PDA

View Full Version : eek.. help with central heating

icho
21st September 2008, 07:30
Now i might be being blond here but my LED timer has gone blank on my central heating/hot water. [gas]

I thought it might be battery operated but ther's no screws or anything in it.

now i was behind on the payments but why would this affect the timer?

any suggestions?

Deedee
21st September 2008, 07:35
type in the make/model number into the addres bar, see if you can find instructions online hun.

Floosy
21st September 2008, 07:44
RIght If its anything like mine the batterys are in the wireless thermostat.. With the timer try resetting it. Does it have a pull down front panel?

icho
21st September 2008, 07:51
No. googled it. found the model. Says there's a release catch.. that you do with a screwdriver. Can't find it. Says it's mains operated with a battery back up. The central heating fuse box is a trip switch and is on. There is some hot water at mo so i might wash the kids and wait till normal people are up. My landlord [i.e. my bruv is away and his wife is more useless than me - not being rude we're good mates!] so will have to rely on dad.
Might have a another nosy when dd2 who copies things is not looking!

Donpacifico
21st September 2008, 09:03
No. googled it. found the model. Says there's a release catch.. that you do with a screwdriver. Can't find it. Says it's mains operated with a battery back up. The central heating fuse box is a trip switch and is on. There is some hot water at mo so i might wash the kids and wait till normal people are up. My landlord [i.e. my bruv is away and his wife is more useless than me - not being rude we're good mates!] so will have to rely on dad.
Might have a another nosy when dd2 who copies things is not looking!

Job for a Man :)

Deedee
21st September 2008, 09:15
pmsl!!!! You are such a wind up merchant Don! :)

icho
21st September 2008, 09:20
Job for a Man :)

are you offering?!

icho
21st September 2008, 11:19
man not needed after all.

fuse box ok but for some reason i have another switch very similar to a light switch on another leccy contraption which a very small person.. who is now grounded.. can reach.

I flicked it and ran.. as i'm not a scared cat

Low and behold. It works!

bleeding kids!!!

Donpacifico
21st September 2008, 13:09
man not needed after all.

fuse box ok but for some reason i have another switch very similar to a light switch on another leccy contraption which a very small person.. who is now grounded.. can reach.

I flicked it and ran.. as i'm not a scared cat

Low and behold. It works!

bleeding kids!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

mhoc
21st September 2008, 13:14
My eldest and her house mate could have done with the PTS school of electronics.

It has taken them over 2 months to figure out how to get hot water so theye could have a bath.

They had to have a man in to fix the cooker - previous tenants/lnadlords had put the wrong fuse for the cooker so it blew whenever it was switched on. Still not sure it is right.

Also fridge is faulty, thermostat gone but they cant get the landlords to come around and look at it. Sounds like a new frdige is needed.

And Dom the job is yours but it means a 3 hour drive up the motorway :D