PDA

View Full Version : Ending a listing early?

YooHoo
24th November 2008, 22:03
I'd really appreciate some advice :) I sold a few bits last night on Ebay and I also listed some new things to end next Sunday. One person who won a couple of items last nights now wants to buy one of the new listings. It suits me but I now don't know the best & cheapest way of ending it early. Do I change the listing to a BIN?

:help:

moosey
24th November 2008, 22:05
You can do that or you can do a search for the 'end my listing early form'. You would then be selling it outwith ebay tho, Im comfortable with that most times but some arent. I dont think I would BUY outwith ebay but if your buyer is happy then thats fine. At least you wont have to pay the end of auction percentage.

YooHoo
24th November 2008, 22:13
Thanks for the reply. So on the 'end my listing early form' do you usually pull it without the buyer bidding on it and they send it thro paypal. Or do you get the buyer to put a bid in and sell to the highest bidder? Could I then add the extra we agreed to the postage?

moosey
24th November 2008, 22:14
You could just end the listing early, send your invoice for the other stuff and tell your buyer you will add the cost of the things not included officially onto the postage price yes :)

YooHoo
24th November 2008, 22:19
:DThank you! Rep on the way

fluffybunny2
24th November 2008, 22:19
you can end it by selling to the highest bidder but then ebay will charge you the final value fee on it.

if you just end the listing early with no bids, you can just add the extra to the invoice (either sellers charges or just increase the p&p to incorporate the extra cost)

if you decide to add a BIN, ebay will charge you to add the buy it now and then charge the final value fee .

here is the ebay link to end it early - http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

littlemissnaughty
24th November 2008, 22:23
you can end it by selling to the highest bidder but then ebay will charge you the final value fee on it.

if you just end the listing early with no bids, you can just add the extra to the invoice (either sellers charges or just increase the p&p to incorporate the extra cost)

if you decide to add a BIN, ebay will charge you to add the buy it now and then charge the final value fee .

here is the ebay link to end it early - http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

Sorry to gatecrash the thread but what happened to fluffybunny? :love:

YooHoo
24th November 2008, 22:24
Thank you as well, All is becoming clearer!

angelic
25th November 2008, 00:02
Just check how much your item may be worth before ending it early ;)

You can look at Completed Items by searching for same item to get an idea if you might be selling too cheap by stopping your auction now.

If you think you may get more, just suggest to your buyer that you will let the auction run adn if they win, you can then send all their items together.
If they don't win this item, you can still then send the original items they have won :)