PDA

View Full Version : Big PTS Camping Meet 2010 -Would You Be Interested?

uklego
22nd June 2009, 13:11
If I was to organise a camping weekend say June next year - would you be inrerested? I'm just testing the water!

shoppaholic45
22nd June 2009, 13:16
I would be intrested, would i be able to bring my oh as he drives and i don't.

pammy
22nd June 2009, 13:17
I would say you could bring the whole family!!!
I would prob be interested but need to get a new tent :D

britchic4
22nd June 2009, 13:19
I'd love to meet you all but I just can't do camping after a rather traumatic incident by the grand canyon.......you'd have to sedate before you could get me to lie down in a tent!

NitWit
22nd June 2009, 13:20
Ohh I hate camping tbh or I would have been up for it. Maybe we could all try and do a Sun Holiday at the same time, although I know some people might not be able to get the first choice etc.

sweetiepie's mum
22nd June 2009, 13:22
Yup. I'd love it.

uklego
22nd June 2009, 13:25
Those that didn't want to camp could book into a B&B or a travelodge!

As I say, I'm just testing the water at the mo. Dependent on what the feeling is, I could start thinking of some options

for example - if it did go ahead we could give 1 family the task of organising a car treasure hunt!

Early days

uklego
22nd June 2009, 13:27
we could even have a multicoloured swap shop/table top sale where we could swap/sell our excess stash - providing we don't all bring garlic tablets ;)

oxonma
22nd June 2009, 14:55
that would be a fantastic idea !!

Mrs Lady C
22nd June 2009, 15:16
I would be interested if I can bring the caravan, and if it was during the school summer holidays near a beach for the children. :D:D:D

Littlemissjojo
22nd June 2009, 15:25
I could be up for it!!! Depending on date & location etc....

pammy
22nd June 2009, 15:35
how about a site that does tents and static caravans there as well. think i would prefer a caravan to be honest!! :D

markat
22nd June 2009, 15:35
Yeah definately up for it - as long as it's sunny and I can borrow a tent !
Great idea.

Made in Devon
22nd June 2009, 15:41
I could bring my multi-coloured 2 man festival tent that I won last week!!!!!!

uklego
22nd June 2009, 15:47
I was thinking of a date in June cos of the long, light nights - if peeps wanted the school hols it could be the May half term week

Also it is after SATS. Location - wouldn't it be great to have a site with an indoor swimming pool and/or a beach nearby.

Where ever we choose will be great for some, not so great for others. If it was in central England it would give the opportunity for the Welshies to join in but what about those in Scotland?

If it went well we could have the first one in England, Scotland and finally Wales. Why that order? - Alphabetical not to offend anyone ;)

The ideas would have to come from you guys - I'm just happy to organise it

pookienoodle
22nd June 2009, 16:02
I would certainly consider it if there were static caravans nearby.

shoppaholic45
22nd June 2009, 16:15
If there was static caravans, i would perfer that, but if not then would bring a tent, would like it if the site has toilets and shower, as can't imagine not been able to get a shower everyday and don't like the idea of having to pee in a field.

uklego
22nd June 2009, 16:28
ok so far - requirements are
1. A site with showers and toilets
2. Statics to include as many people as possible
3. A children's play area (that's my vote!)

Khufu
22nd June 2009, 16:30
I would love to come and bring the kids, May half term would be good. As for location, I think Yorkshire's pretty central :tumbleweed:

jamsandwhich
22nd June 2009, 16:42
Sounds great - we would be up for it. No particular stipulations from us excpet a flat campsite would be nice, hate having to hang onto the side of the tent to stop rolling out of bed!!!

Mrs Lady C
22nd June 2009, 18:41
I might not be able to do may as I really have my heart set on taking the family to st lucia next may with lmn's family. :D:D:D I would have preferred sometime during the 6 weeks holiday perhaps you should add a poll of preferred dates to see when more people could make it. :):):)

littlemissnaughty
22nd June 2009, 19:44
I might not be able to do may as I really have my heart set on taking the family to st lucia next may with lmn's family. :D:D:D I would have preferred sometime during the 6 weeks holiday perhaps you should add a poll of preferred dates to see when more people could make it. :):):)

Thought we were going next October :rofl:
What are you like :der:

Mrs Lady C
22nd June 2009, 21:13
Thought we were going next October :rofl:
What are you like :der:

Completely scatty, :D:D:D do we really have to wait as long as that. :behindsofa:
It looks like may could be looking alright then. ;););)

Trolley Dash
22nd June 2009, 22:29
I love camping!

