PDA

View Full Version : Seller Contact Details

angelic
23rd July 2009, 21:07
I am hoping someone can help please......

Dealing with a numpty seller who I am sure is using an alternate ID and is driving me nuts!!

I requested combined P+P, seller sorted and sent revised total via Ebay Messages.
Original invoice gives uncombined P+P and I can't alter it. Asked seller to revise the invoice and re-send.
Seller is now saying to pay full P+P and they will refund extra via cheque - no way Jose!!

I have explained all I need is seller's e-mail addy and I'll use Send Payment tab to send PayPal.
Seller is ignoring this request so I have twice requested seller's contact info from Ebay and am not receiving it.

Has anyone else recently requested seller details and got them? Wondering if it is just me??

Gizmos
23rd July 2009, 21:13
i thought itwas usually done automatically

TonyM69triumph
23rd July 2009, 21:17
I am hoping someone can help please......

Dealing with a numpty seller who I am sure is using an alternate ID and is driving me nuts!!

I requested combined P+P, seller sorted and sent revised total via Ebay Messages.
Original invoice gives uncombined P+P and I can't alter it. Asked seller to revise the invoice and re-send.
Seller is now saying to pay full P+P and they will refund extra via cheque - no way Jose!!

I have explained all I need is seller's e-mail addy and I'll use Send Payment tab to send PayPal.
Seller is ignoring this request so I have twice requested seller's contact info from Ebay and am not receiving it.

Has anyone else recently requested seller details and got them? Wondering if it is just me??

word warning using that tab on paypal as its not linked into ebay and I had problems when it is then "not covered by ebay policy"!

you can not send a dscount without the seller sending the invoice! I have had similar prbs with ebay details, I would recommend sending a email saying you are not prepared to accept a cheque but you are prepared to buy the items. how much p&p are you talking about?

glorious
23rd July 2009, 22:36
Angelic id phone up ebay direct and ask them to contact the seller HTH

angelic
24th July 2009, 09:40
Thanks everyone, I found Ebay CS phone number and got an advisor to manually send me the seller's details.
She told me my account "didn't qualify for phone support" but said she could help me this once.

Giz - contact details should be sent automatically. I asked the advisor why my request had failed despite two requests and she didn't know?

Tony - using Send Money tab is fine as there is an option to link it to an Ebay transaction and you input the transaction number(s) and are covered same as if you pay via Ebay checkout.
I have explained to the seller I won't accept a cheque and again offered to help him sort this out. I think he is hoping I will give up as I got a bargain ;)

Glorious - thanks, done this now and awaiting response from seller.