PDA

View Full Version : Ebay tool to bid on an item until you win??

Jude1234
13th January 2009, 11:30
Hi I remember a while back seeing on Ebay that there was a tool on Ebay that woudl automatically bid on lots of auctions (uop to your maximum amount) until you won a certain amount. But now I can't find it. I want a Davina workout DVD but don't have the time to be bidding on lots of different auctions etc. Does anyone know how to use this tool, is it any good??

TIA

BritBrat
13th January 2009, 11:36
Not Ebay tool but the one I use, not sure about stopping when a total number is bought.

http://www.goofbay.com

Put in a 1000 and I am sure you will win.

Tuckerpoo
13th January 2009, 11:37
You know I had forgotten about that. I haven't seen it for ages and guess it has been stopped? I think it was called Best Bid.

BritBrat
13th January 2009, 11:48
Ebay Bid Assistant

Looking at Goofbay forums they say:

I used it!! Ebay should put it back if only jusy for me!!

As I only get to use the internet evenings and weekends, bit assistant would bid on my behalf for the items I wanted it to. And yes.. if the first bid failed it would move onto the next item and keep going unless I had won!!
Did my xmas shopping that way last year and was hoping to do the same this year!

SOURCE (http://www.goofbay.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3774)

So it looks like they removed it from Ebay.

Jude1234
13th January 2009, 12:57
Thanx for info, was starting to think I was imagining it!

rainbowhope
13th January 2009, 14:07
..and here I was doing it the easy way and bidding a ridiculious amount that no one could top ! haha!...I think of all the money that could have saved me! hahah

thanks !..it's maddening when .20p more could have won it....but what happens if you
both have the snipper??

BritBrat
15th January 2009, 12:17
thanks !..it's maddening when .20p more could have won it....but what happens if you
both have the snipper??

Highest first bidder wins.

I like Goofbay I normally set it to 10 seconds and I seem to win OK.

You can setup a snipe for the same item twice or more with different times/settings.

angelic
15th January 2009, 13:32
..and here I was doing it the easy way and bidding a ridiculious amount that no one could top ! haha!...I think of all the money that could have saved me! hahah

both have the snipper??

Problem is although the winning bidder's bid may look to have only been 20p more than yours, they could have actually put in a far higher max bid ;)

Nobody can tell what the winning bidder's max bid was, only the winning bidder knows that.

Unfortunately with a snipe tool (or manual bid), there is no guarantee you will win the auction as Bidder 1 etc (whoever wins) could have put on the highest bid with their first and only bid ;)

gaanja
15th January 2009, 15:42
I usually use Justsnipe.com.

Grace & Favour
15th January 2009, 16:32
I think bidnapper has the facility for repeated bids across a series of auctions (for a siliar item) until one of the auctions is won