PDA

View Full Version : Kevin and Molly! Anyone else cringing?

MrsSavvy
14th July 2009, 19:18
I dip in and out of Coronation Street there are too many episodes a week for me to keep up. I've watched it since Deidre was pregnant with Tracy:eek: I think I was about 10 when it got my curiosity.

Anyway I ramble. Sadly I don't get this storyline. How did that happen? I must admit I cringe and at times have to look away at the Kevin and Molly scenes. Am I becoming an old prude? Anyone else find these scenes uncomfortable to watch? Unrealistic or is my life so cocooned?

Interested to hear your views.:)

Floosy
14th July 2009, 19:22
Makes me cringe as well, maybe she needs her eyes testing by Mr T?

charlie
14th July 2009, 19:36
I dont like this storline either.....they are not a very likely couple...especially as she has just recently married tyrone........hope corrie puts a stop to it soon

michelle111
14th July 2009, 19:37
i laughed out loud when on last nights episode he said something like "two weeks without you will be like a lifetime"....oh really!
Saying that though i love Corra and always watch it.

MrsSavvy
14th July 2009, 19:38
Glad it's not just me. Watching it reminds me of being a teenager and having to watch sexual stuff with mum, dad or even gran!:eek::o

carismacab
14th July 2009, 21:14
Lots of young girls fall for older men, is it really that unrealistic?.. thinking about it tho, whats the age gap 25 years ?

holliemon
14th July 2009, 21:19
I would rather be kissing Kevin than Tyrone - there again he is more my age (I think)

morrice255
14th July 2009, 21:39
From someone who was with a "man" 25 years older than myself for 8 years (married for six months before I woke up from my captured by aliens state) :eek: :nono: the Kevin & Molly scenes are making me cringe.

Maybe my mum and dad paid Corrie to show me the error of my ways but I got there before them :behindsofa:

MrsSavvy
14th July 2009, 21:44
It's not the age difference thing that's making me cringe. :nono: Not quite sure exactly what it is. :confused:Maybe how suddenly it's happened and how their personalities have suddenly changed. Kev's hairy chest also added to the feelings of nausea too!:shocked:

carismacab
14th July 2009, 21:55
What about the other way around, which I believe from experience it is even less socially acceptable. I was with a 36 year old woman, for 2 years when I was 17 years old.

Was good at time, but caused me problems afterwards, it ruined me, I found girls/women my own age didn't work for me on many levels.

Eventually at 28, I married my current wife (of 10 years) who is 8 years my senior.

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:01
Anyone else think Molly was more attractive when she was bigger??

Addy
14th July 2009, 22:06
Yup, makes my toes curl too. As well as the age gap, they just don't seem "right" together, and Molly being all seductive....ugh! Maybe she's got a thing for hairy grease monkeys :lol:

MrsSavvy
14th July 2009, 22:09
Yup, makes my toes curl too. As well as the age gap, they just don't seem "right" together, and Molly being all seductive....ugh! Maybe she's got a thing for hairy grease monkeys :lol:

Think we're on the same wave length. Phew!:D

:behindsofa: This is me watching Corrie at the mo. The winey Fizz story line is annoying too. Fizz just doesn't suit being so pathetic and winey.

michelle111
14th July 2009, 22:11
Its not the age gap(my oh was ten yrs older than me)it just doesnt look right them two together....its just not easy to watch for some reason!!!!

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:13
Yet I have never thought Tyrone was the right match for Molly either.. he's as thick as mince.. she's quite bright.

michelle111
14th July 2009, 22:15
shall we do a bit of rewriting and send our ideas into corrie;)

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:16
Peter and Michelle were a rubbish match also.

Addy
14th July 2009, 22:17
Think they should have more scenes with Blanche, she's just hysterical. And Doris in the Cabin....he has some fabulous lines as well "It was bad enough Kirk getting Roy's ‘History Today’, we don't want Roy with Kirk's ‘Nuts’ on his doormat."

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:19
Kirk is only in corrie to make Tyrone look intelligent!

Gizmos
14th July 2009, 22:21
and Graham is only in to make Kirk look it ;)

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:25
Graham is really funny, his body language sells his comedy. A bit like Spud in Trainspotting.

carismacab
14th July 2009, 22:26
In fact what is it with Corrie, why are nearly all the young men thick!

Little wonder perhaps Molly is with Kevin?

holliemon
15th July 2009, 08:36
I think Molly looks georgeous when she gets dressed up.

That girl who used to be in Corrie who killed her dad and then went on to Wild at Heart she is engaged to Tyrone - which really seems to be an unlikely couple but she says he is nothing like Tyrone

SuzyWoo
15th July 2009, 08:46
It is just wrong! Not the age gap, just Kevin lol!

MrsSavvy
15th July 2009, 09:16
Thinking back I remember feeling uncomfortable when Kevin had his affair with Natalie too. So I think it Kevin doing the sexual thing I'm uncomfortable with he only suits Sally. I really don't much like Molly either. I think she is really overacting the whole affair thing. So so wrong all of it. Glad so many agree.

Addy
8th August 2009, 11:52
Aren't Molly and Tyrone due back off holiday now? :eek: Seems like the longest 2 weeks holiday ever!

edit - actually I'm a few days behind on Sky Plus so maybe they are back already??

Georgie
8th August 2009, 13:01
Aren't Molly and Tyrone due back off holiday now? :eek: Seems like the longest 2 weeks holiday ever!

edit - actually I'm a few days behind on Sky Plus so maybe they are back already??

