PDA

View Full Version : seller selling fake moc?

pookienoodle
13th January 2009, 10:40
Hi all,
has anyone used astronotes on ebay?
today I recieved a bundle of 50p off cow and gate dairy dessert vouchers.
they are some of the worse fakes I have seen.
you can see where the printer ink is running out.lol
no one else has mentioned fakes in their feedback,anyone else had any of these?

Grace & Favour
13th January 2009, 10:45
AFAIK, Pookie - - the only available C&G Dairy Dessert coupons are printed from the internet.

Therefore, any bought on Ebay must be "fakes"(to use your definition).
If they are poor quality - I'd arrange for a full refund through Paypal (if you used PayPal)

Coupon-madder
13th January 2009, 10:48
Pookie, are they white with a bit of blue on? Then they are the printable version (from Tumbletots website) mentioned by G&F and if the seller didn't say they were home prints then I would be emailing to say you wish to return them for a refund.

When I print these (for my own use) I print them front & back so they look quite good - maybe the seller has done this and used glossy paper in the hope of fooling buyers into thinking they aren't internet prints.

I can't think of another C&G moc around at the moment.

pookienoodle
13th January 2009, 10:53
Pookie, are they white with a bit of blue on? Then they are the printable version (from Tumbletots website) mentioned by G&F and if the seller didn't say they were home prints then I would be emailing to say you wish to return them for a refund.

When I print these (for my own use) I print them front & back so they look quite good - maybe the seller has done this and used glossy paper in the hope of fooling buyers into thinking they aren't internet prints.

I can't think of another C&G moc around at the moment.

they are on very cheap paper,printed one side only, b&w except for a very fuzzy picture of 4 c & G pots in the right hand corner.
there is no way a shop would accept them without question imho .

Coupon-madder
13th January 2009, 11:06
they are on very cheap paper,printed one side only, b&w except for a very fuzzy picture of 4 c & G pots in the right hand corner.
there is no way a shop would accept them without question imho .

Reject them if the listing was misleading, I don't expect you were led to believe this is what they were selling or you would never have bid? Fancy naming the seller or putting a link to the auction here so we can avoid it?

Assuming you have a printer, you could print better versions yourself from the link on the printable coupons thread here or on MSE.

pookienoodle
13th January 2009, 11:12
Reject them if the listing was misleading, I don't expect you were led to believe this is what they were selling or you would never have bid? Fancy naming the seller or putting a link to the auction here so we can avoid it?

Assuming you have a printer, you could print better versions yourself from the link on the printable coupons thread here or on MSE.

ebay username is astronotes.

Coupon-madder
13th January 2009, 11:14
ebay username is astronotes.

Oh, thanks - missed that in your OP sorry! One to avoid then!

Good luck with a fuss-free refund.

DIVA1977
13th January 2009, 12:22
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51562&page=4 plz see bargain buy it now thread pookie.
Ragtime, myself and pumpkin were talking about same items/seller last week

Ragtimeplayer
13th January 2009, 15:24
I received mine too and they are bad copies.

I emailed her for a refund and she wanted me to send them back and I refused as why should I?

She doesn't mention internet on her auction so its her own fault. She refunded me straightaway and I have yet to leave appropriate feedback...

pumpkin
13th January 2009, 15:33
what bugs me is she keeps sending me emails asking me to leave her feedback!!

Grace & Favour
13th January 2009, 16:09
what bugs me is she keeps sending me emails asking me to leave her feedback!!

You can . . .it doesn't have to be good feedback does it Pumpkin?:)

DebbieE
13th January 2009, 16:13
Give her a neg & say they're internet prints & this isn't mentioned in her auctions despite other peeps (on here) asking her about them

pookienoodle
13th January 2009, 16:28
thanks all,
I don't read the other thread as my store is a bit iffy about internet moc.
i have asked for a refund,if not I will open a dispute.

Ragtimeplayer
17th January 2009, 13:34
Neg added :)

happyally
18th January 2009, 23:54
I recently won one of the 6 x £5 huggies coupons auction. They took an absolute age to arrive and yet again I had fallen pray to fake coupons (I posted a few months ago after winning 5 auctions from a member on here which were just copies) Whats more they weren't even good ones. I messaged the seller straight away saying that I believed they were just scan offs and I received a full refund within half an hour. Someone didnt want me to cause a fuss did they? Can't believe though that no one else had left negative feedback for them, are people daft or blind - or both? should have realised they were too good to be true. Further investigations showed that this seller had two i.d's (both same area) and selling same coupons.

