PDA

View Full Version : tumble dryer-where to buy one?

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:00
as the title suggests, i need to buy a new tumble dryer- any suggestions of a decent place to go?

looked so far at comet, currys and argos- brain not working very well tonight so cant think of any bricks & mortar shops that sell them :der:

Floosy
20th September 2008, 22:05
Try your local Euronics center, very reasonable priced and if anything like mine you can cheque spread with no interest over 5/6 months.

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:07
Try your local Euronics center, very reasonable priced and if anything like mine you can cheque spread with no interest over 5/6 months.

thanks hun-think theres one not that far from me....question-what is cheque spread?

zoot
20th September 2008, 22:11
Saw a really cheep one in Asda Living a few weeks ago, if there is one anywhere near you. think they might do a catalogue as well.

Floosy
20th September 2008, 22:11
You pay a deposit in cash and for example, write 5 cheques out predated for the 24th of each month. My local Euronic center does it, check yours may too.

Floosy
20th September 2008, 22:12
Been a god send think I may need a new washing machine waaah

tyroleandancer
20th September 2008, 22:13
as the title suggests, i need to buy a new tumble dryer- any suggestions of a decent place to go?

looked so far at comet, currys and argos- brain not working very well tonight so cant think of any bricks & mortar shops that sell them :der:

Do you have an Enterprise 2000 in your area?

flamedodger
20th September 2008, 22:15
currys & comet have clearance auctions on their web sites worth a look....also I got a cooker and hob off ebay, brand new and less than half price, only had a scratch on rear panel that you don't even see, but as not perfect goes out cheap....so again well worth a look on ebay.

kerryo
20th September 2008, 22:27
do a search for a online discount code for any of the above stores and dont forget quidco, :)

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:28
floosy i dont have a cheque book so no good for me unfortunately

tyroleandancer i just googled enterprise 2000 and its in swansea so bit far for me (i'm in london)

flamedodger i dont have a debit/credit card so thats no good either

i will go & have a look in the euronics centre on monday (closed tomorrow)

thanks for the suggestions

tyroleandancer
20th September 2008, 22:29

tyroleandancer i just googled enterprise 2000 and its in swansea so bit far for me (i'm in london)

:lol: :o sorry

tyroleandancer
20th September 2008, 22:31
Tesco direct??
You can pay with giftcard

flamedodger
20th September 2008, 22:39

Gosh, I feel like I've been told off!:D lol.

You don't need credit/debit to buy off ebay, some sellers will allow you to pay and collect in person.:behindsofa:

next time i'll send in the tank!!

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:41

You don't need credit/debit to buy off ebay, some sellers will allow you to pay and collect in person.:behindsofa:

sorry, i didnt mean to sound harsh, feeling a bit :( tonight

i did have a look on ebay, but no stores selling at the moment, and my oh has insisted that we get a brand new one. think i will keep an eye on ebay for a few days and see if anything comes up

tyroleandancer

I don't think it was meant to come across that way :lol:
I hope not anyway:p

baffled
Well,
I'd have a look on the free 'sale/wanted' board @ me local s'mkts. and pop on a 'want' ad. too.

[If the machine only lasts a year ........ doesn't matter if it only cost ?15 in the first place].

Also consider yr. local sale room/auction.

Best,
B..

SimonJB
20th September 2008, 22:46
Always worth consulting a repair man before buying new.....could cost less to mend than it costs to deliver a new one :)

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:48
Always worth consulting a repair man before buying new.....could cost less to mend than it costs to deliver a new one :)

i spoke to the man i bought my washing machine from last week & he said that it would cost about ?80 to fix the problem (keeps tripping the electric). thing is, its mega old and the door is broken anyway-have to put a chair up against it to keep the door shut when its on.

so not really worth paying all that money to repair iykwim

thanks anyway :-)

kerryo
20th September 2008, 22:50
cheapest one on direct is 143.00, double points, suppose could get free delivery & not much but there is a few 5.00 discount codes about or maybe a 1000 point code,

had a quick search about and the cheapest one i can find is at currys/comet its a white knight and its 109.00, i have had the same one for 4years and its still going strong,

sorry love best i can find and cant see any discount codes anywhere

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:53
cheapest one on direct is 143.00, double points, suppose could get free delivery & not much but there is a few 5.00 discount codes about or maybe a 1000 point code,

had a quick search about and the cheapest one i can find is at currys/comet its a white knight and its 109.00, i have had the same one for 4years and its still going strong,

sorry love best i can find and cant see any discount codes anywhere

thanks kerry-that was the one i found as well, but never heard of white knight so wasnt looking at it properly iykwim. if you say yours is good then thats what i think i'll go for-will get my friend to take me tomorrow

SimonJB
20th September 2008, 22:54
i spoke to the man i bought my washing machine from last week & he said that it would cost about ?80 to fix the problem (keeps tripping the electric). thing is, its mega old and the door is broken anyway-have to put a chair up against it to keep the door shut when its on.

