PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents bought - how many do you buy for? Is Your Shopping Done Yet??

Pages : [1] 2

dantheman
30th October 2008, 11:47
I've never understood the christmas flapping about- buy some presents and cook a meal aint it?

Anyway- ive brought all the xmas pressies already:

The inbetweeners on dvd x 3 at HMV (4.49)
2 Books at WHSMith- all 1/2 price and 20% with 20priv code along with a photo album.
A clinique travel kit on an easyjet flite.
M&S chox/ biscuits mostly 1/3-1/2 off when bought early

All with quidco naturally.

All, but M&S stuff delivered to the door and the xmas shop via tesco.com.

Am I missing something:confused:

littlemissnaughty
30th October 2008, 11:51
:eek: God don't you just hate men!!!!!

You sound too organised for my likings. But what about the food for xmas dinner and stuff?

Twinks
30th October 2008, 11:52
:eek: God don't you just hate men!!!!!

You sound too organised for my likings. But what about the food for xmas dinner and stuff?

Sorry to dissapoint you LMN but I have also finished my Christmas Shopping Yeah!

VeryTrying
30th October 2008, 11:53
I've never understood the christmas flapping about- buy some presents and cook a meal aint it?
Anyway- ive brought all the xmas pressies already. All, but M&S stuff delivered to the door and the xmas shop via tesco.com.
Am I missing something:confused:

:eek: God don't you just hate men!!!!! You sound too organised for my likings. But what about the food for xmas dinner and stuff?

Sorry to dissapoint you LMN but I have also finished my Christmas Shopping Yeah!

Yes you've made one big mistake :) Having a Christmas shop from Tesco - you can't rely on it all turning up, and the stress levels would be far too high. What you should do is buy some of the stuff now, and shove it in the cupboard or the freezer, so you at least know you've got it in :D

littlemissnaughty
30th October 2008, 11:58

La la la I'm not listening to you!

I have got to send dh in the attic later to see what I have already brought and then I can go shopping again for the rest!

I haven't got a clue what to get for the kids. DS is 11 but has all the latest gadgets and dd is 3 and has so many toys if she gets many more we will have to move to a bigger house!

jen
30th October 2008, 12:03
Dan, shopping is the easy bit, it's buying all the food and then cooking it, then when your OH invites friends round for drinks doing all the nibblies, standing loading and emptying dishwasher numerous time, standing scrubbing roasting tins at the sink with your back killing you while everyone is dozing in front of a good film, and being nice to your MIL and smiling at everyone, oh I love Christmas!!
Oh and then the diet after christmas because of the half stone you've gained!!

ange01
30th October 2008, 12:18
or like me, inviting family to come and stay "because you thibk you should"and them accepting!!!:eek::eek: bringing with them a dog that yaps and smells, and an African Grey parrot that may attack my children.....OMFG what have I done.............................:D

VeryTrying
30th October 2008, 12:21
Think positive ..... and look for a recipe for stuffed African Grey Parrot!

dantheman
30th October 2008, 12:23
Oh, and I forgot- most are wrapped as well- with tesco 14p for 2metre xmas paper!!!
The Whsmith clearance with quidco and code was the BEEEEEZZZZ-NEEEEZ!
Photo album fro 13 to 3 delivered!!

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/SearchResultsAcrossCategories.aspx?gq=clearance

Dont 4get the quidco and 20priv code!!

Grace & Favour
30th October 2008, 12:28
or like me, inviting family to come and stay "because you thibk you should"and them accepting!!!:eek::eek: bringing with them a dog that yaps and smells, and an African Grey parrot that may attack my children.....OMFG what have I done.............................:D

and then discovering that a member of your family (they own a dog that smells and an African Grey) is also a member of PTS - and has just read your post . . . . . . .. :D

Ladyshopper
30th October 2008, 12:56
and then discovering that a member of your family (they own a dog that smells and an African Grey) is also a member of PTS - and has just read your post . . . . . . .. :D

PMSL!!!

DebbieE
30th October 2008, 13:46
I'm finished too :p :D

might write my cards later today

Joking (writing the cards bit that is!)

markat
30th October 2008, 13:52
I've done nothing ..... except think about what to eat and drink !

Diamond
30th October 2008, 13:59
Think you have it easy!!! I have 5 children and 2 grandchildren and with all the other family members have about 20 people to buy for. kids do have most things these days which makes it so much harder, and then there is the fact that because we have the biggest house everyone comes to us, xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day, dont get me wrong I wouldnt have it any other way but is is very very hard to make sure everyone is happy, with pressies and food etc, making sure you have enough of everything and trying not to loose it at some time over the holidays (holidays?!!)

Warboz
30th October 2008, 14:29
I've almost finished my xmas presents too, just got a couple more to get. And to make things easier we're all off to my Grans house for xmas dinner and MIL's house on Boxing Day so I don't need to worry about that this year either!

rainbowhope
30th October 2008, 14:56
..I think I will give my tribe a tesco voucher each and tell them to knock themselves out!...haha

xmas sorted.

nixx
30th October 2008, 15:04
We're going out for Christmas lunch (booked and paid for), are only buying for the kids (3 of ours and 2 others, 2 of whom want cash) and 3 grandmas (plant and choccies), and I refuse to get worked up about it and go shopping for a day that is TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!! My only worry is that my Dad and brother might be staying here and that means I'll have to tidy DS14's room for them to stay in........

The Wizard of Oz
30th October 2008, 15:07
Ummmm...all my shopping is done (apart from food) and all is wrapped - in bags ready to be given out (some have already gone :eek:) and the cards are in the bags as well :eek::eek::eek:

angel,dust
30th October 2008, 15:13
most of shopping is done except food (got some bits but will do my main shop closer to christmas) none wrapped yet, was supposed to start last night but well... the wine got opened and was more fun than wrapping pressies :D:D
and i dont do cards :behindsofa:

you must have a very easy family to buy for mine are all fussy beggers:rolleyes:

markat
30th October 2008, 15:32
just remembered I have bought the biscuits for cheese so I'm nearly all done !

beckieboop
3rd November 2008, 20:02
i used to get really stressed with christmas, i have 3 kids and the usual handful of relatives to buy for. we always spend the big day at home and i have to do everything and now i do it so easily because i refuse to stress about it lol.
last year i queued for over an hour to check out at asda lol and i didnt stress! i had just got divorced so had to do it all myself and have my dad wait for me to drive me home, so i rang his mobile told him to go have a coffee and id let him know when i was done lol...usually id have been f'in lol but i was so calm....this year im the same......im amazed at the change in me!!!!!!!!!!
ive done most the family pressies now and some of the kids but thats all ive done, its 2 months yet! im fine lol

linderella
3rd November 2008, 20:17
Crikey you guys are organised, yrs ago i was too.....but now not even thought about xmas net alone bought wrapped and written cards!!! That is maybe a bit too organised though, whatever will you do in December ha ha

I work full time so have no idea when i can shop mmmmmmm and no i cant go at weekends or nights else i'd be put away for leaving kids home alone although maybe there is my answer ha ha well prisoners get a lovely dinner all the trimmings and free calls which they moan about as it is limited!!

clockwatcher
3rd November 2008, 20:25
Well, I started writing my cards on holiday last week, but apart from that, nothing. I can't think about filling the house with Christmas presents when it's still full of boxes from moving. But I'm going to get that dealt with over the next week or two, now I'm feeling more rested and motivated after my Tesco-subsidised holiday.

WELSH-DRAGON
3rd November 2008, 20:29
I wrote my christmas cards in april - they also have the stamps for the local scout post so I've saved on postage too by not buying royal mail stamps

christmas is practically sorted as I buy throughout the year, and Lapland is booked for 21st December as a surprise for the kiddies so looking forward to that too

Welshy x

ploppy
3rd November 2008, 20:45
I've only got a couple of presents left to buy and not even bothering much with food. It is only one day after all. DH gets a turkey free from work (fingers crossed we still get it this year), so all I need is some veg,stuffing, and a pud! I have already got a box of biscuits and chocs and some beer and sherry, so that's about it.
I personally think its all such a waste buying loads of extra food, just because its Christmas. I think the true meaning of Christmas is getting lost somewhere along the line.

pammy
3rd November 2008, 21:19
Am just about to do a list and write next to it what I have got and who I need to get for. I swear every year my list gets bigger!!

so apart from kids and partners how many do you have to buy for?

I have 3 sisters and a bro (2 have partners) and then I have 5 nephews and 4 great nephews
Mum
Best Friends and 2 kids
4 friends/partners and there 6 kids
Old couple next door
Inlaws (hard to buy for!)
so totalling all that up I have 31 extra presents to buy on top of kids :eek:

Its a good job I dont have to buy for aunts and uncles etc!!

DebbieE
3rd November 2008, 21:59
Apart from DD I have got prezzies for

My niece & nephew
Small prezzie for DH from DD
Prezzie for Bro & SIL from DD
My mum
DH's Dad

As of today - am all done :)

Gizmos
3rd November 2008, 22:01
NIL really
OH and I never really do presents as such IYSWIM - we buy for his bro - years ago my famly said we werent doing it anymore due to distances and other factors (twas just like swapping money IYSWIM)

pammy
3rd November 2008, 22:03
thats not fair!
Out of the 31 I have to get I have bought 1 :(
I have nearly bought all of my younger 2 kiddies as they are easy but my 14 year old is hard! I have got him a psp and a couple of games and another couple of board games but I am really stuck.

pammy
3rd November 2008, 22:04
It is like swapping money. My friends family do exactly that, they just buy gift vouchers which is just daft.