On pottering about ebay tonight I see that one seller has a Fake coupon warming/alert listing specifically mentioning these Huggies ones together with Yakult, Eukanuba and some others. I noticed also that the Huggies seller's current listings for 6 x £5 had disappeared!

I received myself 2 x £6 from Huggies last year some time following a complaint - cant believe someone would be daft enough not only to scan them but sell them on ebay. Such a shame that people stoop to this, this is what will pull the rug on Tesco's generous policy. makes my blood boil really. selfish.

sullieb
19th January 2009, 00:17
I recently won one of the 6 x £5 huggies coupons auction. They took an absolute age to arrive and yet again I had fallen pray to fake coupons (I posted a few months ago after winning 5 auctions from a member on here which were just copies) Whats more they weren't even good ones. I messaged the seller straight away saying that I believed they were just scan offs and I received a full refund within half an hour. Someone didnt want me to cause a fuss did they? Can't believe though that no one else had left negative feedback for them, are people daft or blind - or both? should have realised they were too good to be true. Further investigations showed that this seller had two i.d's (both same area) and selling same coupons.

On pottering about ebay tonight I see that one seller has a Fake coupon warming/alert listing specifically mentioning these Huggies ones together with Yakult, Eukanuba and some others. I noticed also that the Huggies seller's current listings for 6 x £5 had disappeared!

I received myself 2 x £6 from Huggies last year some time following a complaint - cant believe someone would be daft enough not only to scan them but sell them on ebay. Such a shame that people stoop to this, this is what will pull the rug on Tesco's generous policy. makes my blood boil really. selfish.

Name and Shame Happy so that other don't fall victim to these sellers.

fuzzgun19
19th January 2009, 09:19
Is it this seller?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/elainelovesdisney

Grace & Favour
19th January 2009, 09:50
Is it this seller?

If this is the seller - or if anyone else has bought from them - - please let us have your comments IF you have any doubts about the coupons.

DaisyChain
19th January 2009, 10:25
[QUOTE=happyally;883587]I recently won one of the 6 x £5 huggies coupons auction. They took an absolute age to arrive and yet again I had fallen pray to fake coupons (I posted a few months ago after winning 5 auctions from a member on here which were just copies) Whats more they weren't even good ones. I messaged the seller straight away saying that I believed they were just scan offs and I received a full refund within half an hour. Someone didnt want me to cause a fuss did they? Can't believe though that no one else had left negative feedback for them, are people daft or blind - or both? should have realised they were too good to be true. Further investigations showed that this seller had two i.d's (both same area) and selling same coupons.

Don't forget though, that as well as 'victims' there are also peeps just as willing to buy and use fake MOCs as there are peeps willing to sell them. As long as they scan they're not fussed - no interest in the wider picture at all. After all its like buying a cheap £5 note and very tempting.

Grace & Favour
19th January 2009, 10:32
[quote=happyally;883587]I recently won one of the 6 x £5 huggies coupons auction. They took an absolute age to arrive and yet again I had fallen pray to fake coupons (I posted a few months ago after winning 5 auctions from a member on here which were just copies) Whats more they weren't even good ones. I messaged the seller straight away saying that I believed they were just scan offs and I received a full refund within half an hour. Someone didnt want me to cause a fuss did they? Can't believe though that no one else had left negative feedback for them, are people daft or blind - or both? should have realised they were too good to be true. Further investigations showed that this seller had two i.d's (both same area) and selling same coupons.

Don't forget though, that as well as 'victims' there are also peeps just as willing to buy and use fake MOCs as there are peeps willing to sell them. As long as they scan they're not fussed - no interest in the wider picture at all. After all its like buying a cheap £5 note and very tempting.

Aye - and some are on PTS of course!:eek:

angelic
19th January 2009, 10:35

It seems buyers are not all aware they can now leave neg/neut feedback without any fear of retaliation.
Sellers can leave only positive or no feedback for a buyer.

If everyone who inadvertently buys/bought dodgy coupons left neg feedback, the sellers would be removed from Ebay pretty quickly.
Sellers are removed if fb drops below a certain % and ditto their star rating - both things a buyer can affect.

Seller has them up again and Eukanuba....some sellers will never learn!

