PDA

View Full Version : BA Amex 241

dasher
21st July 2008, 22:02
Just wondered how I find out how near I am to my trigger limit on the card? I manage the account online, and can't see anywhere that actually says how much I've spent over the year, am I missing something? It only gives my current balance.

TIA

Gizmos
21st July 2008, 22:04
scrol all the way down on your most recent statement it tells you your spend to date and how much more you got to spend

JANED9388
22nd July 2008, 07:53
it's got to be the PDF version, not recent transactions

jen
22nd July 2008, 17:27
I always phone up because then they can include all your most up to date transactions, in case you don't know your voucher is triggered as soon as you hit 10,000 not on the statement date (as I have been told!).
Sorry answered this quickly and didn't read that you do it all online.

far canel
18th August 2008, 11:00
Hijacking this thread instead of starting a new one,
Can my wife add myself as an extra cardholder on her BA Amex if I have a card already in my name. My 2-4-1 triggered 2 months early, so got a new card account for her.

Raffles
18th August 2008, 11:34
Yes (according to the received wisdom at Flyertalk, although not done it myself). This is a clever way to get 2 vouchers if you are the person who does all the spending in your house.

far canel
18th August 2008, 12:46
Thanks raffles & yes most spending is done by myself. Only problem at moment is low credit limit & a refusal to increase on line, just maxed out in first month and still had to spend another 1,200 on Tesco credit card (last minute cruise)

chipsdog
18th August 2008, 13:07
Hijacking this thread instead of starting a new one,
Can my wife add myself as an extra cardholder on her BA Amex if I have a card already in my name. My 2-4-1 triggered 2 months early, so got a new card account for her.

I can confirm it does work, my husband and I both have an Account and we are named on each others Account, we therefore get TWO vouchers every 12 months.

far canel
18th August 2008, 15:13
Thanks Chip, will do this but wait untill 1st months statement arrives.

JANED9388
18th August 2008, 17:02
Thanks raffles & yes most spending is done by myself. Only problem at moment is low credit limit & a refusal to increase on line, just maxed out in first month and still had to spend another 1,200 on Tesco credit card (last minute cruise)

they are pretty good about moving credit limits around, perhaps you could sacrifice some of yours and give it to her.