PDA

View Full Version : item sold on ebay .recieved with no stamp on it

heatherks
5th May 2009, 17:20
i posted an item ... bought at 99p last week

and buyer has just emailed to say they had to pay 1 charge plus postage as no stamp in when delivered

. ........i have got proof of postage and stamp was put on pkt in front of me so know it was on .... will royal mail refund ..if i send her copy of receipt ....

...think shes expecting me to refund what she had to pay...

hasnt left feedback yet but if negative will just write underneath

this happend to anyone else ?

Grace & Favour
5th May 2009, 17:30
Sounds like a con!

It could happen, but stamps these days tend to stick rather well
IF she had to pay - then the envelope / parcel will have had a Post Office label on it saying to pay . . .

You could always ask if she's still got the envelope

However - I still think it's a con - - and she gets the item for 99p, and gets you to give her 1!!

MrsSavvy
5th May 2009, 17:32
You could ask her for a receipt Royal mail so you can refund her. If she sends it then try to get the money back from royal mail.

gaanja
5th May 2009, 17:33
Yep, the envelope would have an additional label on it giving the reasons for the charge and the amount charged.

clockwatcher
5th May 2009, 17:33
Any refund (by you, the Royal Mail, or both) would depend entirely on the evidence, ie the envelope with the "underpaid" sticker on it, and your Post Office receipt.

You should contact Royal Mail customer services, as I'm not sure whether it would be the sender or the recipient who would have to submit the claim.

les218409
5th May 2009, 17:43
This happened to me last year and the sender has to make the claim,get her to send the envelope back to you then take it with your proof of posting back to the post office you used. good luck ( by the way my seller still did not refund me so cost me 1.04p for charges then 36p to send her the envelope with proof on ):rolleyes:

heatherks
5th May 2009, 18:55
thanks for your advice i have written to her and said i have proof see what she wants to do ...about claiming through RM if she has proof she paid surcharge

Mamzie
5th May 2009, 19:21
The same happened to me as well, a few monthes ago. It should have been a PO sticky, and ended up with the overcharge sticker. Our sorting office is in the next town 7 miles away, which is where you have to go.

I had the envelope of course with the underpaid sticker and charges on, and got the PO to give me a receipt when I paid, but they won't let you keep the underpaid postage card. I sent my seller piccys and she refunded all the PO costs, plus a 50p extra as an apology very quickly.

Freebird
5th May 2009, 19:27
Same here.....I've had buyers say the same and I just asked for a copy of the RM thingy ref the surcharge. One person sent it and I refunded her costs. The other one I never heard from again. If you get the proof that she had to pay then it would be only right to refund her as it wasn't her fault the packet arrived without a stamp, otherwise I wouldn't refund either.

angelic
5th May 2009, 19:40
I agree with other who have said no refund without proof ;)

If buyer can supply the envelope with the undercharge sticker or stamp on it, I would refund her happily and claim from RM sending them the proof.

fuzzgun19
6th May 2009, 09:13
So, can you claim compensation from RM for this? (packaging damaged in transit?)

angelic
6th May 2009, 12:29
So, can you claim compensation from RM for this? (packaging damaged in transit?)

Sorry if I have caused confusion - if you are referring to my post? Apologies if you aren't :o

If the OP paid for a stamp and has a postal receipt showing she paid postage for an item sent to buyer's address and the item has arrived minus a stamp, I would certainly be claiming from RM if the buyer sent me the envelope as evidence to back up a claim.

rainbowhope
6th May 2009, 12:48
..I've had packages delivered without a stamp before...and postage due....isnt a nice feeling...it can happen.

heatherks
6th May 2009, 12:48
i was going to put it under damaged in transit ...buyer hasnt got back to me but will query it at post office where i posted it tommorow ..as she difinately stuch a stamp on ...but obviously fell of during transit ...

Grace & Favour
6th May 2009, 13:01
i was going to put it under damaged in transit ...buyer hasnt got back to me but will query it at post office where i posted it tommorow ..as she difinately stuch a stamp on ...but obviously fell of during transit ...

I wouldn't bother doing anything unless the buyer sends you the original envelope with the Excess Postage Required label on it!

Emmamed
6th May 2009, 21:42
this has happened to me on both sides. received post with no stamp, the seller had out sticky tape all over the envelope and the stamp had come off. and other case something i sent the stamps had come off. all i did was ring the PO CS up and they sent me a bk of stamps