PDA

View Full Version : tesco clubcard deals vouchers

larabelle5
29th March 2009, 00:35
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is standard messaging for an ebay listing for Tesco Clubcard Vouchers? I recently listed some Tesco Clubcard Vouchers on eBay (worth x 4 in deals, etc). It was my first listing of this sort and had 'done my homework' as to wording - no refunds, choose deals carefully because some are issued with Clubcard holder's name on, etc.. Although I had a fair aoungt of interest I received one message asking 'what name would be on the deals vouchers'? Not sure where to go with this one... would appreciate your views. Many thanks

SimonJB
29th March 2009, 00:58
I sold some today and had the same question this morning. I checked their feedback and they seemed genuine so I told them the name. I sold the vouchers to another bidder who wanted 4 Drayton Manor tickets. My 28 vouchers face value sold for 49.99. 4 Drayton Manor tickets are currently selling for 70+ so it may be worth converting to Drayton Manor and selling the tickets.

bootsalebargains
29th March 2009, 16:58
Some people ask what surname if case it's the same as theirs so if asked for ID they have the same name
Also I bought some coupons which had the name Mrs Wong on and I had a bit of trouble using these

Georgie
30th March 2009, 18:00
Ive asked the name now as once I bought 80 quids worth of restaurant vouchers and the surname they came in was Asian and we aren't, so I felt it was going to be pretty difficult to pass ourselves off as such and ended up wasting whatever I paid for them.

I don't think it is an unreasonable question if it's from someone with decent feedback and they explain why they want it.

Grace & Favour
30th March 2009, 18:16
Some people ask what surname if case it's the same as theirs so if asked for ID they have the same name
Also I bought some coupons which had the name Mrs Wong on and I had a bit of trouble using these

I know - - I know - don't tell me - - you bought the Wong tickets!:)

bootsalebargains
30th March 2009, 18:20
I know - - I know - don't tell me - - you bought the Wong tickets!:)

That made me laugh. I never realised it could be read like that. Lol

Khufu
30th March 2009, 18:25
why didn't you just resell them if you were worried about using them?