PDA

View Full Version : Buyer complaining about goods sold in May

Waterfall
27th June 2009, 12:26
I sold a brand new travel buggy on 3rd May. Buyer received it and left positve feedback saying excellent product etc. Anyway he has been on holiday and the buggy has started to wear. He has sent me an email saying it is damaged after a weeks holiday.. not sure how to reply or if I am liable. Should I refer him to the manufacturer? It was a new buggy. He paid by paypal.

TIA :)

SuzyWoo
27th June 2009, 12:52
Manufacturer issue surely? It was received in perfect order, you are not a shop and do not have a department to see if it's been damaged in transit on holiday (which is the likeliest option imo!).

NitWit
27th June 2009, 12:52
Yes I would reply with all the contact details for them.

angelic
27th June 2009, 16:04
It all depends if you are a business seller or private seller, if a business seller, you are bound by DSR (Distance Selling Regulations) and must comply with the regs.

If a private seller, it is an entirely different matter as the buyer only has 45 days in which to raise a dispute.
After that, the only way of recompense is via Small Claims Court which will cost the buyer top bring a case.

I do wonder if the "wear" has occurred due to manhandling if for example the buyer took the buggy on an aircraft? Edit - just realised SuzyWoo had same thought ;)
I certainly wouldn't expect an item like a buggy to "wear" after such a very short space of time.

At the time of selling, did you sell with a store receipt or anything to show the buggy had a guarantee?
Are you a private or business seller?

DaisyChain
27th June 2009, 16:07
Sounds like a try on. Only needed it for the hol and now trying to extract a refund

Waterfall
27th June 2009, 16:08
I'm a private seller. I didnt sell with receipt or guarentee. Mbr gave feedback saying very pleased with item. He admits the problem has happened after his hols.

Unfortunately it is a QuickSmart buggy which is an Australian company. All I could find was a link to their website with email contact and phone number so have passed that to him.

Waterfall
27th June 2009, 16:10
Sounds like a try on. Only needed it for the hol and now trying to extract a refund
You could be right there. Glad it is over 45 days.. I'm beginning to lose the will to live with ebay :lol:
This is his feedback to me
Excellent product, quick delivery, very impressed