PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the paypal pre pay card

smerch1468
27th June 2009, 18:32
We are going away in august so this card could be handy. Also on flyertalk I got drift of you being to load the card up from your amex ba prem plus account. Is that possible as my default funding option for paypal is my bank account and the back up is my BA amex card.

Is this a useful way of getting 10k racked up like we used to with the ba travellers card.

shrek
27th June 2009, 21:02
Hi, received my card today, basically all you do is load it from your paypal account, choosing to fund it from your amex. There are limits to how much you can load for example its £10000 a year and I trhink £1000 a month, does seem an ideal way to build up miles and help with a 2 for 1. Withdrawing money does have a 1% charge, still not bad if you need to accumulate spending.

smerch1468
28th June 2009, 07:18
Thanks very much for the info. Now my only question is do they credit check you on application?

shrek
28th June 2009, 09:21
They don't, I think it mentions it in the booking terms and conditions

smerch1468
28th June 2009, 12:20
Ok applied for my card, it does seem strange that they dont allow you to fund these cards from current accounts. Anyway as long as it counts towards my £10k spend I dont care.

Thanks again.

where2save
28th June 2009, 19:15
Please can I check that this works okay if my BA Amex is already linked to my Paypal account.

Raffles
28th June 2009, 20:22
Please can I check that this works okay if my BA Amex is already linked to my Paypal account.

Theretically yes

markcu
24th November 2009, 16:23
So I can top up my paypal card from my BA Amex, withdraw the cash from my paypal card, then pay back in to the bank to payoff my amex bill.. Is that right? and I earn Miles in the process....

Grace & Favour
24th November 2009, 16:29
So I can top up my paypal card from my BA Amex, withdraw the cash from my paypal card, then pay back in to the bank to payoff my amex bill.. Is that right? and I earn Miles in the process....

Welcome to PTS Mark - - -

And this is your first post - yes?

Please don't feel you need to bother with a please, or thank you, I'm sure that someone on PTS will be able to sort information out for you at some point.

Until then, please feel free to look around :)

ukmonkey
24th November 2009, 16:56

Please don't feel you need to bother with a please, or thank you, I'm sure that someone on PTS will be able to sort information out for you at some point.

Can't rep you, need to spread some luvvin'!
"Manners cost nothing but are worth a million" - some wise guy, back in the day.

markcu
24th November 2009, 17:10

Hi, Sorry I get the impression I havn't made a good start...My post above was really as the thought came out of my head rather than a structured post.

I'm too used to posting in places where people already know me, so apologies if I appeared a little rude.

I'll start again....

markcu
24th November 2009, 17:14
Hi All,

I've just started to investiagte the gathering up of BA airmiles using tesco's points and found the post earlier in the thread about using a BA Amex and a paypal card to boost miles.

So my question is:- Can top up my paypal card from my BA Amex , withdraw the cash from my paypal card, then pay back in to the bank to payoff my amex bill.. Is that right? and I earn Miles in the process....

Many Thanks for any help.
Mark.

Raffles
24th November 2009, 18:11
You will earn miles when you top-up from a BA Amex (or in my case the Lufty Amex). This ONLY works with Amex - Visa and Mastercard treat the PayPal card as a cash advance so you pay the 3% cash fee and get no miles. Amex treat it as a purchase.

You can withdraw the cash through cashpoints for £2 a pop. However, if you do this too often then PayPal will realise and cancel your card.

Your best bet is to use the card in places where Amex isn't accepted, like paying your council tax. I use it to pay my tax bill online but I know most people don't pay tax directly like I do.

Remember you are limited to £1k per week, £2k per calendar month and £10k per year in top ups.

Grace & Favour
24th November 2009, 18:24
Hi, Sorry I get the impression I havn't made a good start...My post above was really as the thought came out of my head rather than a structured post.

I'm too used to posting in places where people already know me, so apologies if I appeared a little rude.

