PDA

View Full Version : How to leave negative feedback for a non-paying bidder?

LuckyFrankie
25th September 2008, 07:40
Is it just me, or is there no longer any way to leave bad feedback for a non-paying bidder?

I've gone through the dispute process, and the buyer didn't even bother to respond. Obviously I want to warn others about what has happened. However, when I go to leave feedback I am only shown two options - "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later". Do we not even get a "neutral" choice any more?!

I have noticed from his/her other feedback that they have done this before. In these cases, the sellers have left the feedback as "positive" but have put a negative remark alongside it saying that the buyer did not pay or respond. I'm loathe to do this though, because surely that just adds to the number of positive feedback scores for the bad e-bayer, and people might not notice the negative remark unless they read all the feedback really carefully.

Any advice on what to do?

Floosy
25th September 2008, 07:43
I left a positive for mine and it read as follows (I was fuming she failed to pay for a pram she bid for)

*Bring back negs for sellers.. Avoid her like the plague she failed to pay*

mhoc
25th September 2008, 07:45
This is freeky, this is the exact question I was about to ask. My dispute thingy is now showing as day 14 so I should be able to close the dispute soon.

Can I put as the feedback,

unresponsive to invoices or emails, day 14 payment not recieved.

Would that be allowed

Trying to avoid anything like no or not in the sentence

Anyone any suggestions?

littlemissnaughty
25th September 2008, 07:49
I left a neg comment on a poss feedback and it got removed by ebay as you can only post possitive comments! I was fuming the new f/b rules are crap!

angelic
25th September 2008, 08:26
As LMN said, Ebay don't permit sellers to leave a positive "neg" comment. If the buyer reports it, Ebay will remove it.

The feedback system is so unfair as there is no way to warn other sellers if you have had a non-payer or bad buyer :(
Buyers can leave whatever comment they wish - true or untrue and get away with it :(

Freebird
25th September 2008, 08:54
Ebay's new rules are that the buyer is always right, no matter what. Sellers can no longer leave negs or neutrals and as already pointed out, positive negs will be removed by ebay.

I've noticed that my non payers have risen sharply since this came in - people just mess about now knowing there are no consequences. Even filing for an unpaid item is a minefield - you'll get your FVFs back, BUT if the buyer responds THEY can leave YOU a neg, but don't even get an unpaid item strike. They only get one if they don't respond.

dune
25th September 2008, 09:02
you need to put something like

"excellent at not paying"

"great customer if you if you like non paying bidder"

(be possitive in the negative :))

Mrs Lady C
25th September 2008, 09:22
I like the fact that instead of worry about getting a retaliation neg feedback when I have completed my part of the deal correctly,I can now leave negative feedback when it is deserved. I am not talking about delays in the post but sellers selling seconds and advertising it as new etc. If I sell something on ebay and the buyer doesn't pay I would report it get my fees back and ebay would issues a strike against that persons account. I have been ripped of a couple of times on ebay and not left feedback as I was worried about the retaliation neg feedback, now I can leave the true feedback that the seller deserves I"m happy the new system is great. :D:D:D

GoatBoy
25th September 2008, 10:02
I wouldn't bother. They'll get a non paying strike. My auctions exclude buyers with strikes so maybe more people need to set that condition to prevent these people doing it repeatedly

Floosy
25th September 2008, 10:18
14th August I left the following, she has yet to report it and its still there.. I have cut n paste the exact comment lol

Bring back negatives for sellers!!! FAILED TO PAY! NEVER RESPONDED, POOR COMS

thehagman
25th September 2008, 10:29
ebay is so simple now the buyer is right and the seller is wrong (end of story)

there is very little sellers can do when you get non payers, 2nd chance offer is sometimes taken up.

just remember to check the non payers items for sale if they have any
revenge is sweet;)

Floosy
25th September 2008, 10:35
I would have never have thought of that:D I have an id I use for posting on the discussion boards with no feedback, that id use spesh for it LMAO

Freebird
25th September 2008, 11:20
revenge is sweet;)

teeeheee - I've done that! Oh revenge was sweet! And because I responded to the NPB, I didn't even get a strike. :D

I've never bothered to leave a negative positive because I don't want to up their scores - and once it drops off the front page, what are the chances of anyone seeing it?

mhoc
25th September 2008, 14:27
Well as you can imagine at the 11th hour the buyer suddenly "remembered" that she had bought something and paid up - I so wish ebay had let me close the dispute first thing this morning. Now I wonder what would happen of I forgot to post the item and then suddenly remembered after 3 reminders to post it a fortnight later.