Thoughts so many of us echo and even worse when you realise some of these sellers are on here :mad:

Apologies, my quotes didn't show as intended so I have put in colour my responses to Ally's quotes - hope this makes sense?

happyally
19th January 2009, 10:51
If this is the seller - or if anyone else has bought from them - - please let us have your comments IF you have any doubts about the coupons.

Is it this seller?

Hi, yes that is the seller. I was reluctant even posting on here because last time I bought a shed load (£50+) of what turned out to be very poor scanned copies and named and shamed it turned out to be a member on here selling them and the thread took off like you wouldn't believe. Not that I have a problem naming and shaming and it certainly helped I am sure my securing a refund last time.

Just a bit of paranoia thats all!

Anyway, yes it is the elainelovesdisney, she/he also had another ebay user id (I am pretty certain same person as if I remember they both had Gillingham, Kent as their location and selling same item i.e. 6 x £5 huggies.

Yes, these are most definately FAKES. Very poor scanned off copies I suspect and not even well done either. Ink bleeds and cheap paper. Disgusting. I had seen these and felt so tempted as they are nice high value mocs and I one week about 3 weeks ago I felt flush enough to try and win and got them for £19.25 which was even so a lot but I still thought I was a tenner up in real terms in Tesco. Anyway, they took flippin ages to arrive, high postage too if I recall (but my choice to bid I know) and I was absolutely gutted that they were nothing more than poor copies.

I messaged the seller straight away saying I was disappointed that these were clearly fakes and that I consider myself coupon savvy and a full refund was received within minutes. I cant believe from all the sales she/he had made of them no one else left feedback to say they were fakes.

I have not left them feedback as I dont want anything retaliatry (sp?). I left negative feedback for the other seller I bought from a while ago (5 auctions) and she just left me (after a long time) 5 lots of repeated exlamation points even though it was positive. It took a lot of buying silly stuff to push those ambiguous ones onto the next page.

Ebay is a minefield.

However, I have bought lots of other perfectly wonderful mocs at great prices which has saved me loads. One seller I love is peters8441 (from memory, may be out a bit) who sellers lovely mixed lots at a quarter of value. He doesnt list that often and its hit and miss if you get them as they seem to go at a drop of a hat. His are great. As are poohfan (staff vouchers for general mills) and many others.

Back to topic though...

Mrs Lady C
19th January 2009, 16:43
happyally leave them negative feedback, they can not leave you negative feedback now.

Grace & Favour
19th January 2009, 18:00
Report them (I have - just now)

Go to the bottom of the page and click on:'Report this Item'
(it looks like this . . .. . )
Back to list of items (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/elainelovesdisney#item230320392805) | Report this item (http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportThisItemRedirect&itemid=230320392805&seller=elainelovesdisney&active=1) | Printer Version (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-X-5-HUGGIES-BABY-NAPPY-SUPERMARKET-VOUCHERS-COUPONS_W0QQitemZ230320392805QQcategoryZ109197QQcm dZViewItemQQisPrinterFriendlyZ1QQpvZ2) | Sell one like this (http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&item=230320392805)

DaisyChain
19th January 2009, 18:33
The seller who is allegedly not Pokerbabe but who has shared a PayPal addy and the same location is back with the dodgy Airwick ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-6-Airwick-coupon-voucher-NSS-TESCO-12-money-off_W0QQitemZ110340106050QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1103401060 50&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Mrs Lady C
19th January 2009, 18:35
Report them (I have - just now)

Go to the bottom of the page and click on:'Report this Item'
(it looks like this . . .. . )
Back to list of items (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/elainelovesdisney#item230320392805) | Report this item (http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportThisItemRedirect&itemid=230320392805&seller=elainelovesdisney&active=1) | Printer Version (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-X-5-HUGGIES-BABY-NAPPY-SUPERMARKET-VOUCHERS-COUPONS_W0QQitemZ230320392805QQcategoryZ109197QQcm dZViewItemQQisPrinterFriendlyZ1QQpvZ2) | Sell one like this (http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&item=230320392805)
I reported them yesterday, but they are still selling crap, unless people start leaving them negatives I don't think ebay are going to do anything about it. :mad::mad::mad:

Mrs Lady C
19th January 2009, 18:39
The seller who is allegedly not Pokerbabe but who has shared a PayPal addy and the same location is back with the dodgy Airwick ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-6-Airwick-coupon-voucher-NSS-TESCO-12-money-off_W0QQitemZ110340106050QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1103401060 50&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I have reported them as well now. :D:D:D

mhoc
19th January 2009, 19:34
How do you actually word the report?