Gizmos
3rd November 2008, 22:05
yup thats what it ended up like and with vouchers etc you cant disguise what yu have spent etc so if one part of the family was having a hard time it was a bit naffIYSWIM if we gavethem 100 and they gave 20 "in return"

pumpkin
3rd November 2008, 22:21
there are 39 people on my list, excluding the kids :eek:

that includes kids teachers but I think everyone is else is friends and family. And we don't buy for most of the the adults!

pammy
3rd November 2008, 22:31
WOW, thats a lot.
I think I am going to say for a couple of the friends if they mind that we dont do it, although I may be a bit late for this year unless they have been as bad as me!!
I dont buy for teachers I'm afraid :o is that bad of me?

flookie
3rd November 2008, 22:33
Have got a few to buy for,about 15 not including oh and dd.It was decided a few years ago with oh's famly that his 3 bros and sis were no longer going to buy pressies for us as they now have dd to buy for and now out of the 4 of them there are now 3 kids so we just buy for them which i really like cus kids are much less fussy and critical! And i do tend to go ott with the kids which they think is great and their parents hate cus i apparently 'outdo' them every year cus they dont buy dd anything half as nice.I dont care,theres no love loss between oh's family and us so i quite enjoy causing ructions!!! On the other hand oh's parents are a nightmare to buy for,mainly because they are so bl**dy ungratefull and what ever you buy you know will end up at the back of a cupboard.Was looking at the photo clock on amazon for them,looks just up their street,and cheap enough that i wount be upset if it ends up in the cupboard!

flookie
3rd November 2008, 22:35
I dont buy for teachers I'm afraid :o is that bad of me?

Must admit i do buy for the teacher but not the assistants.And this year i even have pressies for all the kids!! Managed to get a load of the christmas colouring books after christmas in tesco last year that were only 1p each so everyone gets something and i saved a fortune!

pammy
3rd November 2008, 22:39
wow thats dedication!! I really need to get down all the pressies i have bought through the year to remind myself what I have got. BUT i also have to remember where i have put some of them. Some on top of wardrobes, some inside, some in understairs cupboard, some under dressing table.....
I might even wrap them up once I get them out. every year i get the kids ones early but still dont wrap til late!

flookie
3rd November 2008, 22:41
Im pretty much done too,all away in the attic.I couldent risk putting any thing in cupboards as dd woul;d find them.dd's best friend found all his presents under his mums bed a few weeks ago,he was delighted and she was gutted!!!!!

pammy
3rd November 2008, 22:57
Oh no!! Mine are sort of wrapped up in things like argos blue wraps etc and in boxes that they couldnt reach even if they stood on a chair! There is only one black bag in my room they could possibly sneak a peek but when my DD found her birthday present the other week I told her that it wouldnt make a good xmas if she did that again so i dont think she dare!!

hflower74
3rd November 2008, 22:59
Arrrghhh wish i never just wrote a list and counted it!! 36 :eek: not including dd and the 2 teachers she has, never even thought of them, they will be getting toiletories though as have a house full !! I better get started !! :rolleyes:

mhoc
3rd November 2008, 23:05
Sadly we have lost a few along the way and my gang are all older now so its just us 5 and my Dad now (and the cats :) but actually its better now I dont have to spend the 1st week of December doing nothing but wrapping.It is though harder to get things my lot actually need, want and can get used now thye are older.

After my m-i-l died we had to start clearing some of her things and there was the Christmas present we had got her, great deal of thought gone into it, still unused. Heart breaking.

shoppaholic45
3rd November 2008, 23:46
Our list seems to get longer each year too.
I have my oh
My mum
mum's partner
dad
sister
brother
brothers partner
Four nieces
one nephew
My oh's sister
oh's sisters partner
Ohs other sister
oh's mum
Two friends
Two friends daughters one of them is my ohs goddaughter
Friends daugher and son.

So thats an extra twenty one people to buy for

addictedtosaving
4th November 2008, 00:14
I buy small gifts for my sis, bro and parents. I get a nice toy for each of my 2 nephews and then I just have my partner and kids to buy for. OH buys presents for his family.

Ilovepoints
4th November 2008, 00:59
OH (1)
My Grandma (1)
OH's Parents (2)
My Parents plus their partners (4)
DD1 and husband (2)
DD2 partner and granddaughter (3)
DS (1)
Nieces (9)
Nephews (2)
Friend + Son & Daughter (3)
Friend + 2 sons (3)
God Daughter (1)

32 in total, but love christmas shopping!!!

sunflower
4th November 2008, 01:13
I only have 8 to get
DH
DD
DS
Mum
M-I-L
1 niece
1 nephew
Bro + partner get a shared gift

We stopped buying for friends children years ago, as they got older it got harder and cost more money. This was before I found this site and learnt some money saving ideas.

angel,dust
4th November 2008, 10:46
to piggin many!!!! and boy are they fussy!!!:rolleyes:

pammy
4th November 2008, 10:50
Its so hard to buy for people. You dont want to waste your money on carp they dont want!
Last year was easy as i did the xmas baskets but they know about all that now so cant do that again :(

britchic4
4th November 2008, 10:55
32 for me including DS's teacher and TA and DD's nursery (just get them a box of biscuits between all the staff). Our extended family has increased by 3 this year and BIL is getting married again and his fiance has 2 girls. I don't buy for uncles and aunts either, just my cousins' children and the few cousins who are still children.
Pammy don't worry about getting the teachers anything, my parents are both teachers and don't expect anything. Would actually rather people didn't spend lots of money, they know how hard it is financially at Christmas.
I usually make fudge with DS and wrap it up nicely for them.

ploppy
4th November 2008, 11:09
just 2 lots of parents, 2 sisters and BIL's, DH's Grandma, 2 nephews, and my 2 kids who are actually gorwn up (32 & 27), oh and my best friend.
Most of it done now, just need something for FIL as he is difficlut to buy for.:(

blond1e
4th November 2008, 11:48
only 11 for me and thats including my kids and DH!!! All my family live in Africa or Australia so don't buy them gifts as the postage normally costs double what the gift did.

Got most of it already - just a few things left to get.

navara
4th November 2008, 11:59
All our staff and customers have had Tesco wine for the last few years but it looks like a change of plan this year :rolleyes:

princessa
4th November 2008, 12:14
I've got
Husband
2 Daughters
Nephew
Brother
Brother's Partner
Mam
Dad
His Mum
His Step dad
His Dad
His Step mam
His 2 sisters, 2 Step brothers, 1 step sister
5 sets of grandparents
My two cousins - we only buy the younger ones
Friends approx 10
Friends children approx 8
I get the girls to make something for my 6 aunties

Think that's it! All topped of with the twins birthday later this month and their party is costing a fortune. Having kids near Xmas wasn't a good plan, haha.

princessa
4th November 2008, 12:19
I usually make fudge with DS and wrap it up nicely for them.

I love the idea of making fudge, will have to go find a recipie.

britchic4
4th November 2008, 12:27
I love the idea of making fudge, will have to go find a recipie.

I use a microwave one like this, since I'm making it with small children
http://www.recipe-ideas.co.uk/recipes-2/Microwave%20Fudge.htm

princessa
4th November 2008, 12:30
Oh that sounds nice and easy, thanks! What's confectioner's sugar? Is it icing sugar?

britchic4
4th November 2008, 12:31
Oh that sounds nice and easy, thanks! What's confectioner's sugar? Is it icing sugar?

Yes. I think that's what they call it in the US?

rainbowhope
4th November 2008, 12:35
.....37...and I have 31 of it done..:)

colman
4th November 2008, 12:56
for those of you that have big families ....this idea may help...my family used to do this...

Say you have a family of 6 - mum dad brother sister aunt uncle you would put in 30 of which 5 goes into an envelope for each person. When everyone has put in that person then has 30 in their envelope. THe envelopes are then put in a hat and everyone draws one out as to who they have to buy for.

People need to write a list of what sort of present they would like and then it comes from the whole family...You can set your budget as you wish, but it then means the pot is bigger so the person is more likely to end up with something that they would like...I hope i've explained it well...

missfendi
4th November 2008, 15:22
my parents have 20 grandchildren (meaning i have 18 neices and nephews), I also have 7 siblings!!

therefore, we only buy for our own family (but our parents get presents/money) from there children (8 of us)

otherwise years ago people were running up debts and getting into such a state with regards making sure everyone got a present so we all meet and just spend time together each Christmas day!!

del01
4th November 2008, 20:53
This thread has really made me sit and think of all I need to buy for...so here goes..

2 step daughters and their husbands
3 grandchildren (resulting from stepdaughters)
2 daughters
1 sister and husband
1 neice and husband ( only 5 years younger than me more like a sister)
1 great nephew (offspring of above)
1 husband ( nearly forgot him)
1 father & girlfriend ( she's 86!!! oh and my dad is a 81 year old toyboy!)
2 nephews ( hubby side)
1 niece ( hubby side)
1 father & mother in law
3 friends
and not forgetting my neighbours - 8 prezzies ( 4 main and 4 tree - we all make sure that everyone has 1 main and 1 tree off each other..we're very close neighbours !)

Oh dear....I think I'd better go and lie in a very dark room.........:eek:

beckieboop
4th November 2008, 21:53
i dont buy for many!
my dad
my best friend and her son
my oh
my ex hubbys mum, neice,neices son and gran
then my 3 kids
ive done all the family ones already and have even bought choccies for ex hubbies new family lol
just the kids to finish now!

johncoote69
9th November 2008, 18:06
I'm another organised fella - bought a mac book at the airport in June as the star present - 2 mobile phones - both on offer and now going for 20 more than i paid for them, cards - DONE (4) - don't do all that tosh. No secret santa (zzzzzzzzz). " pairs of timberland boots (20% original shoe in Brum - bargain) and just ordered some nice leather boots with 30 off and 8% cashback via topcashback.co.uk from Faith.
Wrapping is done - paper that my sis bought last year in some factory clearance - for literally pennies, booze is bought and stockpiled, and we're eating out on Xmas day (hurrah!) so no stress.
JUst need to shift a few items i'm selling on ebay and it'll all be paid for with no debt (thank God).
The prob with you ladies (here;s the upset..) you all buy for "friends" you all buy for "friends kids" - family fo family etc - it's all just not worth it - you'll nevevr ever have a better excuse than credit crucnch this year - and if you stop it - you'll wonder why you ever botheed starting!
Backlash always comes after a post from e (usually get closed down) - so go ahead....

