PDA

View Full Version : How Long Do People Have To Pay

chirpy007
31st August 2008, 23:46
Is it 7 days before doing an unpaid dispute.

I dont sell much on Ebay but what l have sold has always gone smoothly. I sent an invoice on Wednesday but havent heard anything.
Thanks

kerryo
1st September 2008, 00:03
yes , 7 days, ive just had to do it

chirpy007
1st September 2008, 00:04

Emmamed
1st September 2008, 04:54
its 10 days before you can put a claim in to get your final fees back and then the buyer can still come along and pay for it once ebay has sent them a reminder

mhoc
1st September 2008, 08:59

I dont sell much on Ebay but what l have sold has always gone smoothly. I sent an invoice on Wednesday but havent heard anything.
Thanks

I would just send me a nice email reminder and another invoice, just say you were worried that the fist invoice had not reached them.

What I cannot figure is the poeple who seem to be actively bidding in the final few minites before a sale ends but then they go offline for a week before thye get around to paying.

angelic
1st September 2008, 16:03

It is 7 days to the minute since the auction ended, so I usually wait until day 8 to be sure the dispute will go on ;)

What I cannot figure is the poeple who seem to be actively bidding in the final few minites before a sale ends but then they go offline for a week before thye get around to paying.

Could well be the bidders are using snipe programmes as they won't have internet access at the auction end due to being away or other such reasons.
This would also explain why they don't pay for a bit afterwards. Personally I would never log onto PayPal from an internet cafe or the likes for security reasons ;)

On a couple of occasions I have had to do this, however I have always contacted the seller prior to my bid to ask if it will be OK.
I always pay immediately I win anything under normal circumstances.

Emmamed
1st September 2008, 16:16
if you are going to be afk for a while after the auction ends, it doent take too minutes just to inform the seller. i have done this on many occassions. i normally contact the seller and explain i will be away when the auction ends and would it be a problem for the payment to be a few days later. once they have agreed to this i then place my bids. i agree mhoc, it really pees me off when buy something then dont pay for days, especially when its a BIN.

chirpy007
1st September 2008, 20:54
Thanks everyone.............

flookie
1st September 2008, 21:44
Ive just had a problem like this with an item i sold.The buyer said he couldent pay for it for 11 days cus he didnt get paid till then,i gave him 3 days to pay,when my auction clearly states 2 days,and still no payment when i told him if he didnt pay by the morning then it would be relisted,still no payment,so 7 days later i logged a dispute then relisted the item and sold it as a buy it now within hours.In the meen time i have heard nothing from the buyer until today when i see that he has paid for the item and is wondering when i will be posting it????? What i wrong with some people,do they just not get the concept of ebay? You bid,you win,you pay,you recieve the item.Its hardly rocket science!!!

angelic
2nd September 2008, 15:09
Ive just had a problem like this with an item i sold.The buyer said he couldent pay for it for 11 days cus he didnt get paid till then,i gave him 3 days to pay,when my auction clearly states 2 days,and still no payment when i told him if he didnt pay by the morning then it would be relisted,still no payment,so 7 days later i logged a dispute then relisted the item and sold it as a buy it now within hours.In the meen time i have heard nothing from the buyer until today when i see that he has paid for the item and is wondering when i will be posting it????? What i wrong with some people,do they just not get the concept of ebay? You bid,you win,you pay,you recieve the item.Its hardly rocket science!!!

You just can't win sometimes :(

Once you open an Unpaid Item dispute, you should really wait until the dispute closes either when buyer pays or after closure eligibility tick appears.
Until the dispute closes, the transaction with the buyer is open to allow them to pay any time up until closure.

You should only re-list once the dispute closes as now your buyer is fully entitled to report you for refusing to sell to them :(
Your buyer can also leave a negative or neutral feedback for you for failing to sell to them.
It is unfair to sellers to be kept waiting, but unfortunately Ebay set the rules.

Be sure to refund your original buyer right away - do so from the PayPal transaction page assuming they paid that way and you will at least get a refund of the PayPal fees paid.
Close the Unpaid Item dispute at the same time and hope you don't get bad feedback.

Emmamed
2nd September 2008, 16:19
this is what really pees me off with ebays no negative feedback for buyers. they know they can now make the seller wait as long as they want before paying as the seller cant leave them bad feedback.

Floosy
2nd September 2008, 16:31
That really hacks me off as well, not being able to leave a neg as a seller

angelic
2nd September 2008, 20:25
I agree with you both, it should be a level playing field.

I had a call today from an acquaintance who I have been helping with a PayPal SNAD claim - good news is he has been informed he is getting a full refund for faulty goods.

Bad news is he can't neg the seller as the dispute process has taken over the 60 day limit so he can't leave a comment to warn others :mad:
Seller had and still has 100% feedback due to the reduction from 90 to 60 days to leave feedback.
Another example of a disgraceful seller slipping through the net...

Emmamed
2nd September 2008, 21:30
and to add fuel to the fire i notice ebays fees are going up soon. its not going to be worth selling on there soon.

heatherks
2nd September 2008, 21:59
i had a fwe problems this last few weeks as well ..with buyer paying by e cheque which she canceled on the 13th day (day before it was due to clear ) then had to wait another few days for her to send PO and she had the cheek to ask me to send ASAP

another one who bought item on buy it now and didnt even complete checkout till i send her 3rd invoice on 7 th day ..although going by feedback she had bought and sold during that time

dont know if its to do with the fact that buyers cant leave nutral or neg feedback as ive only had problems since then

angelic
3rd September 2008, 09:42
I've not sold anything recently, but think you are right that buyers being "in control of feedback" could well be the problem :(

hogshead
6th September 2008, 23:54
Sold an item ages ago, collection only. Paid selling fees automatically & 'buyer' has not collected despite emails & phone calls ( them to me to say they def wanted it )

This item is now not in my awaiting feedback/sold items so is clearly past the 60 days. Can I get any selling fees back if there is not info on the item anywhere on my ebay.

janedoe
7th September 2008, 01:23
Sold an item ages ago, collection only. Paid selling fees automatically & 'buyer' has not collected despite emails & phone calls ( them to me to say they def wanted it )

This item is now not in my awaiting feedback/sold items so is clearly past the 60 days. Can I get any selling fees back if there is not info on the item anywhere on my ebay.

I think once it's gone past so many days you wont be able to get your fees back but maybe try the dispute area of ebay and put in the item number and see if it comes up and if it does do a dispute from there.

angelic
7th September 2008, 09:48

Unfortunately you only have 45 days to file a dispute so you won't be able to claim back your Final Value Fees as it is past that date :(
You have 60 days to leave feedback so sadly it is past that date too :(

Dispute info - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html

It is best to raise a dispute after 7 days have past, that will usually (but not always) prompt the buyer to pay.

If you re-list, you will now be charged the listing fee again if the item no longer shows in your My Ebay.