A wicked thought is in my head, wait until day 59 and then feedback saying

unresponsive until day 14 after sale, then emailed and paid up

So Mad I wish I'd not checked ebay when I got in :mad:

This is freeky, this is the exact question I was about to ask. My dispute thingy is now showing as day 14 so I should be able to close the dispute soon.

Can I put as the feedback,

unresponsive to invoices or emails, day 14 payment not recieved.

Would that be allowed

Trying to avoid anything like no or not in the sentence

Anyone any suggestions?

grunnie
25th September 2008, 18:03
I had a buyer last week bought 2 Buy it Nows , said she wasn't paying 2 lots of postage. I offered her 1 refund which would have meant I lost at least a 1 as my postage is just exact what the PO charges me. She refused and then refused to pay for her second item. I posted off the item she paid for and a week later she says she still hasn't received it. So to stop her constant emailing I refunded her lost item. She said we would agree to not continue the other sale so I could get my fees back which I did. So my loss is 1 item + postage and the fees for the other one. I so wish I could leave her 2 negatives as I know that is what is coming from her. Buyers like her take the fun as well as the profit out of my ebaying.:mad:I also wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat and gave her 2 strikes which considering the content of the emails she send would be well deserved.

angelic
25th September 2008, 21:00
If the e-mails were in any way offensive/abusive, report to Ebay if they were sent via Ebay messages ;)

I always take the option to leave non-payers a strike, at least that way, they are less likely to continue and will hopefully think twice before repeating.
If her negs left for you are not within Ebay rules, don't forget you can request removal ;)

thehagman
26th September 2008, 00:33
[QUOTE=angelic;781036]If the e-mails were in any way offensive/abusive, report to Ebay if they were sent via Ebay messages ;)

ebay do nothing about this i once had an idiot send some very crude remarks about basically killing me/burning house down etc.
i sent all details to ebay emails etc nothing done this person still deals on ebay and reply from ebay can not let you know what action we have taken bla bla.... if in danger contact police.

mhoc
26th September 2008, 08:10
If the e-mails were in any way offensive/abusive, report to Ebay if they were sent via Ebay messages ;)

I always take the option to leave non-payers a strike, at least that way, they are less likely to continue and will hopefully think twice before repeating.
If her negs left for you are not within Ebay rules, don't forget you can request removal ;)

Ebay do nothing. I once had a seller do a direct copy of a listing I had, photo and tecxt etc. i reported him and he sent an abusive message, needless to say ebay did nothing.

angelic
26th September 2008, 11:00
If your initial report fails, re-send it ;)

It is all dependant on the person "reading" the e-mail as to whether it is actually read or not.
If I report anything and nothing happens first time, it usually is acted on second attempt or I go to Live Help and tell them nothing has been done ;)
Again with the latter, it can be hit and miss as to whether they do much though.

mhoc
23rd November 2008, 09:53
Two of my buyers failed to pay so I had to go through the dispute council thingy and today was day 8 so I could close it and ebay have given them unpaid strikes.

One person I had no communication with anyway but he did buy an item from someone else early in November and I presume pay for it.

One was a lady who said she had a paypal problem and would I mind waiting a bit. I said no problem, waited a week and emailed her but got no response and of course she never paid. I've just checked her feedback and needless to say she has bought numerous items in November.

So I cant leave a negative which is what these people need so I put in the positive box

NO PAYMENT RECIEVED BY DAY 29 NO EM RESPONSE UNPAID ITEM STRIKE GIVEN BY EBAY

so at least this is there for a while unless they buy lots of BINS in November, pay straight away and get it off the first page.