I'll start again....

Mark

Thank you so much for your reply - -

Honestly - we're a friendly bunch on here normally - - I've had 'one of those days' - and your reply has (quite rightly) put things straight . . .

I honestly can't help you on your particular question - - but I'm always pleasantly amazed at the depth of knowledge from our m,embers - so if it hasn'rt been sorted for you yet - - it most probably will soon.

And, a sincere welcome to PTS! :o

markcu
25th November 2009, 18:41
Many thanks for your help everyone. I have ordered up the required cards and will see how I get on.

tyroleandancer
22nd March 2010, 23:15
Just giving this a little bump :)
Thanks to this card I'm a quarter of the way there to my first 2 for 1 :D

tyroleandancer
23rd March 2010, 10:08
Well I thought I was doing so well.
Topped up the card by £500 over the weekend. £450 came from AMEX and the rest was taken from my paypal balance??? I didn't see the option to part fund from paypal. I assumed it would all come from my AMEX card.

What did I do wrong?

Raffles
23rd March 2010, 16:32
I've also been hit by this. I don't think you can get around it (apart, of course, from withdrawing the money into your bank account first). If you have a Paypal balance, it uses that first before drawing the rest.

tyroleandancer
23rd March 2010, 17:18
I've also been hit by this. I don't think you can get around it (apart, of course, from withdrawing the money into your bank account first). If you have a Paypal balance, it uses that first before drawing the rest.

Thanks Raffles I thought as much

Khufu
23rd March 2010, 17:21
Hmm this all sounds very interesting. Do you think it would work from other Amex cards? I have the AA Rewards card and the Airmiles AA from Lloydstsb. It could be a great way of building up points/airmiles.

It seems to be a way of getting round those sites which charge a surcharge for using credit cards, such as the trainline, council tax as mentioned, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of.

tyroleandancer
23rd March 2010, 17:29
Hmm this all sounds very interesting. Do you think it would work from other Amex cards? I have the AA Rewards card and the Airmiles AA from Lloydstsb. It could be a great way of building up points/airmiles.

It seems to be a way of getting round those sites which charge a surcharge for using credit cards, such as the trainline, council tax as mentioned, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of.

I would have thought so :)
The paypal card cost £5 pa. It took a bit to get my head around but its sorted now.
You have to set the credit card up as a funding option in your paypal account. Activate the Paypal card and then you can start transferring.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PPTUCHome-outside

Raffles
24th March 2010, 14:54

It works on all Amex cards (UK ones, anyway) as far as I know but definitely not MC / Visa.

99redballs
24th March 2010, 23:45
interesting!?! i thought it didn't work on BMI Amex for some reason.

Raffles
25th March 2010, 09:13
interesting!?! i thought it didn't work on BMI Amex for some reason.

You cannot pay back your BMI Amex with the Paypal card (you can payback your BA Amex) but it works just fine for accruing miles. It also works with the Lufthansa Amex and presumably the Virgin one as well.

99redballs
31st March 2010, 21:40
tried to top my pay pal card up but it says i've been unsucessfull.
plenty of money on ba card.
i tried 1,000 then reduced it to 500 but still wouldn't go through.
has anyone else had the same problem?

tyroleandancer
31st March 2010, 23:02
tried to top my pay pal card up but it says i've been unsucessfull.
plenty of money on ba card.
i tried 1,000 then reduced it to 500 but still wouldn't go through.
has anyone else had the same problem?

Maybe pop over to Flyertalk and ask them. Have you topped up before?

99redballs
31st March 2010, 23:10
yep i have about 4 times

tyroleandancer
31st March 2010, 23:13
yep i have about 4 times

Must be a problem with the site?
I managed to top up £2,000 once??? Didn't think my top up had gone thru so tried again.

