PDA

View Full Version : Bobbi Brown Make up Brushes

Trolley Dash
26th October 2008, 20:01
Hi

I am thinking about treating myself to some Bobbi Brown make up brushes and in John Lewis they are about 80 for a set of the short handled ones.

On ebay I can see them from about 25 upwards I just wondered if anybody else was a fan of BB and had bought any of the range from a seller on ebay that they could reccomend?

I am wondering if the ones I can see on ebay are authentic or rip offs. There seems to be 100's of people selling them.

Many thanks in advance.

chelseatom
26th October 2008, 20:03
i remember when he was married to whitney houston, i didnt know he had branched out into make up

Trolley Dash
26th October 2008, 20:05
Its not that Bobbi Brown - well as far as I know it isnt!

angelic
26th October 2008, 20:08
i remember when he was married to whitney houston, i didnt know he had branched out into make up

Lol :D

Sorry I can't help with a seller recommendation :(
If the brushes normally retail around 80, I would be wary of any way cheaper than that as they are likely to be fake.

All I can suggest is you check out seller's feedbacks and go from there, but it is a bit risky as some buyers don't leave feedback (despite the rule change) if things aren't exactly right ;)

Tuckerpoo
26th October 2008, 20:11

LMAO:)

Trolley Dash
26th October 2008, 20:12
That exactly what I am thinking how can they be soooo much cheaper, its not like they are used and people are selling them on. they are being sold as brand new.

angelic
26th October 2008, 20:34
That exactly what I am thinking how can they be soooo much cheaper, its not like they are used and people are selling them on. they are being sold as brand new.

It's the same as the designer bags which appear in their thousands on Ebay....if a bag is 100+ in a shop, it sure isn't likely to be genuine if sold on Ebay for half the price :rolleyes:

Have you tried Googling to see if you can find an online retailer cheaper than John Lewis?

Trolley Dash
26th October 2008, 20:38
yes I have, it seems that you can either buy direct from BB's website or via strawberry.net but otherwise it's ebay.

muddles
26th October 2008, 22:09
I think I would give E-Bay a miss too Ali - here's a nice set if you're interested though it's not Bobbi Brown - might be of some use to you :)

http://www.beautycounterdirect.co.uk/beauty-tools-cosmetic-brushes-c-293_483.html

chelseatom
26th October 2008, 22:13
its my perogative

Trolley Dash
27th October 2008, 08:47
thanks muddles - will have a look

the_kid
27th October 2008, 19:29
I have a number of Bobbi Brown and MAC brushes, some bought from department stores and others bought from ebay.com (USA) and all were totally authentic, pound not so strong at the moment against the dollar, but still cheaper in USA than UK

Also worth waiting for when department stores do their Christmas deals, where they do 10 or 20% off everything....and in this economic climate, I think there will be lots of sales this Christmas.