What annoys me is when I send a query to a seller and get no reply. For instance the doggy food ones say "supermarket MOCs" so I asked them which supermarket stocks its - guess what no reply :mad:

(The answer really is no supermarket stocks it )

mhoc
19th January 2009, 19:51
Ok I have found the answer to not getting an answer to queries.

I noticed that they accept best offers. I know you can usually put in a lowest bid which if its too low, ebay will automatically reject for the seller. You are also allowed to put in 3 offers.

So I put in my three offers, you can guess how much I offered, all three offers which were all rejected.:clap2:

(Ok it wasnt that much fun but I did get a bit of satisfaction out of doing it :D )

happyally
19th January 2009, 19:51
happyally leave them negative feedback, they can not leave you negative feedback now.

Seller refunded very quickly despite her listings saying no refunds and all sales are final. She asked for their return though but I havent yet sent them back. Just feel I need to hang on to them for a few more days in case my report kicks anything off as proof.

I have reported the listing as counterfeit to ebay so will see what they say first then I will leave negative as having given it more and more thought the more cross I get about it! Will update as and when.

I notice that the seller who had listed a fake warning/alert specifically mentioning the huggies amongst others has been removed.

Ragtimeplayer
19th January 2009, 20:00
I can't stand these sellers who are trying to defraud people, can someone tell me in idiot speak what categories to use to report as none seem quite suitable?

angelic
19th January 2009, 20:12
Another person who needs reporting for selling "doctored" coupons, in this case Pigsback ones with security info cut off :mad:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/7906ryan_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Not funny and not clever and another almost surely from here :rolleyes::nono:

Strange how these dodgy MOC sellers think that by listing "private" auctions they are anon, lol :rolleyes:

happyally
19th January 2009, 20:22
I reported them yesterday, but they are still selling crap, unless people start leaving them negatives I don't think ebay are going to do anything about it. :mad::mad::mad:

I have now left negative feedback for the huggies vouchers received and refunded for. "refund received. I believe these to be fake poorly scanned copies of an original". Ebay have acknowledged my report that this seller is selling fakes.

I haven't done this lightly, and until Ebay respond fully I am still holding onto the fake coupons before I return them as otherwise I have no proof.

I have gone through the sellers feedback and he/she does have negatives for fakes but against Bertolli which i cant imagine you could copy in a million years. Also negatives for slow postage and out of date coupons. I am the first it seems to leave negatives for these huggies. Are people stupid enough to think these rubbish copies were actually real? Is it me?

Actually the more I read on here and the more I think about it the more p***ed off I am. I have already been involved in a large purchase of fakes from another member on here from ebay which was refunded after much debate and now again. OMG!

If Tesco pull the plug on coupons then we should send a bounty hunter to find these sellers and kick their a**e! (only joking). I paid £19.25 (ok, I got it back) for 6 useless bits of cheap paper with poor quality ink on them.

KittyKat
19th January 2009, 20:29
on elaines whats the names listings it says:
all sales are final

no refunds

NO COLLECTIONS

Think that is harsh no refunds on my fake coupons lol!

angelic
19th January 2009, 20:59
on elaines whats the names listings it says:
all sales are final

no refunds

NO COLLECTIONS

Think that is harsh no refunds on my fake coupons lol!

Sellers can put what they want - stating "no refunds" doesn't stand up against a PayPal dispute ;)

angelic
19th January 2009, 21:02
I have now left negative feedback for the huggies vouchers received and refunded for. "refund received. I believe these to be fake poorly scanned copies of an original". Ebay have acknowledged my report that this seller is selling fakes.

I haven't done this lightly, and until Ebay respond fully I am still holding onto the fake coupons before I return them as otherwise I have no proof.

I have gone through the sellers feedback and he/she does have negatives for fakes but against Bertolli which i cant imagine you could copy in a million years. Also negatives for slow postage and out of date coupons. I am the first it seems to leave negatives for these huggies. Are people stupid enough to think these rubbish copies were actually real? Is it me?

Actually the more I read on here and the more I think about it the more p***ed off I am. I have already been involved in a large purchase of fakes from another member on here from ebay which was refunded after much debate and now again. OMG!

