Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tyroleandancer
31st January 2009, 13:34
Thought it may be useful to have a list of mocs that we should not be buying

I will start off with

Yakult - copied from Pigsback-securuty info & copy warning removed by seller
£5 Eukanuba - Not accepted in Tesco but being sold as ok for Tesco
£5 Huggies - copied from original Huggies voucher and sold/selling multiples
£6 Airwick - have expired but some sellers have doctored that info and are selling as exp 3/09 when exp was 08

The following have been blocked/not accepeted in Tesco - I assume they can be used elsewhere

Betty Crocker- not working in Sainsburys
Glayva
£1 Mitchum
Hagen Daz

Also avoid titles/listings such as £10 money off coupons scan in tesco etc with no details of what MOC's you are bidding for and no photo. Seller is well known for selling copy coupons

Please reply to this post with the moc that should be avoided and I will add to this post
Can I also ask that we don't get into heated debated regarding the selling and use of these coupons.

Thanks to everyone who helped compile information especially angelic :)

Darkangel709
31st January 2009, 13:41
Eukanuba

Irishsmurfy
31st January 2009, 13:43
Airwick £6 coupons - were valid last year but have now expired. Some sellers seem to have "doctored" these coupons to show a new expiry date - but they are still coupon
net vouchers which should not have been copied as they were limited to one per person.

DaisyChain
31st January 2009, 13:44
Airwick

Glayva - not fake but blocked by T

Huggies £5

angelic
31st January 2009, 13:47
Great post Tyrole :)

Please could I suggest info could be added to explain why not to buy eg -
Date known to have been altered
Pigsback MOC with security info removed
etc
Copies from original coupons
Not sold in T's but claimed in listing to scan in T's

£6 Airwick - date altered by seller (claiming expiry 3/09) real expiry was 08!
£5 Huggies Nappies - copied from original Huggies voucher and sold/selling multiples
£5 Eukanuba - not accepted in T's but being sold as OK for T's
£2 Glayva - blocked by T's, again sold as scanning in T's

Also avoid titles/listings such as £10 money off coupons scan in tesco etc with no details of what MOC's you are bidding for and no photo. Seller is well known for selling copy coupons ;)

Sorry I was a bit slow compiling my list so other posts went on before mine.

tyroleandancer
31st January 2009, 13:48

etc

£6 Airwick
£5 Huggies Nappies
£5 Eukanuba
£2 Glayva

Thank you
On to it :)

Gizmos
31st January 2009, 13:48
any that members of PTS are selling - LOL

tyroleandancer
31st January 2009, 13:51
May need further input as to which are fake etc as I have no idea
All input welcome

jackie_k_uk
31st January 2009, 13:55
Also the £1 Mitchum deodorant moc had been blocked by Tesco's

kay122
31st January 2009, 13:56
Great post
kay

angelic
31st January 2009, 14:06
May need further input as to which are fake etc as I have no idea
All input welcome

Yakult MOC has been copied from Pigsback and security info/copy warning (lol) removed by sellers.

mhoc
31st January 2009, 15:01
I tried both BCs the other day in Sainsburys when actually buying the correct item, Chocolate Brownies but neither would scan TS put it through as a non scan MOC

sullieb
31st January 2009, 15:59
Excellent post Tyrole. Hopefully this will help out the fake Mocs which are ruining for everybody.

tyroleandancer
31st January 2009, 16:59
I tried both BCs the other day in Sainsburys when actually buying the correct item, Chocolate Brownies but neither would scan TS put it through as a non scan MOC

will update, thank you

Excellent post Tyrole. Hopefully this will help out the fake Mocs which are ruining for everybody.

Hopefully :)

tyroleandancer
31st January 2009, 17:08

etc

£6 Airwick - date altered by seller (claiming expiry 3/09) real expiry was 08!
£5 Huggies Nappies - copied from original Huggies voucher and sold/selling multiples
£5 Eukanuba - not accepted in T's but being sold as OK for T's
£2 Glayva - blocked by T's, again sold as scanning in T's

Also avoid titles/listings such as £10 money off coupons scan in tesco etc with no details of what MOC's you are bidding for and no photo. Seller is well known for selling copy coupons ;)

Sorry I was a bit slow compiling my list so other posts went on before mine.

Thank you:)

fuzzgun19
31st January 2009, 18:31
Following my thread here http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52101

I have bought some Yakult coupons from this seller just out of interest (No intention of using them).
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330302650604&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014)
They have arrived and look like this..

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3027/spa0064ms2.jpg

These look different to the pigsback ones, but have a similar looking barcode.

Do you think these are fakes?

Gizmos
31st January 2009, 18:32
too much clear space below te bar code for my liking - this person is also the one wrote about on the other thread -

angelic
31st January 2009, 18:49
too much clear space below te bar code for my liking - this person is also the one wrote about on the other thread -

This person removed their Yakult listing earlier .... this coincided with a mention on here not long before the removal.

If there was any other Yakult coupon other than the Pigsback one - which was one print per Pigsback member - I am sure it would have been mentioned on here?

There are currently 3 other Ebay sellers all selling dodgy Yakult coupons -
one is a regular Ebay seller known for selling dodgy printed coupons.
Anyone know if they are also members here?

Irishsmurfy
31st January 2009, 18:55
Giz and/or mods??? Are we allowed to type links to the actual ebay auctions which should be avoided?? It just might make it even clearer to people as to which auctions to avoid.

No problems if not - would just like to know for certain what is and isn't allowed to be posted. (If it is allowed I am more than happy to list the ones I know of!!)

mhoc
31st January 2009, 19:15
I have been having a trawl through the ebay coupon pages and it is very horrible reading. Too many to pick out all of them but just two

Selling £1 Mitchums and says they will scan in all supermarkets including Tesco. This seller lives right next to a giant Tesco which has always hated print off MOCs and at best takes 10%

And then there is this list

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/chickensducksandgeese76

I emailed the seller about the Glayva MOCs and wether they could be used in Tesco, her reply

yeah i have no probs using them in tescos :)
- chickensducksandgeese76

mhoc
31st January 2009, 19:16
Giz and/or mods??? Are we allowed to type links to the actual ebay auctions which should be avoided?? It just might make it even clearer to people as to which auctions to avoid.

No problems if not - would just like to know for certain what is and isn't allowed to be posted. (If it is allowed I am more than happy to list the ones I know of!!)

If it is allowed you will be up all night, Ive just had a trawl through and there are dozens of iffy ones

rob&deb
31st January 2009, 21:15
i also think this is a great idea,
thanks for doing it..

fuzzgun19
1st February 2009, 10:57
Can anyone suggest if these are definitely fakes then... has this seller just made them up using bits of the pigsback one?

Following my thread here http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52101

I have bought some Yakult coupons from this seller just out of interest (No intention of using them).
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330302650604&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014)
They have arrived and look like this..

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3027/spa0064ms2.jpg

These look different to the pigsback ones, but have a similar looking barcode.

Do you think these are fakes?

Trolley Dash
1st February 2009, 11:50
great thread Tyrole - have repped you

Ragtimeplayer
1st February 2009, 12:43
Brilliant thread, should be posted on daily so lots of people get to see it when browsing "new posts".

Grace & Favour
1st February 2009, 12:56
Can anyone suggest if these are definitely fakes then... has this seller just made them up using bits of the pigsback one?

Fuzzy . . these certainly look like fakes . . . . . .

all the seller has done is move around the various elements of the original coupon, and leave out the individual identifying descriptors, including the secondary barcode . . I'd give these a wide berth - - (but then - I'm known for being sensible!!!):)

fuzzgun19
1st February 2009, 13:33
Thanks for that, I'll ask for a refund... anyone suggest any appropriate feedback?

angelic
1st February 2009, 13:50
Thanks for that, I'll ask for a refund... anyone suggest any appropriate feedback?

If the seller isn't keen to refund (expect they will be if they read this forum) don't forget you can file a PayPal dispute ;)

As for feedback, leave a calm and factual comment such as -

Beware!! Seller has altered original coupon, selling fraudulent copies

I would put some of it or all of it in capitals so there is no chance of the comment being missed :D
You can use your follow up comment to reply back should the seller try to diss your comment :D

Don't forget to also drop the start ratings where appropriate as suspension can also be helped along by overall % being below a certain figure ;)

angelic
1st February 2009, 13:52
I forgot to add - if seller requests return of the fake coupons, you can refuse and can offer to pass them on to Trading Standards who I am sure will be interested in them and the seller's details ;)

mhoc
1st February 2009, 14:36
[QUOTE=mhoc;894970]I have been having a trawl through the ebay coupon pages and it is very horrible reading. Too many to pick out all of them but just two

Selling £1 Mitchums and says they will scan in all supermarkets including Tesco. This seller lives right next to a giant Tesco which has always hated print off MOCs and at best takes 10%

I had a reply from the lady selling the Mitchums

Thank you for your interest. I am using them in Tesco without problems. I have loat of positive feedback on these coupons. There are some who bought 4-5 times from me. You should chech first with your local Tesco if they accept internet coupons. Regards

Grace & Favour
1st February 2009, 14:42
[quote=mhoc;894970]I have been having a trawl through the ebay coupon pages and it is very horrible reading. Too many to pick out all of them but just two

I had a reply from the lady selling the Mitchums

Thank you for your interest. I am using them in Tesco without problems. I have loat of positive feedback on these coupons. There are some who bought 4-5 times from me. You should chech first with your local Tesco if they accept internet coupons. Regards

Which goes to prove that not every seller tells the truth 100% of the time!!!!!!!:hand:

mhoc
1st February 2009, 14:49
I always email them now if I spot anything iffy just to see what response I get and always the answers are untruthfull. Its great fun, I pretend to be a complete novice and ask basic questions to see what response I get!

