PDA

View Full Version : seller opened dispute- what do i do?

connorsmummy
15th August 2008, 19:40
i bought some baby points vouchers from a seller last week, and sent her a postal order on saturday (dont have paypal). i didnt sent it recorded as it was only for a small amount and tbh i thought it would be ok.

long story short, the po never got there. i apologised to the seller and told her i would send another one tomorrow via recorded. i also scanned the receipt and emailed her a copy just to prove that i wasnt trying to pull a fast one on her.

anyway, she never replied to my emails and has now opened a dispute against me.

what do i do?

Darkangel709
15th August 2008, 19:49
did you keep the receipt for the postal order?? and was it crossed with the persons name on it or not?? also would try and forward any emails that you sent to the seller am sure someone will come along soon and help you more dont worry about it xxx

heatherks
15th August 2008, 20:07
if ypu have your proof of purchase you can try and claim it back .although i tried that ..had sent it to daily mail but didnt recieve items on offer) but after a few months was told someone had cashed it

i also had a buyer who posted payment on a saturday 1st class i didnt get it till the thursday royal mail dont class anything as missing until 10 days have past

and as a seller or a buyer she should delays like this happen and you have shown her proof/ date of buying PO

ebay will have a copy of all messages sent to her from you ...just write the same in the paypal dispute part

angelic
15th August 2008, 20:25
Have you checked the Recorded Delivery tracking number to see the delivery status?
I would go to your PO and ask them to check if the original PO has been cashed ;)
If the PO was crossed, it could only be cashed by the named receipient and I believe would have to be paid into their bank only.
Uncrossed PO's can be cashed at a PO.

It is rather unfair that the seller has filed the dispute and not responded to your e-mails :(
Go to the dispute, explain your first PO sent xx (date) appears not to have arrived.
Input the PO serial number and explain you sent the replacement by Recorded Delivery on xx (date) and give the tracking number.

Keep checking the RD tracking number if it currently shows as undelivered and update seller and dispute if/when it shows as delivered.

It is well worth sorting yourself out with a PayPal account as it gives you protection in case of a problem.
Sadly paying by PO/cheque gives you zero protection :(

If you need more help, please ask and someone will be able to advise you.

rainbowhope
15th August 2008, 21:24
....my postie just leaves my packages and never gets me to sign recorded mail...
I often wonder why bother.

connorsmummy
15th August 2008, 22:01
the first postal order was uncrossed but with her name on it, as per sellers request, i havent yet sent the second- am planning on doing it tomorrow.

i have sent her another email, with another copy of the po receipt attached, again explaining the situation so hopefully i will get a response from that

cyberbob1uk
15th August 2008, 22:06
....my postie just leaves my packages and never gets me to sign recorded mail...
I often wonder why bother.
I had a similar delivery bloke with Parcel Force at the beginning of the year when me and a friend were getting parcels from China daily. They were meant to be signed for, but the regular guy popped my mates in his green bin, but came to me first just incase I wasnt in, and mine ended up in the same bin.

FoxyLoxy
19th August 2008, 01:12
I had a similar delivery bloke with Parcel Force at the beginning of the year when me and a friend were getting parcels from China daily. They were meant to be signed for, but the regular guy popped my mates in his green bin, but came to me first just incase I wasnt in, and mine ended up in the same bin.

Lucky it wasn't bin day!

FL.