If Tesco pull the plug on coupons then we should send a bounty hunter to find these sellers and kick their a**e! (only joking). I paid £19.25 (ok, I got it back) for 6 useless bits of cheap paper with poor quality ink on them.

Trading Standards may well be interested in the fake Huggies coupons Ally ;)

Personally I would take them there first as they are not much use to the seller unless she plans to sell them on again :eek:

Grace & Favour
19th January 2009, 21:13

Just a thought

As a buyer of these coupons - - you can very easily get the sellers full name and contact details from ebay . . . .

Then, if they even change their seller name - you've got a record of who's cheated you . . . . .

Grace & Favour
19th January 2009, 21:15
Another person who needs reporting for selling "doctored" coupons, in this case Pigsback ones with security info cut off :mad:

Strange how these dodgy MOC sellers think that by listing "private" auctions they are anon, lol :rolleyes:

I am led to believe that this person is, indeed, a member of PTS

fluffybunny2
20th January 2009, 23:50

I am led to believe that this person is, indeed, a member of PTS

Well....

looking at the user ID on ebay and the location

AND then, listening to this BBC article (which also quotes a name and location) its obvious who the PTSer used to be
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7220000/newsid_7229400/7229428.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

But then, I do believe that top fuel is a good friend of planespotter......

planespotter is ok and driving a new car.he got it in a very roundabout way though, not going through motorpoint,too risky .he's not collecting points now as they're too rare so he's concentrating his spare time on waitrose (very rewarding).
His wife had a beautiful baby girl after the tesco debacle and they can still be seen at car boots in the south selling garlic tablets and h&b on a sunday morning
He hates tesco and the horrible vindictive people that tried to blacken his name with unsubstansiated emails to the press
He hopes they read this and choke on it
HE GOT HIS CAR

nothing is proven ,can we please stop this witchhunt and mud slinging, whats up with you all
lets get back to find new coupons that are legit
please

KittyKat
20th January 2009, 23:58
I'm confused fluffy are you saying its planespotter selling dodgy coupons and that top fuel is planespotter?

Irishsmurfy
21st January 2009, 00:12
The seller who has shared a PayPal addy with SeriouslyVintageSales and the same location is back with the dodgy Airwick ones

This seller who allegedly is not Pokerofaces (well they allege they're not Pokerofaces.....) but who admitted to being SeriouslyVinatageSales - and who posted on PTS only weeks ago about how the Eukanuka mocs wouldn't be sold by them - is surprise, surprise - now selling the Eukanuka mocs on ebay using their "normal" ebay id. Now is that 3 ebay ids or more they're currently using................. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-voucher-nss_W0QQitemZ150320583631QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503205836 31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1308

How many more "dodgy" coupon sellers do we have as members on here??

fluffybunny2
21st January 2009, 00:24
The seller who has shared a PayPal addy with SeriouslyVintageSales and the same location is back with the dodgy Airwick ones

This seller who allegedly is not Pokerofaces (well they allege they're not Pokerofaces.....) but who admitted to being SeriouslyVinatageSales - and who posted on PTS only weeks ago about how the Eukanuka mocs wouldn't be sold by them - is surprise, surprise - now selling the Eukanuka mocs on ebay using their "normal" ebay id. Now is that 3 ebay ids or more they're currently using................. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-voucher-nss_W0QQitemZ150320583631QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503205836 31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1308

taken from ebay:-

seriouslyvintagesales-
Item location: lisburn, Antrim, United Kingdom

pokerofaces Me page-
Liburn (typo)

BT28 3RS

glorious
21st January 2009, 01:05
Well its dishonest, greedy and selfish people that are ruining the moc policy for everyone.I for one enjoy the benefits of moc for many reasons and quite frankly they have helped me out enormously.

I find it absolutely shocking that these sellers are willing to not only palm off their copies onto poor unsuspecting buyers and subject them to humiliation and possible arrest and that any £xx is really worth losing their integrity.

