PDA

View Full Version : Paypal advice please....

NitWit
29th October 2008, 21:36
I bought an item on eBay for 120 inc P&P. The short story is that the item was not as described and the seller did not want to refund.

I had to raise a dispute, followed all the requests, sent the item back and today they have closed the dispute as the seller has not received the item.

How is that my fault? It was sent by Special Delivery. I have sent another e-mail back to Paypal asking what I do next but I have a feeling they will say it's justthe way things go etc.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Any advice would be great.

Thank you x

rainbowhope
29th October 2008, 21:47
If they never received it back---I'd put in a claim with royal mail for the missing special delivery.

rainbowhope
29th October 2008, 21:47
p.s. would another gas voucher cheer you up ?...:)

Tuckerpoo
29th October 2008, 22:04
You claim it back from Royal Mail. It is covered whatever it is, as Special Delivery is for vouchers or anything else. To prove the worth you put in the eBay details. There is a part on the from especially for that. Make sure you claim for the P&P as well:)

NitWit
29th October 2008, 22:15
Ohhh guys your stars, I never even thought of claiming that way, how silly of me. Thank you so much, I will give it a go :kiss:

P.S RH, bless you - I can make use of it if you can't :D
P.P.S RH & Tuckerpoo, I can't love you more than I already do according to the reps!

DebbieE
29th October 2008, 22:17
Isn't there somewhere on Royal Mail website that you can put in the special delivery no. to see whether it has been delivered & signed for?

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?catId=22700601&gear=authentication

Unless you have already done this

NitWit
29th October 2008, 22:26
Yes I have DebbieE, thanks.

This is the reason Paypal won't pay up as the RM site has not confirmed it has been delivered.

I got so caught up in my anger with Paypal that I wasn't thinking straight :rolleyes:

angelic
30th October 2008, 10:57
Ouch, that is an expensive prob, Nitwit :(

I would try calling RM CS - 08457 740 740 as Special Delivery items are tracked all the way from handing in at the PO to being delivered.
From experience several years ago when I had an SD item go AWOL, I called CS and they actually tracked the parcel down to the RM bag it was in and told me which Sorting Office had it at that time.
It arrived with my buyer next day - a week after posting and I was compensated, passed this on to my buyer :)

If no luck with RM, go to Postwatch, the regulatory watchdog for mail. They are really helpful and it was them who chased up RM for me who then miraculously "found" my parcel.
I don't have PW details to hand, but you should find them via Google easily ;)

Unfortunately PayPal rely wholly on the tracking number showing delivered on RM system - without that they won't pay out :(
As others have said, you should be covered for compensation being you sent by SD and the RM are liable.
Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Maverick
12th November 2008, 18:39
How did you get on with this Nitwit, going through a similar thing.

flufff
17th November 2008, 22:23
sounds to me like its been deliberately not signed for so they dont have to cough up.I'd go via the royal mail route and claim.Make sure you put paypal evidence with it.Good luck

Darkangel709
17th November 2008, 22:46
they should have recorded evidence that they tried to deliver it and the postie number and round etc as it was sent SD. All sound advice dont let it go think ebay and paypal stink as far as things go with goods not as described etc....as long as they are getting there cut i dont think that they are bothered.....

NitWit
17th November 2008, 23:29
How did you get on with this Nitwit, going through a similar thing.

Sorry Mav, I didn't mean to ignore you. Just seen your post now.

I have put a claim in with RM and they are doing an investigation. They do say no news is good news!

It stinks that I had proof of posting, bent over backwards for Paypal and they still didn't pay out. Just goes to show that they advertise your protected, but really even when you do everything they ask your not :mad:

I hope yours goes better than mine.

angelic
18th November 2008, 09:36
I'm not sure how long ago you contacted RM, Nitwit, but they should be able to tell you where your parcel is being it was sent by Special Delivery.
All SD items are tracked every step of their journey right down to the mail sack they are in so RM should know its last known whereabouts at least.
Personally I would get onto Postwatch and get them to act for you - totally free and in my experience, they got info that RM had found my "missing" parcel very quickly once they intervened.

Good luck with your claim, Mav and hope you have success :)

phonejacker
20th November 2008, 09:21
I can't believe I am reading this.

I was a seller of two gold rings - Paypal took back the payment from us within 3 days of sale - despite proof of delivery. The buyer claimed they were not as described. The buyer kept payment, and the rings, it was so easy for him too. Paypal didn't even consider any evidence presented by us. The rings were effectively stolen from us by the buyer and Paypal. Paypal backs buyers without exception. :eek:

We have taken the buyer to court and won the case, including substantial costs (nearly 3 times the cost of the rings). I think he will be receiving a visit from the bailiffs soon.

angelic
21st November 2008, 13:01
I am puzzled by this as I believed Significantly Not As Described claims had to be investigated and buyer has to give back up written evidence - in this case from a jeweller?
I have known this to be the case certainly with anything of value and have never heard of a case being opened/closed within 3 days when there is a dispute?

I wondered if maybe the buyer had claimed "unauthorised use" of their credit card?
If they did that, the funds would be very swiftly reversed without question and proof of delivery wouldn't come into it :(

Well done on pursuing your buyer through the courts - I guess you took the Small Claims route? I doubt the person will try that trick again in a hurry :)

deekmcc
21st November 2008, 15:18
OP you are entitled to your cost of special delivery if it wasn't even attempted for delivery next working day as it's guaranteed to be attempted/delivered.