PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please

CAREY
5th May 2009, 10:08
I recently bid and won a cream dress in e-bay which stated originally cost 70 worn only once.
When the dress arrived, I can believe from the make that it would have cost 70 and it didn't have any wear and tear so I believe that it had only been worn once. Unfortunately what it did have was a red wine stain on it and what looks like fake tan stains around the arm holes! Neither of which were mentioned in the ad and won't wash out.
So the seller has not actually lied just omitted some facts. Is it my fault for not asking any questions or do you think I should leave negative feedback?
Your opinion would be appreciated

SuzyWoo
5th May 2009, 10:09
I would say you want to send it back, or get a dry-cleaning estimate and tell her. Would state you were not happy though, as the description 'only worn once' would certainly imply it should be in excellent condition imo.

DaisyChain
5th May 2009, 10:10
I wouldn't leave a neg until I'd contacted seller

IMO, these are significant 'faults' as its effectively unwearable. Presumably you don't want it in that condition so ask for a full refund or if you do want it ask for a partial one :wink:

fuzzgun19
5th May 2009, 11:45
Definitely contact the seller, and see what she says.

How much did you pay?

SUSIEQ
5th May 2009, 12:37
I have to agree with others here - this needs a contact with the seller as the first port of call. I do not think that you should have to ask whether the item is significantly marked - you should be able to tell all significant info from the listing, so I would expect the seller to have included the marks in her listing description. Personally when I sell anything on Ebay I tend to go overboard to make sure any imperfections of any item are both clearly stated and photographed. Nothing worse than someone getting something they do not expect.

Good luck :D

mhoc
5th May 2009, 14:16
Ditto. When I sell clothes I photograph all marks, load the photos onto photobucket and then insert them into my text. I have a pair of Miss Sixty jeans with a few wear marks but they must be design features because the jeans are almost new, not damaged in the usual places, hems and crutch.

It might be an idea to take photos of the damaged areas of the dress and upload them onto photobucket and then email the seller with the link - that is if the marks are visible on film

Not sure wether a dry cleaner would gaurantee to get all of the marks out - probally better to just cut loses and get a refund

angelic
6th May 2009, 12:59
I recently bid and won a cream dress in e-bay which stated originally cost 70 worn only once.
When the dress arrived, I can believe from the make that it would have cost 70 and it didn't have any wear and tear so I believe that it had only been worn once. Unfortunately what it did have was a red wine stain on it and what looks like fake tan stains around the arm holes! Neither of which were mentioned in the ad and won't wash out.
So the seller has not actually lied just omitted some facts. Is it my fault for not asking any questions or do you think I should leave negative feedback?
Your opinion would be appreciated

OMG, I can't believe someone would dare try and sell anything in this state??

Contact the seller first as others have suggested to see what she has to say - keep copies of all communication between you and only send your messages via Ebay.
Don't attempt to wash the dress as this could invalidate your claim.

If the seller isn't willing to help, file a SNAD dispute with PayPal and escalate it.
Follow all instructions PayPal give you and if you need any more help - come back and ask.

Please update us too :) How did you get on with your problem buyer who was wanting a refund the other month?

SuzyWoo
6th May 2009, 13:05
Please update us too :) How did you get on with your problem buyer who was wanting a refund the other month?
Please update us yes! :)

CAREY
14th May 2009, 10:36
Hi thanks all for you support. I spoke to the seller and explained not happy, returned the dress and got a refund. Nrext time I will ask more questions. Thanks

angelic
14th May 2009, 12:46
Good news, thanks for updating us :)

Still wondering what happened to your problem buyer wanting the refund whom you posted about some time ago?
Would love an update on that one please :)

SuzyWoo
14th May 2009, 14:07
Glad you got your money back - and please update on the other thing! ;)