PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody recommend a cheap, reliable courier?

Ragtimeplayer
3rd February 2009, 14:29
Have to send a box, roughly 5kg in weight to the other end of the country. Think it will cost me an arm and a leg at postoffice so need a courier. I haven't used one before so any recommends would be very helpful :)

spareshoe
3rd February 2009, 14:35
Hi Ragtime, have you checked at the post office, as online it shows upto 6kg parcels 9.30, not sure of costs of other couriers sorry

baconbap
3rd February 2009, 14:46
Someone my oh works with, he uses parcel2go.

mum1964
3rd February 2009, 14:58
I use interparcel via quidco, think you get about 35/50 p in cash back. They have a no of services think the cheapest is shl at 5.99 if you put in details then it gives you several time delivery options, ie. 24/48/72 hours etc.

fuzzgun19
3rd February 2009, 15:23
Parcelforce 2 day service insured up to 150 with signature at the destination 5-6kg costs about 14.
You can track online too.

Ragtimeplayer
3rd February 2009, 15:53
Thanks for all the replies, reps left :)

YooHoo
3rd February 2009, 16:03
I've just had a parcel delivered to me which I bought off ebay. It was delivered by Interlink and was really impressed with it. I gave the seller my mobile number and got a few texts with updates. They didn't charge a huge amount for delivery.

potemgr
3rd February 2009, 16:18
Another vote for interparcel - always does the job for me and its pretty quick.

Grace & Favour
3rd February 2009, 16:38
As two previous posters have said - - use interparcel.co.uk, (via Quidco)
They are a courier 'Agent' and you choose which courier co (all the big ones are included), and which service you want - and are given a firm price too.

This company is ace - I've used them for years and they've never let me down

Ragtimeplayer
3rd February 2009, 18:36
I ended up going with parcel2go as I could get 5 cashback via cashbackkings when ordering through them. The parcel cost just under 8 so if I get the cashback, I will be laughing!

Waterfall
3rd February 2009, 19:32
I ended up going with parcel2go as I could get 5 cashback via cashbackkings when ordering through them. The parcel cost just under 8 so if I get the cashback, I will be laughing! I use parcel2go and find them really good. Their 2 day service arrives in a day. Fast friendly service IMO Fiver tracked on first order too with no problems :)