PDA

View Full Version : can this ebayer do this

kay122
22nd January 2009, 13:17
My hubbie has bid and won a iteim on ebay and the seller originally said he would let it go to the highest bidder unknowing to me 2 hours before the auction finished he put a posting on saying he will not take less than 20 what do i do it says i have won and need to pay
kay

suziq
22nd January 2009, 13:29
i don't think he can do that

fuzzgun19
22nd January 2009, 13:29
I would just pay for the item, I don't think they are allowed to do that and say they wont take less than bla bla for it.

If you don't receive it then just put in a paypal claim.

fluffybunny2
22nd January 2009, 13:39
I dont think he can do this either.

He sets a minimum price... if, at auction, it doesn't reach the price he wanted then he should have either set it at a higher price OR, put a reserve on it ( http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/reserve.html ). sounds like he started it at a lower price to save on ebay listing fees.

After saying this though if he doesnt want to let it go at the final price there's not a lot you can do. I think, if it was me, I'd be tempted to pay for it but, he will probably either just refund you straight away or just wont post it.

It is considered to be a contract but if he won't sell it I'd leave negative feedback

moosey
22nd January 2009, 13:42
He certainly can't do it :nono:

I would pay for the item, you won the auction fair and square. If he doesnt send it u can take out a dispute.

Totally against the spirit of ebay to do what that seller has done tsk

SuzyWoo
22nd January 2009, 13:45
Fee avoidance, if he refuses to sell to you (I too would just pay) report him.

kay122
22nd January 2009, 13:47
Thanks just rung ebay up he isout of order they said pay for it he should have left a reserve he had just emaild me sorry carnt let it go at that price
he thought he would have had a better responce to the iteim by the way is a tyre presure gauge hubbie wanted
thanks
kay

mutley muppet
22nd January 2009, 13:48
What a muppet this seller is? He should have set a higher start price then? Duh! :der:

fuzzgun19
22nd January 2009, 13:50
Thanks just rung ebay up he isout of order they said pay for it he should have left a reserve he had just emaild me sorry carnt let it go at that price
he thought he would have had a better responce to the iteim by the way is a tyre presure gauge hubbie wanted
thanks
kay

He definitely deserves a neg then!

Twinks
22nd January 2009, 13:52
Kay, it is his fault for not setting a reserve price, that is what this option is there for, pay your item and hope for the best, good luck.

Dominic
22nd January 2009, 14:02
and then leave neg feedback if they don't complete

Gizmos
22nd January 2009, 14:08
didnt think you could alter an auction wiht less thatn 12 hours o go on it if ithad bids on it??

Dominic
22nd January 2009, 14:16
Don't think the buyer has altered it, he's just refusing to complete?

fuzzgun19
22nd January 2009, 14:56
didnt think you could alter an auction wiht less thatn 12 hours o go on it if ithad bids on it??

I think you can add to the description though, maybe that's what he did?

angelic
22nd January 2009, 16:22
Pay for the item as advised and file a PayPal dispute if not received after 8 days.

If you don't get your item, you can report the seller for non-performance as well as fee avoidance.
Don't forget to leave a calm and factual neg to warn others ;)

The seller can't be forced to sell to you unfortunately.

kay122
22nd January 2009, 17:01
Just paid for the item see what the out come is my dh says leave it let him keep it thats not the point i am sick of all the crap off ebay sellers I sell alot on ebay you take the rough withthe smooth
kay

Grace & Favour
22nd January 2009, 17:42
Well done Kay - - - - - don't let the tawt get away with it Scot free!

vikki
22nd January 2009, 17:52
I totally agree. Pay and then file dispute and leave negative. Wonder if ebay will contact him as they know what is going on? Be interesting to see. Hope it gets sorted for you :D

kay122
22nd January 2009, 17:53
I totally agree. Pay and then file dispute and leave negative. Wonder if ebay will contact him as they know what is going on? Be interesting to see. Hope it gets sorted for you :D

I will post the out come
kay

kay122
22nd January 2009, 18:17
He has just sent me a email and refunded the money sent one back saying i won fair and square He says he tried to change the price but it would not let him what do i do now
kay

obscure
22nd January 2009, 18:31
kay - have you seen his feedback, he has done this before!!!

I wouldnt let this one go, call ebay again and see what they say. he has only sold 4 things and done this twice now, he needs educating or banning!

You could also post the link here so the others can see......

obscure
22nd January 2009, 18:37
Below taken from the auction that started at 5.00........

I HAVE DONE A BIT OF RESEARCH REGARDING AVERAGE SELLIND PRICE AND I FOUND ONE SIMILAR TO THIS ONE IN WAS SOLD FOR 56 I WILL SELL FOR WHATEVER THE HIGHEST BID IS BUT JUST THOUGHT IT MITE GIVE YOU SOME IDEA OF PRICE THANKYOU AND HAPPY BIBBING.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 22-Jan-09 at 10-06-24 GMT, seller added the following information:

I WILL NOT LET THIS ITEM GO FOR LESS THAN 20 SORRY FOR THE LATNESS OF THIS BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD GET MORE ATTENTION THANKS

angelic
22nd January 2009, 18:39
Leave appropriate feedback to warn anyone else in case he lists in the meantime.

Definitely don't let go, Ebay have a seller policy for a reason and if this guy has previous negs, he should be very close to a deserved ban.
OK it won't stop him signing back up with a new ID, but if spotted, he will be thrown straight back off ;)

Obsure's post went on while I was typing.....this guy has absolutely NO idea how Ebay works!!