SuzyWoo
9th November 2008, 18:20
I'm another organised fella - bought a mac book at the airport in June as the star present - 2 mobile phones - both on offer and now going for 20 more than i paid for them, cards - DONE (4) - don't do all that tosh. No secret santa (zzzzzzzzz). " pairs of timberland boots (20% original shoe in Brum - bargain) and just ordered some nice leather boots with 30 off and 8% cashback via topcashback.co.uk from Faith.
Wrapping is done - paper that my sis bought last year in some factory clearance - for literally pennies, booze is bought and stockpiled, and we're eating out on Xmas day (hurrah!) so no stress.
JUst need to shift a few items i'm selling on ebay and it'll all be paid for with no debt (thank God).
The prob with you ladies (here;s the upset..) you all buy for "friends" you all buy for "friends kids" - family fo family etc - it's all just not worth it - you'll nevevr ever have a better excuse than credit crucnch this year - and if you stop it - you'll wonder why you ever botheed starting!
Backlash always comes after a post from e (usually get closed down) - so go ahead....:D The difference is we all have friends Mr Coote! ;)

Floosy
9th November 2008, 18:35
:D The difference is we all have friends Mr Coote! ;)

Thankyou so much for really making me laugh out loud! One has given you a good seeing to by rep recently but if I could give you another I would...:D

Ladyshopper
9th November 2008, 18:49
:D The difference is we all have friends Mr Coote! ;)

PMSL Suzywoo!!! :D

johncoote69
9th November 2008, 18:52
Suzi - please take your feet from the saucer of milk.... i have plenty of freinds - a good split male/female - us fellas don't get sucked into petty present buying - you either go the whole hog for somebody with a good gift, or don't.
All this "how many do you HAVE to buy for talk...?" Nobody HAS to buy for ANYBODY if they don't want too.
Too many pressured folk - getting into debt for a pile of tut they probably wouldn't want themselves is the comment from the folk here at the min - card money goes to The Injured Jockey Fund (though they sell some gorgeous cards themselves if you have a need), but sooner or later you'll see the light!

Gizmos
9th November 2008, 18:57
I dont buy presents apart from OH, dont do cards am sure that there is a thread about "how many do you have to buy for" already that will probably surprise you

Floosy - I'll give SW one if you want?

SuzyWoo
9th November 2008, 19:07
So many people are giving me one, better not tell DH!

VeryTrying
9th November 2008, 19:24
Although this is not my normal reaction, I do have some sympathy for JohnCoote's points.

Getting people presents as a duty has never appealed to me, I'm now old enough to buy what I want, for whom I want, when I want. My friends are likely to be surprised at odd times of the year or on their birthdays when I give them something and say "I saw this and thought of you" :) My now-grown-up children are given good, carefully chosen birthday presents ..... and a small gift (HMV DVDs for example) and a Hawkins Bazzar joke present for Christmas. The grandchildren are of course spoilt - but not necessarily by today's standards where conspicuous over-consumption seems to be the target to aim for ....... seemingly mostly by those who can least afford it.

Cards I don't send - unless the recipient is out of the UK or over 90 years old :D I just can't imagine why anybody would want to send a card to somebody they lived with - OH, daughter, etc :der: Everybody else gets a phone call or a letter from me (none of those tacky group newletters though) during December, checking on how they are and would we be able to meet some time over the holiday? The money saved goes to charity.

Presents to me are frequently cheques - which I enjoy "spending" by splitting my money between a few of my favourities charities too.

Must get off me soap box now .... and back to writing my shopping list for Tesco tomorrow ...... seem to have finished the Christmas shop (as described on another thread) using piles of MOCs and about 12 :D What I've saved will make another nice little addition to the New Year charity pot.

SimonJB
9th November 2008, 19:34
I htink JC makes a valid point. We stopped buying for brothers and sisters last year (just buy for the kids) and do wonder why we hadnt stopped years ago. They don't miss the bits we bought them nor do we miss their presents-maybe my family's just carp at choosing gifts though!

Gizmos
9th November 2008, 19:48
merged the two threads as they were identical really - you may need to read back to see the new posts

Floosy
9th November 2008, 19:50
I dont buy presents apart from OH, dont do cards am sure that there is a thread about "how many do you have to buy for" already that will probably surprise you

Floosy - I'll give SW one if you want?

Please do I have had a ****ty week and that really made me laugh:D

Gizmos
9th November 2008, 19:52
Please do I have had a ****ty week and that really made me laugh:D

thought you had been quiet hun :hug: so Giz and SW do a Madonna and Britney impression :behindsofa::o

SuzyWoo
9th November 2008, 20:27
Best offer I've had tonight! :lol:

*debbie*
9th November 2008, 20:50
Mmm, how many do I have...
DH
DD - 9yrs going on 13!
DS - 11yrs, a poppet
Mum
Dad
MIL
MIL's partner (spit...can't stand the bloke)
Brother
Brother's partner
Niece - 5yrs,
SIL
SIL's hubby
best friend
best friend's family

various teachers (4 of them)- both kids form teachers, both kids music teachers.

Little presents for kids friends. WAS going to get selection boxes, but not going to spend 2 on principle!

So not too bad, 14 big presents, a bunch of little ones. For the teachers I often get really nice christmas tree decorations. Being a playgroup worker, I got some given to me a few years ago and I love them. It is so nice to get them out each year and remember the kids who chose them.

Anyway, i love shopping, any excuse really!

Floosy
9th November 2008, 21:03
DD1
DD2
DS
OH
MUM
DAD
SIS
BIL
NEPHEW
NEICE
OLDEST FRIEND from school

charlotsofun
9th November 2008, 22:32
well i buy for
dd
ds
parents & partners
1 nephew
and my dad and partners 2 kids as they are still small.
i just find it so hard buying for dd as she is 12 and when you ask what she would lik she just says i dont know.

shoppaholic45
9th November 2008, 22:53
I have done all my christmas shopping, started in jan, then again in september and finished yesterday. Have started to wrap the presents up. My oh won't be starting his until december but he only has to buy for me now, as we have got all of his familys presents. Oh just rememberd we have to get presents for our dog and rabbit.

sweepy
10th November 2008, 07:36
I am not too bad really
oh
ds1
ds2
mum
step dad
dad
step mum
mil
sil
bil
sis
nephew
neice
mate
secret santa work lol

I know what i am getting most ppl eldest got a driving experience courtsey mr t and youngest note book paid with my vouchers so i am happy with that.
sweepyxx

emmie29
10th November 2008, 10:12
I havnt got many to buy for but havnt got a clue what to get. Must make a list and get going as so far ive made a christmas cake for mil and thats it lol

sweepy
12th November 2008, 08:55
I know what to get everyone emmie just waiting to get paid lol.
sweepyxx

sweepy
13th June 2009, 21:53
Right i thought i would post on this as i always shop early for xmas and this year is no exception.
I have already got sis and bro in law gavin and stacey series 1-2
and a gucci and armani set that i got in boots sale so thats them done.
Nath my youngest got his fav aftershave 1/2 price in harrods in jan lol.
Kids at christies got for girls but needs a few lads pressies will be bootsin i think this week.
Come on it cant just be me thats organised lol.
sweepyx

closemead
13th June 2009, 22:05
I'm pretty organised too and have put lots away for the kids already and most of my female relatives are sorted thanks to Boots sale. Friends think I'm mad but I love it when they are the ones skint and fighting the crowds in December!

sweepy
13th June 2009, 22:06
Omg me too close i was thinking of making my xmas cards last week lol.
sweepyxx

suziq
13th June 2009, 22:11
lots of bits for h&b baskets
picked up my xmas plates from boots today lol

Zaul
13th June 2009, 23:22
Ive got a game for DDs nintendo ds on its way and a game for her PS2 and have been picking up wee bargains to put away for her 'stocking'-mainly spotted on here(thanks guys) or through HotUKDeals.
Have absolutely no idea what shes getting/wanting for xmas this year so will look for things for others early and she what shes after later in the year I think

Emmamed
14th June 2009, 02:32
i brought DD2 a digitial camera today (for xmas) and she wanted to help daddy unload my car, well she spotted it and been taking pictures ever since, its even gone to bed with her.

elainemn
14th June 2009, 06:47
Buy DD, OH, Mam, 2 cousins, niece, nephew, BIL, DS on my side. MIL, SIL, FIL, Gran, 4 friends & 2 teachers.

I start every year in Jan sales. Have loads pressies in already. Buy pj's, socks, pants & vests etc in Next Xmas sale. Also got DD her new Xmas clothes. Have a huge pressie box in loft for her from Boots sale & Mr T. Also put a scooter away from Halfords for her last year. Buy hair bobbles etc when in sale. Amazing how this stretches your money. Usually by Ocober, just need what she actually asks for & her sweets. Have managed to prompt her so far to 'what she wants' but this will probably be the last year I can do this.

I also have a little organiser plan by week so that normal cards are written in October, cake made 1st week in Oct (OH usually objects as this is when I start the Xmas CD's), presents wrapped in November (do not want to start too early!!), then December has all time free to make DD's cards, callenders etc as can not do these too early as she is only 5 & would be hyper too long. I can not do shops in December. Hate the crowds & commerciallity of it all.
I also start food shopping in September & get a bottle a week when shopping (bought pudding in sale last year 75% off & well in date for next year & cranberrt in MrT when selling it off). I have a list I use every year re what we need, then it is just veg & fresh bits we need so is just like a normal week. Bought a bottle of Tia Maria this week for MIL as on special in Mr T ( & MOC's).

I also bought 9 of the Ted Baker sets this week in Boots (2 different types - not sure why I got 9 but they will be good for raffle prized for the school). They will do for filler pressies for cousin, friends, OH, FIL. Always take advantage of things like this.

Anyway ranted on enough but love Xmas.

sweepy
14th June 2009, 12:38
i brought DD2 a digitial camera today (for xmas) and she wanted to help daddy unload my car, well she spotted it and been taking pictures ever since, its even gone to bed with her.

Awww thats sooo sweet lol.
sweepyxx

sweepy
14th June 2009, 12:40
Yep elaine i think i will be buying some ted baker sets this week i get paid on tuesday so will have to be then.
sweepyxx

99redballs
14th June 2009, 16:31
i've had this years kids presents for 2 years now :O . dd is getting a keyboard (12.50 in boots 75% sale) and ds has a vtech laptop 12.50 in tesco sale.also picked up last week a stylin studio dd wanted last year reduced from 60 odd quid to 8 and a big transformer for dd 30 down to 12.
another cheap xmas.

rhubex
14th June 2009, 21:58
hiya

I have a few things in but no way near as organised as this time last year, am hoping that there are some sales coming up.

Hope to have christmas in a hotel this year, if i can save enough money!!

only 6 pays to go..............

Second Born
14th June 2009, 22:38
I'm another that started shopping for Christmas in the January sales. I've got several Christmas puddings, jars of cranberry sauce and jars of silverskin pickled onions.

I have enough cards and Christmas wrap for the next three Christmases. Got a bit carried away after I'd bought what I needed and then what was left just got cheaper and cheaper.

I've been buying bits for my Christmas shoeboxes since January too and started on pressies for my own kids last week.

suziq
14th June 2009, 23:04
crackers and wrap got in boots with points in the 75% off sale in jan, oh billed me a fiver to put in the roofand another fiver to get em out again lol

elainemn
15th June 2009, 07:39
Oh forgot about cards & wrap. I also have enough for years but still buy more when cheap (think I have a problem). When I see the big rolls for 20p can not help myself. Just throw it in the trolley. I must have enough to wrap the streets presents up. I also look for Xmas wrap that can double up as birthday wrap. Plain gold / red & some of the Disney ones are okay for childrens parties. Have loads of that as well.

britchic4
15th June 2009, 09:04
I might like to pick up some tips from you guys but I'd have to keep it the biggest darkest secret from DH, LOL!

yorkielass
15th June 2009, 13:15
obviously I'm way behind......but having 2 daughters with birthdays in Oct/Dec is a real incentive!

buy for hubby, 3 teenagers...2 girls, 1 boy, 1 sis and nephew, 1 bro-in law and his other half. One dad (his) and one mum (mine).

Got enough wrapping paper and cards for 3 years! Youngest cooks so she will do cake and puds this year!

Main problem is all the family are miles away so we've always done Christmas at home - get vaguely envious of mates who still decamp to their parents and save a fortune on the cost of it all!

britchic4
15th June 2009, 13:33
Main problem is all the family are miles away so we've always done Christmas at home - get vaguely envious of mates who still decamp to their parents and save a fortune on the cost of it all!

Believe it or not I have been married 13 years and we have never spent Christmas at home, although once we had it in a hotel (never again, didn't feel like Xmas to me). If we are going to my parents though we buy the M&S turkey and a couple of other major meals which spreads the cost a bit, and take wine and champagne.

yorkielass
15th June 2009, 16:36
have a mate who's never done Christmas at home in 25 years!

It's second nature now - I will cook all the usual whether we have visitors or not. Whether bro-in-law visits depends on footy fixtures......though he did come one year and leave at 7am on Boxing Day to get back for lunchtime footy! Not popular!

mhoc
15th June 2009, 17:17
hiya

I have a few things in but no way near as organised as this time last year, am hoping that there are some sales coming up.

Hope to have christmas in a hotel this year, if i can save enough money!!

only 6 pays to go..............

If you are going to do a hotel Christmas this is the one at the Grange hotel York. It is a gob smacking price so you will need to live on beans and value bread for the next six months to pay for it :D On their home page you click on the special events button on the left hand side and their Christmas packages are at the bottom

http://www.grangehotel.co.uk/special-events/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/christmas-new-year-2009-brochure-pdf2.pdf

charlie123
15th June 2009, 17:33

Believe it or not I have been married 13 years and we have never spent Christmas at home, although once we had it in a hotel (never again, didn't feel like Xmas to me). If we are going to my parents though we buy the M&S turkey and a couple of other major meals which spreads the cost a bit, and take wine and champagne.

Been with my hubby the same amount of time but only married for 2 years.

Have never cooked a xmas dinner, always de- camp to DM or MIL. Don't intend to cook one for as long as possible. I am a veggie so have the perfect excuse, if they want me to cook expect a nut roast. That soon shuts everyone up. I ain't shoving my hand up no turkey.. not for no one:D

Just spend the xmas afternoon washing up as payment for my free dinner:)

No one cooks a roast dinner better than your mum:D

Grace & Favour
15th June 2009, 18:15
We've the very best system of all . . . . .

We don't buy pressies! - Family is now grown up - and instead of buying all the pressies - - we just make sure we all meet up at Christmas - and have a wonderful couple of days together - and do a show in Londinium too!

elainemn
15th June 2009, 20:05
I would rather cook a Christmas dinner for 10 than eat my mothers. she's probably got the sprouts & cauli on already!!!!!!!!

polo-rolo
15th June 2009, 21:58
I buy for 3 daughters 22, 16, 14, son 19, future son in law 25.

Parents and niece and nephew.

Friend at work who i share an office with, she is easy as she loves red wine.

I have the wine altready from Mr T's.

Bought various dvd's and pc wii games. Got various T-shirts for the kids as well.

Got cards and paper bought in new year sale from Mr A's.

princessa
15th June 2009, 23:13
I haven't even thought about it! Was surprised to see this thread! We tend to wait til Nov/Dec and find out what people want. I wouldn't be able to buy now as they'd ask for something else or become a fan of another show or hobby by the time Xmas came. I wait and see what the big toys are at Xmas or what new things come out for my girls, wouldn't know what to buy them now. Last Xmas they were into Dora, and this year they're going off her, so I've no idea what they'll be liking come Dec. Their birthday is in November too!

minnehoma
15th June 2009, 23:46
I too have started christmas shopping and just on Saturday I got DD a pink guitar, which she has been asking for, from Home & bargain for 14.99.

the cheapest I have seen one for is either 20 or 25 from Argos. They also had the brown/beige ordinary colour ones which were a little bigger which i think were an extra 5.

yorkielass
16th June 2009, 07:46
Usually ask kids what they want - can't buy for eldest until after her birthday - youngest just submits a combined wish list - but her b-day is only 2 weeks before Christmas!

Middle one wants money these days which is kinda sad.......but easier....altho' no chance of a bargain.....

Have started to put away stocking fillers......

Emmamed
16th June 2009, 11:43
Usually ask kids what they want - can't buy for eldest until after her birthday - youngest just submits a combined wish list - but her b-day is only 2 weeks before Christmas!

Middle one wants money these days which is kinda sad.......but easier....altho' no chance of a bargain.....

Have started to put away stocking fillers......

i know this feeling DS2 birthday 2 weeks after and DD2 is 4 weeks, its trouble kowing what to get them for xmas let alone having to buy presents so close to eachother.

Ladyshopper
16th June 2009, 11:47
I've got 2 ipod shuffles hidden away for Christmas that I bought in Waitrose before they stopped taking coupons!

Am trying to find a tesco with the green or red nintendo ds lite consoles in stock, as DS wants one for his birthday, and would be great to get them now with the 5 off coupons from the mail.

Got a few bits I got in the sales as stocking presents.

sweepy
16th June 2009, 11:49
Oh lady dolly did that yesterday i think with moc as well it was down to 58 what a bargain.

I am looking for a cheap tom tom for mother in law lol.
sweepyxx

yorkielass
16th June 2009, 21:26
I think my problem is that i usually ask people what they want instead of just chosing them a gift! Perhaps I should change my ways.....

princesskerry
16th June 2009, 22:04
I've got 2 ipod shuffles hidden away for Christmas that I bought in Waitrose before they stopped taking coupons!

Am trying to find a tesco with the green or red nintendo ds lite consoles in stock, as DS wants one for his birthday, and would be great to get them now with the 5 off coupons from the mail.

Got a few bits I got in the sales as stocking presents.

Sorry to crash this thread, but is Waitrose as a whole not accepting nss mocs anymore. I went into my local yesterday and they took a couple and as it is having a refurbishment I wanted to have a proper look around but dont want to go mad and pay full price.

Ladyshopper
16th June 2009, 23:04
They all seem different PK (like tesco!), and each store has its own rules. There is a small store near me that takes a third off, and there was a bigger one that used to be fantastic and take anything, then went to 2 of each, and is now 10% only.

I do miss my Waitrose trips. :(

yorkielass
17th June 2009, 10:07
just ordered the Sanctuary set - on offer at Boots and with one extra little purchase pushed price over 10 and got free Sanctuary gift.

So that's 2 Chrissie pressies for a tenner! (And points too!)

sweepy
17th June 2009, 10:30
All adds up doesnt it yorkie.
Every month i am buying my youngest something then a big pressie nearer time.
sweepyxx

colman
17th June 2009, 13:53
I think my problem is that i usually ask people what they want instead of just chosing them a gift! Perhaps I should change my ways.....

yeah and then people change their minds 100 times before xmas anyway!!

Emmamed
17th June 2009, 14:14
my mum and nan always ask what we want, i never know what to say, so i normally end up with money

yorkielass
17th June 2009, 22:05
my mum and father-in-law giveus money - so I do their Christmas shopping for my family!

Talk about making work for myself!

microjan
18th June 2009, 01:27
I am a cheapscate, I buy for others from a carboot.

It means i can buy them pressents i would,t normally be able to afford, eg i got a friends daughter a 'baby G' watch, brand new in box for 5 normally 65 I also think there is so much junk, crarp given and received at xmas that this can be bought at carboots, its re-cycling and green :D

microjan
18th June 2009, 01:31
I also have a game with my teenagers, we all have 10 and buy at a carboot for each other, we have had hilerious xmas mornings for next to nothing, its great for joke pressies.

We still buy each other decent pressies aswell i may add , lol, but at least we have the money to do it then

rach109
24th June 2009, 10:26
:laugh: Jan that's a fab idea

<walks away very quickly ,can't believe I am on an xmas thread in June >

clarer0110
24th June 2009, 10:57
Well, we'd better get shopping everyone...only 6 more months to go....:D:D

Darkangel709
24th June 2009, 17:06
Have started mine already got a few bargains....got a vtec baby thing for 15 should have been 35 and a ride on train set with track and pop up station master thing for 40 reduced from 92 from littlewoods just waiting for it to arrive....lol so thats 2 big things for james xmas even though b.days first saving all for xmas

rach109
25th June 2009, 01:17
Disney Store sale starts tomo..... I mean today !

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/428680/disney-store-summer-sale-50-70-off-/

may be good to pick up some xmas gifties :)

HTH someone

yorkielass
25th June 2009, 11:21
Well, we'd better get shopping everyone...only 6 more months to go....:D:D

Don't!

You'll be telling me that the night's are drawing in next.......

vickn
28th June 2009, 22:41
:laugh: Jan that's a fab idea

<walks away very quickly ,can't believe I am on an xmas thread in June >

that thought ran through my mind too lol!

yorkielass
2nd July 2009, 10:08
sale catalogue from La Redoute dropped through the door a few days ago. DD2 picked it up and started flicking last night.

she found a really pretty duvet cover.

when she'd gone to bed I picked it up and saw that i was entitled to 15 off if I spent 20!

Ordered duvet - to go away for christmas.

when I reached the checkout i discovered that not only did I get 15 off but I get a double duvet set as a free gift!

So that's 2 presents for just over a tenner!

polo-rolo
2nd July 2009, 21:36
Poped into Matalan yesterday and bought some T Shirts that were reduced for son and future son-in-law.

Went to home bargains on Saturday bough a colour in pig china money box for 2.99 so that will do for niece

So thats a few more bits sorted

claire___
3rd July 2009, 23:15
Can I join in? Im another person who likes to be organised for xmas, already got presents bought in and wrapped up my loft out the way lol. Will need to have a look at my list next week and see who I still have to buy for.
x

suziq
3rd July 2009, 23:18
got a free art set when buying stationery at whsmith, thanx to a giveaway from zaul [i think] and envelopes etc were for work so will go on expenses :)

britchic4
3rd July 2009, 23:20
Got a few things in the 75% off sale at The Toy Store.com and some stocking fillers in the Disney Sale (thanks Rach!) so I can now officially join this thread. In July. Might have to sit down with a stiff drink.

sweepy
3rd July 2009, 23:23
I got my first kit for xmas cards i cant believe i am looking forward to doing it. Nothing worse than wanting to make cards in dec and i havent got the time lol.
I need to buy something for step dad from qvc garden watering ornaments my sis sick of him asking her when they go away to water the plants lol.
sweepyxx

charlie
3rd July 2009, 23:26
well I have a few bottles of nice wine and champagne for pressies.....thanks to Mr T :D

andylaine
4th July 2009, 00:08
Ive got some wine/tea/coffee/nuts to start off my Christmas hampers for mil, mum and dad and sons and their families and have got lots of things put away from the Boots 75% sale in January. will be glad when Christmas comes to get some space back lol, but not complaining really as Ive saved so much but will still be able to give everyone good presents.

pammy
4th July 2009, 00:16
Bought another couple of pressies today from tesco, some toys reduced and used mocs :D. Got some gift vouchers from asda when they had there sale for hair cuts and photo sittings reduced to 5 so thats most of sisters sorted! Need to do a list so I know what I have got and who for!

Polo
4th July 2009, 00:39
I've started mine too :behindsofa: only in a small way, saw a couple of bits online today so ordered to put away lol

sweepy
4th July 2009, 00:46
Well done polo its a start isnt it
sweepyxx

Polo
4th July 2009, 00:47
Well done polo its a start isnt it
sweepyxx

yep, I'll get there, just need some racking now to store everything on in the cupboard!

Dominic
4th July 2009, 09:32
Ugh Christmas. If I was a mod I'd delete this thread..... talk of Christmas shouldn't be allowed until December :mad:

Triker
4th July 2009, 11:51
Ugh Christmas. If I was a mod I'd delete this thread..... talk of Christmas shouldn't be allowed until December :mad:

:christmas::smiley::xmas-smiley-045::icon_cool:

What's up with yer, christmas is great, just think you can get organised now and then you can really enjoy yourself because you won't be stressed and knackered when the time comes. :icon_eek:

Endymion
5th July 2009, 11:38
Went to stay with my sister last week and don't think I'll be back before Christmas. Wrapped and took with me her Christmas and Birthday presents (December birthday). Must say, it felt a bit odd wrapping Christmas presents on a scorching sunny day!!

I was going to hide them when I left, but she spotted them as I packed up and couldn't believe it when I told her what they were. She thinks I'm mad:D

I also buy lots of cheapies during the year for the Romanian shoe boxes. I just got 5 packs of 40 felt tips for 25p each.

Dominic
5th July 2009, 16:23
:christmas::smiley::xmas-smiley-045::icon_cool:

What's up with yer, christmas is great, just think you can get organised now and then you can really enjoy yourself because you won't be stressed and knackered when the time comes. :icon_eek:

Yeah I had all of 2 days off last year, Bah humbug! :rolleyes:

pookienoodle
5th July 2009, 16:29
Yeah I had all of 2 days off last year, Bah humbug! :rolleyes:

all the more reason to get most things out of the way now,then you have more time to spend on the things that are really important.

yorkielass
5th July 2009, 16:46

getting some stuff organised early is a good idea - this year dd2 will celebrate her 16th birthday in December whilst doing her mock GCSE's!

princesskerry
5th July 2009, 22:10
I love this thread, not because I am already excited about christmas but because having two young children you need to plan early as (like most mums will tell you) kids hate shopping and so if I can avoid christmas shopping in late November and December it makes for a much easier life for me and it means I can stagger trips rather then having to inflict torture on them week in and week out.

suziq
5th July 2009, 22:39
i love having a resrve pressies box, used one today for mil to be's burpday!

princesskerry
5th July 2009, 23:19
Wow you celebrate burpdays too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find it's enough just with christmas and birthdays. :laugh:

Zaul
6th July 2009, 00:07
got a free art set when buying stationery at whsmith, thanx to a giveaway from zaul [i think] and envelopes etc were for work so will go on expenses :)

Yep twas me:D
Seriously chuffed it was put to good use by someone as I wouldnt have used it myself.Nice pressie for someone:D

britchic4
6th July 2009, 09:12
Ooh you've reminded me I've also got a couple of art sets when they were 75% off in WH Smith, and a gorgeous make up set for my niece in the Boots sale. Hope she is allowed to wear make up sometimes - she'll be 13 just after Christmas. Actually I'm much more organised than I thought I was, having bought lots of Xmas cards in the sale too.

Polo
6th July 2009, 23:28
I might be kinda organised but I know i'll still forget someone and be panicing christmas eve!

elainemn
7th July 2009, 07:10
I have a present book. Just after Christmas (usually Boxing Day or before if I am super organised) I write all names out on new pages that I buy for (families on same page). I then go through what bits I have left & write them down next to peoples names. As I buy things I write them down. If I use them for bithdays / emergency presents I highlight it off. I also have a page for spare/emergency gifts. This also shows what you got the person the previous years both to prevent duplication & also for ideas for next years. My book goes back 6 years. My DD is 5 now so will not be writing hers down this year so will be big surprise when I open her box from attic.

I do Xmas dinner for around 10 people. In the back of the is my 'list' for the fresh things I need to buy with quantity so just need to copy it & also the things that I start buying in August such as Xmas cake ingredients, booze, nice biscuits. By buying something each week from the list & hiding it from OH, by December the cost is spread out & you do not spend your days fighting in the isles at the last minute & queueing for ages.

britchic4
7th July 2009, 09:05
I have a present book. Just after Christmas (usually Boxing Day or before if I am super organised) I write all names out on new pages that I buy for (families on same page). I then go through what bits I have left & write them down next to peoples names. As I buy things I write them down. If I use them for bithdays / emergency presents I highlight it off. I also have a page for spare/emergency gifts. This also shows what you got the person the previous years both to prevent duplication & also for ideas for next years. My book goes back 6 years. My DD is 5 now so will not be writing hers down this year so will be big surprise when I open her box from attic.

I do Xmas dinner for around 10 people. In the back of the is my 'list' for the fresh things I need to buy with quantity so just need to copy it & also the things that I start buying in August such as Xmas cake ingredients, booze, nice biscuits. By buying something each week from the list & hiding it from OH, by December the cost is spread out & you do not spend your days fighting in the isles at the last minute & queueing for ages.
d
Now that is what I call organised. I can only dream!

microjan
7th July 2009, 13:02
shall I gloat now, got all other peps pressies, am cutting back this year and not buying my teenagers any carp this year.

Just got to get DH,DD,DS main pressies. DH 50inch flat screen tv, DS laptop, don,t know what to get DD????????????????????? chastity belt ??? lol

britchic4
7th July 2009, 13:22
shall I gloat now, got all other peps pressies, am cutting back this year and not buying my teenagers any carp this year.

Just got to get DH,DD,DS main pressies. DH 50inch flat screen tv, DS laptop, don,t know what to get DD????????????????????? chastity belt ??? lol

Here you go....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1082707/Outrage-chastity-belt-lingerie-fitted-GPS-tracking-system.html

zoebusher
7th July 2009, 15:23
With loads of perfume insore with extra 400/500 pts it may be time to get a few prezzies.

Grace & Favour
7th July 2009, 17:39
Christmas is a wonderful time for us all - -

Five years ago we all decided not to buy any presents for each other, at all.

We all gather together (kids are grown up), and have a few days really wonderful family time, go see a show, eat good food and enjoy each others company.

No pressies - no hassle - no nasty credit card bills - just great Christmases!

nixx
7th July 2009, 18:10
Christmas is a wonderful time for us all - -

Five years ago we all decided not to buy any presents for each other, at all.

We all gather together (kids are grown up), and have a few days really wonderful family time, go see a show, eat good food and enjoy each others company.

No pressies - no hassle - no nasty credit card bills - just great Christmases!

