PDA

View Full Version : help needed for 10yr old BOY'S angel costume

madline
17th November 2008, 13:20
hi all, please does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP boy's style angel costume ie white robe and wings (no halo)for a 10yr old. many thanx

angel,dust
17th November 2008, 13:49
hi all, please does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP boy's style angel costume ie white robe and wings (no halo)for a 10yr old. many thanx

can you not put him in a white top and trousers and buy the wings seperatly. i think it would work out alot cheaper and you can buy the wings in alot of places online and on the high street

Emmamed
17th November 2008, 13:52
when i was an angel at school, i think my mum made it out of a big white sheet and cut a hole in it for my head. for the wings she cut them out of cardboard and sprayed them gold.

madline
17th November 2008, 14:10
hi angel dust, the top would not be a problem but the trousers would.... definately NOT a colour i put my kids in lol

madline
17th November 2008, 14:14
hi emmamed, not a bad idea but i think the only white sheet i own is on our bed at the moment... don't think dh would be ammused lol

suziq
17th November 2008, 14:23
ds got some white pants from sportsdirect.com

michelle111
17th November 2008, 14:44
I think the white top and trousers sounds good ...what about some 3/4 white tracky bottoms or similar ...the wings you can pick up or make as someone already suggested then trim it off with a bit of gold tinsel here and there....you have my sympathy last week i had to turn ds into a roman centurion with only 48hrs notice:eek:

Emmamed
17th November 2008, 14:54
as you have said looking for a cheap costume, you could try a charity shop for a large white sheet or one of the discount linen shops.

DaisyChain
17th November 2008, 15:03
We had to do boy angels last year. I bought a white robe from one of the party type shops - it was actually part of an arab sheikh costume . That was 6, plastic wings about 2 from Ebay and tinsel sash and halo

You could have had mine but it won't be be big enough for a 10 yr old - my DS was only 5

chrissypoo001
17th November 2008, 17:17
They have such costumes in Sainsburys - not sure how much.
They have Angels and Stars and lots of others.

mummy23cuties
17th November 2008, 17:21
Hi, Last year my DS (8) was an angel & he wasn't impressed! So I bought a V cheap judo outfit off ebay he loved it & so did the school!! I think it was only about 4 including postage.

HTH

Sam XX