PDA

View Full Version : Poll - What Day Do You Think Is The Best Day For An Auction To Finish On?

uklego
8th March 2009, 07:14
Hi all,
I am up really early on Sunday morning (I want to list a lot of ebay) and for a bit of fun I thought I would pose the following question -

What day do you think is the best day for you to finish your auctions on?Although I have inserted a poll you can explain your reasons as well.

I tend to go for 10 day auctions which I start on a Thursday night and finish 10 days later on a Sunday night at 8.30pm. I feel this gives me coverage over 2 weekends.

What about you?

Dominic
8th March 2009, 07:59
I haven't done much ebaying lately but I was exactly the same as you when I sold a lot on ebay. The 10 day auctions give maximum exposure and ending on a Sunday there are arguably lots of people watching, or at least, more people with time on their hands than any other night?

clematis45
8th March 2009, 08:00
I have not sold anything on ebay for about 18 months now, but when I did my auctions were the same as yours 10 listing to finish around 6.30 sunday evening. not a lot to do on a sunday nowt on the tv so more people looking, in saying that during the summer sunday's were terrible smost are either out for the day or just enjoying the nice warm eveings away from their computers.

princessa
8th March 2009, 09:49
I like to end big things the weekend after the 15th or the end of the month, when people have been paid. I only do 7 days.

angelic
8th March 2009, 10:15
I used to end auctions on a Sunday and about same time.

Due to so many peeps doing the same, if I was last minute bidding on anything on a Sunday night, I found it sooo frustrating as Ebay so often went on a go slow due to the immense traffic.

I changed to varying nights - always stayed with nights as more peeps are free to bid then as opposed to day time if at work and can't access Ebay.

If selling something which is likely to be attractive to overseas buyers, be sure to time your auction end to fit in with say US/Canadian times as far as possible ;)

amandaj67
8th March 2009, 10:16
I have always found thursday eve after about 8.30 good.

Friday through til monday i try to avoid, too many people out & about

I like to list for 7 days to try & include a weekend

HTH :)

DebbieE
8th March 2009, 10:19
A tip I heard was to list on a Thursday for 10 days then you get 2 weekends in on your auction & try to end on a Sunday evening around 9pm

mhoc
8th March 2009, 11:28
This is something that has always puzzled me as well but it looks like everyone is in agreement, start on a Thursday night and end 10 days later.
(So that means now that PTS will be quite on Thursday and Sunday nights as everyone sorts their ebay sales out :D )

But in the meantime we could start some sales tonight and do 7 day listings to finish next Sunday and then in the meantime list stuff on the turbo lister in readiness for Thursday night :D

A long while back when I listed childrens designer clothing I used to list up quite late at night, the idea being that it was mums buying the clothes and they had to put the kids to bed before hitting ebay.

I've always sold to overseas but getting the timing right for the US market is very difficult. I hardly ever get buyers now from Canada, Australia and NZ, I suppose our postal rates have gone silly now and the time difference does make things difficult.

Grace & Favour
8th March 2009, 11:50
I think it depends completely upon what it is you are trying to sell . .

If I am selling something 'commercial' (to be bought by a business) then I end it mid-afternoon Tuesday / Wednesday
If I'm selling something that's male oriented - then I may well choose Sunday Morning,

misscharlie
8th March 2009, 11:53
I used to sell volumes of clothing a few years ago. I found the best day as monday? Have no idea why, but seemed to sell more on mondays.

damu
8th March 2009, 17:55
sunday and monday ,early evenings seem to be the best times to end stuff ,

never list for 10 days , people get fed up waiting and go else where , 5 and 7 days are best .

Lunch times are also good as a lot of people at work can bid at lunch time assuming they havent been blocked by there IT department .

avoid fridays as people are normally busy or skint !!!

abbie star 123
8th March 2009, 18:18
im def a monday/tues lister. daytime is good for home mums to buy baby stuff avoid school run times (9 and 3) after eastenders on an evening and i avoid sundays as 1. too many listings and 2. its now carboot season :) and if nice weather most people are out for the day!