PDA

View Full Version : Chicken

shoppaholic45
26th November 2008, 15:54
I have just opened a pack of chicken which i got from tesco and it smells a bit, it says display till the 27 and use by the 28, we bought it on sunday. I don't know if it will be ok.

We have had chicken from tesco before and opened it the day before it goes out of date and its been off.

I have prepared the stuff to go with it for the slow cooker so don't know what to do now.

Addy
26th November 2008, 16:07
Don't risk it! It's not worth it.

If you can get back to a Tesco store before the 28th, pack it back in the original packing, refrigerate it and take it back, I've done this before but they only gave me a refund.

shoppaholic45
26th November 2008, 16:09
Thank you Addy for your help, i will leave it, i can't get back to the store before the 28 as my oh is working away and i don't drive. If i call them will that help.

kerryo
26th November 2008, 16:10
yeah deffo dont risk it, good idea, give them a ring :)

Addy
26th November 2008, 16:21
I'd give them a ring, nothing to lose. Explain you now have nothing for tea, and ask them what they're going to do about it!!

shoppaholic45
26th November 2008, 16:57
I phoned them and they said ive to freezer it as i explained i can't get to tesco and then take it back to them and they will do a product test on it and give me a refund. Thankyou for your help kerry.

KAgirl
26th November 2008, 19:49
I would freeze the chicken on day of purchase and my butcher said you must not leave a chicken wrapped in clingfilm in the fridge always unwrap it as it can go off although I don't understand how it doesn't go off on the supermarket shelves?