PDA

View Full Version : Help - Nosey Neighbour

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:05
Help me please....................

My neighbour somehow has managed to find out that I have en E-Bay account and what my username is. This annoyed me but I took it on the chin until he made a comment over the weekend about something I had bought, when my hubby asked him how he knew about our purchase he said "I know about lots of things you have bought". This has made me furious. They are also the type that hide beind their blinds and think you can't see them. I have looked and can't find a way of making all of my listings private so I have turned again to my "friends" on PTS as someone always seems to help. Please help me so that Mr Nosey needs to quess next time.

wwcrazy
29th September 2008, 17:06
gut reaction is to tell him to mind his own $%^$$^& business

Sorry can't help with ebay

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:07
gut reaction is to tell him to mind his own $%^$$^& business

Sorry can't help with ebay

Lets just say my hubby is a bit more polite and diplomatic than I am.

SuzyWoo
29th September 2008, 17:07
Start buying some 'spicey' stuff and then wink at him whenever you see him! ;)

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:09
Start buying some 'spicey' stuff and then wink at him whenever you see him! ;)

What a thought Suzy, LMAO as we have had a few friends comment on the fact that he is over friendly with hubby.

SuzyWoo
29th September 2008, 17:15
See if you can find something on threesomes pmsl!

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:17
See if you can find something on threesomes pmsl!

Yuk - wouldn't want to give him ideas............

DaisyChain
29th September 2008, 17:21
Buy a couple of legal type books on neighbour problems, invasion of privacy that type of thing :)

SuzyWoo
29th September 2008, 17:22
Buy this and see if he gets the message! ;) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neighbours-from-Hell-by-Frank-Field-Y2_W0QQitemZ170245086714QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item17 0245086714&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:22
Buy a couple of legal type books on neighbour problems, invasion of privacy that type of thing :)

Love this suggestion as he would panic about this sort of thing.

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:24
Buy this and see if he gets the message! ;) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neighbours-from-Hell-by-Frank-Field-Y2_W0QQitemZ170245086714QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item17 0245086714&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Another one for consideration - going to have a good look through E-Bay later and see what I can come up with as he sure as H**L ain't getting away with it for much longer - really want to ask him how he knew my username.

navara
29th September 2008, 17:24

Nice one
He's not hacked into your WiFi has he:eek:

holliemon
29th September 2008, 17:26
How has he found out your username - can you change it.

Do you have wireless? Is there some way he can get into your computer

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:27
Nice one
He's not hacked into your WiFi has he:eek:

No, definately not, hubby is on top of all of this.

jen
29th September 2008, 17:29
To be honest I would absolutely ignore him, if he gets a reaction then he will know he has annoyed you, I would just be polite but not chat with him in future and tell my OH to do the same!!

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:30
How has he found out your username - can you change it.

Don't really want to change my username, would rather he knew that I had made my listings private if possible.

SuzyWoo
29th September 2008, 17:30
Have you mentioned buying anything specific off ebay to him? Maybe he's searched from that.

princessa
29th September 2008, 17:32
Someone should list a job lot of books you can 'buy' from them! 'How to deal with your nosey neighbour', 'How to dispose of a body' and 'How to get away with murder'

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:34
Have you mentioned buying anything specific off ebay to him? Maybe he's searched from that.

No as I hardly speak to him, he is a know all and I find him off putting, I only say hello in the passing and can't have a conversation with him. Hubby only has small talk with him and even he (hubby) doesn't know what I buy. Can you check what people locally have bought?

Emmamed
29th September 2008, 17:44
you can search by distance from your postcode.

have you recently sold something big?? like garden stuff, which your neighbour could have then noticed it was you selling the item?

do you have a name simular to your actual name and yr neighbour just came across yr listing and noticed yr location.

you can make yr listings private, so it wouldnt show up in yr feedback as to what you have sold. or make yr feedback private, so nothing would show on yr feedback. only problem with this is, it looks funny when ppl have private feedback as if they have something to hide.

if you havent got many feedbacks, you could just make a new name up.

Twinks
29th September 2008, 17:55
you can search by distance from your postcode.

have you recently sold something big?? like garden stuff, which your neighbour could have then noticed it was you selling the item? No

do you have a name simular to your actual name and yr neighbour just came across yr listing and noticed yr location. No, he wouldn't associate my username with us

you can make yr listings private, so it wouldnt show up in yr feedback as to what you have sold. or make yr feedback private, so nothing would show on yr feedback. only problem with this is, it looks funny when ppl have private feedback as if they have something to hide. How do I make my feedback private as I don't want him seeing what I buy - don't mind about what I sell

if you havent got many feedbacks, you could just make a new name up. Have over 300 so really want to keep my username

Thanks for your suggestions.

numpty
29th September 2008, 18:07
I would say i found a ( insert wot ever he really really wants) and I'll send you some details, wots your ebay name?

THEN BAN HIM!

Emmamed
29th September 2008, 18:38
banning him wont stop him from being able to view her listings etc etc

Georgie
29th September 2008, 18:44
This would be really annoying me as well. Grrr! Has he taken any packages in for you of stuff you have bought from ebay that might have had your user name on the back of an envelope ? It does seem really odd that he has got hold of this piece of info.

I'm paranoid about the amount of Tesco Delivery vans that have been delivering to me lately. One of my neighbours keeps coming out to look and stare, when they pull up. :eek:

michelle111
29th September 2008, 18:46
I cant believe that he is so sad to monitor what your buying and selling...omg he must have a boring existence

dizzy_shopper
29th September 2008, 18:48
He does sound creepy. I don't think you can make your details private on ebay for what you buy. If I were you I would email ebay and ask for advice.

dizzy_shopper
29th September 2008, 19:07
If it's just the things you buy hon, why not set up another acc in hubbys name?