99redballs
31st March 2010, 23:58
hopefully just a glitch, i have just had a transaction cancelled by pay pal card as i tried to top up another 1,000 when i still had 1,000 on the card (had been claimed by Ba amex but not cleared off card), i'll try when i come back off my hols. i really wanted to get another 1,000 through this month. :-(. got to recycle/spend 10,000 in 4 months!!

Khufu
1st April 2010, 00:03
Is it because you have reached your PayPal limit?

99redballs
2nd April 2010, 09:19
Is it because you have reached your PayPal limit?

That's a thought ! I'll have a look.
Just had a look not sure where to look. Acc is verifiedthough. I feel it is something to do with the top up card as it did go through but was returned by top up card. I'll try again when iget back off my hols. Thanks xx

JANED9388
25th April 2010, 08:45
Hi All, I thought I didn't need this one as I have a hilton Visa for my "non amex" purchases which I like to use the points for airport pre flight stays - but it just occured to me, if this is "neither a credit or a debit card" (according to the website) - can I use it to pay my council tax who say they only accept debit cards ?? - any help greatly appreciated.

tyroleandancer
25th April 2010, 09:54
Hi All, I thought I didn't need this one as I have a hilton Visa for my "non amex" purchases which I like to use the points for airport pre flight stays - but it just occured to me, if this is "neither a credit or a debit card" (according to the website) - can I use it to pay my council tax who say they only accept debit cards ?? - any help greatly appreciated.

I would hav thought so a sit is a visa debit card.
Raffles will know.

Raffles
25th April 2010, 13:32
I would hav thought so a sit is a visa debit card.
Raffles will know.

Yes, it should be OK. People only seem to have problems when using it to do financial things, eg you cannot pay money into bank accounts with it even if the bank accepts Visa Debit. It is not sure why this is, but it is.

tyroleandancer
25th April 2010, 14:15
Yes, it should be OK. People only seem to have problems when using it to do financial things, eg you cannot pay money into bank accounts with it even if the bank accepts Visa Debit. It is not sure why this is, but it is.

Thanks Raffles and sorry I hit the edit button instead of the quote :o

JANED9388
25th April 2010, 14:51
excellent - thanks to you both. sorry raffles, it won't let me rep you at the minute - got to spread it around first !

Donpacifico
6th May 2010, 16:22
Ive just started using Paypal top up card, and i have a couple of questions if anyone can help.
I have loaded £500 from my Virgin Atlantic Amex card. Could i when bill comes in use the Paypal card to pay (or part pay)the VirginAtlantic Amex bill ?

Can i get cashback from Supermarkets e.g spend say a £1 then get £50 in cashback?

What is maximum i could withdraw from Cash Machine ? How much are charges ?( i have looked at paypal site but i am confused if the charge is a fixed £2 or 1% charge).

TIA for any help/advice.

Raffles
6th May 2010, 19:54
Ive just started using Paypal top up card, and i have a couple of questions if anyone can help.
I have loaded £500 from my Virgin Atlantic Amex card. Could i when bill comes in use the Paypal card to pay (or part pay)the VirginAtlantic Amex bill ?

Can i get cashback from Supermarkets e.g spend say a £1 then get £50 in cashback?

What is maximum i could withdraw from Cash Machine ? How much are charges ?( i have looked at paypal site but i am confused if the charge is a fixed £2 or 1% charge).

TIA for any help/advice.

No, you can't pay the Virgin Amex because it is MBNA issued. Only Amex-issued Amex cards can be paid with it. Don't know why.

Cashback - no idea, should be OK in theory

Cash machine - I think it is £200 a time. Be careful with this, though, as it looks like money laundering and Paypal spot it if done multiple times.

Remember it works for premium bonds too if bought over the counter at a PO.

Donpacifico
6th May 2010, 20:01
Thanks Raffles, the Premium bond avenue looks a good way to get money back without arousing suspicion and i will try cashback in supermarket this weekend.