Dont think they are as last night the Auntie women was informing Kev of what a nice holiday they were having and how Molly had got into topless sunbathing. His face was a picture, it was LOL stuff.

hotpot4
9th August 2009, 22:19
I saw Molly wandering round the Trafford Centre once, very bizarrely she had one boot on and one in her hand. She went in M&S and bought an apple, she didn't look, ahem, quite 'with it' - a bit spaced out, and I've never been able to warm to her since. Have also stood next to Sally in Toy's 'R Us.

TonyM69triumph
9th August 2009, 22:38
Anyone else think Molly was more attractive when she was bigger??

agree with you on that one!!:o

rach109
10th August 2009, 11:54
It is just wrong! Not the age gap, just Kevin lol!

:laugh: i agree !

Addy
10th August 2009, 14:27
Noticed on the episode I watched last night (Sky-plus, not real-time!) that Kevin's acquired a deep tan from somewhere, whereas Sally and the girls are still quite pale. Praps he snuck away to Tenerife while no-one was watching :rolleyes:

addictedtosaving
10th August 2009, 14:29
Or maybe they have started doing spray tans at Audrey's salon:D

navara
10th August 2009, 14:42
Just had a reality check..Don't know who's saddest you lot for posting or me for reading about corra:o:eek:

Georgie
10th August 2009, 14:58
Just had a reality check..Don't know who's saddest you lot for posting or me for reading about corra:o:eek:

PSML. Probably both. :D But then have you seen the other carp on TV.:D Its got linmited competition.

rach109
10th August 2009, 17:25
Noticed on the episode I watched last night (Sky-plus, not real-time!) that Kevin's acquired a deep tan from somewhere, whereas Sally and the girls are still quite pale. Praps he snuck away to Tenerife while no-one was watching :rolleyes:

I noticed too,and mentioned it to hubby ( who hadn't noticed lol)

SuzyWoo
11th August 2009, 16:14
He's probably having secret sessions on the sunbed for Mol! :lol:

britchic4
11th August 2009, 16:19

Just what I was thinking....but was also wondering if perhaps I am abnormal for not having the remotest interest in this stuff. Perhaps I'm not actually a woman? I'm not interested in cars either if that makes any difference.

fuzzgun19
20th November 2009, 14:45
I think it's Molly that makes me cringe when she over acts the love scenes with her eyes fluttering all over the place.

I thought Kev's original chat up line was hilarious "Every time I see you, I just wanna jump on ur bones!" LOL

rach109
22nd November 2009, 15:49
Just what I was thinking....but was also wondering if perhaps I am abnormal for not having the remotest interest in this stuff. Perhaps I'm not actually a woman? I'm not interested in cars either if that makes any difference.

:laugh:

shoes,handbags,shopping anything remotely "girlie" ?

Dominic
22nd November 2009, 17:19
I think it's Molly that makes me cringe when she over acts the love scenes with her eyes fluttering all over the place.

I thought Kev's original chat up line was hilarious "Every time I see you, I just wanna jump on ur bones!" LOL

Sounds like a plan ;)

happyally
19th January 2010, 10:30
what did you all think of the Molly and Tyrone drama last night? She seemed to really get into the role and I am sure a lot of words she "threw" Tyrone's way were ad-libbed and drawn from experience, or is it me?

rainbow
23rd January 2010, 17:10
Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Molly and Princess Fiona from Shrek? :D

happyally
24th January 2010, 10:26
Thats who it is... yes, of course! Thank you, was bothering me for ages!

I think the actresses who play Molly and Fizz have both lost too much weight and are both now looking a little disproportionate. DD2 says celeb world calls them "lollipop heads".

littlemissnaughty
24th January 2010, 10:34
Thats who it is... yes, of course! Thank you, was bothering me for ages!

I think the actresses who play Molly and Fizz have both lost too much weight and are both now looking a little disproportionate. DD2 says celeb world calls them "lollipop heads".

I thought that with Molly, not really noticed with Fizz but Molly has definitely lost a lot of weight.

Did anyone else think it was strange how Fizz got John to go and ask Tyrone if he was vegetarian before he went to theirs for dinner the other night. Have corrie script writers forgotten that Fizz and Tyrone used to be lovers :confused:

Floosy
24th January 2010, 10:45
Have corrie script writers forgotten that Fizz and Tyrone used to be lovers

Exactly what I thought, mind you if I was lovers with him - Id want to forget too lmao x

rach109
24th January 2010, 17:10
:laugh: me and hubby both said that !

fuzzgun19
24th January 2010, 17:27
He might have recently turned veggie... you never know! lol

Luctongirl
24th January 2010, 18:22

fuzzgun19
28th January 2010, 18:16
According to 'This Morning', Molly is set to be pregnant, then there is going to be a 'who's the daddy' story.

barafear799
28th January 2010, 18:46
Glad someone asked a question about Molly and a lookalike!!!

Maybe it's just me - but I was watching a film last week on Film4 - called "She's the Man" - starring a Hollywood Actress called Amanda Bynes - semi-successful - anyway - maybe it was just the eyes and hair, but I thought she looked like Molly too!!!

littlemissnaughty
28th January 2010, 18:50
According to 'This Morning', Molly is set to be pregnant, then there is going to be a 'who's the daddy' story.

That was quite predictable really wasn't it. In soap land the truth always comes out so maybe it will be dragged out a bit if there is a baby!

boysmum
28th January 2010, 18:55
How much longer are they going to drag this story on for?

navara
29th January 2010, 09:32
How much longer are they going to drag this story on for?

As long as anyone is daft enough to watch:rolleyes::D

tiger
29th January 2010, 09:43
As long as anyone is daft enough to watch:rolleyes::D

You're right. I keep watching and then wonder why I bother. :laugh: