PDA

View Full Version : A little help here.

Zaul
10th November 2008, 16:14
Wondered if any of you lovely sharp eyed pts'rs could help me.(Yes I am crawling-but you are all lovely):D

Looking for an Electric Guitar for approx 50 for DD?? Can put a bit to it if necessary.

Got one last year for her from Asda for 50. She loved it.

After couple weeks the wire that connects the amp to the guitar kept falling out when she was playing. Kept meaning to go to some of the music shops to ask about a replacement as receipt had disappeared. Kept forgetting. Finally decided to ring Asda to see if they had a contact email/phone number for the company as all packagings long gone. Then the receipt turned up. Cut a long story short-they kindy refunded the cash as it still had approx 2 weeks left before their years guarantee was up. Really nice of them, but now I've got the cash and shes got no guitar. This close to Xmas I dont want to fork out a lot more.

So if anyone sees any deals in the shops (I haven't yet bought online and would prefer to see the actual item in a shop) could they let me know? Pretty please. :D

Would prefer one with a built in speaker or an amp included. She's 12 so I think the Woolies junior package would be far too wee for her. Thanks in advance for any advice.

:love::love::love:

Deedee
10th November 2008, 16:21
ooo Zaul, they had some in Asda on Saturday, I only glanced at the man showing off on it (display) didnt see a price, check instore, they had drums and an organ as well!

WELSH-DRAGON
10th November 2008, 16:22
I've seen an electric guitar in home bargains, not sure of the price, my DD2 has one which we bought from amazon

welshy x

cobbler
10th November 2008, 16:30
electric guitars for sale in lydl and asda 25

jamsandwhich
10th November 2008, 16:32
Hi Zaul,
Have you thought about a decent second hand one? There are quite a few good music shops around and about which may be able to do a deal and post to you?

My hubby's school mates are all old rockers (well, 38ish rockers!) and have loads of electric guitars, don't think any of them are into much but may still know the scene a bit so will ask for you, and see if they know of any good ones for your budget.

Have a look at this link, there is a guitar / amp pack for 75.00. My dad had a few but sold all but one at a booty last year :-(

http://www.gear4music.com/Electric_Guitars/G4M_Electric_Guitars.html?gclid=COvU4MP36pYCFQFvGg odGX7sPA

Warboz
10th November 2008, 16:58
I spotted one the other day on www.thetoyshop.com - http://www.thetoyshop.com/Toys/StarBuys/Boys/PRDOVR~297820/Power+Tour+Electric+Guitar.jsp

19.99 instead of 69.99! :D

If you have an Entertainer store near you, you should be able to have a look before buying? HTH's xx

Zaul
10th November 2008, 18:38
ooo Zaul, they had some in Asda on Saturday, I only glanced at the man showing off on it (display) didnt see a price, check instore, they had drums and an organ as well!

Did you see if it was electric or acoustric?
I know they were bringing an acoustic one out but the girl there I spoke to didnt know if they would be getting more electrics in.
Must be worth a visit though.
Thanks

Zaul
10th November 2008, 18:40
I've seen an electric guitar in home bargains, not sure of the price, my DD2 has one which we bought from amazon

welshy x

Sadly we dont have a Home Bargains (but I really want one) .Thanks tho

Have also now discovered I dont know how to multiquote.

rainbow
15th November 2008, 16:40
Did you get one yet sis? Our local Aldi still had these yesterday -

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_7692.htm

Zaul
15th November 2008, 21:09
No still havent got her one.Saw one on Ebuyer that might do her.

Aldi's well out of the way from us.And I think the offer ends today:(

Was hoping Asda might have brought more in this year but looks like its only the acoustics they're doing.

Not in huge hurry so could always wait for the sales :D

Addy
15th November 2008, 21:13
Know nothing about electric guitars so couldn't recommend one but check out

http://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/search.asp?search=electric+guitar&x=0&y=0&order=percent+DESC%3B&pp=50