Polo
22nd June 2009, 22:35
Polo doesn't DO tents!

Lol, sorry. But if we are about we might pop in, lol, you can all see if dom is short and bald :rofl:

Triker
22nd June 2009, 22:39
Obviously as this is PTS, I'm expecting points ala tent purchases, cashback re quidco on hotel booking, discounted food from mocs at the supermarket or vouchers at various restaurants to use.

Then of course there'll be the wine lake that everyone can contribute to, we'll all smell of lynx and we can celebrate the meet up by throwing loads (ie many thousands) of bags of confetti at each other.:eek:

Lets not get onto the question of what vehicle you'll be taking or more to the point (geddit) :D which motorpoint you got it from.:eyebrows:;)

markat
22nd June 2009, 22:42
LOL - I'll be frangranced by Ted Baker from Boots not Lynx !!

Triker
22nd June 2009, 22:44
LOL - I'll be frangranced by Ted Baker from Boots not Lynx !!

Traitor...:D

uklego
23rd June 2009, 07:45
So which part of England?
Yorkshire has been mentioned, what do you think?

princessa
23rd June 2009, 09:54
Not sure if I'd camp out in a tent, but maybe would if a hotel was near enough. Or I'd go in one of those little pods for a night, if campsites have them! Lol.

Ladyshopper
23rd June 2009, 09:56
I'd be up for it depending on when and where. Would prefer caravan to a tent though, it has to be said!

navara
23rd June 2009, 10:10
With the increase in points how about the Maldives instead:)

nixx
23rd June 2009, 10:14
South Lea Caravan Park in Pocklington is fab. Space for tents and tourers and near enough to the coast for a day trip out.

http://www.south-lea.co.uk/

Scottishnellie
23rd June 2009, 11:59
I'd be interested, especially if drivable distance as suggested so far :)

BUT Scotland don't get a May half term - I'm assuming your kids a get a week off or something?

We do get 2 Monday hols in May, so the weekends ending Mon 3rd May or Mon 31st May should still suit us :)

Button
23rd June 2009, 13:09
I was thinking of a date in June cos of the long, light nights - if peeps wanted the school hols it could be the May half term week

Also it is after SATS. Location - wouldn't it be great to have a site with an indoor swimming pool and/or a beach nearby.

Where ever we choose will be great for some, not so great for others. If it was in central England it would give the opportunity for the Welshies to join in but what about those in Scotland?

If it went well we could have the first one in England, Scotland and finally Wales. Why that order? - Alphabetical not to offend anyone ;)

The ideas would have to come from you guys - I'm just happy to organise it

Excuse me!!! Wot bout us Northern Ireland folk!!! :eek::D:D

Mrs Lady C
23rd June 2009, 14:59

You would be welcome to join us hun. :behindsofa:

uklego
23rd June 2009, 17:40

Soz - I adore Northern Ireland but I'm going to be honest with you - I didn't think folks would do a weekend due to the distance involved :o
I would love to come over and do a week!

navara
23rd June 2009, 17:43
Soz - I adore Northern Ireland but I'm going to be honest with you - I didn't think folks would do a weekend due to the distance involved :o
I would love to come over and do a week!

Meet midway ....Isle of man:)

Floosy
23rd June 2009, 17:47
With the increase in points how about the Maldives instead:)

Well count me in LMAO...

BritBrat
23rd June 2009, 18:29
I'd love to meet you all but I just can't do camping after a rather traumatic incident by the grand canyon.......you'd have to sedate before you could get me to lie down in a tent!

There are camping sites that have rentable chalets or the like.

suesmith
23rd June 2009, 20:40
Meet midway ....Isle of man:)

oooh yes for tt fortnight lol

i would be up for it, but it would have to be school hols as i work in a school and cant have time off in termtime

late spring bank hols?

pocklington is only a few miles for us - we could pop home on a night!:D

yorkielass
26th June 2009, 11:38
ditto - I too work in a school - which one do you work in Sue? I work at Fishergate ...

suziq - fancy another stay in Yorkshire?