So are ebay likely to take this message down. I've only stated the facts, nothing personal. Can these people complain to ebay and get the comment moved? I am probally going to get my first negative now :mad:

jen
23rd November 2008, 11:26
My DS has finally got round to ebaying loads of stuff from where he sorted out his room and we have a non paying buyer. She is not responding to messages. To be honest we can't be bothered to start a non paying dispute or with giving her neg feedback, but we want to get rid of the item to a charity shop, how long has she got to pay, don't want to give it away then have her pay:eek:

Freebird
23rd November 2008, 11:40
Jen, she has 7 days to pay before you can start a dispute. You can no longer neg a non-paying bidder - seller's are now only allowed to leave positives as all buyers are wonderful and only suffer at the hands of evil us sellers. Do file a dispute though as otherwise you still have to pay final value fees on an item that wasn't even paid for.

Maybe pull her details and give her a call to find out if there's a problem? I often find that sometimes people send a cheque and don't tell you so you may find all is well.

Good luck.

jen
23rd November 2008, 11:45
Jen, she has 7 days to pay before you can start a dispute. You can no longer neg a non-paying bidder - seller's are now only allowed to leave positives as all buyers are wonderful and only suffer at the hands of evil us sellers. Do file a dispute though as otherwise you still have to pay final value fees on an item that wasn't even paid for.

Maybe pull her details and give her a call to find out if there's a problem? I often find that sometimes people send a cheque and don't tell you so you may find all is well.

Good luck.

Thanks Freebird, there is no phone number in her details, otherwise I would give her a call. The item didn't go for much so my DS is not bothered about losing the listing fees.
To be honest our gut feeling is she has forgotten that she bid on the item, she has only 3 feedback on ebay, all positive and she bid on the item on the first day of the auction. Today is the eighth day so we will give her a couple more days to see if she responds from the message, then give her till next weekend then take the item down the charity shop.

angelic
23rd November 2008, 13:13
So I cant leave a negative which is what these people need so I put in the positive box

NO PAYMENT RECIEVED BY DAY 29 NO EM RESPONSE UNPAID ITEM STRIKE GIVEN BY EBAY

so at least this is there for a while unless they buy lots of BINS in November, pay straight away and get it off the first page.

So are ebay likely to take this message down. I've only stated the facts, nothing personal. Can these people complain to ebay and get the comment moved? I am probally going to get my first negative now :mad:

Ebay will remove your comment if the buyer reports it.

Negatives are a fact of Ebaying unfortunately. Unless you have a small overall feedback count, I wouldn't worry.
Not so many sellers have 100% now the buyer is free to leave negs with no retaliation :rolleyes:
If you get one, you can post a follow up comment if you want to.

Thanks Freebird, there is no phone number in her details, otherwise I would give her a call. The item didn't go for much so my DS is not bothered about losing the listing fees.
To be honest our gut feeling is she has forgotten that she bid on the item, she has only 3 feedback on ebay, all positive and she bid on the item on the first day of the auction. Today is the eighth day so we will give her a couple more days to see if she responds from the message, then give her till next weekend then take the item down the charity shop.

Your buyer will have received notification by e-mail and to her My Ebay page.
Unless she has had a problem and had no internet access, she couldn't avoid seeing the payment reminders.

It is a violation of Ebay policy to be registered without a full address and phone number - either landline or mobile.
If you wish to, you can report to Ebay -
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/identity-false.html

Please file an Unpaid Item Dispute to reclaim your DS's fees. It is simple to do and takes a few minutes and no more.
You can't get a refund of your listing fee, but you will get the Final Value Fee on the sale refunded.

fluffybunny2
23rd November 2008, 14:25
I wouldn't bother. They'll get a non paying strike. My auctions exclude buyers with strikes so maybe more people need to set that condition to prevent these people doing it repeatedly

its rubbish that we can't leave negative feedback

the only thing we can do is file an unpaid item dispute and then they get the unpaid item strike which, as goatboy says above, may restrict them from bidding on other sellers auctions.

not everyone knows about this though. you can amend your preferences.

