PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - Need Help

holliemon
8th July 2008, 14:43
As it is 5p listing to-day I am going to try and get rid of a few things. DH has an account but I have never done this.

Do I put a starting bid in.

I do put a buy it now but can you put a start bid in as well or do I leave that blank.

How many days do you list it for

Do you say recorded delivery for postage and how much is this

Any other advice would be appreciated by you happy ebayers xx

muppet11
8th July 2008, 15:38
it depends what you are selling but i usually put a starting bid of 0.99

i have just sold some stuff and listed it for 5 days as i cant wait!

recorded delivery is 70p on top of what the normal postage would be (i think)

hope this helps a little, good luck at selling xx

woollys_super_saver
8th July 2008, 15:42
I always put sellers standard rate and put the price I feel for sending, I always try and send it 1st class put if I have not allowed enough to cover this then I will send it second. Always get proof of postage in not recorded just in case it goes missing and you have to make a claim from RM.

If the items are brand new I might put BIN price but if its used I just let them bid to what they want to pay. HTH Good luck help you get lots :-)

SUSIEQ
8th July 2008, 15:49
Depending how much time you have to play with, and how comfortable you are with different sites, Auctiva is really good, and free! for hosting really good pictures and listing scheduling.
HTH
susieq

holliemon
8th July 2008, 15:54
thanks have repped you all - trying the confetti and lip glosses at the mo but keep getting stuck and DS is loosing patience with me - I cant believe how long it is taking me I will still be here at midnight (It is my fault for keep coming on her to see what is happening)

angelic
8th July 2008, 22:02
Sorry I didn't see your thread until now -
I would recommend you download Turbo Lister so you can copy/paste to save loads of time on listing ;) Auctiva (mentioned by SusieQ) is similar, but I've never used it.

I send everything via Recorded Delivery so I am covered for PayPal seller protection. Weigh item and jiffy bag (ideal for sending confetti or glosses) on kitchen scales to check weight - you can then get postage quote from www.royalmail.com
Add on 50p for the jiffy bag.

List for 5 or 7 days and be sure to end auctions at night if a weekday and any time if a weekend so max number of people will be able to bid late.

As for start prices, I usually check completed listings to get a feel for what items might go for. Low start price usually encourages bidders, I rarely use BIN, but worth considering for what you are selling.

Good luck :)