What about the coast itself - one of the many static caravan sites say Bridlington/Filey area? For all those who can't wee in a field - most have pools etc to entertain little/big peeps!

Khufu
26th June 2009, 15:09
ditto - I too work in a school - which one do you work in Sue? I work at Fishergate ...

suziq - fancy another stay in Yorkshire?

What about the coast itself - one of the many static caravan sites say Bridlington/Filey area? For all those who can't wee in a field - most have pools etc to entertain little/big peeps!

I think that would be great - what about the Haven site at Cleethorpes - it has static caravans, tourers and tents all close to each other, is 10 mins from Tesco Extra and twenty mins from another! It has a great pool, is next to the beach and a short walk to Pleasure Island theme park (on deals) and a short walk or drive into town: a traditional seaside town.

Khufu
26th June 2009, 15:11
http://www.haven.com/parks/yorkshire_lincolnshire/thorpe_park/index.aspx

mummytotwo
26th June 2009, 15:19
I would be interest in it but would depend on location.

Tuckerpoo
26th June 2009, 15:44
I would be interest in it but would depend on location.

I'm the same, but would love to put faces to all you ptsers:D

tree-top
26th June 2009, 16:41
I think that would be great - what about the Haven site at Cleethorpes - it has static caravans, tourers and tents all close to each other, is 10 mins from Tesco Extra and twenty mins from another! It has a great pool, is next to the beach and a short walk to Pleasure Island theme park (on deals) and a short walk or drive into town: a traditional seaside town.

You can also use deals tokens on static/tourer fees at Haven, can't you?

uklego
26th June 2009, 16:53
You can also use deals tokens on static/tourer fees at Haven, can't you?

Can you check this out cos if this is the case we may have found our site - what does everyone else think?

Polo
27th June 2009, 17:34
:rofl: As I don't know where cleethorpes is.......I don't think its near either of us lol :rofl:

Khufu
27th June 2009, 21:46
Its NOrth Lincolnshire

Polo
27th June 2009, 22:34
Thanks Khufu, I will need to go consult the map book thingy....

littlemissnaughty
27th June 2009, 22:40
:rofl: As I don't know where cleethorpes is.......I don't think its near either of us lol :rofl:

No it is not near either of you hun. It is about 2 hours from me up north along the east side!

charlie
27th June 2009, 22:50
sounds good to me...count me in!!

Polo
27th June 2009, 22:51
No it is not near either of you hun. It is about 2 hours from me up north along the east side!

Well I know how to get to you.... and if its two hours from you....then thats about 5 hours from me....... :eek:

Will have to wait and see for us I think

littlemissnaughty
27th June 2009, 22:53
Well I know how to get to you.... and if its two hours from you....then thats about 5 hours from me....... :eek:

Will have to wait and see for us I think

Yep, might be quicker to go from Dom's but not sure how far or long it would take to get there.

Polo
27th June 2009, 22:54
Yep, might be quicker to go from Dom's but not sure how far or long it would take to get there.

LMAO Quicker to go from dom's.....but it takes at least 3 hours to get here! :rofl:

sorry guys :focus:

jamsandwhich
27th June 2009, 22:57
Cleethorpes sounds good to me - have been once in the winter years ago!

But, if cleethorpes is a bit too far for some as it is coastal - how about the peak district? Very central and some lovely campsites etc - I don't kow about static sites though as we are proper campers:D, I am not fussed just trying to add another location into the mix:)

Dominic
27th June 2009, 23:02
LMAO at Polo and LMN. Cleethorpes is North East. Not sure why Polo would drive from the South East over to the west of the Midlands to go back to Cleethorpes!!!

No doubt I'll have to drive down south to pick Polo up to head up the East coast to Cleethorpes :mad:

mummytotwo
28th June 2009, 08:58
Think Cleethorpes would be a little too far for me :(

SuzyWoo
28th June 2009, 09:04
No doubt I'll have to drive down south to pick Polo up to head up the East coast to Cleethorpes :mad:

But Dom, you will drive down with a smile on your face as it's to collect the woman you love!!! :D

We all expect you to be sharing a place by this time next year! :)

I would probably be up for this (camping, not moving in with Polo and Dom lol!), but can't think about what I'm doing next week, nevermind next year!

uklego
28th June 2009, 09:09
But Dom, you will drive down with a smile on your face as it's to collect the woman you love!!! :D

We all expect you to be sharing a place by this time next year! :)

I would probably be up for this (camping, not moving in with Polo and Dom lol!), but can't think about what I'm doing next week, nevermind next year!

mmm....we could start a new post - who's up for moving in with Dom and Polo ;)

Polo
28th June 2009, 11:29
Ermmmmm........
Sorry Guys, are you sure you'd want to live with us!?!?!?!?!?!?
Don't think we will be living together next year, give us a chance suzywoo lol.