JANED9388
21st May 2010, 11:32
how long does it take for the money to arrive on the paypal card once you've sent it via paypal ?
I'm sure I read somewhere next day but my first transfer seems to have gone AWOL - thanks.

tyroleandancer
21st May 2010, 13:39
how long does it take for the money to arrive on the paypal card once you've sent it via paypal ?
I'm sure I read somewhere next day but my first transfer seems to have gone AWOL - thanks.

My first one took 48 hours
How long has it been?

Raffles
21st May 2010, 14:38
Updates at 1pm the next day

However, I have read that transactions often get rejected despite getting the OK message. You should only panic if your Amex has been charged but your Paypal has not topped up.

JANED9388
21st May 2010, 15:54
1 pm must have done the trick - it's there now, thanks.

JANED9388
21st May 2010, 15:57
now the next wierd thing is... my husbands card which was activated 10 mins or so after mine, has no "top up" tab so I can't set up any money to trasnfer ! ideas ??

Neilhc
21st May 2010, 17:31
Sorry do you need a PayPall account to get a top up card & why do they ask for you bank details

tyroleandancer
21st May 2010, 20:51
Sorry do you need a PayPall account to get a top up card & why do they ask for you bank details

Yes you need a paypal account. To have a paypal account you need to verify it by giving bank details. Some people set up a new bank account just for paypal.

Neilhc
22nd May 2010, 15:20
Yes you need a paypal account. To have a paypal account you need to verify it by giving bank details. Some people set up a new bank account just for paypal.

Sorry is there a reason people open a new bank account?

tyroleandancer
22nd May 2010, 16:38
Sorry is there a reason people open a new bank account?

Probably because some people are concerned with giving details of a main bank account. I know an aunt of mine has one just for paypal. :)

stuzhunter
27th May 2010, 13:28
I would have thought so :)
The paypal card cost £5 pa. It took a bit to get my head around but its sorted now.
You have to set the credit card up as a funding option in your paypal account. Activate the Paypal card and then you can start transferring.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PPTUCHome-outside

I am a bit confused here:help:. Does that mean for this to work I need a paypal account, a paypal top up card, any Amex card and a bank account?

Could this not be done with a paypal top up card and any Amex card only?:der: anybody please?

tyroleandancer
27th May 2010, 14:58
I am a bit confused here:help:. Does that mean for this to work I need a paypal account, a paypal top up card, any Amex card and a bank account?

Could this not be done with a paypal top up card and any Amex card only?:der: anybody please?

All I can tell you is what I have which is a paypal account verified with my bank account, an Amex card and a Paypal top up card.
I'm no expert hopefully someone else can help.

Raffles
27th May 2010, 21:32
All I can tell you is what I have which is a paypal account verified with my bank account, an Amex card and a Paypal top up card.
I'm no expert hopefully someone else can help.

This is also what I have.

In theory, no, you don't need a bank account linked to your paypal account. However, the more verification Paypal has of who you are, the less likely you are to get transactions blocked and to be allowed to do large amounts like £1,000.

oizilein
9th June 2010, 13:32
Hi,
I am new to this forum so apologies if I ask any questions that have been previously asked before. I currently have about 40,000 ba miles and am looking to boost this. I have a two year old son who is very restless and am hoping to be able to fly CW by the end of the year for our holiday. He would definitely be more comfortable in the flat bed seats.
I currently have a ba amex which I use for most things and have just applied for the gold card. I have just come across the paypal top up card on this site and am keen to apply for this too, linking it to my ba amex.
My question is, can I use the paypal card to pay off the balance on my ba amex? Would I then earn miles when the payapl balance is linked back to the amex card (even though it was used to pay off the amex thereby earning double miles?) I hope this makes sense.
I would appreciate any further tips on boosting my miles balance. I also collect tesco cc points – converted to ba miles.
Many Thanks,
Mo.

