PDA

View Full Version : ebay - asssistance please from regular ebayer

sunflower
9th October 2008, 14:26
Assistance please

I am not finding the new ebay site very user friendly. I sold an item and the buyer and I have now agreed to cancel the sale. How do I go about notifying ebay so that I do not pay final sale charges.

Just looked under help on ebay and it appears I have to do an unpaid item dispute. Is that the only way to go? It suits me as well not to proceed. Item not yet posted so no costs there.
thanks

Dolly Daydream
9th October 2008, 14:43
Assistance please

I am not finding the new ebay site very user friendly. I sold an item and the buyer and I have now agreed to cancel the sale. How do I go about notifying ebay so that I do not pay final sale charges.

Just looked under help on ebay and it appears I have to do an unpaid item dispute. Is that the only way to go? It suits me as well not to proceed. Item not yet posted so no costs there.
thanks

yes I'm sure you need to do this and then put that you and the buyer have agreed to cancel the sale or not complete the sale so it then gets closed/cancelled by ebay. :D

Hopefully someone who is 100% sure will be along soon :D

heatherks
9th October 2008, 15:10
im sure you still have to open dispute then clicking the box ...something about both mutually agreed not to proceed with sale ...in order to reclaim fees

angelic
9th October 2008, 15:41
Yes, you need to file an Unpaid Item dispute form in order to receive a refund of the Final Value fee charged on the end of auction sale price.

You can open the dispute 7 days after the auction end, it is to the minute so sometimes it won't let you open it until the 8th day.

You will be given options for the transaction not completing - if you chose the Mutual option, be sure the buyer will agree.
Ebay will ask them if they do agree, if they ignore the message, you won't get your FVF back ;)

If you re-list, do so from the original auction page, that way if you sell second time around, you will be refunded your listing fee.
Unfortunately, if you don't re-list, you will lose the listing fee from the cancelled auction.