The worst of this one is that this Tesco is on the edge of my patch but I've only used it 3 times because thye are so difficult with MOCs.

dawn1
1st February 2009, 17:33
found this listed on ebay a word document with the yakult coupon :nono:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270335896788&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123

Grace & Favour
1st February 2009, 17:42
found this listed on ebay a word document with the yakult coupon :nono:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270335896788&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123

Well spotted Dawn - - I've reported the seller - - -would everyone else report them - - and eventually such sellers will learn not to sell fraudulent copies (hopefully)

fuzzgun19
1st February 2009, 17:53
Which category do you report it as?

Grace & Favour
1st February 2009, 19:09
I went to the report link and highlighted:
Counterfeits & breach of Copyright
Other potential infringement
Seller is offering to send>>>> electronically

(and then in the explanation box, mention the word document of a falsified coupon)
That should sort things!!!!:)

dawn1
1st February 2009, 22:43
thanks g&f i was not sure what to report it as either , have done it now

happyally
2nd February 2009, 09:08
I bought in good faith some of the £5 huggies and received a refund within minutes of complaining about the fact that these were very poorly done scanned off copies despite the seller saying "no refunds". I have so far reported this seller every time I see another of her listings for these damn vouchers (7 times now since I purchased) and Ebay have only acknoweldged my report once! In my last report I told them I would continue to report until they sat up and took notice. I see that this seller has an alter i.d (same location, same picture, way too much of a coincidence) selling same and same "buyer" has left feedback for an alleged purchase for both. Seems like seller has "friends" buying just to leave good feedback as strangely only a few (inc me) have left negatives for fake coupons.

Seller asked that I return coupons, however am still holding on to them because I am still torn as to whether to involve their local tax office/trading standards as advised by another member on here. My prob is I dont want it to come back and bite me on the ar*e which knowing my luck could happen.

All I want right now is for ebay to take my report seriously.

I know these vouchers to be fake because about a year ago I had a £6 from huggies themselves following a complaint and I know these vouchers to be high quality glossy as you would expect not 80g economy paper with bleeding ink!

Grace & Favour
2nd February 2009, 09:22
Well done Ally - - - - - you stick to your guns girl!

mhoc
2nd February 2009, 09:30
And another one here

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/kippygolf

devon1972
5th February 2009, 08:03
spotted some eukanuba ... and some airwick £6 yesterday ....

mhoc
6th February 2009, 08:26
I keep seeing Iams kittens MOCs listed, are these real and stocked - or just for pet shops?

Grace & Favour
6th February 2009, 11:32
I keep seeing Iams kittens MOCs listed, are these real and stocked - or just for pet shops?

Can't help you there mhoc . . . sorry . . .

I haven't seen any reports on these yet

DaisyChain
7th February 2009, 13:24
Even more reason to avoid one of our NI Airwick sellers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-TESCO-GIFT-CARD-VOUCHER-RECEIPT-FUEL-GROCERIES_W0QQitemZ110348258300QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1103 48258300&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

This seller has sold 35 x £30 Tesco Gift Cards in just over a week. I think it is highly likely that the dodgy MOCS are being used to fund these and given the amount involved (£1150 in a week) and the relatively few Tesco stores in that area, Tesco may well cotton on and investigate.

Grace & Favour
7th February 2009, 13:56
:mad:Oh please let there some justice . . . . . .:mad:

Emmamed
7th February 2009, 16:21

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-TESCO-GIFT-CARD-VOUCHER-RECEIPT-FUEL-GROCERIES_W0QQitemZ110348258300QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1103 48258300&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

This seller has sold 35 x £30 Tesco Gift Cards in just over a week. I think it is highly likely that the dodgy MOCS are being used to fund these and given the amount involved (£1150 in a week) and the relatively few Tesco stores in that area, Tesco may well cotton on and investigate.

you cant buy giftcards with moc, so i have been told

mhoc
7th February 2009, 16:27

OMG, so is this person buying a few bits of shopping and adding a £30 gift card and then paying for most of it with MOCs ????? How on earth is she using that ammount - maybe over £15 - £20 of MOCs at a time.

I did a big sort out of my MOCs this week and at the very most I dont think there is more than maybe £20 of MOCs, all valid, all different, you can use without using lots of duplicates - also very few big value MOCs. Is she possibly printing off several airwicks and using a few with each shop ????

fuzzgun19
7th February 2009, 16:27
I have bought one in the past with other shopping and used mocs...

Georgie
7th February 2009, 16:29

:eek: That sounds very dodgy. If these are being bought with the high value airwick print off MOC's perhaps someone in the Tesco Store is in on it. Otherwise how could £1150 be passed in a week.

People have reported buying gift cards with MOC's.

It's more like organised crime than just scamming Tesco.:eek:

DaisyChain
7th February 2009, 16:45

I think its another SA/store dependent thing Emma. I've partly bought the odd one when using MOCS.

Irishsmurfy
9th February 2009, 17:03
This seller Dizneypixiedust very cleverly lists her auction as being NSS mocs which scan beautifully at Tesco!! However these mocs that she currently selling are for items which Tesco DO NOT STOCK so please do not buy unless you are using the mocs in a store which does sell the item.
The mocs were for Whites Oats products
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150325969718

If Tesco does sell these items then I'm more than happy to be corrected!!!

Irishsmurfy
9th February 2009, 19:33
My oh my !!!

I emailed the seller earlier to find out if these mocs are stocked by Tesco and received no reply. However after checking that they are stocked at Waitrose I thought I would buy a set as I use mocs in there. Lo and behold the seller has blocked me from buying any mocs from them!!! Now come on - is that a guilty consience or what??? Must be frightened of possible feedback or am I just paranoid??

So please people - avoid like the plague - Dizneypixiedust !!!

DaisyChain
9th February 2009, 19:41
Or possibly on here too and knows how clued up you are

Gizmos
9th February 2009, 19:51
yeah that seller name seems familiar

Mrs Lady C
10th February 2009, 20:51
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-X-5-5-30-OFF-HUGGIES-NAPPIES-COUPON-VOUCHER_W0QQitemZ180327793475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item180327 793475&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 Another one to avoid. :mad::mad::mad:

perfectpeta
12th February 2009, 21:30
talk about cheating the shoppers
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/pokerofaces_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

no wonder my tesco dont accept coupons any more :(

2 identical listings but differant dates on the vouchers GRRR

i cant stand this ebay seller after buying some eukanuba coupons last year

Georgie
12th February 2009, 22:39

Did you report them to ebay for selling fakes ? Many people on here have reported this persons listings.

perfectpeta
12th February 2009, 23:33
yes i did, and still keep doing so, eventually got my money back from paypal , but i see ebay doing nothing :mad:

Button
13th February 2009, 08:58

I am really really gutted and mad about this. This seller, who is not a member on here :rolleyes:....... lives about 20 miles away from me. I have a reasonablly MOC friendly store in my town that I believe this seller travels to - at least the member on here who says she is not the seller on Ebay, travels to and uses my store! Well, I can surely wave bye bye to my days of MOCing. I have tried to be really careful when MOCing, ensuring that I stick to their rules - this is really ****ing me off! :mad:

Button
13th February 2009, 09:00
This seller Dizneypixiedust very cleverly lists her auction as being NSS mocs which scan beautifully at Tesco!! However these mocs that she currently selling are for items which Tesco DO NOT STOCK so please do not buy unless you are using the mocs in a store which does sell the item.

I hate rouge sellers as much as the next person but my store definitely sells these - I bought some yesterday and ate them this morning. :D YUM!

Irishsmurfy
13th February 2009, 09:08
I hate rouge sellers as much as the next person but my store definitely sells these - I bought some yesterday and ate them this morning. :D YUM!

I'm happy to be corrected then Button - thank you!!! However I rang Tesco about these - using the product search number - and they told me that those items weren't stocked by Tesco so it sounds like you're lucky your store has them. I've bought from that seller before with no problems - but now they've put me on their "blocked bidders" list as they didn't want me to leave feedback. This was before they even reponded to my query on whether or not Tesco sold the items so it did make me very mad. I got a number of emails from them regarding the mocs - basically saying that their till operator allows them through so they must be fine - never actually answered whether or not the stores sell the product though!! I will now continue to avoid that seller though as I have lost trust in them - what with blocking me from bidding, and also the fact that they sell the internet Eukanuba mocs aswell - also telling people to use them in Tesco (even though they are also a member on here who knows that these can't be redeemed by Tesco).

Button
13th February 2009, 09:27
I must admit Irish that I am only talking about the Only Oats, don;t actually know about the other 2 so you could be right on those ones.
I am so mad about these sellers - they care nothing about anyone else or the long term life of MOCs!! :mad:

angelic
13th February 2009, 09:58
If anyone has bought dodgy doctored coupons / fakes etc please report to Ebay and please leave appropriate feedback to warn others.
Also mark down the star rating on description as a far enough drop on star ratings will facilitate removal of the seller from Ebay.

Ebay will respond if they get enough complaints about a seller, but sometimes it takes time.

Please also report the seller to the Trading Standards office in their area - easy to find via Google and offer to send the coupons purchased.
It is an offence to sell dodgy coupons and TS can and will take action.

Anyone selling on Ebay and declaring themselves as a Business Seller has to abide by additional trading rules - DSR's.
Not declaring as a Business Seller, but obviously trading as a business is very risky too.

mummum123
13th February 2009, 10:06
I am really really gutted and mad about this. This seller, who is not a member on here :rolleyes:....... lives about 20 miles away from me. I have a reasonablly MOC friendly store in my town that I believe this seller travels to - at least the member on here who says she is not the seller on Ebay, travels to and uses my store! Well, I can surely wave bye bye to my days of MOCing. I have tried to be really careful when MOCing, ensuring that I stick to their rules - this is really ****ing me off! :mad:

Now correct me if I am wrong and by the sound of it I have missed a thread where this has been discussed before but they deffo are a member on here

scroll up to see pokerbabes confession

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?p=827130#post827130

Button
13th February 2009, 10:13
Hmmmmm! She has since said that these people selling on Ebay are not her! :confused:
Anyway,whoever it is can be sure that I, DH, DS and everyone else I know with an Ebay account will be reporting them. It is blatant fraud!
How can they be getting away with it?!

tyroleandancer
13th February 2009, 10:16
I posted this on the printable coupons thread
Please read

A polite warning:)
I have had to delete several posts today which I and the other moderators deemed to be a personal attack on another PTS member

By all means make us aware of Ebay sellers that are selling fake mocs but please please keep personal feelings about these people to yourself.
PTS is not the place to discuss personal details of these sellers
Names, adresses etc
Abusive posts towards another member may result in an infraction
Thank you

fuzzgun19
13th February 2009, 10:36

I've just reported this seller. This is the categories I used.. is this right?

