PDA

View Full Version : how long should I wait for payment

snookhams
26th July 2009, 06:12
I have not sold vast amounts on ebay but having a grand pre house move clearout whilst on hols from work so have sold quite a bit in the last week all have paid except for one item. Auction finished on the 17th and have sent two payment reminders and an email stating that yesterday was the last day I could post as I have to take my son away to two national swimming comps. I have had no correspondence from the buyer at all and they only have 4 feedbacks. How long should I wait before I report them as a non paying bidder. Thanks

Tuckerpoo
26th July 2009, 07:11
I have not sold vast amounts on ebay but having a grand pre house move clearout whilst on hols from work so have sold quite a bit in the last week all have paid except for one item. Auction finished on the 17th and have sent two payment reminders and an email stating that yesterday was the last day I could post as I have to take my son away to two national swimming comps. I have had no correspondence from the buyer at all and they only have 4 feedbacks. How long should I wait before I report them as a non paying bidder. Thanks

I would report them now. You've reminded them twice and it's past the 7 days. I would also make a second chance offer to the next high bidder as well to see if they still want it or relist it hun.

Grace & Favour
26th July 2009, 10:26
I would report them now. You've reminded them twice and it's past the 7 days. I would also make a second chance offer to the next high bidder as well to see if they still want it or relist it hun.

Absolutely agree!

report straight away

damu
26th July 2009, 21:48
you can open a non payment dispute now ,that gives the buyer another 8 days to respond , before they get there non paying bidder strike

nothing more you can do apart from that , you could contact the second highest bidder and see if they are interested but make sure they are aware its only if the winning bidder hasnt paid after the 8 days is up .

They may be waiting for pay day at the end of month or gone away for a week , no excuse but then buyers dont excuses these days !!!

go away for the week knowing you have tried and dont give it a second though till you get back

icho
26th July 2009, 23:05
i would say asap. My seller went away last mon but the auction ended on the sun. She will be back tomoz. We had emails re this and both seem happy about late collection etc.
I had one so called collect that i spent a beautiful day in waiting for so learnt that no ommunication etc meant i follwed the rules to the line.

angelic
27th July 2009, 07:49
I was sure I replied to the OP yesterday but can't see my post? Maybe I forgot to hit submit?

I agree with the others who have said file an Unpaid Item dispute as you can do so on Day 8 after the auction end if buyer hasn't paid.

It does seem as if the buyer is maybe hoping by ignoring you, you will go away.....
Worth checking to see if the buyer has bid, listed any auctions or left any feedback since winning your item.
That will tell you if they have been on Ebay at least and are ignoring you for sure.

Unfortunately non-payers know they can do this now with no worry of negative feedback :mad: