PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so cruel???

flookie
19th September 2008, 11:28
Well i have had a horrible night,no sleep and am throughly annoyed.Yesterday afternoon,about 4pm,i spotted a puppy staffy running around our street so i went out and managed to catch her and brought her home.She had no collar or tag so no clue of her name or where she lives,i spoke to a few neighbours none of whom had seen her before so i made up some posters and went out and put them on various lamp posts and walls in the hope someoune would see them.By this point the dogs home had closed and the dog warden service that i was re directed to had also finished for the day but the lad on the phone was so unhelpfull telling me i would have to either keep hold of her till today and phone again or just let her go!!:eek: He said they didnt have enough man power to run a 24 hour operation so there was nothing he could do.So i have spent the best part of last night trying to keep her seperate from my 2 staffys as she dosent seem too fond of other dogs and i slept on the sofa with her because she was crying so much when i left her alone.She is a really lovely dog,only about 10 months old and very friendly and so it amazes me that there is no one looking for her.I havent even had a single phone call from the posters i put out and i have neither seen nor heard anyone looking/shouting for a dog,i just dont understand how you would not notice your dog was missing or not care enough to look for it.I took her to the vets this morning which is local and they had had no one report her missing and i also had her scanned but she is not chipped so i am currently waiting for the dog warden to come and collect her.I feel so bad for her that i have to give her to the warden and that no one seems to care about her because she is so lovely.Some people really dont deserve animals and i hope they dont find her at the dogs home so that she can be re housed with someone who will love her and look after her properly. Sorry rant over!!:o

hoochi
19th September 2008, 11:39
i totally agree it makes my blood boil, my friend was driving down a back lane last week and saw a manoushing a dog out of his car into a layby not really taking much notice anyway onnhis way bak the car had gone but the dog was sat their he stoped and the dog was scared stiff turn out its pregnant so obviosly the owner didnt want a litter of pups how cruel

Tuckerpoo
19th September 2008, 11:45
Oh God I can't read stuff like this without crying. Dogs give you their absolute trust and this is how people repay them:(

Serialdieter
19th September 2008, 11:52
It seems to me there are so many people take on animals without considering what the animal needs.

My sil once found a greyhound wandering around her garden, took it to the nearest rspca centre, then a week later phoned to see if it's owner had been found. When it hadn't she went back and adopted her.

flookie
19th September 2008, 12:01
Well the dog warden has just been and collected her and how awful do i feel,those eyes staring at me as she was led away was heartbreaking.The warden says he will keep her with him for the day just incase anyone contacts him but will take her to the dogs home for the night then if no one has come forward for her after 7 days they will put her up for adoption.I feel so bad,it has relly upset me seeing her led away like that but i am soooooo bl**dy angry with her owners.The warden was lovely and said i could phone if i wanted to be kept up to date with whats happening with her but i dont know if i could bear it.

michelle111
19th September 2008, 12:01
Flookie you have done a great job looking after her ..Well Done you!!!!
I really hope the story has a happy ending and that her owner has somehow become separated through no fault of their own ..lets hope !!!

flookie
19th September 2008, 12:08
The dog warden said that she is a staffy but possibly has a bit of pit in her because she has that sort of look so that maybe why the owners have not reported her missing,because if the think she is a pit then they would be in trouble.Its just so shocking that people are so cruel.

suziq
19th September 2008, 13:31
awe bless, i would be upset too, have found 2 dogs in my life and wanted to keep both, and i love staffs

PipkinSam
19th September 2008, 14:06
I would be upset too. You have done all you can, it's just a shame that people dont all care as much for their animals.
You have been very kind in what you have done.
xx

chrissypoo001
19th September 2008, 15:26
Not microchipped then?
Should be COMPULSORY.
Then the beastly owners can be punished.

hidetheplastic
19th September 2008, 15:53
That's disgusting that she was left roaming the streets. Poor little thing must have been so frightened :(

Good on you Floosy for looking after her. I hope she gets adopted by a lovely family who love her.

maleficent_mum
19th September 2008, 17:49
Flookie, we'll keep our fingers crossed that she'll find a lovely forever home, I'd be heartbroken too if I'd found her. :hug:

flookie
20th September 2008, 22:28
I havent phoned the dogs home yet to see if anyone came forward.am a bit too worried to to be honest,am dreading them saying she has been claimed as much as them saying she hasent! One thing is for sure,if she does get claimed i will be keeping my eyes out for her again cus im sure she will get out again. Have still got the image in my head though of her being led away looking back at me,i feel really guilty i couldent keep her.

KittyKat
20th September 2008, 23:54
It seems to me there are so many people take on animals without considering what the animal needs.

My sil once found a greyhound wandering around her garden, took it to the nearest rspca centre, then a week later phoned to see if it's owner had been found. When it hadn't she went back and adopted her.

Awww thats lovely :)

---

It is very sad I fail to see how people can be so creul :/

icho
21st September 2008, 08:16
Reading this thread makes me laugh [ not at how cruel people are that's bad] but my sis dog is from a rescue centre. Mum and dad have a big calendar that all their stuff goes in inc babysitting for the grandchildren.. the best part is the dog is so much part of the family that she gets booked in too!
She's stayed here a few times and is fab with my little'uns. But DD2 gets jealous if she is getting too much attention from stroking from me!

moore590
21st September 2008, 23:58
what does my head in is when i see dogs in cars by them self with the windoors closed
acturley leveing dogs by them selfs at any time is bad

maleficent_mum
22nd September 2008, 00:41
I havent phoned the dogs home yet to see if anyone came forward.am a bit too worried to to be honest,am dreading them saying she has been claimed as much as them saying she hasent! One thing is for sure,if she does get claimed i will be keeping my eyes out for her again cus im sure she will get out again. Have still got the image in my head though of her being led away looking back at me,i feel really guilty i couldent keep her.

Flookie, we've always had 2 staffs too, I can manage the 2 on leads, I couldn't do 3, apart from that Staffs take over the house and I think the 3 is a crowd rule would probably come into play too, you really couldn't do anything else, but I do understand how you're feeling.
It happened to us once when I found an old welsh sheepdog, it could hardly walk, I went home and got my son's pram to put him in, anyway we kept him for the weekend in one of the sheds, I was worried our 2 wouldn't accept him, by the time the RSPCA came on Monday he was rested and alert, he was like a different dog, it was horrible to watch them take him, I was convinced he had hip dysplasia and they wouldn't be able to find a new home, but I never rang I prefer to hope that someone reclaimed him. :(

flookie
22nd September 2008, 16:11
I have just phoned the dogs home and the pup is still there,no one has come forward for her and they have had no reports of a missing dog from our area.Am kind of relieved to be honest because at least now she will get a good home that has been vetted and will love her and look after her properly.On another subject some people are real ejits! I had no calls about the pup since putting up the posters on thursday,but between yesterday and today i have had 5 crank calls from people asking stupid questions that are totally irrelevant.Why are people so stupid? I made up the posters and so obviousley had to put my number on so they could get hold of me yet these ejits are having a laugh out of me by phoning at silly hours of the day.I really do despair of people some times.Ok rant over.xx

charlotsofun
22nd September 2008, 17:06
my kids think i am cruel because i will not allow them to have a pet.
the only reason i wont is i am not willing to take care of an animal but they just dont understand and say im cruel and tight.
never mind

flookie
22nd September 2008, 17:12
The trouble is a parent will always end up taking care of the animals.My mum did with my rabbitt and dog and i am with dd's hamster.I do think it is important for kids to have responsibility for caring for an animal but they soon get bored and its left to us.I dont think your cruel hun,you just dont want a pet and thats fair enough.

michelle111
22nd September 2008, 18:23
Flookie i cant believe that people actually go to the time and energy and the cost of a call to annoy someone who is obviously trying to help a lost animal...words fail me!!!!

flookie
22nd September 2008, 20:06
I know,i couldent believe it either but there are some weird people out there.I say let them get on with it,they are waisting their time and money not mine.If i do get another one i am going to answer and not hang up,just put the phone down somewhere and walk away,let them see how funny a crank call is then!!! lol

cazzarooni
22nd September 2008, 20:59
I have just read through this and words fail me too - why are some people so cruel eh? But Flookie, I did have a giggle to myself as my Mum and Dad have a rescue dog - A Weirmaraner ....and guess what they called him?? Flookie! Honest!:D

flookie
22nd September 2008, 22:04
Thats excellent,not the norm,but cool anyway!! My real name is holly and i usually get people telling me that that is what their dog is called!! Quite common for spaniels apparently,so im told! lol .I dont mind too much as long as the dogs arent great bit slobbering mastifs or snappy little jack russels,i wouldent want to lend my name to anything like that!! lol.Dogs end up looking like their owners and vice versa apparently so i am doomed to look like a staffy in my old age!! Oh dear!!!!!!!

cazzarooni
23rd September 2008, 08:30
How funny Flookie:D I think staffy's are lovely dogs too.:)