Just take solace that he's a sad individual and completely ignore him.

Good idea!:clap2:

heatherks
29th September 2008, 19:09
it would have been easier to block his if you knew his ....must lead a sad life ...if it continues all i can suggest is write to ebay with his name address and they might be able to trace him ..

HELLO_KITTY
29th September 2008, 19:12
omg..how nosey...i'd start a new account if i were u , i got a few as i have one to buy things on,
why dont u buy a 'nosey neighbour' book or statue or something to give them the hint lol

annoyingly my partner told his brother my username in general converstion ..and its really annoying as i bought bra's on there and the title says the size any everything...

princessa
29th September 2008, 19:21
I don't think there's much you can do, tbh. Ebay won't give you his details, and you can block him from bidding on your stuff but he'll still be able to view what you're buying and selling. It's between making your feedback private, or making up a new name. No idea how he could have found your username though, unless he's just coincidentally came across it! Bit scary though, him saying he knows other stuff.

clockwatcher
29th September 2008, 19:39
If you change your username, will people still be able to find you by searching for your old username?

princessa
29th September 2008, 20:25
Not if you create a new username though.

angelic
29th September 2008, 20:51
If you change your username, will people still be able to find you by searching for your old username?

Yes, any search immediately shows the new ID by default.
I have a few on Favourite Sellers who have tried to hide themselves for a reason - as soon as they changed ID, it changed to the new ID on my Faves list ;)

Best idea is to set up a new ID to use first for buying to get your feedback up, then if you want to sell use it once you have some feedback.
If you want to remain anon from family/friends/nosey neighbours, don't ever mention buying or selling anything - all they ahve to do to find your ID is search for the item and voila :(

Mrs Lady C
29th September 2008, 21:26
When you next place a ad make sure you add in the biggest writing possible a message to him saying something like; TO MY NOSEY CREEPY NEIGHBOUR I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY ( ) then insert a message in their that will make him feel like a right prat. :D:D:D

navara
30th September 2008, 08:50
When you next place a ad make sure you add in the biggest writing possible a message to him saying something like; TO MY NOSEY CREEPY NEIGHBOUR I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY ( ) then insert a message in their that will make him feel like a right prat. :D:D:D

With his Address:D

rach109
4th October 2008, 17:41
omg what a creepy weirdo !

lisa
4th October 2008, 18:42
Someone should list a job lot of books you can 'buy' from them! 'How to deal with your nosey neighbour', 'How to dispose of a body' and 'How to get away with murder'

Fab idea, might make him think twice - I cant believe he has nothing better to do - some saddos around!

princesskerry
4th October 2008, 18:43
Everyone can be a bit nosey, like since we have moved in we have vertical blinds everywhere (something we never had before) and whenever anyone is going past I cant help but look as I think I notice more then I did before. Honestly before though I wouldn't have a clue if one of my neighbours went on holiday until the day they came back lol!
Likewise me and OH speculate about what jobs the next door neighbours do etc to be able to afford their big extension lol!
We sound like nightmares lol, we really aren't though.
Anyway what I'm trying to say is your neighbour sounds out and out creepy, even if I did stumble across someones auction that I knew I would never comment to them about it and wouldn't think about looking on a regular basis for sure. Likewise I would feel very uncomfortable with someone prying at what I was doing even family. Everyone can be a bit nosey but this guy is verging on obsessive :eek: :gbxtank: :eek:.

princesskerry
4th October 2008, 18:45
Lol just to add I'm not Gillians creepy neighbour lol!

johncoote69
4th October 2008, 19:46
Why not open an account in your hubbys name?
I know what you mean though - folk have actually turned up to my home address un announced by searching by postcode etc for a car i was selling!
I'd go to ebay.com and go to the online help thing - its a live chat with an ebay rep - they are pretty good as a rule with me - may give you some ideas?
Failing that, if its buy it now, ask the seller to list ass a private listing - that way folk cant see what has been bought.

diva
5th October 2008, 23:48
sell him on ebay

baffled
6th October 2008, 00:00
sell him on ebay

Wicked!

And elegant.

Best,

B.,.

happyally
6th October 2008, 00:13
I had a rotten experience a few years ago with ebay and something similar to this. A friend of my husband's through work rang one day and left an ansaphone message saying "you must be happy bunny's just seen what your blah, blah, blah went for, " I felt completely violated. I coudn't get it out of my mind. How long had he been "watching" what I was buying/selling? It made my skin crawl. In fact I closed my ebay account and started another and threw the friendship into touch too, on the strength of it! I think you should think about doing that too, whatever your feedback its not worth it if you think someone's watching you. Its tantamount to stalking really. I had a healthy 600+ feedback and closed it all down because of a creepy weirdo. Its only feedback though, can be rebuilt. I did write to ebay but they were not very supportive, its quite hopeless that they have no useful telephone support, everything is automated emails, drives me nuts! I see in a post above though that you can chat with an ebay rep live, that must be new, didn't have that option a few years ago. That is an improvement, maybe try that.

I also had problems with people cutting and pasting pictures and narratives. Ebay did deal with these though, have to say.

On the lighter note I love the posts which suggest buying books on "how to dispose of a body" and "neighbour disputes" and "threesomes". lmao.

NitWit
6th October 2008, 00:26
What about something like this? (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KT1-UHF-LISTENING-DEVICE-surveillance-SPY-BUG-fm-rf-BUG_W0QQitemZ320308035540QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 20308035540&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) - maybe not so expensive, but should be effective.

All joking aside, I would set up a new account. That's very creepy!

BritBrat
9th October 2008, 16:27
Do you have a wireless connection to the internet?

And if so is it secure.

Is the neighbour accessing your computer?

KittyKat
9th October 2008, 16:37

lol! It's got to be done!