SuzyWoo
28th June 2009, 11:32
I'm just an old romantic at heart Polo!

Just a thought, can you imagine Dom as head of a harem, all his women in the PTS uniform of Berketex dress and fitflops!

Polo
28th June 2009, 11:38
I'm just an old romantic at heart Polo!

Just a thought, can you imagine Dom as head of a harem, all his women in the PTS uniform of Berketex dress and fitflops!

He would love every second of it, don't encourage him, his head is big enough already!

yorkielass
28th June 2009, 13:47
Cleethorpes sounds good to me - have been once in the winter years ago!

But, if cleethorpes is a bit too far for some as it is coastal - how about the peak district? Very central and some lovely campsites etc - I don't kow about static sites though as we are proper campers:D, I am not fussed just trying to add another location into the mix:)

anywhere for me will have to be accessible by train - as I don't have a car!:behindsofa:

Mrs Lady C
28th June 2009, 14:11
Cleethorpes is about 6 hours for me by car even longer towing a caravan so I don't think I will be able to go if that is the chosen destination. :(:(:(

Gizmos
28th June 2009, 14:13
depends where and when it is for me

Ladyshopper
28th June 2009, 14:27
I like the sound of the Peak District. Cleethorpes brings back bad memories, I went to college at Grimsby and had the worst 2 years of my life.

Mamzie
28th September 2009, 00:01
We could start planning for a meet next summer somewhere....

We even have a caravan now, so should be able to come. Just gotta be kid friendly for us.

Twinks
28th September 2009, 00:10
Thought I had actually posted on here - we would love to meet up although have never been camping:behindsofa:

scrumpyjane
28th September 2009, 12:38
depends where and when it is for me

Same for me but i would love to be able too make it :)

Mosaic
28th September 2009, 13:33
Me too - have only just noticed this thread - WHERE have I been ??? LOL

Twinks
28th September 2009, 13:34
Me too - have only just noticed this thread - WHERE have I been ??? LOL

In your bungalow :D:D

Mosaic
28th September 2009, 13:42
That was quick Gillian :clap2:
I do go out now & then ! Mainly to Tesco - Lol :love:

nixx
28th September 2009, 14:26
I like the sound of the Peak District. Cleethorpes brings back bad memories, I went to college at Grimsby and had the worst 2 years of my life.

If you decide on the Peak District, I can recommedn Greenhills Holiday Park. We went at the beginning of September - it was great:

http://www.greenhillsholidaypark.co.uk/

uklego
17th December 2009, 17:20
reigniting the debate - Christmas is a time for thinking about holidays and if we definitely want to go ahead with this we may wish to start taking booking in February

Scottishmum
17th December 2009, 18:19
Oooooo count me in!!! (as long as somewhere child friendly!).

Can recommend a very fab campsite near the Lake District called Stanwix Park. :D

jamsandwhich
17th December 2009, 21:33
If we can make the chosen date we will definately be up for it - the girls will be nearly three so fab time to start camping. We are camping in Jersey in May - staying in a teepee so should be fun, have proper beds and dining table and chairs so hardly roughing it but it's a start:D

Ladyshopper
17th December 2009, 21:37
Nothing to do with the thread, but just wanted to say to Jamsandwich your twins look beautiful in your avatar, proper little angels!

lrb76
17th December 2009, 23:20
I'd love to join this too - would be a great way of showing DH why i'm so addicted to this site. He so doesn't get it! As longs as it's school hols (not feb!) and we can bring the caravan count us in :)

jamsandwhich
18th December 2009, 00:22
Nothing to do with the thread, but just wanted to say to Jamsandwich your twins look beautiful in your avatar, proper little angels!

Aww thank you - that's lovely!