Now that sounds FABULOUS. That's what Christmas should be like.

sweepy
8th July 2009, 15:22
That sounds lovely g&f .
Just been busy making xmas cards have only done 6 lol loads more to go.
sweepyxx

princesskerry
8th July 2009, 18:45

There are some really good ideas there, I have a scrap piece of paper I write what I have down on and for who but I always lose this after xmas but I think I really should get a book like you say.
Likewise I think I will start buying food and drink from Sept and putting it in the loft so OH wont drink it, no worries about him eating things but I know drink wouldn't last.:D

yorkielass
11th July 2009, 12:30
There are some really good ideas there, I have a scrap piece of paper I write what I have down on and for who but I always lose this after xmas but I think I really should get a book like you say.
Likewise I think I will start buying food and drink from Sept and putting it in the loft so OH wont drink it, no worries about him eating things but I know drink wouldn't last.:D

I'd have to hide the biscuits really well - teenage son and food do not last long together in the same house!

I still have trouble hiding the presents - and this year I'm much more sorted than I usually am! Which means more presents to hide for longer!:help:

suziq
11th July 2009, 12:38
hmmmmmmm tricky one.
at m8s houses?
i've had to dig out the scalextric from the bottom of my wardrobe to make space. OH is banned from going in there cos me wedding dress is hanging up lol

KittyKat
11th July 2009, 15:39
Anyone with a lil one might be interested in the huts sale upsey daisy dvd down to 3.84 great stocking filler or birthdya in my case!

Deedee
24th July 2009, 06:18
21 weeks to go, will start buying at the end of the Summer hols (hope to pick up a lot of bargains in the sales)

rach109
24th July 2009, 08:56
argh Dee ! don't panic me :laugh:

claire___
24th July 2009, 09:56
lol, I have taken a back seat with my Xmas shopping in the last month, will probably get back into it when I come back from holiday in September. I want to have it all done and wrapped by the begining of November, just in time to enjoy guy fawkes night :D

yorkielass
25th July 2009, 11:18
found 2 pink hand towels yesterday - each wit a snowman on - that's one for each daughter.....

Zaul
25th July 2009, 12:39
Well I've picked up a couple cheap Nintendo DS games to put away.

Also a few years ago I got one of these advent calandars with 24 little parcels to fill.DD loves it but its a real faff to find things to fit the pockets.It would be so easy to buy all sweets (Roses or the like) but I dont like encouraging all the extra sweets.So I have started my countdown to fill it.21 items still to go but plenty time for once :D

mummytotwo
25th July 2009, 12:42
How old is DS. iu have one of those calendars and I fill it with things to do. Say a trip to the park, write a letter to Father Christmas, make a christmas card and so on. I also added a few gifts as well.

Thanks for the reminder. Will keep my eyes out for those gifts too.

Zaul
25th July 2009, 13:24
How old is DS. iu have one of those calendars and I fill it with things to do. Say a trip to the park, write a letter to Father Christmas, make a christmas card and so on. I also added a few gifts as well.

Thanks for the reminder. Will keep my eyes out for those gifts too.

Sadly shes 13 + would consider herself a bit passed some of those but if stuck I could use the idea of a treat/promise day.Ta for that :D

clockwatcher
25th July 2009, 13:58
Still a few days left of Hawkin's sale for stocking-fillers. Don't forget Quidco.

Polo
25th July 2009, 20:52
ooooooooo I do one of those countdown things for my mum..... :rofl: I do try to find small bits, but I did upgrade mine last year to one with a bit bigger pockets....I'm sure she would be happy with just sweets too..... but I try and get different things....

What about the little bath fizzers / bath pearls / individual eye shadows / hairbands / mini fragrance / mini lippys / nail varnishes Zaul?

Just thought of some more bits for my H&B shopping list lol

Zaul
26th July 2009, 00:47
ooooooooo I do one of those countdown things for my mum..... :rofl: I do try to find small bits, but I did upgrade mine last year to one with a bit bigger pockets....I'm sure she would be happy with just sweets too..... but I try and get different things....

What about the little bath fizzers / bath pearls / individual eye shadows / hairbands / mini fragrance / mini lippys / nail varnishes Zaul?

Just thought of some more bits for my H&B shopping list lol

Did most of those last year-freebies are extremely useful for these;) but forgot about the bath pearls.Try not to give her many nail varnishes though as its amazing where she ends up getting the stuff.Thanks.

elainemn
26th July 2009, 09:17
My DD is 5. I bought loads reduced Xmas hair stuff in Jan sales & have been topping up with bits from Superdrug/any other sales. Try only to put sweets in it every few days, but do put Xmas lollies, choc antas, etc in it. Also have the bits ready for the shoe boxes as these work out expensive if you have to get the stuff at the last minute. Best to look for these now as well. Good job we have an extra bed room (junk room) & a big attic.
Elaine

Polo
26th July 2009, 12:21
Did most of those last year-freebies are extremely useful for these;) but forgot about the bath pearls.Try not to give her many nail varnishes though as its amazing where she ends up getting the stuff.Thanks.

I also did a manicure set and make up brushes....depends what I see on offer.... fridge magnets, small soft toys, nailbrush, small packets of seeds to grow in spring, notepads, pencils and rubbers.....

Zaul
26th July 2009, 13:09
I also did a manicure set and make up brushes....depends what I see on offer.... fridge magnets, small soft toys, nailbrush, small packets of seeds to grow in spring, notepads, pencils and rubbers.....

Usually she has some type of disco/event over the advent period so I put something like a nice necklace or ring or something I know shes had her eye on in that mornings pocket.I also try to limit the sweets in it-dont mind every few days or so or a weekend treat.Wish now when I got it I'd picked one with slightly bigger pockets though as some are smaller than others and its a mega pain when I try to fill it.

Eyeliners,combs,rings(fashion not gold),eyeshadows,lippy,whistles,pens,sharpeners,gl uesticks,paintbrush,highlighters,mini purses + badges.Just some of the ideas I've used in the past.

rhubex
27th July 2009, 20:54
hiya

i give the kids a parcel each morning in December (they love it but its getting harder to think of things, prob even worse this year without woolworths) and put it in their stocking which is hanging on their bedroom door, i buy all year round - but don't have much this year so far!!

i also do one for a friends 16 year old.

so i have 70+ gifts to buy and wrap but i love it, really makes me feel christmassy!!

favourite one is christmas eve where its the christmas pyjamas - i love christmas eve, so much more than christmas day as its all the excitement - the thought of whats to come.

we do church etc, have mulled wine and anything else to get us in the mood - out with the reindeer food and then we all read "Twas the night before christmas" and watch snowman.

not long now - i have bought loads this month Tin the park ticket for 17 year old ds, new mobile for 9 year old dd and a load of fillers but missed out on the bike at tescos for 3 year old.

cards and paper bought, as is crackers - hopefully if i budget right we will go to a hotel for new year, which would be fab.

sorry to rabble on!!

rhubex
27th July 2009, 21:32
Still a few days left of Hawkin's sale for stocking-fillers. Don't forget Quidco.

got some fillers

thanks
x

princessa
27th July 2009, 21:35
I'm going to start making crafty stuff for Xmas this year, I think. I have a very large family, who all buy for each other. I think for my 7 couples of Aunts/Uncles I'm going to make some biscuits, sweets, cakes etc and package them nicely in a box. It wouldn't be worth me doing it for a couple of people, but as I've a lot of people to do this for, I'm going to give it a go. Can involve my girls too and they'll love helping with the baking.

I'm going to cross stitch some personalised 'Santa Stop Here' signs for my younger cousins, which I'll have to start now as they will take me ages!

I'm going to try other things too, I found a thread on MSE with crafty ideas on, so I''m sifting through that. I'm not really doing it to be cheaper, in fact, for what I'll be planning I'm sure I can do cheaper (And quicker) in other ways, but it's just to give something different this year.

Polo
27th July 2009, 21:55
hiya

i give the kids a parcel each morning in December (they love it but its getting harder to think of things, prob even worse this year without woolworths) and put it in their stocking which is hanging on their bedroom door, i buy all year round - but don't have much this year so far!!

i also do one for a friends 16 year old.

so i have 70+ gifts to buy and wrap but i love it, really makes me feel christmassy!!

favourite one is christmas eve where its the christmas pyjamas - i love christmas eve, so much more than christmas day as its all the excitement - the thought of whats to come.

we do church etc, have mulled wine and anything else to get us in the mood - out with the reindeer food and then we all read "Twas the night before christmas" and watch snowman.

not long now - i have bought loads this month Tin the park ticket for 17 year old ds, new mobile for 9 year old dd and a load of fillers but missed out on the bike at tescos for 3 year old.

cards and paper bought, as is crackers - hopefully if i budget right we will go to a hotel for new year, which would be fab.

sorry to rabble on!!

Wow loved reading your ramble! Christmas at your place sounds fun :) Similar to ours but ours is on a smaller scale, but some great ideas there, thankyou.

sweepy
27th July 2009, 22:01
Well i have been looking on ebay my mum likes the l@occitane stuff so getting a nice box from tkmaxx and stuffin it full with it.
Lewis has started using clinique for men ffs so will see if any offers on that.
sweepyxx

rhubex
27th July 2009, 23:43
Wow loved reading your ramble! Christmas at your place sounds fun :) Similar to ours but ours is on a smaller scale, but some great ideas there, thankyou.

thanks polo - i really do try and make it special - but its totally stress free! - thats whats most important.

my mum used to get really stressed at christmas - massive clean of house, loads of people over etc - she never enjoyed christmas and it was always a bit tense - not at mine (although i really should do a bit cleaning!!! lol).

ps - everything is on a budget (even better now that i know about this site) that i can afford so no worries about overspending (keep that for the january sales........... lol)

x

beckieboop
28th July 2009, 11:05
hiya all
well ive realised that having a baby due 2 weeks before xmas is gonna be a nitemare! so ive got to start getting xmas sorted now.
ive told the kids, they can have a big present and a few small items cos santa will have to carry an extra sack for the baby and its not fair on him breakin his back!! lol
so ive started yesterday and ordered my DD a new phone...
so xmas shoppin is officially started!

sweepy
29th July 2009, 21:51
Well done bex you are usually wrapped up in sept anyway lol.
Well have decided for mum nice box from tkmaxx and filling it with l'occitaine stuff she likes. I buy different things from ebay usually so just bought my first one lol need to get about another 6-8 then will fill with candles then mum done.
sweepyxx

beckieboop
31st July 2009, 10:53
lol sweeps, last year i rushed around in october! wont be doin that this year...ordered princess a DS game too now so definately on the way to gettin sorted!
got no idea what to buy family members............gonna have to have a looksie x

Floosy
31st July 2009, 10:59
lol sweeps, last year i rushed around in october! wont be doin that this year...ordered princess a DS game too now so definately on the way to gettin sorted!
got no idea what to buy family members............gonna have to have a looksie x

I once did my xmas shopping on christmas eve... NEVER EVER AGAIN lol x

sweepy
31st July 2009, 21:20
Omg kel i dont know how that could be done but blokes do it every year dont they lol.
sweepyxx

Second Born
1st August 2009, 10:39
For those of you doing the pocket Advent calendars filled with small gifts, there was a good selection of kids' stationery items 4 for 1 in my T yesterday.

Pencil sharpeners, novelty rubbers, highlighter pens, tiny post-it notes shaped like flowers, a plastic crayon holder with interchangeable wax crayon points, etc. Quite good for the price!

rhubex
2nd August 2009, 17:23
i have wrapped some presents for the advent calenders.... couldnt stop myself!!! lol and even worse it was on Friday night - is that too sad??? lol

WELSH-DRAGON
2nd August 2009, 18:06
I got the carlsberg 4 5 wys 30 in store x 2 for BILs for christmas and some choccie oranges as stocking fillers - most of my presents I got on 14th jan - boots 75% off so doing really well

baby is due in sept so after then will buy him or her a few things !

welshyx

rach109
8th August 2009, 13:41
just ordered first xmas present lol
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/454349/spongebob-junior-guitar-outfit-23-4/ for my youngest

sweepy
8th August 2009, 14:04
Aww rach that is sooo cute lol.
sweepyxx

rach109
8th August 2009, 14:07
isn't it fab !
E only mentioned the other day, that he wanted a guitar
and when i saw it just had to buy it :D

He will love it,he loves SBSP !

x

rach109
17th August 2009, 15:17
Just bought another xmas pressie
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1884073

britchic4
17th August 2009, 15:31
I've bought so many pressies now, just can't believe it's August and I have done the bulk of my Xmas shopping! Most of it done by spotting bargains on HUKD, or WH Smith sale, perfume, Play.com special offer box sets or Toy Shop sale etc etc. Have never been in this situation before and just hope I don't change my mind about everything before Xmas.
Still looking out for a really good deal on a DS for DS (!) but I have plenty of time :o

claire___
21st August 2009, 09:46
My friend got a pre - owned DS lite in Game last night for 69.99.
They brought it out to us and showed us it etc before she puchased it, if you look closely enough you will see very slight scratches, other than that its in brill condition.
Dont know if this is any good to you britchic?

britchic4
21st August 2009, 09:52
My friend got a pre - owned DS lite in Game last night for 69.99.
They brought it out to us and showed us it etc before she puchased it, if you look closely enough you will see very slight scratches, other than that its in brill condition.
Dont know if this is any good to you britchic?

Thanks Claire, I have a giftcard with something left on it for Game too so that's worth a try. I know there was a really good offer on at Morrisons a while ago though - was it 65? - so I'm wondering if they're going to do something else like that before Xmas.

Zaul
21st August 2009, 10:05
GameStations got a half decent sale on just now too.Had a spare few minutes yesterday before aninterview and popped in for a nosey at the DS games.Picked up a new (not a preowned) copy of Boogle (or is that Boogie-musicky type game) for 2.99 reduced from 9.99. I know its been out for a while but got to be worth that as a stocking filler.They had a fair few around the 5-7 mark too.

I also picked up a Bryan Adams CD album in Poundland for-well a pound actually.I've been watching online and have got a couple more bargain CDs etc for my DD.
If anyone sees any Linkin Park,MCR type stuff going cheap let me know.
Which reminds me our Zavvi is now a Head store (no idea if they have these anywhere else in the country) and they have a LOT of reduced stuff-CDs DVDs and the like-including displays of small and large button type badges and keyrings for half price.Got 4 big Linkin Park ones for 1.49 yesterday-and got a huge hug when I gave them to her :D

yorkielass
7th September 2009, 09:32
our Zavvi is now a Republic - clothes shop

montygingercat
7th September 2009, 10:11
I feel really depressed now - I haven't started my shopping yet. :( Wish I was more organised.

Hope I haven't missed out on all the bargains

britchic4
7th September 2009, 11:19
I feel really depressed now - I haven't started my shopping yet. :( Wish I was more organised.

Hope I haven't missed out on all the bargains

Still plenty of bargains to be had. Keep an eye on Bag a bargain!
Now i have almost everything I need I have to restrain myself, LOL!

colman
11th September 2009, 17:33
have bought a couple more presents this week...the disney suitcase which was on offer at Very was fab...

britchic4
11th September 2009, 17:39
have bought a couple more presents this week...the disney suitcase which was on offer at Very was fab...

I know I bought 4! DD has just gone into reception and I know she will have at least 25 parties to go to this year, more than half of which will be girls. I'm going to split the packs and that's most of the pressies sorted!

rach109
11th September 2009, 20:10
Today I have bought
2 of the Body Shop filled make up bags
and a few wii & DS games from HMV clearance

:)

britchic4
11th September 2009, 20:29
My zoingo boingo (or whatever they were called) was delivered today and it was a great bargain for 6.99. Must keep an eye out to see if it goes to that price again.

markat
11th September 2009, 20:35
Nothing yet - need a kick to get started but not many to get so no panic.
Will no doubt be on here asking for suggestions re OH yet again so experienced PTSers keep an eye out for me !

honeybunch
11th September 2009, 22:00
Ive bought loads of xmas presents so far but still got so many to buy! Got about 25 people to buy for so feels never ending sometimes. :laugh: Today i bought Police aftershave for bil 2.4x down from 9.xx from Boots plus a mini love hearts perfume for my sister for 73p. Also bought Ds 7 toys from boots and my niece a flannel and wash mitt for the total of 16.98! :D

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 19:12
hi guys,
how are you all doing. I have done my list lol hoping to get the Paul Smith Story 100ml for tenner next week for bil and neices fella. My youngest collects the simpsons dvds and series 12 coming out end sept just looking at that.
If any of you have kids into twilight they are on offer at play.com for 4.99 which is a fab price dont forget quidco.
sweepyxx

britchic4
23rd September 2009, 19:17
I only have 2 people to get for now, my mum and MIL. Have everything for the children unless I decide to get a DS Lite for DD....have got one for DS but she will be almost 5 at Xmas and can't make my mind up whether to get one to stop her fighting with DS or just try to make her believe she's too young. Have spent more money on DS but DD won't know....

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 19:44
Lol its amazing now brit how many different games for girls they have. When my 2 got them mainly for boys.
sweepxx

britchic4
23rd September 2009, 20:54
Lol its amazing now brit how many different games for girls they have. When my 2 got them mainly for boys.
sweepxx

I know.....think I will get her one second hand. Bound to get bumped about anyway and she won't know.

princesskerry
23rd September 2009, 21:21
hi guys,
how are you all doing. I have done my list lol hoping to get the Paul Smith Story 100ml for tenner next week for bil and neices fella. My youngest collects the simpsons dvds and series 12 coming out end sept just looking at that.
If any of you have kids into twilight they are on offer at play.com for 4.99 which is a fab price dont forget quidco.
sweepyxx

Ooh Sweepy, could you let me know where the Paul Smith is reduced to a tenner. That would make a great gift for some of the men in my family.

Twinks
23rd September 2009, 21:27
Ooh Sweepy, could you let me know where the Paul Smith is reduced to a tenner. That would make a great gift for some of the men in my family.

PK - I posted it earlier on the Boots thread - taken from HUKD seems it is reduced to 10 in some stores x

Have a quick look on there hun x

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 21:28
Ohh its in boots apparently i think there is a thread on here somewhere a real bargain i love it lol.
sweepyxx

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 21:28
Thanks gillian lol.

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 21:30
I need a bit of advice actually ladies. My sis has a partner who has a 6 year old son i want to buy him something but not sure what.
sweepyx

Twinks
23rd September 2009, 21:32
For anyone who missed this on the boots thread x

Just read on HUKD

Paul Smith Story Eau de Toilette 100ml only 10 @ Boots

Paul Smith Story is a woody, fresh fragrance for men. The key note of Vetiver brings depth and elegance with the same kind of richness thats reminiscent of the mysterious-yet-comforting smell of vintage books.

spotted today as it was going on the shelf its 24 for 30ml and 29.36 for 50ml so 100 for 10 is a bargain i think it was reduced from around 50

hope this helps someone

littlemissnaughty
23rd September 2009, 21:35
I need a bit of advice actually ladies. My sis has a partner who has a 6 year old son i want to buy him something but not sure what.
sweepyx

My nephew is the same age and everything is Ben 10 at the mo with him. Tescos have got the dvd for about 7 I think. I brought one the other week,lol!