Raffles
9th June 2010, 13:41
You can pay your Amex bill with the Paypal card, but you don't get any sort of double miles. The only benefit of the Paypal card is that it lets you charge £10,000 per year to your BA Amex without having to actually buy anything and whilst still earning miles - you simply load the Paypal card from the Amex then pay the Amex bill with the card, perfect symetry!

You should be set for a decent redemption by the end of the year. You've already got 40,000 miles. The Preferred Rewards Gold gets you another 20,000 when you convert the Membership Rewards points to BA. The Paypal card lets you charge £10k to your BA Amex so that gets you another 15,000 miles (on the Premium Plus card) and triggers the 2-4-1. You are therefore at 75,000 miles already. Dubai etc is 80,000 in Club World (for 2 with the Amex voucher), the US / Canada / Caribbean / South Africa is 100,000.

oizilein
9th June 2010, 13:49
You can pay your Amex bill with the Paypal card, but you don't get any sort of double miles. The only benefit of the Paypal card is that it lets you charge £10,000 per year to your BA Amex without having to actually buy anything and whilst still earning miles - you simply load the Paypal card from the Amex then pay the Amex bill with the card, perfect symetry!

You should be set for a decent redemption by the end of the year. You've already got 40,000 miles. The Preferred Rewards Gold gets you another 20,000 when you convert the Membership Rewards points to BA. The Paypal card lets you charge £10k to your BA Amex so that gets you another 15,000 miles (on the Premium Plus card) and triggers the 2-4-1. You are therefore at 75,000 miles already. Dubai etc is 80,000 in Club World (for 2 with the Amex voucher), the US / Canada / Caribbean / South Africa is 100,000.

Thanks for that. But if i pay my amex bill with teh prepay card - I will then need to top up my prepay with teh amex again - wont i? Will i then earn miles again?

Raffles
9th June 2010, 13:53
Yes, but as I said the maximum top-up is £10,000 a year so the max miles you can earn via the PP card is 15,000. You are also restricted to £1k/week and £2k/month so it will take at least 5 months to get through the £10,000.

The way I do it is this:
Week 1 of month - load £1k from Amex to Paypal
Week 2 of month - load £1k from Amex to Paypal
Week 3 of month - make a midmonth payment online for £2k to Amex using PP
Week 4 of month - statement is issued but balance is £0
... and repeat.

All of 'real' spend goes onto other cards. You should do the same if you get the Gold Amex as that is worth 2 miles per £1 on grocery, petrol, hotel, flight and all overseas spend which is better than the BA Amex.

oizilein
9th June 2010, 14:23
Thanks Raffles. You have been extremely helpful. Do you have any other tips on boosting miles. Other than tesco, Hotels and Eon?

oizilein
9th June 2010, 14:35
I just had another thought. My partner is a 2nd card holder on my BA Amex card. Can we get him a paypal top up card and do teh same on his BA Amex card. Thereby spending 20K between the two cards?

Raffles
10th June 2010, 09:38
I just had another thought. My partner is a 2nd card holder on my BA Amex card. Can we get him a paypal top up card and do teh same on his BA Amex card. Thereby spending 20K between the two cards?

If his supplementary BA Amex has a different card number to yours then it should be OK. If the card number is the same as yours then Paypal may have an issue linking the same card number to two Paypal accounts.

stuzhunter
12th June 2010, 23:11
Yes, but as I said the maximum top-up is £10,000 a year so the max miles you can earn via the PP card is 15,000. You are also restricted to £1k/week and £2k/month so it will take at least 5 months to get through the £10,000.

The way I do it is this:
Week 1 of month - load £1k from Amex to Paypal
Week 2 of month - load £1k from Amex to Paypal
Week 3 of month - make a midmonth payment online for £2k to Amex using PP
Week 4 of month - statement is issued but balance is £0
... and repeat.

All of 'real' spend goes onto other cards. You should do the same if you get the Gold Amex as that is worth 2 miles per £1 on grocery, petrol, hotel, flight and all overseas spend which is better than the BA Amex.