We were at my nieces wedding in in a hotel in Cumbria last week and they were flower girls. They loved all the sparkly christmas trees!

princessa
7th March 2010, 21:10
DH was talking about taking our two camping this Summer and as I can't be on with a tent I've came back on this thread as I'm sure it's where those furry wooden 'tents' were, couldn't think what to call them to google them but shall try 'pod' now!

princessa
7th March 2010, 21:24
I can only find these (http://www.hollinsfarmcampsite.co.uk/pods.htm), weren't there fleecy/fur lined ones, which were smaller? Or have I dreamt that...?

littlemissnaughty
7th March 2010, 21:27
They are the ones. They are like wooden huts with just a front door, no windows, toilet etc just a door and a lock.

uklego
9th April 2010, 21:14
Having just lost my Dad I just don't feel capable of organising it this year - would anyone else like to run with the idea?

Dominic
9th April 2010, 21:40
Is it still on? Prob best to set a date the year before as a lot of people will have their holidays planned by now I guess? Had dipped in to this but not kept up to date but assumed it was all planned and booked :shocked:

snailsontour
9th April 2010, 23:48
Lovely idea - did anything get agreed? Whenish - I know it's not a proper word but I like it - where/when you all thinking of?

kerryo
9th April 2010, 23:54
Having just lost my Dad I just don't feel capable of organising it this year - would anyone else like to run with the idea?

sorry to hear about yr dad, :( xx

nixx
10th April 2010, 18:39
Sorry to hear about your Dad, uklego. Look after yourself.

sandhabibi
11th April 2010, 00:31
Maybe someone could put a poll up fr dates/ areas...
I could only do if driving distance which would defo rule out yorkshire, cumbria...

Floosy
14th April 2010, 14:27
I love the look of those little pod things!

Gizmos
14th April 2010, 14:30
I could only do if driving distance which would defo rule out yorkshire, cumbria...

anyone can put up a poll

princessa
18th April 2010, 09:48

If people put up idea's of where to go, then the poll could be started. I'd put it up myself but I don't know names of camping places, other than Yorkshire and 'Cumbria now you've mentioned them, lol!

What's driving distance?

sandhabibi
18th April 2010, 11:38
If people put up idea's of where to go, then the poll could be started. I'd put it up myself but I don't know names of camping places, other than Yorkshire and 'Cumbria now you've mentioned them, lol!

What's driving distance?

My driving distance would be couple of hours..About 2 at the moment which would mean be stopping about 4 times for pee lol....

Floosy
18th April 2010, 15:30
She wee sand? lol

sandhabibi
18th April 2010, 21:53
She wee sand? lol

:confused: nope I'm lost...

nixx
18th April 2010, 22:22
http://www.shewee.com/

princessa
18th April 2010, 22:23
My driving distance would be couple of hours..About 2 at the moment which would mean be stopping about 4 times for pee lol....

Ah right, I knew walking distance would be short, but thought driving distance was wherever there were roads and was confused!

sandhabibi
18th April 2010, 22:44
OK shewee lol, Remember seeing them on here but never knew the name of them, lol thanks..

Mosaic
20th April 2010, 00:05
OK shewee lol, Remember seeing them on here but never knew the name of them, lol thanks..

Anyone actually tried one of these? Rotfl :p :love:

princessa
21st April 2010, 12:49
Anyone actually tried one of these? Rotfl :p :love:

My friend wore one to a festival, it disconnected and she peed her trousers and didn't have any others, had to wear them for the 3 days hahaha

Floosy
26th April 2010, 23:05
FLMAO classic

Mosaic
26th April 2010, 23:13
My friend wore one to a festival, it disconnected and she peed her trousers and didn't have any others, had to wear them for the 3 days hahaha

Bet she didn't have any creases in them tho' - they would have been really stiff! :eek:

KittyKat
27th April 2010, 00:39
Is there any place campable around Oxford I'm guessing that would be pretty central?

navara
27th April 2010, 09:18
Is there any place campable around Oxford I'm guessing that would be pretty central?

I bet you are a southerner :D
North yorkshire is the central area of the UK;)

Mosaic
27th April 2010, 09:27
I though I lived just about central! Well we get Central TV & live in The Midlands anyway.