>Banned Items >Items with face value(currency, coupons) >counterfeit currency.
Then I added this text in the box -

"sells 'doctored' coupons that are fake and this constitutes fraud."

pokerbabe
13th February 2009, 10:49
Now correct me if I am wrong and by the sound of it I have missed a thread where this has been discussed before but they deffo are a member on here

scroll up to see pokerbabes confession

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?p=827130#post827130

Actually its not a confession. Its a fact, I have never denied selling the eukanuba coupon. I would suggest you catch up on the threads you have missed, before you go acting detective lol and think you have found something out!!!

DaisyChain
13th February 2009, 11:09
Actually its not a confession. Its a fact, I have never denied selling the eukanuba coupon. I would suggest you catch up on the threads you have missed, before you go acting detective lol and think you have found something out!!!

I think what was established on the missed threads is that you say you are not pokerofaces but that people who have bought on Ebay from you have evidence that you shared a PayPal address with pokerofaces and you have chosen not to explain that point and the apparent connection between you.

I hope I've summed it up correctly

jamsandwhich
13th February 2009, 21:35
I think this is another one to report - I have already.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326620880

mummum123
14th February 2009, 07:58
I think what was established on the missed threads is that you say you are not pokerofaces but that people who have bought on Ebay from you have evidence that you shared a PayPal address with pokerofaces and you have chosen not to explain that point and the apparent connection between you.

I hope I've summed it up correctly

Well I have looked back through and still see this as your confession however I am not going to give it any more attention as you seem to have had enough on this matter.

Sorry MOD's I hadn't realised the previous attack had happened to such severity, I was not attempting to attack anyone was merely pointing out that she had already stated that this was her, that was all.

Grace & Favour
15th February 2009, 11:59
I think this is another one to report - I have already.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326620880

Have you seen how many one buyer's bought!!!!!

Clicky (http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=150326620880&guest=1)

Gizmos
15th February 2009, 12:03
eeeeeek

mhoc
15th February 2009, 12:10

Clicky (http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=150326620880&guest=1)

The lady who bought 10 lots has also bought from the other seller chcikensandgeese or whatever her user name is, the seller who also sells other dodgy MOCs so she has lots of Glayva MOCs which wont scan. Some people will never learn.

The worst of this is that I recognize one name from the click list. I really have to email her and tell her that she has bought fakes but I am dreading this.

Twinks
15th February 2009, 12:23
Just felt I have to say that it is a true saying that "every dog gets it's day" - I am not saying that any of the sellers are "dogs" just that those who are selling fake MOC's are running the risk of being prosecuted and ending up with a criminal record as like Mr T being a member on many sites like this there will also be manufacturers searching E-Bay when the supermarkets try to claim their money back.

Please anyone who is a member of PTS and selling coupons which they shouldn't - have a conscience - you will spoil it for everyone including yourself as when the supermarkets stop these coupons no-one will buy from you.

Grace & Favour
15th February 2009, 12:32
Gillian - - you are quite right in what you say - - however, I feel that your recommendation will probably fall upon deaf ears . .

The sellers whom are selling fakes know that they are doing wrong, but simply don't care . . for their greed suggests that their "I'm alright Jack' approach means that they only care about their own pocket - and not the situation of the hard-up buyers whom are desperately trying to make their money go a little further in these difficult times, not realising (until too late!!!!) that they've been conned, and ripped-off.

Twinks
15th February 2009, 12:37
Gillian - - you are quite right in what you say - - however, I feel that your recommendation will probably fall upon deaf ears . .

The sellers whom are selling fakes know that they are doing wrong, but simply don't care . . for their greed suggests that their "I'm alright Jack' approach means that they only care about their own pocket - and not the situation of the hard-up buyers whom are desperately trying to make their money go a little further in these difficult times, not realising (until too late!!!!) that they've been conned, and ripped-off.

Totally agree with you but just felt that I had to say it - I don't use many coupons (still to scared for a knockback) but know that some people do and do so correctly and why not - but to see sellers abusing the system just make me really angry.

What I would like to know is do these sellers use the fake coupons in the supermarkets??????

DIVA1977
15th February 2009, 12:51

:nono: 2 PTS'ers i can spot there having bought these even with threads like this. They should be really ashamed of themselves

Gizmos
15th February 2009, 12:54
maybe they dont read the threads ? not everyone reads everything - in fact I bet 99% of people dont read everyting

Irishsmurfy
15th February 2009, 13:09
maybe they dont read the threads ? not everyone reads everything - in fact I bet 99% of people dont read everyting

I'm probably one of the 1% who try to read everything!!

Mind you - my "ebay seller to avoid" seems to be following me around PTS at the moment and quoting all my posts that I've made re them (back to me) via ebay messages :confused: If they are that concerned with posts that I make about them couldn't they just pm me on here to discuss like adults or would that mean giving away their PTS user name and they prefer to hide behind their ebay user name instead??

:wave: if you're reading this post too Dizneypixiedust

Gizmos
15th February 2009, 13:21
why not report them to ebay for cyber stalking

still sad if PTS'ers try to rip each other off

Grace & Favour
15th February 2009, 13:22
Well said Irish!

DIVA1977
15th February 2009, 13:22

Yup i certainly dont read most of the threads. However most of us read what is relevant to us. So if you buy sell on ebay you'd think people would read threasd such as this.

Otherwise they are knowingly buying fakes and taking the risk as the rewards are high whilst they last.

In this case a single coupon worth £6 which is being sold for pennies as internet print off

angelic
15th February 2009, 13:43
:nono: 2 PTS'ers i can spot there having bought these even with threads like this. They should be really ashamed of themselves

I would agree not everyone reads everything, but I bet there can't be many members / lurkers who don't read any of the MOC threads.

So many times while on there, you will see names at the bottom of MOC threads also viewing and there are usually more lurkers than regs.

I don't think any regular member could fail to have read about doctored / copied etc MOC's on Ebay so to be still buying them really is inexcusable and is as bad as those PTSers known or alleged to be selling them :mad:

sullieb
15th February 2009, 14:07
I don't think any regular member could fail to have read about doctored / copied etc MOC's on Ebay so to be still buying them really is inexcusable and is as bad as those PTSers known or alleged to be selling them :mad:

This is why the sellers will continue to sell....supply and demand because buyers will continue to buy. For every fake seller, you will have at least one,, buyer who uses them knowing that they are fake but are still happy to get money of their shopping.

Unfortunately, some people don't seem to look past the end of their nose. Yes they might get their shopping cheap this week/month using fake Mocs but what about when Tesco stop the Moc usage altogether?

mhoc
15th February 2009, 14:12
Also (a bit off topic) but people should really not have the same usernames for everything esp PTS, Ebay and paypal - Mr t stalks PTS on a regular basis so if he can find you on PTS, he can also find what you have bought or sold on ebay. And if you have bought fake £6 MOCs and been using them with your clubcard all the info can be tied together.

I dread to think but I assume some people are using the same password for all three as well.

:focus:

clematis45
15th February 2009, 14:14
to be honest you dont really have to have read the thread on here to know that the airwick moc & eukabana coupon are not legit. i didn't read the fake coupon/ ebay seller thread til yesterday as i don't buy coupon from ebay, but being a regular coupon user i know that these coupons are a big NO NO :nono:
the airwick one was stopped by tesco & it was only available for a short time. there are enough posts on the printable coupon thread month after month about using copied coupons & coupon misuse that no ptser should have any excuse for using these 2 coupons in tesco.

krisskross
16th February 2009, 16:35
there is an article in the Daily Mail today about the widespread use of fake coupons. Don't think I shall bother for much longer, would just like to use what I have.

Grace & Favour
16th February 2009, 16:47
there is an article in the Daily Mail today about the widespread use of fake coupons. Don't think I shall bother for much longer, would just like to use what I have.

Do you think it's worth the risk of being questioned at the checkout Kriss . . . .??

If I were you - I'd stop now! (if you feel you have any fake coupons at all . . . that is. . )

mnc123
16th February 2009, 21:22
Hi,

Does anyone know if these are fake or pukka? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coupons-Vouchers_W0QQitemZ120378632635QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item12037 8632635&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18 (Sorry about the link can't get it any shorter!)

Someone bough 4 lots that's 120 £1 moc's surely these can only be used in T's for Actimel?? (Which is what I buy two packs of every week anyway, but 120!!) :eek:

charlie123
16th February 2009, 21:44
Hi,

Does anyone know if these are fake or pukka? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coupons-Vouchers_W0QQitemZ120378632635QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item12037 8632635&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18 (Sorry about the link can't get it any shorter!)

Someone bough 4 lots that's 120 £1 moc's surely these can only be used in T's for Actimel?? (Which is what I buy two packs of every week anyway, but 120!!) :eek:

the last time these were about they did actually scan on anything( think i have seen this listing on ebay) so this maybe why someone has bought them. think they should be tesco specific though. Had a few of similar ones around xmas, scanned on anything first week then was blocked. Or they love actimel:)

mnc123
17th February 2009, 10:10
the last time these were about they did actually scan on anything( think i have seen this listing on ebay) so this maybe why someone has bought them. think they should be tesco specific though. Had a few of similar ones around xmas, scanned on anything first week then was blocked. Or they love actimel:)

So if these are genuine I presume they have come from the Pharmacy 'Winter Packs' which I have read about? I presume they will still work if buying the product which I was intending to use them for anyway?..... I love Actimel but not that much! :D

mhoc
17th February 2009, 10:17

Yes I saw these listed and was very tempted but with the current uneasy situation with MOCs I didnt make a bid. If thye had put smaller lots, say £10 or £20s worth with a BIN price that would ahve been much better. Possibly someone who works in a certain store who wanted to off load them ASAP.

