PDA

View Full Version : Q about Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

svs1
8th July 2008, 14:02
Looking at VA (alongwith a couple of others) for an upcoming flight-only trip to Nairobi.

Have read up info on VA and some other sites but still a bit confused about earning miles and club accounts. The VA site seems to suggest the FC accounts are individual. Say I join the FC and book 2 tickets, will all the miles register on my account or only my own?

Is it better to keep a single account or create separate accounts for each person travelling?

TIA

NatsDad
8th July 2008, 14:09
You cannot have joint accounts on Flying Club unless you are at Gold level. Unfortunately you cannot also claim both sets of miles onto the one account either.

One thing you can do is look at is getting someone to introduce you as a Flying Club member to receive a welcoming bonus and then you recommending your partner to receive another bonus.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/miles_morefriends/index.jsp

Raffles
8th July 2008, 14:13
Points go to the flyer, not the person who flew, so you need an account each

There is a referral scheme for Flying Club, so one of you should join and then refer the other one - both of you then get some bonus points

In fact, you should look for a referral from someone on here who is a member before you join yourself (then you refer your partner). I don't need the miles but if you need a referrer and can't find anyone else who does need the miles, PM me your email address and I'll send you a link. You will get up to 3,000 bonus miles on your first flight, and I will get 2,000.

It's certainly worth joining - even at low levels of points, you can cash out for (example) 50 Virgin Vouchers at just 12,500 miles.

svs1
8th July 2008, 14:44
Thanks guys,

Are the FC account numbers required when booking or will VA award the appropriate miles based on name (assuming have joined FC)?

We're still firming up on exact dates but I'll keep the referrer intro in mind if we do go with VA.

NatsDad
8th July 2008, 15:07
You don't need the FC numbers at booking time. They can be added later.

princessa
8th July 2008, 16:08
So, if DH, myself and our two daughters were flying with virgin, OH and I would need a card each to earn points?

Raffles
8th July 2008, 17:16
Yes. Not sure what the rules are with Virgin about children getting points as well - you'd need to check.

NatsDad
9th July 2008, 04:12
So, if DH, myself and our two daughters were flying with virgin, OH and I would need a card each to earn points?

Minimum age to hold a Flying Club account is 12. If your 2 daughters are old enough then the 4 of you could earn extra miles using the referral scheme I listed a further up the thread.