PDA

View Full Version : eco kettle does anyone have one?

fabdids
10th October 2008, 16:44
Seen as im at home sick until baby arrives then off for another year after that i making so many things with warm water( hot water bottle, tea etc) im wondering wether one of these kettles would be a good investment im loath to get rid of mine but its not in great condition so any ideas does anyone have one or thoughts on them?
thanks
fabdids

Deedee
10th October 2008, 16:46
eco kettle, do you mean the Tefal one cup thingeroo!

meemo38
10th October 2008, 17:03
I hae the tefal quick cup, supposed to use a third of the energy thasn a normal kettle, dont know if it does or not but i love mine, hot water in seconds, i asked on here about them a while ago, then bought one.
Michelle

rainbowhope
10th October 2008, 17:05
...my tefal quick cup broke after 2 cup...and it was 60...: o

Deedee
10th October 2008, 17:05
love mine, reminds me though, must go and buy a new filter, I dropped the water caddy bit and the filter thingy broke, I've just left it floating in there for weeks! lol

meemo38
10th October 2008, 18:21
Deedee, are the filters different to the ones that are in the brita type water containers.....or diffeent, as i have never bought one for ours yet???
Michelle

littlemissnaughty
10th October 2008, 18:35
The best gadget I have ever brought, I would be lost without mine :D

I have to confess though that I have had it for about 18 months and never once put a filter in it :behindsofa:

flowerpots
10th October 2008, 19:31
Have to say we bought two for our work kitchens and they are both now out of operation. Great to start with but after heavy use they fail to heat up properly

suzie3441
10th October 2008, 19:39
I love my Tefal onecup but I need a new filter. Not sure where to get one and have put mine out of action until my kitchen is fully functional again!!
If anyone can advise best place to get filters it would be appriciated *(sp)
Ta Suzie x

fabdids
13th October 2008, 19:49
i was on about a different one thats on alot of the eco sites between 30-35 quid will have lookie at the tefal thing thanks peeps x

Esinedee
13th October 2008, 20:23
i was on about a different one thats on alot of the eco sites between 30-35 quid will have lookie at the tefal thing thanks peeps x

I have an Eco friendly technology kettle, bought it from M&S for about 30, you press down a cup or however much needed at a time to save boiling more than you need. I find it very annoying wished I had just bought one with a viewing panel either side and been careful when filling, but others may like them :)

Emmamed
14th October 2008, 04:06
I love my Tefal onecup but I need a new filter. Not sure where to get one and have put mine out of action until my kitchen is fully functional again!!
If anyone can advise best place to get filters it would be appriciated *(sp)
Ta Suzie x

amazon fiver for 1 i think. i should buy some for mine, but never have got round to it.

its ok if u like to drink yr drink as soon as u have poured it, but hubby moans his coffee not hot enough once hes put the milk in.

my mum has a eco kettle i think, it has 2 chambers in and one keeps the water warm and when u want a drink, just release how ever much water you want and therefore dont use so much electric, cos its not heating from stone cold.