I was hoping it was a PTS who might put a few on their lists - always worth trying a few and I actually do buy actimel.

Grace & Favour
17th February 2009, 10:31
Hi,

I think fiona is in for a nasty shock when she tries to use 120 of them against anything but Actimel in tesco . . . . .

They are product specific (you certainly have to buy Actimel)

angelic
17th February 2009, 11:06
I think fiona is in for a nasty shock when she tries to use 120 of them against anything but Actimel in tesco . . . . .

They are product specific (you certainly have to buy Actimel)

I hope Fiona isn't counting her chickens before they have hatched (excuse the pun ;))

I may be wrong, but there looks like there could another family with an Ebay connection - the clues are there ;)

Grace & Favour
17th February 2009, 12:30
I hope Fiona isn't counting her chickens before they have hatched (excuse the pun ;))

I may be wrong, but there looks like there could another family with an Ebay connection - the clues are there ;)

I had come to the same conclusion - that the connections are geesing the wheels of home printing (one could say)

mhoc
17th February 2009, 12:34
So possibly these are copies of the Actimel ones from last year with a doctored expiry date ???? They were in the shape of the bottle but had printing on two sides and scanned against anything. Or are we assuming ??? Mind you if there was a current and valid Actimel £1 available from the pharmacy it would be big news and everyone would know about it ???

mhoc
17th February 2009, 12:36
Just had another thought, perhaps this is the way around this to prevent hoax MOCs, for food manufactuers to go back to putting MOCs onto the actual wrappers as there used to be a great deal more of - these must be far more difficult to copy. So a shopper actually has to buy a product to get a MOC for her next purchase

Grace & Favour
17th February 2009, 12:43
Just had another thought, perhaps this is the way around this to prevent hoax MOCs, for food manufactuers to go back to putting MOCs onto the actual wrappers as there used to be a great deal more of - these must be far more difficult to copy. So a shopper actually has to buy a product to get a MOC for her next purchase

Mmmm - in truth it can cause logistical problems for the distribution teams - and producing limited edition labels is quite an expensive exercise ( certainly dearer than short-run coupons)

. . and, of course, an accomplished printer can still copy them.

The major benefit of individual coupons is that they can be handed out to prospective customers in-stores, shopping centres, or even by direct mail, and thus the manufacturer can (hopefully) persuade one to buy their brand of dishwasher tablets instead of their competitors

But I do understand where you're coming from mhoc . . . and you're right to believe that the industry in general will tighten up

fuzzgun19
17th February 2009, 13:18
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coup (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coupons-Vouchers_W0QQitemZ120378632635QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU %20K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item12 037%208632635&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|6%206%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3 A1318)
Well, they look real to me.
The Actimel ones that were out last year were different to this, and they were not designed as a 'little leaflet' with 2 parts IYSWIM.

Wether they will scan on anything, I don't know.

mhoc
17th February 2009, 13:25
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coup (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Coupons-Vouchers_W0QQitemZ120378632635QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU %20K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item12 037%208632635&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|6%206%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3 A1318)
The Actimel ones that were out last year were different to this, and they were not designed as a 'little leaflet' with 2 parts IYSWIM.

These do look OK but the ammount they have been selling/have for sale is worrying. They have also had Cobras and sanex for sale recently.

angelic
17th February 2009, 14:15

I had come to the same conclusion - that the connections are geesing the wheels of home printing (one could say)

Glad I am not eggsactly alone in my thinking -
Fiona now seems to have passed the ducks.

Grace & Favour
17th February 2009, 14:39
Glad I am not eggsactly alone in my thinking -
Fiona now seems to have passed the ducks.

In the words of the ditty - - I'm feeling Lucky, lucky, clucky

(I'll get me coat)

northantblue
19th February 2009, 08:11
Cant believe it more airwick ones on ebay also check out the negative feedback.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-WORTH-AIRWICK-COUPON-6-X-5-VOUCHER-TESCO-ASDA-MOC_W0QQitemZ260364625736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item2603646257 36&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

perfectpeta
19th February 2009, 09:21
wasnt the seller of these also the buyer of loads in a previous post on here? , cant find it now though :(

perfectpeta
19th February 2009, 09:23

found it

looks very suss to me :rolleyes:

fuzzgun19
19th February 2009, 10:23
Cant believe it more airwick ones on ebay also check out the negative feedback.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-WORTH-AIRWICK-COUPON-6-X-5-VOUCHER-TESCO-ASDA-MOC_W0QQitemZ260364625736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item2603646257 36&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

More Eukanuba too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-vouche (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-voucher-nss_W0QQitemZ160311483955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1603114839 55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-WORTH-OF-GENUINE-EUKANUBA-COUPONS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-WORTH-OF-GENUINE-EUKANUBA-COUPONS-4-X-5-NOT-COPIES_W0QQitemZ150324133785QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503241 33785&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)

Are these the ones with 'doctored' dates?

Irishsmurfy
19th February 2009, 10:40
More Eukanuba too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-vouche (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-6-x-5-Eukanuba-voucher-nss_W0QQitemZ160311483955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1603114839 55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-WORTH-OF-GENUINE-EUKANUBA-COUPONS (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-WORTH-OF-GENUINE-EUKANUBA-COUPONS-4-X-5-NOT-COPIES_W0QQitemZ150324133785QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503241 33785&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)

I should be able to let you know in the next few weeks for certain. For some reason some people have bought these items from both these sellers and forwarded them to me (together with their transaction histories with ebay :confused:. I'm not sure if they are genuine or not so I have sent them to Eukanuba with a covering letter asking if they can confirm they are genuine as I haven't had the email myself with these new dates - so as soon as Eukanuba reply to me I'll keep you all posted.

Button
19th February 2009, 11:40
I should be able to let you know in the next few weeks for certain. For some reason some people have bought these items from both these sellers and forwarded them to me (together with their transaction histories with ebay :confused:. I'm not sure if they are genuine or not so I have sent them to Eukanuba with a covering letter asking if they can confirm they are genuine as I haven't had the email myself with these new dates - so as soon as Eukanuba reply to me I'll keep you all posted.

OMG!!! Do these people never learn? What will it take for them to stop!!!

angelic
19th February 2009, 13:27
More Eukanuba too!

First seller is allegedly related to Pokerbabe (her sister I think?) on here so maybe she can clarify for you Fuzz?

Second seller has rather a lot of Eukanuba coupons yet claims in her description that they are "genuine" and is obviously put out that he/she has competition.
As this seller is known to have sold a large quantity of fake Huggies coupons (see Ebay thread), so I would have my doubts.

angelic
19th February 2009, 13:31

I am sure Eukanuba will be very interested in your letter and the Ebay information.
Hopefully they won't take too long to reply, thanks for letting us know you will update when they do :)

Legal action maybe?

Grace & Favour
19th February 2009, 13:56

One of the most durable things in the world is Greed . . .

It takes a long time to slow down - and man has never made it go away
in fact - one could argue there is more greed now than ever before

the_kid
19th February 2009, 14:21
Another one to avoid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Money-Off-Vouchers-For-Supermarkets-Tesco-Etc_W0QQitemZ280312684281QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item2803126842 81&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

PLEASE NOTE, MOST OF THESE VOUCHERS ARE OUT OF DATE BUT, WE HAVE SO MANY THAT WE ARE SELLING THESE, WE ARE STILL USING THEM AND THE TILLS ARE STILL ACCEPTING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with some people?

angelic
19th February 2009, 14:37
Another one to avoid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Money-Off-Vouchers-For-Supermarkets-Tesco-Etc_W0QQitemZ280312684281QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item2803126842 81&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

PLEASE NOTE, MOST OF THESE VOUCHERS ARE OUT OF DATE BUT, WE HAVE SO MANY THAT WE ARE SELLING THESE, WE ARE STILL USING THEM AND THE TILLS ARE STILL ACCEPTING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greed knows now bounds and I would love to know how a seller could have so many OOD coupons??

Ouch....Fee avoidance - 99p start / £8.94 P+P :rolleyes::nono:

Grace & Favour
19th February 2009, 14:48
Greed knows now bounds and I would love to know how a seller could have so many OOD coupons??

I wonder if they've been 'acquired' from a local supermarket?

mhoc
19th February 2009, 14:55
Well some sellers are all heart, I had a reply back and the seller said he/she would do a 50p discount but only if I reminded them so that makes the postage only £8.44 :)

Interesting - this seller has four of these bundls all with the same postage. For devilment I em d the seller and asked if he would do a 50p postal discount if I bid and won all 4 :D

But seriously isnt Ebay cracking down on sellers who try to avoid fees by overcharging on postage - does anyone have a reporting link?

Very interesting list of items for sale this seller has

Grace & Favour
19th February 2009, 15:03
Interesting - this seller has four of these bundls all with the same postage. For devilment I em d the seller and asked if he would do a 50p postal discount if I bid and won all 4 :D

But seriously isnt Ebay cracking down on sellers who try to avoid fees by overcharging on postage - does anyone have a reporting link?

Very interesting list of items for sale this seller has

Report here (http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportItemMember&items=280312684184&seller=maxitmartialarts&active=1&state=1)
>Listing property breaches
> Circumvention of Ebay Fees
> Excessive postage

mhoc
19th February 2009, 15:10
Report here (http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportItemMember&items=280312684184&seller=maxitmartialarts&active=1&state=1)
> Excessive postage

Thanks for this, I would never have found it. I am beginning to wonder if we need an ebay sticky with the various links and directions for reporting ebay infringements - excessive postage, doctored MOCs and my particular annoyance people who c and p your photos and text, happened to me loads of times, so annoying.

