need proof of delivery in the event of a buyer making a claim.

If you don't send items via a trackable method, you have no proof of delivery so a buyer automatically will win in event of a PayPal non-receipt claim.
Unfortunately, the seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer.

I do say i post once a week on my listing - sorry i thought i had said that.. I always ask for proof of posting at the post office and i have that - i was just whingeing that paypal won't accept that even though it is proof - it is stamped by the post office. If you send stuff abroad, getting signed for which is the only way you can get tracking makes postage much more expensive.

angelic
10th July 2008, 13:34
I do say i post once a week on my listing - sorry i thought i had said that.. I always ask for proof of posting at the post office and i have that - i was just whingeing that paypal won't accept that even though it is proof - it is stamped by the post office. If you send stuff abroad, getting signed for which is the only way you can get tracking makes postage much more expensive.

No worries...some people just think all sellers are on Ebay 24/7 and expect instant payment to mean instant delivery :(

Unfortunately, PayPal need proof of delivery in event of a claim and proof of posting only shows you posted the item, there is no tracking so no seller protection if the item goes missing :(

Sending via trackable means is more expensive, but the buyer pays for the postage and better as you are then covered rather than lose both the item and money in the event of a claim ;)

gobbyash
10th July 2008, 13:40
Seems she does know how long parcelforce takes ... here's the reply I got from her ...

Hi phunkiephedora

I think you asked me the question, not the other person!!

Are you the_kimbles on e-bay?

because I replied with:

This is a buy it now auction. If you were to buy it now this morning and I take it to the Post Office this afternoon and use Parcelforce 48, it would be delivered on Monday. If I used Parcelforce 24, it would be delivered on Friday.

So long as I can get to the Post Office before 2pm.

Many thanks

regards

gobby :rolleyes:

phunkiephedora
13th July 2008, 15:07
:rolleyes:d'oh!

Mamzie
13th July 2008, 15:10
:D roflol....