so not really worth paying all that money to repair iykwim

thanks anyway :-)

Thats fair enough then! Just thought I'd mention coz you see no end of washers, driers, dysons etc shoved in skips/on back of scrap wagons/dumped at roadside when they can be repaired. :)

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 22:55
Thats fair enough then! Just thought I'd mention coz you see no end of washers, driers, dysons etc shoved in skips/on back of scrap wagons/dumped at roadside when they can be repaired. :)

i know-we used to get a lot of them when we had skips downstairs, but since the council put a bin shed there we dont get so much now. i would be perfectly happy to get a cheap second hand one but oh has insisted that we get a brand new one

kerryo
20th September 2008, 22:57
thanks kerry-that was the one i found as well, but never heard of white knight so wasnt looking at it properly iykwim. if you say yours is good then thats what i think i'll go for-will get my friend to take me tomorrow

like i said mine is the same make and it has been used daily with no probs, and they do come guaranteed go and have a look, keep your chin up:):)

Floosy
20th September 2008, 22:58
If it blows hot air and drys the clothes, Who cares if its gucci or zanussi @ ?109 that is a bargain!!!

baffled
20th September 2008, 23:06
'ackney =====>

http://www.gumtree.com/london/52/28844852.html

http://www.gumtree.com/london/12/28013312.html

B..

kerryo
20th September 2008, 23:09
seen this on ebay, cant do links, item number 170263296101

tyroleandancer
20th September 2008, 23:13
seen this on ebay, cant do links, item number 170263296101

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170263296101&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D170263296101%26_fvi%3 D1

connorsmummy
20th September 2008, 23:14
thanks kerry & baffled.... off to comet in the morning to try & get a white knight :-)

kerryo
20th September 2008, 23:17
its allways worth a try to knock them down a couple of quid aswell, may not work but you have to try;)

let us know how you get on:)

SimonJB
20th September 2008, 23:20
Tell Comet you've just seen the same model cheaper elsewhere and can they match it ;)

baffled
20th September 2008, 23:20
thanks kerry & baffled.... off to comet in the morning to try & get a white knight :-)

Maintence free and no energy costs ====>

http://www.pulleymaid.com/Classic_Clothes_Airer.htm

Best,

B..

kerryo
20th September 2008, 23:22
yeah id need about 10 of these with my lot lol:), but your right

jasmine
20th September 2008, 23:53
there was a small 3kg i think, white knight tumble dryer for ?9?.00 i our tesco extra today ready to take away..not sure of exact price but definitely ninety something...it's the wee version though not a full size 6kg one.

beckieboop
21st September 2008, 10:03
apollo 2000 will beat any price, if you have one local its worth a look.
i was in my local one yesterday when i woman came in and said this kettle next door in comet is same price but as id looked here first i wanna buy from you, so they gave her a quid off lol, made her day she was beamin!! lol
ive always had a white knight dryer, theyre okies for what they need to do :)

connorsmummy
21st September 2008, 10:31
apollo 2000 will beat any price, if you have one local its worth a look.
i was in my local one yesterday when i woman came in and said this kettle next door in comet is same price but as id looked here first i wanna buy from you, so they gave her a quid off lol, made her day she was beamin!! lol
ive always had a white knight dryer, theyre okies for what they need to do :)

none near me unfortunately & i dont think my friend would be willing to travel miles & miles tbh

jackie_k_uk
21st September 2008, 10:35
I can recommend going to pixmania.co.uk Currys deliver it only its usually a heck of a lot cheaper.
I bought a washing machine and a fridge freezer from there,both about ?100 than Currys.

minxbobine
21st September 2008, 12:18
We bought ours from the co-op online ,they delivered it the next day at 7 o 'clock in the morning.http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/products/productList.asp?topGroupCode=LAUND&groupCode=LDTDRY

connorsmummy
21st September 2008, 18:59
well we went to comet- they didnt have any of the white knights in stock- the cheapest one in the showroom was ?170 & the salesman said that was the cheapest that they had- oh had the hump (hangover) so he said just get it. i grabbed another assistant to do the buy & she said that they had other cheaper ones in stock

anyway, long story short we got an indesit for ?130, so not bad

thanks all for your help :)

kerryo
21st September 2008, 20:15
glad to hear u got one sorted

nettie_b
22nd September 2008, 20:26
well we went to comet- they didnt have any of the white knights in stock- the cheapest one in the showroom was ?170 & the salesman said that was the cheapest that they had- oh had the hump (hangover) so he said just get it. i grabbed another assistant to do the buy & she said that they had other cheaper ones in stock

anyway, long story short we got an indesit for ?130, so not bad

thanks all for your help :)

not a bad price that, always got mine from Co-op - over 12 years and am on 2nd one - white knight! But AS YOU WELL KNOW - my whites aint white!!! LOL more of a manky grey!!