Grace & Favour
19th February 2009, 15:11
Clicky (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/28-Money-off-Vouchers-Coupons-HAAGEN-DAZS_W0QQitemZ320338563248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ti ckets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item320338563 248) :eek:

red devil
19th February 2009, 15:54
Another one to avoid!

> Excessive postage

Been on and reported all 4 auctions. Thanks G&F for pointing us in the right direction.

It's disgusting how some sellers can get away with selling out of date and doctored printable coupons on ebay. It's no wonder stores are clamping down on coupon use. It's these type of sellers that ruin it for everyone else.

angelic
19th February 2009, 16:47
Reported here too before I posted.
If ever anyone wants to report an auction, there is a link at the bottom of every auction page ;)
Check seller's other auctions first so you can report the lot in one go - this seller has 4 auctions with same OOD MOC's :mad:

I have a lot of Ebay links saved in a folder which works great until Ebay change things and I have to try and re-find the link.

mhoc
19th February 2009, 18:39
Reported here too before I posted.
If ever anyone wants to report an auction, there is a link at the bottom of every auction page ;)
Check seller's other auctions first so you can report the lot in one go - this seller has 4 auctions with same OOD MOC's :mad:

I have a lot of Ebay links saved in a folder which works great until Ebay change things and I have to try and re-find the link.

me too! It will be interesting to see what happens next

DebbieE
19th February 2009, 22:46
Has anyone bought any of the Actimel ones & got them through yet?

DebbieE
19th February 2009, 22:47

Sorry meant to quote this in my last post :o

Mrs Lady C
19th February 2009, 23:31
Another lot to avoid!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326518394&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D150326518394%26_fvi%3 D1

Coupon-madder
20th February 2009, 00:21

Funnily enough I was shown one of these Actimel mocs today so I know these are genuine and from a current promotion.

It just so happened that I bumped into my friend whose daughter does a paper round...and she knows about my couponing and sometimes shares her spares with me (there are always some leaflets left over after the free paper delivery).

Anyhoo she only had one with her and was gonna test it today without buying Actimel, sadly I didn't see her after she had been thru the till so I don't know if it scanned. But I think it will because Actimel ones have done in the past (like the Spanish Choc ones from the GFS leaflet do, in spite of the Tesco logo).

All I can say is they are genuine and probably come from a newsagent or someone with a paper round. What I don't know is if they would scan without buying Actimel (and if they do scan this week they could always be blocked next week I suppose).

So there's nowt dodgy about them but there's a risk you'd have to buy Actimel every day to make them work, lol!

angelic
20th February 2009, 09:09
Another lot to avoid!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326518394&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D150326518394%26_fvi%3 D1

Seller has bought from Poker, Clucky and another known faker Kcoops so looks like he/she is re-selling the dodgy coupons and adding in their own HD's :mad:

Seller is within time to file a PayPal dispute against at least one of the sellers ;)

bootsalebargains
21st February 2009, 15:56
Just to let people know I received some coupons today from kimberley clark and instead of the 35 ones I got 1 x £2 & 3 x £2 and they have holograms on them now.

Button
23rd February 2009, 07:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/39-50-money-off-coupons-couponet-genuine-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ160317203791QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1603172037 91&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1696%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

angelic
23rd February 2009, 08:25
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/39-50-money-off-coupons-couponet-genuine-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ160317203791QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1603172037 91&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1696%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Contact info for Couponnet to report ;) Phone number is on right of page, unfortunately e-mail looks to only be to do with techie probs.

Dodgy sellers must think they can get around their auctions being seen by peeps on here by not putting manufacturer names in the title :rolleyes:

mhoc
23rd February 2009, 08:50

I cant see an expiry date for any of these MOCs :confused: Mind you the seller might make it up as she goes along.
Anyway I have emailed her for the current :D expiry date of them

Emmamed
23rd February 2009, 12:19
I cant see an expiry date for any of these MOCs :confused: Mind you the seller might make it up as she goes along.
Anyway I have emailed her for the current :D expiry date of them

maybe she can tell us the date on this thread, sure shes looking on here

Trolley Dash
23rd February 2009, 20:02
the actimel mocs from this seller (got2bagood1) do not scan as nss - so unless you want the actual actimel dont buy them
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Yogurt-Coupons_W0QQitemZ120378189685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item120378 189685&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

charlie123
23rd February 2009, 20:11
another seller to avoidhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-MONEY-OFF-COUPONS-6-2-1-1_W0QQitemZ330310009097QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ticke ts_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item330310009097&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gizmos
23rd February 2009, 20:27

Contact info for Couponnet to report ;) Phone number is on right of page, unfortunately e-mail looks to only be to do with techie probs.

Dodgy sellers must think they can get around their auctions being seen by peeps on here by not putting manufacturer names in the title :rolleyes:

http://www.couponstar.com/contact_us_general.php

you can report there - dont forget to put link to auction

Button
23rd February 2009, 21:01
Thanks

Trolley Dash
23rd February 2009, 21:22
the actimel mocs from this seller (got2bagood1) do not scan as nss - so unless you want the actual actimel dont buy them
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20x-1-Off-Danone-Actimel-8-12-Pack-Yogurt-Coupons_W0QQitemZ120378189685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item120378 189685&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

I emailed the seller and without any delay I was instantlly refunded into my paypal account - they said they hadnt realised themself that they wouldnt scan as nss. There are still some ood people in the world.

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 12:56

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reporting that Couponstar coupons are being sold on eBay,

We will look into this case as selling Couponstar distributed coupons is a breach of our client’s Terms & Conditions,

Once again thank you for your assistance and please let us know if you come across any Couponstar coupons being sold on eBay.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxx
Fraud Prevention & Detection Manager

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 13:09
also got this in reply

Hi,

Please pass on my email to any other users who would like to report coupon
fraud on eBay..

Thanks,

Sincerely

angelic
24th February 2009, 13:30
also got this in reply

Hi,

Please pass on my email to any other users who would like to report coupon
fraud on eBay..

Thanks,

Sincerely

Please can I ask if we need to e-mail direct to the person who has asked you to pass on their addy or just use the form in original link?

angelic
24th February 2009, 13:31
£6 Airwick coupon now with a six month extension to already extended doctored expiry date - expiry now August 09

110355781325 - seller very recently banned from here.

Ladyshopper
24th February 2009, 13:35
Jeez, they don't learn do they? Although how come nothing seems to be happening via ebay, surely with the amount of people reporting the sales the sellar should have been banned from there by now?

Georgie
24th February 2009, 13:58
Jeez, they don't learn do they? Although how come nothing seems to be happening via ebay, surely with the amount of people reporting the sales the sellar should have been banned from there by now?

Ebay just dont care. :( I am reporting away with the rest of you, but they keep being relisted and people are obvioulsy doing things like using new ID's which surely must make ebay realise that what we are all saying is true.

It's tantermount to saying 'sell counterfeit five and ten pound notes with our blessing'. :nono: But because it isn't actually the notes themselves they are doing a Pontius Pilate.

mhoc
24th February 2009, 14:01
I think couponet/couponstar will investigate so we all need to be reporting links and item numbers to them. Trouble is if they then go to Ebay, that is where things will ground to a halt.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reporting that Couponstar coupons are being sold on eBay,

We will look into this case as selling Couponstar distributed coupons is a breach of our client’s Terms & Conditions,

Once again thank you for your assistance and please let us know if you come across any Couponstar coupons being sold on eBay.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxx
Fraud Prevention & Detection Manager

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 14:41
http://www.airwick.co.uk/access/html/contactform3.html (Link to Airwick Contact Us Page)

Copy and paste text below

Can you please explain how your doctored coupons end up on ebay - there is a serious fraud going on and have reported to ebay but they are doing nothign about it - link attached

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110355781325&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D110355781325%2B %26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1[/url]

this person is making thousands from selling fake coupons

jamsandwhich
24th February 2009, 14:44
I couldn't get the link to open so went via the airwick site contact page and emailed.

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 14:47
Couponstar / Couponnet - Fraud Detection manager has confirmed we can give name out

izu@couponstar.com

Grace & Favour
24th February 2009, 14:48
I couldn't get the link to open so went via the airwick site contact page and emailed.

Copy and paste it into your browser JSandwich

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 14:49
be good if people cld say when reported

jamsandwhich
24th February 2009, 14:50
Copy and paste it into your browser JSandwich

Der - ta!!! (wish the baby brain would go away:o)

Have reported to airwick and couponstar - have also reported the airwick to ebay every time a new auction pops up but they still run to the end.

Grace & Favour
24th February 2009, 14:55
Couponstar / Couponnet - Fraud Detection manager has confirmed we can give name out

izu@couponstar.com

Cheers Giz:)

mhoc
24th February 2009, 14:58

izu@couponstar.com

So we can email this person direct if we spot any airwicks and dog foods ??? What do we put in the subject line?
Is it just these two that we are looking for in particular?

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 15:05
this is for the multiple print out of couponnet ones not airwick or Eukanbua

air wick use the other info i posted

working on Eukanuba - got to call at 330

navara
24th February 2009, 15:14
Should you all be highlighting this abuse considering the amount of posts on here about creating multisheets for printing off or am I missing something:confused:

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 15:14
Should you all be highlighting this abuse considering the amount of posts on here about creating multisheets for printing off or am I missing something:confused:

something that I have never advocated and have asked people to stop - again they take no notice

Mamzie
24th February 2009, 15:27
Did you mean to say stop instead of swap please Giz?

Gizmos
24th February 2009, 15:29
oops

Grace & Favour
24th February 2009, 15:49
oopsFreudian slip!:)

Grace & Favour
24th February 2009, 15:53

As far as I'm aware Navara - the only coupons that have been multi'd on PTS for quite some long while are the genuine internet non-restricted print ones . . (where the very fact that the retailers will only accept one of each coupon (if NSS) is sufficiently limiting)

Indeed, I will use coupons like this when I find them . . . .

clematis45
24th February 2009, 16:02
I was also under the impression that these are multi print coupons that are just fit onto one sheet, save wasting paper. not the print once coupons

navara
24th February 2009, 16:46
I was also under the impression that these are multi print coupons that are just fit onto one sheet, save wasting paper. not the print once coupons

The Yeo Valley coupon should be downloaded once per person so if you copy it then make a multi sheet, as I see it it's no different to what is being reported on ebay.But then i don't use MOC's very often so i'll just keep quiet

But then I've got two clubcards so maybe i am no angel:p

Grace & Favour
24th February 2009, 16:51
I was also under the impression that these are multi print coupons that are just fit onto one sheet, save wasting paper. not the print once coupons: correct!:)

clematis45
24th February 2009, 16:56
The Yeo Valley coupon should be downloaded once per person so if you copy it then make a multi sheet, as I see it it's no different to what is being reported on ebay.But then i don't use MOC's very often so i'll just keep quiet:rolleyes:

if the coupon is only downloadable once per pc then it is copied then you are correct in that it is no different ( ok maybe a little less servere since the airwick & eukabana coupons are for very large amounts) but i only use multiprint sheets to save paper and not to make fake/fraudulent coupons. furthermore i do not doctor them in anyway, which is what is happening on ebay.
just my opinion though :D

bootsalebargains
25th February 2009, 07:44
This seller airwick is back again
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-6-Airwick-coupon-voucher-NSS-TESCO-LONG-DATE-08-09_W0QQitemZ110355781325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tick ets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item11035578132 5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gizmos
25th February 2009, 07:46
This seller airwick is back again
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-6-Airwick-coupon-voucher-NSS-TESCO-LONG-DATE-08-09_W0QQitemZ110355781325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tick ets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item11035578132 5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

report it with the information given earlier but that link

bootsalebargains
25th February 2009, 08:05

I've just report 3 seller with these

Couros
25th February 2009, 09:45
Not fakes, but this seller is openly admitting using out of date mocs :mad:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/brazilsambaskills10

About 10 lots over the next few days, many of the mocs look like food show ones. The auction that finished last night had no bids, thankfully.

The price of postage is incredibly steep at £8.94, ebay might take more notice if they were reported for fee avoidence.

Gizmos
25th February 2009, 10:12

About 10 lots over the next few days, many of the mocs look like food show ones. The auction that finished last night had no bids, thankfully.

The price of postage is incredibly steep at £8.94, ebay might take more notice if they were reported for fee avoidence.

DONE

Grace & Favour
25th February 2009, 10:25
Done again, thanks Giz

mhoc
25th February 2009, 11:16

This looks like the one I reported the other day, so ebay are acting with their usual sense of urgency. I have reported again. I noticed one of his sales has got a 99p bid this morning and he has relsited the one that did not sell :mad:

mnc123
25th February 2009, 12:53

Also explains why I can never find any printer recycling envelopes....Cos this fooker has got them all and is selling them!!

heatherks
25th February 2009, 13:01
Also explains why I can never find any printer recycling envelopes....Cos this fooker has got them all and is selling them!!
never even seen 1 in our store ...also wonder where he also gets their moc's from

mhoc
25th February 2009, 13:06
never even seen 1 in our store ...also wonder where he also gets their moc's from

Trying to recognize some from the photos, seems to be Carte Dor and others from the previous Good Food Show, wonder what the £5 one is? He has a Cardiff location - I thought South Wales was a brilliant place for couponing?

I wonder if he has gone mad buying GFS from ebay before Christmas and over estimated how many he could use up? Hence the strange postal ammount, trying to recoup losses? Long way (and expensive) to go from Cardiff to Brum to go to the GFS himself?????

Grace & Favour
25th February 2009, 15:44
Trying to recognize some from the photos, seems to be Carte Dor and others from the previous Good Food Show, wonder what the £5 one is? He has a Cardiff location - I thought South Wales was a brilliant place for couponing?

I wonder if he has gone mad buying GFS from ebay before Christmas and over estimated how many he could use up? Hence the strange postal ammount, trying to recoup losses? Long way (and expensive) to go from Cardiff to Brum to go to the GFS himself?????

You're probably right mhoc - - my heart bleeds for him - - - which is why I too have reported him to Ebay again

Scumbag!

Mrs Lady C
25th February 2009, 18:12
Has anybody reported the other eight of these auctions that he has running?

Grace & Favour
25th February 2009, 18:14
Has anybody reported the other eight of these auctions that he has running?

:D:D

Grace & Favour
25th February 2009, 18:17
My reply from Airwick in regard to the Antrim Card-sharp is copied below

Thank you for your email regarding Airwick Coupons being sold on eBay.
We are aware of this issue and have reported the seller to eBay as they are not genuine coupons.
May I thank you for bringing this to our attention and recommend you report the seller to Ebay, as the more complaints received, the more likely it is that action will be taken against the seller.
We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible and thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.
Kind Regards Airwick

In turn I have replied to Airwick pointing out that if they report them to Ebay as forgeries - then eBay will take notice of them - and so will the Police, and they might also like to get in touch with Eukanuba and General Mills Ltd

mhoc
25th February 2009, 18:30
My reply from Airwick in regard to the Antrim Card-sharp is copied below

We are aware of this issue and have reported the seller to eBay as they are not genuine coupons.
May I thank you for bringing this to our attention and recommend you report the seller to Ebay, as the more complaints received, the more likely it is that action will be taken against the seller.
We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible and thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.
Kind Regards Airwick

In turn I have replied to Airwick pointing out that if they report them to Ebay as forgeries - then eBay will take notice of them - and so will the Police, and they might also like to get in touch with Eukanuba and General Mills Ltd

Trouble is that ebay are so slow to react.I dont suppse thye will move any faster when Airwick contacts them.
Of all the sales reported over the last week or so all the sellers and sales seem to be still running and in fact even more have appeared.
Have Airwick been told not only the usernames, sales numbers and address of the sellers

Gizmos
25th February 2009, 18:34
May I thank you for bringing this to our attention and for reporting the seller to eBay. We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible.
Kind Regards
Airwick

NOTICE

 Please Consider the Environment before printing this Email

This email was sent from within the Reckitt Benckiser Group plc group of companies. This email (and any attachments or hyperlinks within it) may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not entitled to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, disseminate or rely on this email in any way. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy it, and all copies of it.
We have taken steps to ensure that this email (and any attachments) are free from computer viruses and the like. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that it is actually virus free. Any emails that you send to us may be monitored for the purposes of ascertaining whether the communication complies with the law and our policies.

Couros
26th February 2009, 07:14
and another:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-00-glayva-voucher-coupon-28-02-09-10-00-worth_W0QQitemZ220368617703

Glayva prints.

In the past has sold Simple and Covent Garden (which they said were genuine) as well as Eukanuba prints.

Grace & Favour
26th February 2009, 08:30
and another:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-00-glayva-voucher-coupon-28-02-09-10-00-worth_W0QQitemZ220368617703

Glayva prints.

In the past has sold Simple and Covent Garden (which they said were genuine) as well as Eukanuba prints.

Heh heh - - who was the seller Couros?

"This listing (220368617703) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay."

Couros
26th February 2009, 08:52
Heh heh - - who was the seller Couros?

"This listing (220368617703) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay."

Interesting! Just looked in my history:

7209angela

She has feedback from the farmyard seller back in November, maybe she thought she'd get in on the bandwagon too?

If you check completed listings, you'll find the internet prints.

Gizmos
26th February 2009, 09:00
think we may know this person - might be one of our "old friends" too coincidental witha username like that
straight face please

Irishsmurfy
26th February 2009, 09:02
think we may know this person - might be one of our "old friends" too coincidental witha username like that
straight face please

Is a straight face the same as a poker face?? I play poker quite a bit now on Facebook - just as well they can't "see" my poker face really - they'd all know when I'd be bluffing!!

angelic
26th February 2009, 09:07
Interesting! Just looked in my history:

7209angela

She has feedback from the farmyard seller back in November, maybe she thought she'd get in on the bandwagon too?

If you check completed listings, you'll find the internet prints.

Well spotted Couros :)

Looks like another possible relation to Clucky - 7209angela to go with 6340fiona ??
Definite similarities between Clucky, Fiona and Angela .... mmmm!!

Sorry Giz and Irish, your posts (lol) went on while I was still typing :o

I think Poker is innocent (this time) as we are across the water back in good ole Blighty with this lot ;)

princesskerry
26th February 2009, 09:51
Am I right in believing these £5 Huggies mocs are dodgy too, I thought they were copies of an original voucher.
This person has 100% feedback and it looks like lots of these vouchers are being used frequently.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGGIES-voucher-for-sale-Grab-a-BARGAIN_W0QQitemZ190289602144QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item190289 602144&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

perfectpeta
26th February 2009, 10:50
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-x-6-off-coupons-for-airwick-freshmatic-kit_W0QQitemZ290298966603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item2902989666 03&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318 more airwicks

fuzzgun19
26th February 2009, 12:16
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/6/6/2/4/2/webimg/234281933_o.jpg

These are the Airwick ones that Pokerbaces sells.

Any comments?

Gizmos
26th February 2009, 12:59
the comment on them taht the coupon is traceable and yet the details ahve been removed ...........

Gizmos
26th February 2009, 13:00
also - I cant see the redemption address on it - can you let me know if its there?

navara
26th February 2009, 13:06
Good photo Fuzzgun at least no one can do a screen shot and print it off;)

Gizmos
26th February 2009, 13:13
anyone want to phone Valassis to check authenticity - I do know that there is a website you can go to to check coupon validity

angelic
26th February 2009, 13:14
It would be good if anyone had any other genuine coupon from Couponnet or whichever printable company this one came from originally so we could compare.

I don't often use printables, but sure there should be some sort of security coding which is obviously not there.
Whole coupon looks very "bare", sure there are other bits also missing?

Original Airwick £6 printable had expiry date of 26 10 08 - this one has now got yet another "newly doctored" expiry date :rolleyes:

fuzzgun19
26th February 2009, 13:15
also - I cant see the redemption address on it - can you let me know if its there?
There is no address, it just says "Send your coupons to Valassis within 90 days of the expiry date".

The expiry is 31/08/2009. :rolleyes:

angelic
26th February 2009, 13:20
anyone want to phone Valassis to check authenticity - I do know that there is a website you can go to to check coupon validity

Trading Standards would be a good point of contact - Fuzz's local branch can get in touch with the branch nearest the seller ;)

Is it coincidence that once again seller's Airwick MOC auction "ended early" today - her sister has then taken up selling the same coupon starting from today??

It wouldn't surprise me if one or other or both aren't reading all this :rolleyes:

fuzzgun19
26th February 2009, 13:33

Any comments?

I don't often use printables, but sure there should be some sort of security coding which is obviously not there.
Whole coupon looks very "bare", sure there are other bits also missing?

There is also no 'Unique tracking ID' on them.

So anyone who isn't familiar with mocs could easily be fooled.

mhoc
26th February 2009, 14:19
So beware of a sale without a photograph

mhoc
26th February 2009, 14:23
I think I've put this on the wrong thread but here is another one with new sales started last night. This one is from Birmingham and seems to have sold the dog food ones to green tea and also had dealings with the farmyardseller

Fatimabhikha ( 105

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/fatimabhikha

I have saved searches on ebay and get an email every day for "buy it now" coupon sales. I think it might also be worth having saved searches for HD,BC, Airwich etc

perfectpeta
26th February 2009, 14:43
but nothing fatimambhika is selling is fake . or is it?

well none of the ones they got left for sale i mean? they had airwick ones earlier though

mhoc
26th February 2009, 14:52
but nothing fatimambhika is selling is fake . or is it?

well none of the ones they got left for sale i mean? they had airwick ones earlier though

Yes they had two lots of £6 airwick last night so who is to say that they wont have airwicks again

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290298966603&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

They also have £1 yakult in vast quanties - not sure how legal these are

jamsandwhich
26th February 2009, 15:09

Would this website be for joe public or retail /manufacturer use?

Grace & Favour
26th February 2009, 15:42
Would this website be for joe public or retail /manufacturer use?

It's a Manufacturer/retailer site jswich

fuzzgun19
26th February 2009, 20:46

Any comments?
Pokerbaces is asking me to return these for a refund...!

What are my options?

Georgie
26th February 2009, 21:54
Pokerbaces is asking me to return these for a refund...!

What are my options?

Send them to Trading Standards ?

jamsandwhich
26th February 2009, 21:58
Send them to Trading Standards ?

Or airwick giving the sellers details but omitting your own!

fuzzgun19
26th February 2009, 22:05
It's ok I've contacted both...

Should I just start a Paypal dispute, and will paypal ask me for proof they are fake?

jamsandwhich
26th February 2009, 22:11

Should I just start a Paypal dispute, and will paypal ask me for proof they are fake?

Haven't had to do it so can't help - sorry. I would have thought that you contacting trading standards and the company would be enough proof?

angelic
27th February 2009, 08:35

Start a PayPal dispute (Not as Described) and see what PayPal say to you.
Explain the coupons have been doctored etc and refer to seller's feedback.
As there are likely to have been previous complaints re this seller/her coupons, I doubt you would need to prove they are fake.
If you are asked to, come back and ask for help.

Good that you have contacted both Airwick and Trading Standards - no wonder the seller wants you to return them ;)

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 09:15
Ebay state I have to wait 10 days to start a dispute, but if I go through Paypal, it's giving me 2 options -

Copy of original, eg bootleg pirated copy, or photocopy.

or

Imitation, eg Counterfeit bag, clothing, watch.

Which should i choose, as it's a made up coupon. If i tick Imitation, will they ask for proof?

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 10:42
Trading Standards has asked me to send them the coupons, so good news there.

Grace & Favour
27th February 2009, 11:07
Trading Standards has asked me to send them the coupons, so good news there.

Excellent - - - so (I assume you have more than 1 coupon) - - you can send a couple to TStandards, still have a couple for Airwick - thus pleasing everyone - - (apart from The Card Sharp of course)

couponcrazy
27th February 2009, 12:03

Any comments?

this is what a current airwick coupon SHOULD look like, so presumably the older ones were similar(these were out last year I seem to recall)
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/5/2/2/1/0/webimg/234699033_o.jpg

jamsandwhich
27th February 2009, 12:10
I would have said it is an imitation and yes, the coupon is identical coupon crazy but for the value of £6 instead of £1.

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 12:13
Thanks.
I've filed a paypal dispute now, and it let me tick both 'Copy of Original', and 'Imitation'!

Trading standards were quick to reply, and i have had an email from Airwick stating they are fake.

couponcrazy
27th February 2009, 12:55
I would have said it is an imitation and yes, the coupon is identical coupon crazy but for the value of £6 instead of £1.

That's the whole point....it is NOT identical.
The ebay one is missing the Valassis code on the bottom right, the Personal Identification number at the top right, and the barcode also has a different number font.
There is no way that the retailer can redeem it,without a Valassis code, and no way to show where it came from, without the PIN.
The vendor should be locked up.

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 12:57
Paypal has asked me to RETURN the coupons to the SELLER!!!

What should I do now

A. Rogan has typed into paypal: Buyer has already been informed that a refund will be provided upon return.

And then she must have escalated it to a claim, as I didn't. Didn't know sellers could escalate - thought only the buyer could.

red devil
27th February 2009, 13:18
I would inform Paypal that the coupons are now in the hands of trading standards due to them being fake and fraud being committed by seller and ask them to get in touch with trading standards if they would like any more details.

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 13:51
I have just called paypal and after 12 minutes on hold got to speak to a Irish fella who told me I have to produce a document from Trading Standards, stating that they are in possession of the coupons.
... and it must be in the form of a letter.

mhoc
27th February 2009, 14:32
Interesting feedback page for greenleaves. I wonder what was said between erha nd the farmyardseller?

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=greenteaandredleaves&ftab=AllFeedback&item=260364625736&iid=260364625736&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:SFS&frm=1883

navara
27th February 2009, 14:51
Looks like our old friend Narly is unhappy too

angelic
27th February 2009, 15:07
I have just called paypal and after 12 minutes on hold got to speak to a Irish fella who told me I have to produce a document from Trading Standards, stating that they are in possession of the coupons.

I am sure Trading Standards will help with this one - please keep us updated - good luck :)

angelic
27th February 2009, 15:11
this is what a current airwick coupon SHOULD look like, so presumably the older ones were similar(these were out last year I seem to recall)
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/5/2/2/1/0/webimg/234699033_o.jpg

The comment under the bottom of the original Airwick printable is interesting ...

Void if
Copied, altered, reproduced, auctioned, sold, traded, transferred or assigned. Any such misuse or other misuse constitutes fraud.

No worries that the coupon has nothing on it to trace it back to the seller. That proof is all in the hands of Ebay/PayPal ;)

fuzzgun19
27th February 2009, 15:37
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-5-x-6-AIRWICK-voucher-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ15032915 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-5-x-6-AIRWICK-voucher-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ150329155664QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503291556 64&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)
Dear oh dear!!...

Irishsmurfy
27th February 2009, 16:01
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-5-x-6-AIRWICK-voucher-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ15032915 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-5-x-6-AIRWICK-voucher-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ150329155664QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503291556 64&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18)
Dear oh dear!!...

You've got to laugh at the poor seller though - have you seen the most recent feedback they've got??

"AVOID!!! These are not accepted in any Tesco store even though I bought the item" - obviously posted by a disgruntled purchaser

But the really funny part is the seller response to that negative feedback - "Why on earth did you think Tesco take these, they clearly say Pet stores!!"

How stupid does the seller think people are?? For goodness sake the sellers auction even states -

"These vouchers can be used in

Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose

(without purchasing the product)

The store must stock the item"

And even the listing of the auction reads: " £30 money off coupon 5 x £6 AIRWICK voucher TESCO NSS "

Do these sellers really believe that people reading the feedback won't see what I've just pointed out?? I hope the buyer has reported this item to ebay as the auction definately states Tesco as accepting them in the title and the body of the advert!!

Mrs Lady C
27th February 2009, 16:01
Dear oh dear!!...

She just don't give up does she, she must have balls of steel. :mad::mad::mad:

mhoc
27th February 2009, 16:33
Dear oh dear!!...

Have you looked at the feedback

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seriouslyvintagesales&ftab=AllFeedback

The advert said "accepted in some supermarkets" nothing about pet stores. Someone ought o em this retrofly person and actually tell her what she has bought and from whom

sullieb
27th February 2009, 16:59
Something else perhaps worth mentioning. If people just check out who is currently reading this thread when they are about and look for names that crop up but don't post on here as I am pretty sure that the sellers will be back with new names to watch our every move!

I have been reporting these fakes for months and Ebay just are not interested. I really hope that these companies are doing more than just hitting the report button on Ebay or I fear nothing more will be done to stop them.

It worries me how much demand is still out there for these fake coupons though because it is only supply and demand keeping these going.

mhoc
27th February 2009, 17:13
Something else perhaps worth mentioning. If people just check out who is currently reading this thread when they are about and look for names that crop up but don't post on here as I am pretty sure that the sellers will be back with new names to watch our every move!

I have been reporting these fakes for months and Ebay just are not interested. I really hope that these companies are doing more than just hitting the report button on Ebay or I fear nothing more will be done to stop them.

It worries me how much demand is still out there for these fake coupons though because it is only supply and demand keeping these going.

Yes it always worries me as well, when I have a look at the ebay threads or the printed MOC threads and now the hoax MOC threads, how often there are lurkers who have never posted a single word on any thread. I think I might keep a list of any names I see. There is one lurking now who has been a member since June 2008.

I've had 2 of my sales taken down and this happened very quickly. Once I was selling an old work tie but the sale was taken down because old uniforms cant be sold for x number of years after the company no longer existed. I suppose it was logical really but its not a rule that very few people would know about and you would have to be in that particualar industry to know which companies still existed and which did not.. And needless to say there were at least 6 other sales going at the time selling old uniform ties and ebay did not close these sales.

Grace & Favour
27th February 2009, 17:24
Yes it always worries me as well, when I have a look at the ebay threads or the printed MOC threads and now the hoax MOC threads, how often there are lurkers who have never posted a single word on any thread. I think I might keep a list of any names I see. There is one lurking now who has been a member since June 2008.

I've had 2 of my sales taken down and this happened very quickly. Once I was selling an old work tie but the sale was taken down because old uniforms cant be sold for x number of years after the company no longer existed. I suppose it was logical really but its not a rule that very few people would know about and you would have to be in that particualr industry to know which compaines still existed and which did not.. And needless to say there were at least 6 other slales going at the time selling old uniform ties and ebay did not close these sales.

I bet that 'railed' you mhoc!:D

the_kid
27th February 2009, 19:12
Interesting feedback page for greenleaves. I wonder what was said between erha nd the farmyardseller?

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=greenteaandredleaves&ftab=AllFeedback&item=260364625736&iid=260364625736&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:SFS&frm=1883

chickenducksandgeese feedback from greenleaves!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=chickensducksandgeese76&ftab=AllFeedback

mhoc
27th February 2009, 19:14
I bet that 'railed' you mhoc!:D

About the same time I'd reported a seller for doing a direct copy and paste of one of my listings - as always it had taken a few days and a few reports to get ebay to take notice and take action. I had let the other seller know before reporting him to give him a fair chance - I know now that doing the polite thing is not always the correct thing.
And then the tie sale was taken off, not a coincidence I think so the other seller must have know the obscue rule about old uniforms

:focus:

the_kid
27th February 2009, 19:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-x-walls-micro-sausages-1-off-coupons-vouchers_W0QQitemZ280317508976QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item28031 7508976&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I knew it wouldn't be long before these hit ebay! I haven't bothered printing this one off as it is so big and not worth the hassle of reducing it by tampering it for the sake of £1! Also, strictly speaking, it is not for use by joe public.

clematis45
27th February 2009, 19:17

why not just photocopy the coupons sent to you to send them back to the seller, surley they wouldn't know the difference lol:cool:

janedoe
27th February 2009, 19:58

I've had 2 of my sales taken down and this happened very quickly. Once I was selling an old work tie but the sale was taken down because old uniforms cant be sold for x number of years after the company no longer existed. I suppose it was logical really but its not a rule that very few people would know about and you would have to be in that particualar industry to know which companies still existed and which did not.. And needless to say there were at least 6 other sales going at the time selling old uniform ties and ebay did not close these sales.

If you read the Ebay forum at all, they have a team of ebayers that sit at home most of the time policing the listings to see what they can report just few examples - DVD's ( copies that have come in from Maylasia) and also handbags that one is a biggy and most of these people know the rules inside out and it could have been someone that's jealous that you have something that might prove more valuable than they have.

princesskerry
27th February 2009, 22:55
Another 10 of these fake airwicks have been sold.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-money-off-coupon-5-x-6-AIRWICK-voucher-TESCO-NSS_W0QQitemZ150329155664QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tic kets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item1503291556 64&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Gizmos
28th February 2009, 08:51
Anyone have email address for ebay

icho
28th February 2009, 09:19
i'm lurking but only to update on mocs before i have peep on ebay so i know honest ones [i hope]

navara
28th February 2009, 09:24
:wave:
i'm lurking but only to update on mocs before i have peep on ebay so i know honest ones [i hope]

Grace & Favour
28th February 2009, 10:58
Anyone have email address for ebay

Here's a link for their email webpage Giz (linky (http://support.ebay.co.uk/cgi-bin/ebay_uk.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=qGHppBrj&p_eb_segment=TBA&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yNDcmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfc GFnZT0x))

Irishsmurfy
28th February 2009, 13:13

My oh my !!!

I emailed the seller earlier to find out if these mocs are stocked by Tesco and received no reply. However after checking that they are stocked at Waitrose I thought I would buy a set as I use mocs in there. Lo and behold the seller has blocked me from buying any mocs from them!!! Now come on - is that a guilty consience or what??? Must be frightened of possible feedback or am I just paranoid??

So please people - avoid like the plague - Dizneypixiedust !!!

I'm happy to be corrected then Button - thank you!!! However I rang Tesco about these - using the product search number - and they told me that those items weren't stocked by Tesco so it sounds like you're lucky your store has them. I've bought from that seller before with no problems - but now they've put me on their "blocked bidders" list as they didn't want me to leave feedback. This was before they even reponded to my query on whether or not Tesco sold the items so it did make me very mad. I got a number of emails from them regarding the mocs - basically saying that their till operator allows them through so they must be fine - never actually answered whether or not the stores sell the product though!! I will now continue to avoid that seller though as I have lost trust in them - what with blocking me from bidding, and also the fact that they sell the internet Eukanuba mocs aswell - also telling people to use them in Tesco (even though they are also a member on here who knows that these can't be redeemed by Tesco).

I'm probably one of the 1% who try to read everything!!

Mind you - my "ebay seller to avoid" seems to be following me around PTS at the moment and quoting all my posts that I've made re them (back to me) via ebay messages :confused: If they are that concerned with posts that I make about them couldn't they just pm me on here to discuss like adults or would that mean giving away their PTS user name and they prefer to hide behind their ebay user name instead??

:wave: if you're reading this post too Dizneypixiedust

Hi everyone

Apology time from me to the ebay seller dizneypixiedust :o

Some of you may remember me saying to avoid this seller as they were selling Whites NSS coupons and saying to use them in Tesco. Having checked with both Whites and Tesco I can now confirm that the Whites products are only stocked by Tesco in their Northern Ireland stores - but not in England, Scotland or Wales. Whilst I still don't agree with the description of the mocs being ok to use in Tesco (my store will only take if stores in mainland Britain stock the item) I can no longer say they are not stocked in the UK as obviously Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

I think (actually I know) I was also slightly biased against this seller as they were also selling Eukanuba coupons which they descibe as being accepted wherever Eukanuba stocked. Now we all know that even though Tesco stock the item (well some stores do) they can't redeem the coupons as they are not "official" Eukanuba stockists.

Even though I can't say I agree with the Eukanuba coupons being sold like this - I can now confirm that the mocs this sellers is selling on ebay are 100% not copies/downloads or printed like the other sellers on ebay. They are in fact genuine original mocs which are from Eukanuba marketing. (I didn't know this before as I'm a blocked bidder on their auctions!!).

SO - I apologise for putting Dizneypixiedust name on the seller to avoid list - I might not agree with the wordings of their listing of their auctions but they at least are not selling copied coupons.

mhoc
28th February 2009, 15:23
And needless to say ebay did not pull these despite several of us reporting them and the sales finished yesterday :(

A few days ago I emailed the seller of these regarding which stores accept these and got this reply

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ibby126_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Yes all supermarkets take these vouchers, including Tesco. I have checked if they work at 2 Tesco stores and they do, so there shouldnt be any problems in redeeming these.

Well yes I suppose he could have used them quite a long while back - I shoudl really have asked if hed used them recently

charlie123
28th February 2009, 15:46
Just wondering if these are the new huggie mocs with the hollogram on them? may stop the fakes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Huggies-Nappies-Coupons-value-6_W0QQitemZ250381246956QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ticke ts_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item250381246956&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Grace & Favour
28th February 2009, 15:51
Just wondering if these are the new huggie mocs with the hollogram on them? may stop the fakes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Huggies-Nappies-Coupons-value-6_W0QQitemZ250381246956QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ticke ts_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE?hash=item250381246956&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Oh - -why would anyone pay £5 for £6 of coupons!!! (and run a 'risk' that they may not be genuine - - just to save a £1?):der:

Grace & Favour
28th February 2009, 15:52
A few days ago I emailed the seller of these regarding which stores accept these and got this reply

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ibby126_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Yes all supermarkets take these vouchers, including Tesco. I have checked if they work at 2 Tesco stores and they do, so there shouldnt be any problems in redeeming these.

Well yes I suppose he could have used them quite a long while back - I shoudl really have asked if hed used them recently

Or (heaven forbid !) - he may just be telling porkies?

Nah - - he's selling on eBay - they must be genuine!:)

Emmamed
28th February 2009, 18:22

they look like they have the hollogram on them.

Emmamed
28th February 2009, 18:25
Oh - -why would anyone pay £5 for £6 of coupons!!! (and run a 'risk' that they may not be genuine - - just to save a £1?):der:

for ppl who just use the moc on the actual product they probably think £1 saving better than nothing. before i got into moc i once brought £90 pampers for about £80 as needed the nappies for LO

perfectpeta
1st March 2009, 14:21
greenteaandredleaves is now banned from ebay :D

just waiting for the umpteen other names they go under aswell :rolleyes:

andylaine
1st March 2009, 15:21
greenteaandredleaves is now banned from ebay :D

just waiting for the umpteen other names they go under aswell :rolleyes:

:clap2:

I was doing my usual search for listings to repost last night and couldnt find them so did wonder if ebay had finally done something about it.

wonder what the next incarnation of the sellers name will be - eatsshootsandleaves maybe?:rolleyes:

mhoc
1st March 2009, 15:55
Someone has made a new friend

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seriouslyvintagesales&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

Oddly I had a look at this persons things for sale and his items are located in Stoke on trent which he says is in the west Midlands - since when, SOT is in Staffordshire, a long way from the west Midlands ???

Gizmos
1st March 2009, 15:57
yeah and its the only private auction ....