If there are any of these sellers on here you should hang your heads in shame imho as its bad enough being treated like a 2nd class citizen by sa' etc for using coupons that are legit to the correct policy but to be associated with blatent fraud :eek:...Times may be hard for us all be at least the majority of us have morals:mad::mad::mad:

thehagman
21st January 2009, 01:27
just everyone start and report them to ebay,
costs nothing to report them and if enough of us do it they will get sick of paying for listings that ebay keep pulling all the time

Georgie
21st January 2009, 01:28
Well....

looking at the user ID on ebay and the location

AND then, listening to this BBC article (which also quotes a name and location) its obvious who the PTSer used to be
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7220000/newsid_7229400/7229428.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

But then, I do believe that top fuel is a good friend of planespotter......

So planespotter is the one selling dodgy coupons then fluffy ? I'm getting confused.:shocked:

Grace & Favour
21st January 2009, 09:10

I for one will report them!!!!

Well spotted Irish . . .

Come on chaps - lets do something about these pariahs!

fuzzgun19
21st January 2009, 09:25
So planespotter is the one selling dodgy coupons then fluffy ? I'm getting confused.:shocked:
Looks that way yes.

I'm confused fluffy are you saying its planespotter selling dodgy coupons and that top fuel is planespotter?
Didn't planespotter change his ID after the tesco/court thingy?

mhoc
21st January 2009, 09:31
costs nothing to report them and if enough of us do it they will get sick of paying for listings that ebay keep pulling all the time

Please can someone give us an idiots guide, how do we actually go about doing this, what page do we use and what do we say?

KittyKat
21st January 2009, 10:21
and another :/
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-X-5-OFF-EUKANUBA-SUPERMARKET-COUPONS-VOUCHERS_W0QQitemZ350155475193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item35015 5475193&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Irishsmurfy
21st January 2009, 10:43
and another :/
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-X-5-OFF-EUKANUBA-SUPERMARKET-COUPONS-VOUCHERS_W0QQitemZ350155475193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item35015 5475193&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Oh no - that seller has item listed as not being far from me!! No wonder my locals are reviewing moc policy :mad:.

Grace & Favour
21st January 2009, 11:01
Oh no - that seller has item listed as not being far from me!! No wonder my locals are reviewing moc policy :mad:.

It could be that the seller has bought them (from you know who!) and has found that as no supermarkets accept them - she/he's just selling them on . .

There's only one set for sale!

pookienoodle
21st January 2009, 11:24

If too many people report them Ebay may make them a banned item.
I believe this is what happend with the washable nappies(tots bots complained about fakes being sold under their brand name)

The selling on of moc is dodgy ground for Ebay anyway,if you look at the U.S Ebay site a lot of the sellers put down that they are not selling the moc,just charging for the time and trouble to put them in the envelope.
Must be some kind of loophole to avoid trouble.
I don't think there is an easy solution to this problem,shame on the peeps doing though,I hope they get done for fraud.

KittyKat
21st January 2009, 11:37
If too many people report them Ebay may make them a banned item.
I believe this is what happend with the washable nappies(tots bots complained about fakes being sold under their brand name)

The selling on of moc is dodgy ground for Ebay anyway,if you look at the U.S Ebay site a lot of the sellers put down that they are not selling the moc,just charging for the time and trouble to put them in the envelope.
Must be some kind of loophole to avoid trouble.
I don't think there is an easy solution to this problem,shame on the peeps doing though,I hope they get done for fraud.

might be best to contact the actual companies i.e pigsbag/yakult, eukanuba, huggies etc

pookienoodle
21st January 2009, 11:46
my suggestion is to set up a spare ebay account,buy lots of fakes and then just don't pay for them.
as I said ,no easy solution to this,there will always be people who exploit a good thing to the point of fraud.
I do hope they are paying tax on these earnings as I would hate the tax office to be sent their details by someone who won an auction.;)

fuzzgun19
21st January 2009, 13:14
my suggestion is to set up a spare ebay account,buy lots of fakes and then just don't pay for them.
as I said ,no easy solution to this,there will always be people who exploit a good thing to the point of fraud.
I do hope they are paying tax on these earnings as I would hate the tax office to be sent their details by someone who won an auction.;)
And maybe leave appropriate feedback?

Freebird
21st January 2009, 13:20
Planespotter? I for one am shocked at that!

Irish - same round my way - my local is changing to 1 per shop courtesy of the abusers!

Mrs Lady C
21st January 2009, 14:32
Wouldn't we all be within our rights to purchase and pay with our normal ebay accounts then request a refund when we all receive the fakes and then leave appropriate feedback to say these are fakes, they would soon get the boot from ebay. :boom::boom::boom::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Grace & Favour
21st January 2009, 14:55
Yup!