Raffles, so there is no real need to make a purchase with the premium Amex card or buy premium bonds with the paypal card. You can just recyle the money between the the paypal card and amex card as you've described? is that right?

tyroleandancer
12th June 2010, 23:15
Raffles, so there is no real need to make a purchase with the premium Amex card or buy premium bonds with the paypal card. You can just recyle the money between the the paypal card and amex card as you've described? is that right?

yes :)

stuzhunter
12th June 2010, 23:24
tyleandancer, thanks:

so by doing this I get:

18000 bonus BA miles+15000 BA miles (from paypal loadings)+ triggers 2-4-1 ticket+ £45 quidco.:clap2:

I should be getting 21000 BA miles on my next Gold rewards statement.

I recently bagged 141000 BA miles on the Tesco BA double BA miles promotion..

I've will have lots of travelling to be done....:D

Miss Wetwipe
6th July 2010, 15:59
Ummmmm - are BA miles the same as Airmiles?? Just getting into all this and am rather confuddled!

Gizmos
6th July 2010, 16:13
Ummmmm - are BA miles the same as Airmiles?? Just getting into all this and am rather confuddled!

entirely different there are a few threads on each

tyroleandancer
9th August 2010, 13:04
I'm having a problem paying my Tesco credit card balance with the Paypal card
Anyone had the same problem?
Thanks

Raffles
9th August 2010, 20:52
I'm having a problem paying my Tesco credit card balance with the Paypal card
Anyone had the same problem?
Thanks

You can't do it. The PP card is designed to block all financial transactions. That is why you cannot pay your Tesco card, buy premium bonds online, pay into a savings account with it etc.

However, due to the way they process transactions, you can use it to pay an Amex-issued Amex (ie not an MBNA or Lloyds Amex). This is a bug in their system.

tyroleandancer
9th August 2010, 21:22
You can't do it. The PP card is designed to block all financial transactions. That is why you cannot pay your Tesco card, buy premium bonds online, pay into a savings account with it etc.

However, due to the way they process transactions, you can use it to pay an Amex-issued Amex (ie not an MBNA or Lloyds Amex). This is a bug in their system.

ah thanks, thought i was doing something wrong

Jude1234
9th August 2010, 22:02
Sorry to be a bit blonde but I am not interested in gaining BA miles however I do have an amex rewards card so that I get M&S vouchers every so often for everyday spoending -always pay off in full every month.

Would this be a way of boosting my rewards and getting more vouchers??

TIA

Raffles
10th August 2010, 09:05
Yes , except the PP card is now blocked to new applicants

This is likely to be my fault as I was the one who pushed it on Flyertalk leading to a few hundred people getting one and then using it only for Amex loading!

stuzhunter
13th September 2010, 13:56
Yes , except the PP card is now blocked to new applicants

This is likely to be my fault as I was the one who pushed it on Flyertalk leading to a few hundred people getting one and then using it only for Amex loading!

Shame.. I was hoping to open a paypal card & Amex BA premier this month after closing my gold reward account :behindsofa:..it will be a bit difficult to trigger the 2-4-1 ticket.

enigma365
13th September 2010, 18:23
Spoke to paypal topup staff today about an issue with my card and asked them about the fact that new applications are not being accepted. The guy said that they have closed signups while they work on "improving the card" and new applications will be welcome in the future. I wonder if "improving" the card means stopping these kind of loopholes that we have with Amex etc.

Raffles
13th September 2010, 19:59
Spoke to paypal topup staff today about an issue with my card and asked them about the fact that new applications are not being accepted. The guy said that they have closed signups while they work on "improving the card" and new applications will be welcome in the future. I wonder if "improving" the card means stopping these kind of loopholes that we have with Amex etc.

