PDA

View Full Version : Confused Re: Relisting Fees

VALM
29th April 2009, 10:13
Hi, I've only been selling on Ebay for a couple of weeks and have recently relisted some items. The Listing fee however is showing up in my Account activity already. Do I have to pay these upfront rather than when an item is sold?

linderella
29th April 2009, 10:22
You only need to pay your bill once a month so in answer to your question no, good luck with it.

fluffybunny2
29th April 2009, 10:30
Hi, I've only been selling on Ebay for a couple of weeks and have recently relisted some items. The Listing fee however is showing up in my Account activity already. Do I have to pay these upfront rather than when an item is sold?

yes, you pay them upfront.

what happens is, they add the fee to your account then refund you when it sells (but only on your first relist) . if your month ends before it sells you would pay it but the credit would come off the month after.

you only get one chance to get it refunded too. (if it doesnt sell on your first relist, you wont be refunded if it sells on your third attempt at selling it (ie, your second relist))

mhoc
29th April 2009, 10:56
Glad someones asked this because I have a similar question.

If you list something below the 99p free listing level and it does not sell, you then go onto list them again, is the relisting free again?

I am just thinking if you are selling something for under 99p you could just keep relisting it over and over again until it sells for no listing fee - is this correct?

fluffybunny2
29th April 2009, 11:13

If you list something below the 99p free listing level and it does not sell, you then go onto list them again, is the relisting free again?

I am just thinking if you are selling something for under 99p you could just keep relisting it over and over again until it sells for no listing fee - is this correct?

yes, if its under 99p, no fee

(anyone else seen the irritating 49p listings for "double clubcard points for life"? - i think theyve set it up to just relist and relist and relist......

mhoc
29th April 2009, 11:17
yes, if its under 99p, no fee

(anyone else seen the irritating 49p listings for "double clubcard points for life"? - i think theyve set it up to just relist and relist and relist......

Yes there is one seller who sells these and about 6 other BOGOF vouchers for theme parks etc and he has hundreds of these listed at a time which someone has said is very much again ebay rules but ebay dont seem to have noticed yet :confused:

So when you are doing a search - say you are looking under the coupons list, go into advance search and you can exclude this seller from your search list. Otherwise you loose patience and never find what you are looking for.

mhoc
29th April 2009, 11:19
[QUOTE=fluffybunny2;947024]yes, if its under 99p, no fee

(QUOTE]

So in theory you could list all the assorted rhubard and flotsam and jetsam that floats around your desk for 99p and just keep relisting until it sells. I think most of my wardrobe needs to go on ebay for 99p an item :D

fluffybunny2
29th April 2009, 11:30
i just put -double in my search :)

it then excludes all listings with theword double in it :)

it applies if you put a - before a word :)

VALM
29th April 2009, 13:37
I put some mens trunks on Ebay a couple of weeks ago as a multiple item lot as I had 4 lots of them. I sold one and relisted the lot again last week. I haven't sold any this time around so do I need to apply for a credit now?

Cheers. x

fluffybunny2
29th April 2009, 13:53
I put some mens trunks on Ebay a couple of weeks ago as a multiple item lot as I had 4 lots of them. I sold one and relisted the lot again last week. I haven't sold any this time around so do I need to apply for a credit now?

Cheers. x

multiple items aren't eligible I'm afraid.

from the help page:-

Requirements for Insertion Fee credit

This offer applies only to the Insertion Fee and not fees for options such as Bold or Highlight. After your relisted item sells, you'll be charged the applicable Final Value Fee .

You need to use the official Relist feature in order to receive the Insertion Fee credit.

The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the Insertion Fee isn't credited.

Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item don't qualify.

You need to relist the item within 90 days of the closing date of the original listing.

The starting price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.

You must use the official Relist feature in order to receive the Insertion Fee credit. Copying and pasting the content of the original listing into a new listing, for example, will not enable eBay to track that you are relisting the item and will prevent you from receiving the credit.

Both the original listing and the relisting must be in auction-style format.

Both the original listing and the relisting must be single-quantity (not multiple items).

The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If it did, the reserve price you set for the relisted item should not be greater than that of the original listing.

Qualifying unpaid items that are relisted and close successfully will receive a standard relist credit automatically if the item is relisted and sells. Read more about the unpaid item process.

If you originally listed the item during a promotion and your original Insertion Fee was lower than the Insertion Fee for your relisted item, you'll be credited for the lower of the two fees if your item sells the second time.

If you lower the start price when you relist your item, you won't receive a credit for any difference in Insertion Fees. This policy applies to listings where there are no bids and the start price change results in a different tier for Insertion Fee pricing.

Buy It Now and Classified Ad listing formats are not eligible to receive the relisting credit.

here - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/insertion-fee-credit.html

princesskerry
29th April 2009, 13:58
Sorry to jump on this thread, but as it was already bought up is there any way I can block all auctions by the people who list child goes free and BOGOF vouchers to everywhere etc as these too are everywhere and are so annoying. Thankyou.

VALM
29th April 2009, 14:03
Thanks fluffybunny. x

Emmamed
29th April 2009, 14:29

from reading this, can u list on ebay for free when the item starts at 99p or less??

mhoc
29th April 2009, 14:34
from reading this, can u list on ebay for free when the item starts at 99p or less??

From what I can figure yes you can they just bump up the final value fees. I think ebays theory was to get more people selling. What it has actually meant is a huge load of valuless tat that people are hoping to off load

Has anyone done the maths?

If you sell something for 99p with say 70p postage what are the final value and paypal fees together?

Is it better to sell something for say 1.01 and pay some listing fees upfront, final value fees as well ?

I am just wondering if there is some sort of magic figure

angelic
29th April 2009, 18:34
From what I can figure yes you can they just bump up the final value fees. I think ebays theory was to get more people selling. What it has actually meant is a huge load of valuless tat that people are hoping to off load

Has anyone done the maths?

If you see something for 99p with say 70p postage what are the final value and paypal fees together?

Is it better to sell something for say 1.01 and pay some listing fees upfront, final value fees as well ?

I am just wondering if there is some sort of magic figure

Far better to take the stuff to a car boot - no list fees/FVF/PayPal fees and best of all - no packing or taking parcels to the Post Office ;)

OK you have to pay for a pitch at a car boot, but in a day, you could sell a car load of stuff and have the proceeds in your hand immediately :)
Just work out how long it would take you to sort that amount to go on Ebay....

Personally, by the time you spend out on Ebay/PayPal fees plus your time, it absolutely isn't worth listing anything which is not going to sell for much ;)

99p item = Free listing
Item sells at 1.50 = 10% FVF = 15p
PayPal fee = 3.4% + 20p
Fee on 1.50 (plus 1.50 as example of P+P cost - 3 total) = 10p (rough maths!) = 20p standard fee = 30p PayPal fee

So your fees on item selling for 1.50 would be 45p to Ebay/PayPal - almost a scary 1/3 of the item value!!
Fees would be more if you sold the item outside the UK or if the P+P costs were above my 1.50 example!!