PDA

View Full Version : Goods I sent have arrived damaged

Waterfall
13th September 2008, 00:30
I have refunded the cost of the item (bl@ddy couriers :rant:) Should I refund the postage? I am feeling guilty :o

indy
13th September 2008, 17:30
I have refunded the cost of the item (bl@ddy couriers :rant:) Should I refund the postage? I am feeling guilty :o
I have done in the past but have claimed againts the courior they usually want proof though of items value and of condition item arrived in photo they also want to know about condition of packaging ect it helps if your buyer noticed any damaged packing and stated on delivery note

Waterfall
13th September 2008, 19:15
I have done in the past but have claimed againts the courior they usually want proof though of items value and of condition item arrived in photo they also want to know about condition of packaging ect it helps if your buyer noticed any damaged packing and stated on delivery note Thanks for replying Courier has a disclaimer for breakables and it was a mirror so I cant claim ..

angelic
13th September 2008, 22:06
Thanks for replying Courier has a disclaimer for breakables and it was a mirror so I cant claim ..

Time to find another courier if the one you used doesn't cover breakables??
Personally I would refund buyer's postage as you are responsible for getting item to them in one piece. I realise it isn't your fault that the couriers managed to break the mirror in transit :(

Did the buyer sign for the package? Surely they would have known from sounds from the package that the mirror was broken before accepting the parcel?

Waterfall
13th September 2008, 22:21
Time to find another courier if the one you used doesn't cover breakables??
Personally I would refund buyer's postage as you are responsible for getting item to them in one piece. I realise it isn't your fault that the couriers managed to break the mirror in transit :(

Did the buyer sign for the package? Surely they would have known from sounds from the package that the mirror was broken before accepting the parcel?

I am so green at all this :o I have actually refunded his postage as I felt bad. DS said I should have asked for a photo. He said it was cracked and it was packed in polysterene so he may not have known until he opened it :(

fairygirl
14th September 2008, 00:19
I am so green at all this :o I have actually refunded his postage as I felt bad. DS said I should have asked for a photo. He said it was cracked and it was packed in polysterene so he may not have known until he opened it :(

I would definitly ask for a photo. Just make up an excuse and say you need it to get claim from courier......i'd just want to see it for my own piece of mind to know i'm not being taken for a ride........tho they'll probably just say they've thrown it away now?......

Emmamed
14th September 2008, 04:29
i would have asked they send the item back and then give the refund. sometimes this make them think the broken item isnt really broken if you get what i mean. it would have made made itself better :)

Waterfall
14th September 2008, 10:16
Thanks for your replies. I'll have to put this one down to experience but will get photo if there is another time. :o