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 21:44
Thanks helen i was just talking to dolly she said ben 10 i am sooo out of it with teenage boys .
sweepyxx

princesskerry
23rd September 2009, 21:48
PK - I posted it earlier on the Boots thread - taken from HUKD seems it is reduced to 10 in some stores x

Have a quick look on there hun x

Thanks babe, I should have guessed you are a star. :clap2:

taffyswife
23rd September 2009, 21:52
sweepyx

DS was 6 last wednesday, he loves Ben 10, Transformers, Gormiti(s) and the new thing at the moment is Bakugans.

pammy
23rd September 2009, 22:01
DS was 6 last wednesday, he loves Ben 10, Transformers, Gormiti(s) and the new thing at the moment is Bakugans.

my son is 6 and is into ben 10, transformers, pokemon, digimon, simpsons etc lol
did get him the morph car, table tennis and mech tub from the boots glitch :)

bought a pack of socks for my boss today, 5 in Mr Ts (got for 1p :D)not sure if its a bit of a carp pressie but there you go, just got them cos they have the names - Mr perfect. Mr handsome, mr irresistable, mr cool and mr right on them lol, hes one of these people that thinks he is the best at everything and can never do any wrong!!
got the bargain family trainer wii game and mat for 20
the zoingo bongo posted on here also for the little ones
so far this xmas buying is bargains galore :D I have left it later than usual.

i have mum, 3 sis, 4 work colleagues and a nephew to buy for (and kids dad I suppose!) have told friends this year we are not buying for each other this year. its too much stress!

rach109
23rd September 2009, 22:02
My 6 yr old nephew loves Ben10 ,sponge bob,and those crazy bones things!

rach109
23rd September 2009, 22:03
my son is 6 and is into ben 10, transformers, pokemon, digimon, simpsons etc lol
did get him the morph car, table tennis and mech tub from the boots glitch :)

bought a pack of socks for my boss today, 5 in Mr Ts (got for 1p :D)not sure if its a bit of a carp pressie but there you go, just got them cos they have the names - Mr perfect. Mr handsome, mr irresistable, mr cool and mr right on them lol, hes one of these people that thinks he is the best at everything and can never do any wrong!!got the bargain family trainer wii game and mat for 20
the zoingo bongo posted on here also for the little ones
so far this xmas buying is bargains galore :D I have left it later than usual.

i have mum, 3 sis, 4 work colleagues and a nephew to buy for (and kids dad I suppose!) have told friends this year we are not buying for each other this year. its too much stress!

They sound fab :)

pammy
23rd September 2009, 22:37
thank you Rach :)

pammy
23rd September 2009, 22:39
My 6 yr old nephew loves Ben10 ,sponge bob,and those crazy bones things!

omg we had to buy those crazy bones things today, he loves them and I had never heard of them before. he says he has been swapping them at school (a friend gave him one) so as he was brave on his new bigger bike today I treated him to a pack. they look weird but he loves them!

sweepy
23rd September 2009, 22:40
What the hell are the bones things lol.
sweepyxx

rach109
23rd September 2009, 23:56
here ya go ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Bones

my son swaps them at school too pammy! lol

ploverpalace
24th September 2009, 09:32
Has anyone got any ideas for a big prezzie for my 6 yr old daughter? She has got all the usual bits like a telly and a DS, and as she is so tiny, she hasn't grown out of her bike either! We are looking at 100 ish?

rach109
24th September 2009, 09:50
Has anyone got any ideas for a big prezzie for my 6 yr old daughter? She has got all the usual bits like a telly and a DS, and as she is so tiny, she hasn't grown out of her bike either! We are looking at 100 ish?

something for the garden ?
trampoline etc ?

Do you feel like you have to buy a big / expensive "main" present ?

littlemissnaughty
24th September 2009, 10:05

What about if you plan a nice day out for her and make vouchers, print some info etc and put them in a box or envelope with the date you are planning to do it on.

ploverpalace
24th September 2009, 10:12
got a trampoline, plus a swing set. DH's family like to spoil our girls a bit, and often spend quite a bit and get them a big present too. Trouble is, with having 2 girls too, close in age, after certain things have been handed down, we are out of ideas!

I do like the idea of a big present, probably as thats what myself and DH had when we were growing up!

Quite like the idea of vouchers for trips, but we would have to take both DD's, so they wouldn't be just for DD2 ifyswim?

rach109
24th September 2009, 10:22
my hubby is like you and doesn't think it's "right" if the boys dont have a main pressie!

even though a few smaller items added together costs the same / more!

no idea what our 7 yr old will be getting this yr! he has bike,tv & dvd,DS,wii,trampoline etc etc

13 yr needs a new bike so that's his main present

Hope you think of something!
what about a wooden house for the garden ? i always wanted one of those :(
she could play in it while small then later use it as a "den " for her friends when she is older
to get away from the parents :laugh:

ploverpalace
24th September 2009, 10:38
my hubby is like you and doesn't think it's "right" if the boys dont have a main pressie!

even though a few smaller items added together costs the same / more!

no idea what our 7 yr old will be getting this yr! he has bike,tv & dvd,DS,wii,trampoline etc etc

13 yr needs a new bike so that's his main present

Hope you think of something!
what about a wooden house for the garden ? i always wanted one of those :(
she could play in it while small then later use it as a "den " for her friends when she is older
to get away from the parents :laugh:

Lovely idea, off to have a look now. She's still got the little tikes log cabin, but an 'upgrade' would be brilliant!

britchic4
24th September 2009, 11:25
Or maybe she would be interested in one of the Fur Real animals, the proper robotic ones. The cat is 100 on Amazon, the dog is 150.

sweepy
24th September 2009, 16:24
Just seen these pjs and dressing gowns bargain .
http://www.kids-pyjamas.co.uk/index.php?cName=girls-2-3-years&osCsid=3m2tdfjavp4cb8bkkpt0v6nnh7

hth
sweepyxx

rach109
24th September 2009, 20:08
Or maybe she would be interested in one of the Fur Real animals, the proper robotic ones. The cat is 100 on Amazon, the dog is 150.

:shocked: how much ?!

rach109
24th September 2009, 20:12
Just seen these pjs and dressing gowns bargain .
http://www.kids-pyjamas.co.uk/index.php?cName=girls-2-3-years&osCsid=3m2tdfjavp4cb8bkkpt0v6nnh7

hth
sweepyxx

ooooh ! some fab things on there
anyone ordered from them b4?

x

pammy
24th September 2009, 20:39
how about a digital camera, my 7 yr old got one last year and she loves it, i only got the cheap pink one from tescos tho but does the job
a nice 'grown up' dressing table maybe

pammy
24th September 2009, 20:42
also my kids main pressie is a trampoline (bargain 50 with enclosure of course)
and my eldest i am looking for a netbook or cheap laptop and then he wont get much more after that. I have seen one in asda for 195 with a webcam (only thing puts me off is no disc drive)

britchic4
24th September 2009, 21:13
:shocked: how much ?!

Yes I know.

beckieboop
15th October 2009, 12:09
right today i have finally bit the bullet and ordered some things for DD!
i had a tesco gift card come through from recycling my old phone so thought it was a good way to start getting something for xmas. i got High School Musical cool card thingy and journal lol, i will be the best mum in the world when she sees them lol!
bex x

pammy
24th October 2009, 00:28
I am going to wrap some pressies tomorrow as kids away with dad. I usually leave it all to the last minute but thought it would be good to get some out of the way, now all i need to do is find where i have hidden them all :rolleyes:

I need some ideas guys for my colleagues at work, 2 ladies and my boss who is mid 50s.
I am really struggling with them, i might use the free collage mug for boss but i dont know how to get a pic of him without him getting suspicious!! Any other ideas, preferably from amazon maybe as have some gift cards on there :)

elainemn
24th October 2009, 07:50
I have sorted my gifts into stacker boxes per person in the attic. Just had the 3 for1 thorntons delivered & bought the bogof heros from mrt, delivered with the 10 off 50 code glitch. Think I might wrap some today as well. Might also start to write my cards out (if I can find them). If I start early we can enjoy December.

sweepy
8th November 2009, 21:07
How you all doing guys. I bought a couple of bits when i got paid just looking tonight for other bits. I still dont know what to buy the boys for xmas but sure i will find something. I am soooo chuffed my mil does cross stitch and they are fab. She saw a kit on the sewandso website loads on there and it was 45 . I thought right thats her birthday sorted for december just looked on ebay and its 22 on there so i am soooo pleased with that.

markat
8th November 2009, 21:20
Only buying for OH, FM and sister's kids.
FM - sorted, chocolates from Boots - the others ..... no ideas yet !

taffyswife
8th November 2009, 22:16
Been to Milton Keynes and got all the familys done - just got Taffy left to do :)

jamsandwhich
9th November 2009, 00:03
I have done so well this year - I am usuallly quite good but last year was madly searching on christmas eve which was horrible! - have about three quarters done and know what I am getting everyone else. Bil's cause a few issues - I usually make them a christmas cake and get them a bottle of booze and some socks, so boring but it is what they want!

The only problem I have now is my flipping mother! I told her what I was buying the girls for christmas - my mother has now informed me that she has bought them a Peppa Pig etch-a-sketch which is exactly what I have got them via the recent toy glitch - and she has had a wonderful idea of buying them an easel, only because this is what I was getting them and told her this weeks ago - my OH wets himself laughing but it drives me up the wall! Parents:rolleyes:

fairygirl
14th November 2009, 23:04
Well my family are all 200 odd miles away and i'm not going back for xmas this year so decided to make the most of it. Have told all the adults i'm only getting the kids this year so two nephews and two little sisters then OH and thats my lot this year :) already got OH's main pressie, he wanted an xbox 360 and found a good pre-owned deal tonight so ordered it and haven't gotta worry now. most relaxed i've ever been about crimbo! looking forward to shopping for the fun stocking fillers for OH now.

princesskerry
15th November 2009, 00:07
Today I have wrapped tons of presents and my spare room looks like Santas grotto. :laugh:
I have never been so organised in my life but I really didn't want to have to do any christmas shopping at all in December and I wont need to for sure now.
I also find the wrapping really tiresome, especially as OH is dire at it :eyebrows: I wont let him wrap any of my families but if it's really dragging I let him wrap some of his families. :laugh:
By starting early I have even managed to add little bows, ribbons etc and they look really pretty even if I do say so myself.
For a couple of years before I had the boys I worked for a very popular family run jewellers and all year round we offered free gift wrapping services, this was especially popular at christmas and it had to be hand curled ribbons etc, paper pulled really tight, no loose ribbons. They were very very strict but then the gifts did look immaculate afterwards, but after a day of wrapping a ton of other peoples christmas presents you really cannot face your own. :eek:

rainbowhope
15th November 2009, 01:23
got half my shopping done last year at the after-xmas sales.....

and if I get really lazy for the rest---there's always the cash-in-the-card !

I havent seen anyone hate that one ! ..:)

sweepy
15th November 2009, 10:42
When do you send your xmas cards guys i have made them not wrote them out yet .
sweepyxx