I doubt it. The issue is with Amex, not Paypal. I doubt Paypal even know (or care) how Amex treats transactions onto the card.

dantheman
18th September 2010, 12:19
One of the last maybe, but can't top up my PP with my amex platinum..but card and paypal account are fine..guess the end of a great loophole for me :(

tyroleandancer
18th September 2010, 13:33
One of the last maybe, but can't top up my PP with my amex platinum..but card and paypal account are fine..guess the end of a great loophole for me :(

Not sure the top up is the loophole??

Have you loaded before? Have you exceeded your monthly allowance?

Raffles
18th September 2010, 14:25
Not sure the top up is the loophole??

Have you loaded before? Have you exceeded your monthly allowance?

It's a problem somewhere which will fix itself. You will never be stopped from loading from an Amex ... all that will happen is that they will start (one day) treating it as a cash advance and not a purchase.

tyroleandancer
18th September 2010, 14:36
It's a problem somewhere which will fix itself. You will never be stopped from loading from an Amex ... all that will happen is that they will start (one day) treating it as a cash advance and not a purchase.

Ah ok, thanks :)

dantheman
19th September 2010, 06:43

Thanks...

stuzhunter
6th December 2010, 14:39
Is it possible to fund or top up your paypal account using an Amex credit card directly?

Raffles
6th December 2010, 20:47
Is it possible to fund or top up your paypal account using an Amex credit card directly?

No, has to be via your Paypal account

dashpole
1st February 2011, 10:38
Has anyone been able to topup from Amex recently, I don't seem to be able to at the mo from mine (haven't used the topup card for a couple of months)

Raffles
1st February 2011, 11:17
Has anyone been able to topup from Amex recently, I don't seem to be able to at the mo from mine (haven't used the topup card for a couple of months)

Try a lower amount, say 50% of what you would historically load - this often works if you are having trouble

JANED9388
1st February 2011, 12:48
I did one last week and one the week before, both the maximum allowed, no problems.

kpercy
25th March 2011, 11:18
I did one last week and one the week before, both the maximum allowed, no problems.

I was under the impression that this scheme was about to finish

JANED9388
25th March 2011, 11:22
it is, but my post was at the beginning of Feb !

johnboy
27th March 2011, 20:21
Its a shame that this scheme is ending.

dashpole
21st April 2011, 13:02
Just had the following email re: Paypal access :- the 'Free' card that you have to have a premier account to use (so presumably Paypal will take a transaction fee off each transaction?)

In a few weeks' time you’ll be receiving your new PayPal Access Prepaid MasterCard®, with lots of great new features. In order to use your new card, you need to complete a free upgrade of your PayPal account to a Premier account. Just follow these steps to upgrade now:

Log in to your PayPal account and click on ‘Upgrade’ at the top left, underneath your user name

Click on the ‘Upgrade now’ button (don’t worry if you see ‘Business account’, as you’ll be able to select a Premier account in the next step)

Select ‘Premier account’ and then click ‘Continue’ to complete the upgrade

Here's a quick summary of your new card benefits:

Direct access to your PayPal account: No need to transfer money to a bank account

No need to top up: The card is automatically linked to your available PayPal balance

Easy account management with one login: Keep track of all your card transactions in your Online Card Account Manager or via your PayPal account

Quick 'tap and go' payments: Make payments up to £15 without entering your PIN

And just like the PayPal Top Up Card, your new card will let you shop online or on the high street and withdraw cash at home or abroad*. You can expect to receive your PayPal Access Card and a welcome pack in May, which will include the new terms and conditions that will apply to your card.**

For more information just go to www.paypal.co.uk/accesscard

stuzhunter
12th May 2011, 13:45
Does that mean they will offering this card on the market again?

Raffles
13th May 2011, 18:51
Does that mean they will offering this card on the market again?

Yes, soon. However, it seems unlikely from what is currently known that the new card will allow 'fee free' Amex deposits, so it will be useless for running up free miles / points.

2002ad
24th May 2011, 00:47
Has anyone received the new PP card?