There's probably some nice big gardens with massive lawns we could camp on in Oxford? ;) With excellent amenities!

jamsandwhich
27th April 2010, 10:05
I could provide a huge field with running water (river) and toilet facilities (of the plastic type) all foc but you would have to share with sheep and lambs!!! Camping at it's most basic but, good pie shop, chippy and Co-op in a very pretty village if you really want to rough it:D

Mosaic
27th April 2010, 10:11
I could provide a huge field with running water (river) and toilet facilities (of the plastic type) all foc but you would have to share with sheep and lambs!!! Camping at it's most basic but, good pie shop, chippy and Co-op in a very pretty village if you really want to rough it:D

That sounds the best offer so far :p - have we got any musicians amongst us for entertainment?

Count me in!

nixx
27th April 2010, 10:54

Well if you call a 180 mile drive central....... :D

nixx
27th April 2010, 10:54

Sounds good :)

Except the toilet :D

jamsandwhich
27th April 2010, 10:58
That sounds the best offer so far :p - have we got any musicians amongst us for entertainment?

Count me in!

There has to be one!!

Sounds good :)

Except the toilet :D

Yes the toilets are not the best especially for ladies - no turning room at all and when you bend to pull your trousers up there is a tendancy to smack your head on the door:p

nixx
27th April 2010, 11:42
Yes the toilets are not the best especially for ladies - no turning room at all and when you bend to pull your trousers up there is a tendancy to smack your head on the door:p

:Evil-laugh:

That made me really laugh!

sandhabibi
27th April 2010, 17:36
Kat go look at the map lol....Oxford just over an hour from the coast here.

princessa
30th April 2010, 12:35
Well if you call a 180 mile drive central....... :D

It' 280 miles for me to get to Oxford :shocked:

navara
30th April 2010, 13:57
Why not combine it with the free the World Series by Renault at Silverstone (http://www.renault.co.uk/worldseries/?WT.mc_id=EN-R-PRO-0410-STO4-1) on the week-end of 18 - 19 September 2010.

Dominic
30th April 2010, 20:26
Wherever you choose is going to be a long drive for some people surely?! It can't be just around the corner from everyone?

nixx
30th April 2010, 20:29
You're right Dom - we probably need to arrange 2, but it doesn't look like we'll even manage 1!

Gizmos
30th April 2010, 20:48
last time it was tried to arrange nothing happened either as some people thought an hour was too far to travel

met a few people at the Renault Series a few years ago and most of you will know its not a two minute drive from the North East

nixx
30th April 2010, 20:54
I'm happy to travel if the dates fit, and the site is OK for us. I'm terrible at organising, though, so wouldn't volunteer to do that, I'm sorry. I'd ruin your weekend!

Dominic
30th April 2010, 22:10
Lol Nixx are you really stressy and anal with lots of files and bits of paper and get all angry if not everything goes to plan?! ;)

nixx
30th April 2010, 22:15
No, quite the opposite, I wish I was! If it was just me (us), then fine, I can cope with cocking up, but I couldn't be responsible for organising for anyone else in case it all went t1ts up.

If someone tells me when and where it is, I'll be there, with my man and 3 teen boys and a bottle )or 2, to share, of course) of stolli in tow!

jamsandwhich
30th April 2010, 22:20
The only sites I know that have a 'rally' type camping field are Rosedale (North Yorkshire Moors), Settle (lovely site but quite a drive for most people), Castle Howard (Not central but easy-ish to get to) and Scotch Corner (has major road access but major road noise too!)

I do and am a born organiser but the problem with this type of event is that everyone is up for it until the weeks before and there is a danger of it falling flat on it's face. My experiences are from Mini club meets and I know they take a LOAD of hard work and are mainly camping events however, a mate is a member of the Fiat Sciecento/Cinquecento Club and they do their meets at Butlins / Haven and go down well. Even when people pay up front though they still drop out - I am all for helping to do something like this (would not ever do it as the sole organiser) but I can't help feeling it would be one of those things that did happen but might end up being a dozen attendants?

For what it is worth I would forget about this year and go for next year if people are really fancying it.

Dominic
30th April 2010, 22:33
Problem is this was first mooted last June and nothing has happened. Before anyone says anything I have organised a lot of things before but I echo what jamsandwich has said. To be honest you would be lucky to get a dozen. In the club I am involved in we can muster 40 for an AGM but that is about the peak, (membership 230 ish), people are forever asking for this that and the other for trips and days out and on certain dates, then not turning up when the trip is arranged as requested.

I think it is one thing to arrange a PTS meet for a few hours, quite another to get a load of people who have never met to commit to a few days.

Sorry to sound such a pessimist. It can be done, the Big Brother Girls did it last year and still meet up now, but they did have the common interest and lots of chat and interaction first to get to know each other a bit.

jamsandwhich
30th April 2010, 23:06
Yep - I hate to sound negative but am trying to be realistic, and don't mean to put a damper on the idea.

sandhabibi
30th April 2010, 23:40
It must have been 2 years ago some of us had a meet up Oxford way and as I recall there were only 4 of us in the end.. The cardiff girls on tour was more successful and very enjoyable, They still have meets in different areas as Dom said...

Floosy
30th April 2010, 23:43
Good job I met you sober at Drusillas first lol

sweepy
30th April 2010, 23:52

Its up north hun lol.
sweepyxx

nixx
1st May 2010, 00:02
It needs someone to say

"We're camping on (date) at (site). Feel free to join us". Not everyone could come, but that would be the case whatever was arranged.

I haven't any camping booked yet, so it can't be me.

Poppyfields
1st May 2010, 01:11
Good job I met you sober at Drusillas first lol you didnt meet me sober!:)

navara
1st May 2010, 09:57
It needs someone to say

"We're camping on (date) at (site). Feel free to join us". Not everyone could come, but that would be the case whatever was arranged.

I haven't any camping booked yet, so it can't be me.

Ok it's the date below if you want to go order your free tickets book your own accomadation/pitch.plenty for all the family to do and if you get fed up of Dom watch the racing:)

Why not combine it with the free the World Series by Renault at Silverstone (http://www.renault.co.uk/worldseries/?WT.mc_id=EN-R-PRO-0410-STO4-1) on the week-end of 18 - 19 September 2010.

Dominic
1st May 2010, 15:10
I'm working that weekend anyway so its a no-no. I get one in three weekends off. That is the problem, you can't accomodate everyone with these things so if you try to you get nowhere!

Polo
1st May 2010, 22:05
I think thats a good idea for a weekend, and unfortunately you can't please everyone...I don't work weekend so I can bring a dom cut out and see the rest of you :)

Seriously, someone needs to set a date and have to say the renault thing is good - its free and several pts-ers will go anyway, I went a couple of years ago but didn't see any other ptsers but know that loads went !

Dominic
1st May 2010, 22:39
Could someone with loadsamoney (Navara) provide a PTS Hospitality tent?!

suziq
1st May 2010, 22:48
i have a big gazebo, does that count?

Dominic
1st May 2010, 22:50
Aye but do you have a great big farck-off pick up to put it in?!?!?!

Mosaic
2nd May 2010, 04:30

OOOOOhh!! Sounds painful :eyebrows:

Mosaic
2nd May 2010, 04:32

OOOOOOOh! Sounds painful :eyebrows:

Dominic
2nd May 2010, 19:30
I have a big gazebo but I don't like to boast :D

uklego
2nd May 2010, 19:41

but how fast can you get an erection :eyebrows:

Mosaic
2nd May 2010, 19:42

Are you open for tours?? :p

suziq
2nd May 2010, 21:00
self lit with twinkly lights ;)

nixx
2nd May 2010, 21:25
but how fast can you get an erection :eyebrows:

:eek::eek::eek:

suziq
2nd May 2010, 21:36
the big one takes a while, but if you'll settle for a smaller outcome erection is quicker!

suesmith
3rd May 2010, 16:46
we're off to world series but staying in a lovely b and b

we're in york - dont mind a bit of travelling

navara
4th May 2010, 17:13
Could someone with loadsamoney (Navara) provide a PTS Hospitality tent?!

You don't need loadsamoney to use Google try here (http://www.hamiltonfields.co.uk/silverstonecampingcampsiterenaultworld.asp)

Dominic
4th May 2010, 22:46
You don't need loadsamoney to use Google try here (http://www.hamiltonfields.co.uk/silverstonecampingcampsiterenaultworld.asp)

No but if you paid for one for peeps to use to meet up........ ;)

navara
13th September 2010, 09:25
:bump2: If anyone is still going it's next week.