PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ebay please

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 20:54
We are trying to raise funds for our wedding and i put some coupons on ebay last night, i listed three lots in one listing and people have bidded on it, i have just recieved a message from the winner who won all three lots and i will quote what they said.

Please can you explain to me how if no know else bidded for this iteam my maxium amount was taken after i bidded 3.09, there is no way i am going to pay my maxium bid,as no know else bidded after my 3.09 and ive just gor an invoice for 3 lots of 8.09,please would you get back to me on this matter ,manythanks

When i have looked at the listing the bid before this person was 2.57, so i don't understand why it jumped to 8.09, as i though that it only went up to the max bid if other people bidded up to that.

mutley muppet
22nd January 2009, 21:05
Sorry Shoppa, I'm not very good with figures, but the Ebay blurb on Multiple Item Listings is here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/buyer-multiple.html

DIVA1977
22nd January 2009, 21:08
We are trying to raise funds for our wedding and i put some coupons on ebay last night, i listed three lots in one listing and people have bidded on it, i have just recieved a message from the winner who won all three lots and i will quote what they said.

Please can you explain to me how if no know else bidded for this iteam my maxium amount was taken after i bidded 3.09, there is no way i am going to pay my maxium bid,as no know else bidded after my 3.09 and ive just gor an invoice for 3 lots of 8.09,please would you get back to me on this matter ,manythanks

When i have looked at the listing the bid before this person was 2.57, so i don't understand why it jumped to 8.09, as i though that it only went up to the max bid if other people bidded up to that.

might help to provide link so we can see

rob&deb
22nd January 2009, 21:21
not sure about this.. but I think if you click on 2nd chance offer it will give you the amount the next bidder bid up to,
be careful though...obviously don,t go ahead & send the 2nd chance offer ,but it should let you take a look.

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 21:25
Thankyou mutley for your help, i will go and have a look. This is the listing diva http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220348872714&sspagename=STRK%3AMESOX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported. I have looked to see if i can do a second chance offer but it's not coming up, thankyou for your help rob&deb

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 21:35
I found this on ebay from the link mutley kindly posted for me.

eBay doesn't place proxy bids in Multiple Item Auctions

In a Multiple Item Auction, eBay places the bid you enter, rather than the lowest amount required for you to remain the high bidder. This means that if you're the only bidder, you'll pay the amount you bid per item, not the lowest amount necessary to win the auction (i.e. the starting price)

jamsandwhich
22nd January 2009, 21:35
I have never done a multiple auction before but, the only reason I can think is that it has taken this bidders higher bid because they wanted all three rather than just the one set which is what the previous bidder wanted and so it automatically lets the bidder who wants all of them to win?

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 21:42
I see what you mean jamsandwich, thankyou for your help, i have just messaged them that bit from ebay i put on there.

jamsandwhich
22nd January 2009, 21:43
Great you found the answer out - and at least I know now, just in case!!!

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 21:51
What do i do now if the seller won't pay.

angelic
22nd January 2009, 22:01
Dutch (Multiple auctions) are very confusing as they work differently to conventional auctions :(

If your buyer won't pay, all you can do is wait until 7 days (to the exact minute) have passed from your auction end and file an Unpaid Item Dispute against the buyer.

If your buyer doesn't want to pay, you might be better to re-list as BIN instead of auctions due to the short use of the MOC's.
Technically you are not supposed to re-list until after the UPI ends, but that won't happen until way past MOC expiry date :(

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 22:54
Thanks for your help angelic, i have only ever done muliple listing once before and that was on make up. I just recieved this message, what is a fair offer to the buyer.

hi sorry to trouble you its just that i need to go to bed soon as i ve got to get up early for work, just wanted to see if you have come to some arrangment, dont want you to think that im ignoing you ,manythanks,will look out for you email tomorrow

DIVA1977
22nd January 2009, 23:01
is the winning bidder , bidded 8.09 for all 3?? ie 3.03 for each set as lower bidder was 2.77 so that would make more sense.

I know usually shows price per itme but maybe showing total as auction over.

Cos surely bidder didnt bid 8.09 per set???

shoppaholic45
22nd January 2009, 23:04
Its coming up at 8.09 per set, it went from 3.09 which was her bid to 8.09 max bid. I have just seen similar for 3.99 on buy it now.

fuzzgun19
23rd January 2009, 08:18
Just send her a paypal invoice for the correct amount (but link the invoice to the ebay transaction).

I find multiple auctions weird, as the ones I have done jump up to funny figures too.

angelic
23rd January 2009, 08:37
Thanks for your help angelic, i have only ever done muliple listing once before and that was on make up. I just recieved this message, what is a fair offer to the buyer.

hi sorry to trouble you its just that i need to go to bed soon as i ve got to get up early for work, just wanted to see if you have come to some arrangment, dont want you to think that im ignoing you ,manythanks,will look out for you email tomorrow

Shoppa, not sure if you meant to add a message to your post or if it is me not fully awake yet, lol?

Please don't be tempted to sell for less outside Ebay to resolve the situation as it could get you into problems.

If your buyer confirms (via Ebay) he/she definitely doesn't want to pay the winning bid amount, re-list as BIN due to the short expiry on the MOC's.
Not a problem if your buyer wins them again as you just go ahead with the UPI dispute for the Dutch auction.

I hope that makes sense?

shoppaholic45
23rd January 2009, 11:35
Thankyou for your help angelic and fuzzgun. I didn't know wether to offer then to her at 3.09 as thats what her next bid was or for 3.99 as thats what they are going for, or to just say that im going to relist it. Which is best.

shoppaholic45
23rd January 2009, 11:42
Just had a look and i sent a invoice yesterday and there doesn't seem to be an option to change it.

fuzzgun19
23rd January 2009, 11:45
It's difficult, as she has the power to neg you if she's not happy.

You could suggest to her that you are going to re-list at 3.99, and give her the 1st refusal at that price...?
(then send the invoice as above, so it goes through ebay?).

If she gets stroppy you could just say you want it to go through ebay so if she is not prepared to pay the 3.99 or 8.09 they you are re-listing with a buy it now.

fuzzgun19
23rd January 2009, 11:46
Just had a look and i sent a invoice yesterday and there doesn't seem to be an option to change it.

If you log into your paypal, and select the request money tab near the top, it lets you create an invoice, then you will have to select 'ebay purchase', and enter the ebay item number.

That way it will show on your ebay account as paid (if she pays it).

shoppaholic45
23rd January 2009, 11:48
Arr i see fuzzgun, thankyou very much for your help, i will now message them and suggest the price of 3.99.