you go into my ebay, then account, then site preferences then "buyer requirements". you can exclude bidders who've had unpaid item strikes, have feedback of -1 or worse or are registered in countries you don't post to

here is the ebay link - http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&FClassic=true&ssPageName=STRK:ME:MAPRX

dizzy_shopper
23rd November 2008, 14:33
I haven't sold on ebay since this change. Seems too risky to me.

penfold
23rd November 2008, 15:02
I've noticed a huge increase in non paying buyers :mad:....I'm at nearly 1000 feedback (obviously not all sales though:)) have never had a non payr before but have had 4 in the last month :eek:

So hate we cannot lave truthful feedback anymore :mad:.....some buyers really are taking the proverbial now :nono:

jen
23rd November 2008, 15:50
Ebay will remove your comment if the buyer reports it.

Negatives are a fact of Ebaying unfortunately. Unless you have a small overall feedback count, I wouldn't worry.
Not so many sellers have 100% now the buyer is free to leave negs with no retaliation :rolleyes:
If you get one, you can post a follow up comment if you want to.

Your buyer will have received notification by e-mail and to her My Ebay page.
Unless she has had a problem and had no internet access, she couldn't avoid seeing the payment reminders.

It is a violation of Ebay policy to be registered without a full address and phone number - either landline or mobile.
If you wish to, you can report to Ebay -
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/identity-false.html

Please file an Unpaid Item Dispute to reclaim your DS's fees. It is simple to do and takes a few minutes and no more.
You can't get a refund of your listing fee, but you will get the Final Value Fee on the sale refunded.

Thanks Angelic for your help, my DS is out at the moment we will sort it out later this evening.

angel2710
23rd November 2008, 17:10
I've noticed a huge increase in non paying buyers :mad:....I'm at nearly 1000 feedback (obviously not all sales though:)) have never had a non payr before but have had 4 in the last month :eek:

So hate we cannot lave truthful feedback anymore :mad:.....some buyers really are taking the proverbial now :nono:

Snap im just over 2000 feedback and have had five non paying bidders in the last month never had one before in the four years ive been on ebay!

penfold
23rd November 2008, 17:41
Snap im just over 2000 feedback and have had five non paying bidders in the last month never had one before in the four years ive been on ebay!

it's so annoying isn't it....they are obviously bidding on a few then choosing to only pay for the lowest :(

A few things I've been selling have been time sensitive as well so even though I got my fvf back I still lost out on the sale as it takes so long for the dispute to get resolved :(

mhoc
23rd November 2008, 18:01
I have it set so that anyone with a non paying strike cannot bid but it seems that they have to have had two non paying strikes in a month before you can block them. Pity, I would rather block them if they had any non paying stikes in a three month period.

What is soooo annoying is that they carry on bidding, winning and paying for other stuff while you are stuck waiting weeks to do the unpaid item console.

If you block someone can they send you messages through ebay or is it just bidding that is blocked?

angelic
23rd November 2008, 19:22
If you block someone can they send you messages through ebay or is it just bidding that is blocked?

They are just blocked from bidding on any of your auctions.

Blocked bidders can still send a message via Ebay as Ebay actually suggests you might like to contact the seller to find out why you are blocked, lol :rolleyes:

So long as anyone with a non-paying bidder files an Unpaid Item dispute and selects the option to give the NPB a strike, we have to just hope the non-payer will clock up enough for a suspension :(

Unfortunately Ebay don't give a fig about NPB's :mad:
I hope Ebay employees get as many NPB's as everyone else as they are in a better position to ask for a fix....I can but dream :help:

BritBrat
23rd November 2008, 19:37
revenge is sweet;)

Thats a good one, I like it.

I have a few spare names I could use.

Freebird
23rd November 2008, 20:26
Thats a good one, I like it.

I have a few spare names I could use.

Those random posting ID's for the shark-infested waters of the Community boards on ebay can be very useful for such childish yet satisfying acts of revenge ;)

Of course, I've never deliberately auction-wrecked anyone who bought things from me and then didn't pay........ :pray: