PDA

View Full Version : Buyer claims not to have received item

sunflower
2nd March 2009, 13:34
Have sold quite a few things recently, however one buyer claims not to have received item. All others posted that day have been received.

It is now 10 days since I posted and buyer is asking for a refund.

I guess I just refund them thru paypal, how do I go about getting my ebay fees refunded? Can I get my fees refunded? Sorry for dumb questions, but I have never had a shipment not arrive. Do they need to file a claim or do I just refund?

thanks for any advice.

Grace & Favour
2nd March 2009, 13:54
Did you send the item registered post / special delivery or by Courier. (do you have proof of posting / delivery?)
Did you insure the item?
Was it expensive?

If the answer is no to all these - - then you and the buyer need to log with ebay that the item was not delivered, and that you are refunding . . ebay should then refund your charges . . All the detailed information regarding the above process is on eBay's FAQ's.

angelic
2nd March 2009, 14:10
I addition to G&F's questions -

Ask buyer to check with local Sorting Office (or you can phone yourself) in case the postie didn't put a note through door if buyer was out and the parcel is sitting there.

Royal Mail don't regard any UK items as "lost/missing" until 15 working days since date of posting.

Have you checked buyer's feedback for any indication buyer may have done this before? Worth also checking recent purchases which would not yet have received feedback IYSWIM ;)

sunflower
2nd March 2009, 14:22
Thank you both for information, I do have proof of posting but as it only sold for 5.50 I did not insure.

The feedback they have is ok.

I will ask them to wait another day just in case it turns up and then refund.

thanks again

mhoc
2nd March 2009, 14:30
Also after I've completed the PO form - think it has to be 15 working days - and then sorted the refund out I put as feedback

Sadly item not recieved by day xxxx , buyer refunded into payapl account

This is factually correct so i dont think anyone could object.

When you send you form off to the PO it can take up to 3 weeks for them to get back to you, dont forget to photocopy or scan everything.

angelic
2nd March 2009, 19:13
Thank you both for information, I do have proof of posting but as it only sold for 5.50 I did not insure.

The feedback they have is ok.

I will ask them to wait another day just in case it turns up and then refund.

thanks again

If you are refunding a PayPal payment, assuming your buyer paid that way - go to the original PP transaction page and at the bottom you will see a Refund link.
Click to refund payment from there and you will receive your PayPal fees paid on receipt of the payment back ;)

Don't forget to file an Unpaid Item form - although buyer paid, you need to do this as you are/will be refunding - in order to reclaim your Ebay Final Value Fees.

If you need any further help, just come back and ask as there will always be someone here to help :)

janedoe
2nd March 2009, 19:58
I don't think I would refund till the 15 working days passed and ask the buyer to check with the PO to see if it's waiting to be collected, if you have posted to Scotland sometimes these parcels take abit longer than normal delivery, don't know why but when I use to sell on ebay sometimes parcels to Scotland would take upto 2 weeks to arrive.

sunflower
3rd March 2009, 00:17
Again thanks for the advice,
rude email received tonight - part of it shown below - command of English is not very good.
Bearing in mind that today is day 10 - the first day that ebay allow a not received item to be registered. They did pay by paypal and I will do the refund thru paypal , I emailed back saying that a refund will be done thru the correct ebay/paypal channels. I have a funny feeling on this one that they did actually receive the item and are trying it on.

i,m ganna ask you for last time for refund ok no more just send me the refund.

kenziekoo
3rd March 2009, 00:20
ummm see what you mean looks a bit dodgy wots the feedback like?

sunflower
3rd March 2009, 00:48
ummm see what you mean looks a bit dodgy wots the feedback like?

Feedback is 100% - although 2 sellers do point out that they had not read the listing correctly. But no mention of asking for refunds before.

kenziekoo
3rd March 2009, 00:53
i would email back stating date item sent andd that you have proof of posting, say that you have contacted the post office and nothing can be done till 15 days so if still not arrived then you will refund at that time, at the end of the day you will get your money back from the post office so should be ok, you think if they were trying to pull a fast one might have done so with a higher value item

princessa
3rd March 2009, 09:35
Do you have to refund if you have proof of posting, or does paypal only accept a recorded/special number as proof?

Mrs Lady C
3rd March 2009, 10:07
When I first started selling on ebay I used to just send parcels without getting a receipt until I had a couple of people say they never received the parcel, I just told them I had proof of postage and to give it a couple for days as I was sure they would receive it, :rolleyes: I never heard back from them after that so I personally believe they were just trying it on. :mad::mad::mad:

angelic
4th March 2009, 15:11
Again thanks for the advice,
rude email received tonight - part of it shown below - command of English is not very good.
Bearing in mind that today is day 10 - the first day that ebay allow a not received item to be registered. They did pay by paypal and I will do the refund thru paypal , I emailed back saying that a refund will be done thru the correct ebay/paypal channels. I have a funny feeling on this one that they did actually receive the item and are trying it on.

i,m ganna ask you for last time for refund ok no more just send me the refund.

Woo, that is one unpleasant buyer :( I would suspect they did receive the item too....
If their message was sent to you via Ebay Messages, you can report it as basically they have threatened you which is not allowed :mad:

I hope you haven't refunded them....if you haven't, I would suggest you send a polite note saying you will be contacting Royal Mail to check on the mail security for their area as you are very concerned about non-delivery of the item ;)
This might just be enough for the parcel to turn up very soon ;)