PDA

View Full Version : certificate of posting to send your swaps

sweetiepie's mum
18th September 2008, 20:09
Hi,

I am not aware if this has been posted before but I think it is a good idea to bring it to everyone's attention that a FREE certificate of posting covers you for ?36 I was told by a postmistress (though it doesn't stipulate the exact amount on the receipt) as compensation for the loss of the parcel/letter.

I am letting you know this because several of the people I have swapped with for large amounts of mocs have told me they have used either registered post or recorded delivery to send them to me, both of which are quite costly.

I hope this helps all the swappers.:)

tyroleandancer
18th September 2008, 20:12
Hi,

I am not aware if this has been posted before but I think it is a good idea to bring it to everyone's attention that a FREE certificate of posting covers you for ?36 I was told by a postmistress (though it doesn't stipulate the exact amount on the receipt) as compensation for the loss of the parcel/letter.

I am letting you know this because several of the people I have swapped with for large amounts of mocs have told me they have used either registered post or recorded delivery to send them to me, both of which are quite costly.

I hope this helps all the swappers.:)

PO won't cover you for mocs, cash or gift vouchers
You have to send via registered to be covered:(

sweetiepie's mum
18th September 2008, 20:29
Well it just says cash or valuables on the certificate. How do you know? Has someone lost any in the post and tried to redeem the loss?

angel,dust
18th September 2008, 20:31
Well it just says cash or valuables on the certificate. How do you know? Has someone lost any in the post and tried to redeem the loss?

yes i had moc sent but recieved empty mashed up envelope. they do not compensate loss of moc

sweetiepie's mum
18th September 2008, 20:35
What do they compensate for then? If we know this then perhaps we can be compensated for something THEY lost in the first place. Why should we suffer the loss?

tyroleandancer
18th September 2008, 21:29
I have lost moc, gift voucher and cash but was unable to claim
I have claimed for Ebay items that have been broken in transit.

pumpkin
18th September 2008, 21:34
cert of posting definitely doesn't cover you, and rec delivery is the biggest rip off ever, because you have to pay for that and it still doesn't cover you.

I have also been a victim (as an ebay seller, sent coupons recorded delivery) and tried to claim from the PO but to no avail :(

sweetiepie's mum
18th September 2008, 21:35
I just mean that if we knew what they do actually compensate for then there is nothing stopping us from claiming that that is what we lost as it is the VALUE of our mocs that we would want to reclaim. I haven't not received anything and all my mocs etc have been received but it could happen!

heatherks
18th September 2008, 21:47
same here i sent m&s vouchers and buyer claimed they didnt get them could prove otherwise and PO said they could not refund ...didnt even get a book of stamps ...this happend a few times letter s not recieved ...also had problems with dvd's from lovefilm not arriving back to them so now get a proof of posting cert for these

sweetiepie's mum
18th September 2008, 21:52
So Heather you get a certificate of posting now and it covers you for the dvd?