PDA

View Full Version : need a biggish basket and dont want to pay the earth

suziq
15th November 2008, 11:27
for ex in laws xmas basket, big enuf to hold 3 books, lol m&s and chocci freeby, and some other bits
anyne have any ideas?

DaisyChain
15th November 2008, 11:30
Split it and use the Huggies Baby baskets - must be a few around ?

littlemissnaughty
15th November 2008, 11:30
I got some quite big oval wicker baskets from the pound shop a while back. They are great for making baskets and also re-using after as a washing basket or toiletry basket. Obviousl the price was a pound. They still had them a week or so ago.

suziq
15th November 2008, 11:31
which pound shop lmn?
it's more the size of the books thats the prob daisy

littlemissnaughty
15th November 2008, 11:35
Sorry hun, it was in poundland.

Ladyshopper
15th November 2008, 11:38
I got mine from poundland a couple of years ago, never seen them since unfortunately.

Have you tried the dump? There is a treasure trove of stuff there, we always go away with more than we took!! Most of it doesn't look used either, which is why its so good.

DaisyChain
15th November 2008, 11:39
Never been in a pound shop as they're all clustered in centre of town where I rarely go. Are they worth it ? This year might be the year

Zaul
15th November 2008, 11:55
Never been in a pound shop as they're all clustered in centre of town where I rarely go. Are they worth it ? This year might be the year

It really depends what you are looking for to be honest.:D

I usually find if I go in for "just a look" then I find bargains.
If I go in for a particular item-no chance:mad:

Recently got a printer and found Poundland good for 6x4(80pack) and A4 photopaper.Great for practicing and learning how to work to printer;)

Just noticed I've got 3 green pips.Made my day that has :D

Ragtimeplayer
15th November 2008, 12:06
My local 99p store has some really good sized baskets in. I wish I was actually doing a basket this year as they would be ideal.

Definitely worth 99p in my opinion.

suziq
15th November 2008, 12:24
might have to venture into a big own this week! lol
thanx all

Triker
15th November 2008, 13:58
These any good http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-4568.aspx

suziq
15th November 2008, 14:52
ooo ta triker, not looked on t's
beeen to wilko's tho, nothing suitable

grunnie
16th November 2008, 15:27
Have you tried covering a cardboard box with Christmas paper. I cut down a box so the back is slightly higher than the front and cover in paper to match the colour of the gifts eg pink or red or blue then add scrunched up tissue paper in a matching colour in the bottom. The cellophane is easier to stick around this and it looks really good when finished.

Trolley Dash
16th November 2008, 16:58
Have you tried covering a cardboard box with Christmas paper. I cut down a box so the back is slightly higher than the front and cover in paper to match the colour of the gifts eg pink or red or blue then add scrunched up tissue paper in a matching colour in the bottom. The cellophane is easier to stick around this and it looks really good when finished.

great idea thanks :D

suziq
16th November 2008, 17:33
ooo good idea! went to t's extra today, nothing!
have seen some in a shop window, gonna have a look tomoz

Tuckerpoo
16th November 2008, 18:02
Not sure if these are of any use? Was looking at them for my nieces but would make good gift baskets and were over 30 the set

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5631.aspx