Ragtimeplayer
21st January 2009, 15:04
Shame the fraudulent sellers keep reporting the Ebay seller who is trying to make innocents aware...

Ebay Fake Coupons (http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZiQ5flikeQ5fsellingQ5fbo oksQ5fandQ5ftoys)

KittyKat
21st January 2009, 15:06
Shame the fraudulent sellers keep reporting the Ebay seller who is trying to make innocents aware...

Ebay Fake Coupons (http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZiQ5flikeQ5fsellingQ5fbo oksQ5fandQ5ftoys)

Yeah i don't get why that listing keeps getting taken off?

Freebird
21st January 2009, 15:45
Possibly under the misleading or fraudulent item description. The reporters might be saying that it's advertising fake coupons as per pic or that it is misleading? Don't get me wrong - I don't think it is, but just trying to think like ebay staff/dodgy sellers.

Grace & Favour
21st January 2009, 15:55
Yeah i don't get why that listing keeps getting taken off?

Because they weren't selling anything! - now the listing has been altered - it may stay on longer

angelic
21st January 2009, 20:28

I couldn't agree more!
How much easier it would be if the dodgy sellers removed their own listings ...

Great that this seller is making a stand and I noticed the support from other Ebayers on the listing too :)

sullieb
21st January 2009, 20:43
Planespotter? I for one am shocked at that!

Irish - same round my way - my local is changing to 1 per shop courtesy of the abusers!

Why are you shocked Freebird?

The thing that I find particularly funny is that Planespotter....whoops I mean Top Fuel stuck up for Pokerofaces or whatever she is called sayings lets not start a "witch hunt".....his reasons are now a bit clearer.

Why do some people just have to get greedier and greedier?

Freebird
22nd January 2009, 00:07
Why are you shocked Freebird?

The thing that I find particularly funny is that Planespotter....whoops I mean Top Fuel stuck up for Pokerofaces or whatever she is called sayings lets not start a "witch hunt".....his reasons are now a bit clearer.

Why do some people just have to get greedier and greedier?

Shocked because it never ceases to amaze me how low some people sink.....and because I silently cheered him on when he stood up to T's and now I find he's just a.....well.....don't really need to say it, do I?

You're right....and greed is NOT good! :nono:

happyally
24th January 2009, 23:33
This seller is really p'ing me off. elainelovesdisney who sold me the fake poorly scanned huggies vouchers has not had her listings pulled despite my report to ebay trust & safety. To top it all she/he currently has exact same listing using her alter ego ebay id dj-pilot_123, same location, same picture. Aaargghh.. Me and two others have commented in feedback of fakes yet everyone else who has bought are thrilled with them. Is it me? Someone has even commented that they are great quality internet coupons. Mmmm, since when have Huggies done an internet coupon for £5? I think something fishy is definately going on as the same buyers have bought from both and left exemplary feedback. Fix I call it!

Ebay - open your eyes!

KittyKat
24th January 2009, 23:51
Yet the listing telling people about the fake mocs keeps getting pulled off! Though I did notice the other day that the seller of the FAKE MOCS then went and made a purchase from one of the fake coupon sellers! Think it was huggies one whether this was just to leave neg feedback or for personal use i dont know

angelic
25th January 2009, 11:03
This seller is really p'ing me off. elainelovesdisney who sold me the fake poorly scanned huggies vouchers has not had her listings pulled despite my report to ebay trust & safety. To top it all she/he currently has exact same listing using her alter ego ebay id dj-pilot_123, same location, same picture. Aaargghh.. Me and two others have commented in feedback of fakes yet everyone else who has bought are thrilled with them. Is it me? Someone has even commented that they are great quality internet coupons. Mmmm, since when have Huggies done an internet coupon for £5? I think something fishy is definately going on as the same buyers have bought from both and left exemplary feedback. Fix I call it!

Ebay - open your eyes!

I suspect the seller is using others to "buy" to leave exemplary feedback, pretty obvious they are reading this forum if they are doing this as how else would they know :(
No way can so many peeps be so daft as to believe these coupons are real if yours were such bad copies, Ally.

Keep reporting, patience does pay off, also a call to Kent Trading Standards may help ;)
Reports sometimes take time to penetrate, frustrating I know, but those who keep on listing them are just digging a bigger hole for themselves ;)