PDA

View Full Version : ebay dispute-- reassurance needed please!

icho
26th August 2008, 23:54
In mid aug I bought some ds game. Games fine but postage unjustified i.e. charged a fiver for a small jiffy bag and large stamp. So i left neg feedback.

Yesterday they opened an unpaid dispute/strike against me. I replied to ebaythat not only paid but recieved item and left feedback. Just been on now and i have received an unpaid strike.

I think it was cause i did not give paypal ref. I have now sent this in. Do i just sit tight and wait or should i be doing somethin else? Will i get strike taken off?

missstroppy
27th August 2008, 00:28
You should do if you can prove unjustified. ie prove payment

DaisyChain
27th August 2008, 07:30
I'm confused though - why buy if you didn't like the postage charge ?

icho
27th August 2008, 09:32
They offered a discount and said recorded etc... then once bidding ended gave back word on discount and when arrived was sent thru normal post.

it's the unpaid strike that gets me as i have paid

DaisyChain
27th August 2008, 09:41
Ooh , fair enough then

Re the unpaid, seems no justification whatsoever - is it possible they've just mixed up your sale with another one ? Might be worth contact with seller just to check

missfendi
27th August 2008, 09:41
They offered a discount and said recorded etc... then once bidding ended gave back word on discount and when arrived was sent thru normal post.

it's the unpaid strike that gets me as i have paid

It will be removed once proof of payment is received by Ebay

Tuckerpoo
27th August 2008, 09:45
If you paid via Paypal you are 100% covered. The seller must know this and I would guess they have either made a mistake or are just making life difficult because you left them negative feedback. If that's the case seriously childish:rolleyes:

Freebird
27th August 2008, 10:00
My first thought was also why bid if postage was so high, but you're justified if the seller went back on their word and sent normal rather than recorded. If you paid by paypal, go through the strike appeal process and give them the paypal transaction ref (which I think you've already done) and the strike will be removed.

Having said that, a strike is no big deal unless you get another one within 28 days. If you don't, it will disappear off your record, so don't worry about it too much. :)

icho
27th August 2008, 10:03
Thanks guys... just been on ebay and it has been removed.