PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to majorca or malaga in October

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 11:47
I am trying to find my brother a holiday for him and his fiance, he wants to go for four nights in october, his budget is 150 each. He wants to go to spain, i have been searching and searching and all i can really find in spain within his budget is a diy holiday to Majorca or Malaga. Has anyone been there in October, does it rain, is it still warm. Has anyone got any ideas of where is nice in Spain or other countries that has a beach please.

rainbow
2nd September 2009, 11:54
I've done Majorca, Salou and Benidorm all in October and the weather was perfect for us. Hot enough to lie by the pool but not uncomfortably so. Maybe need a cardie in the evenings but that's about it. Salou and Benidorm both had good beaches.

jud123
2nd September 2009, 11:59
Going on the 17th oct 10 nights been in oct befor and nov for a short breack
You can search for cheap flights try sky scanner look at alpharooms for cheap acomidation loads websites for hotels sunshineholidays.co.uk as well
good luck i allways did diy befor tescosthe early you book flights the better
jud

navara
2nd September 2009, 12:04
I've been to Nerja in October Temp was about 22/23 degrees.Stayed at the Riu Monica.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 12:05
I've done Majorca, Salou and Benidorm all in October and the weather was perfect for us. Hot enough to lie by the pool but not uncomfortably so. Maybe need a cardie in the evenings but that's about it. Salou and Benidorm both had good beaches.

Thankyou very much for your help. Thats good to know, as he was worried that it would rain after reading on the net that it rains there in october.

Going on the 17th oct 10 nights been in oct befor and nov for a short breack
You can search for cheap flights try sky scanner look at alpharooms for cheap acomidation loads websites for hotels sunshineholidays.co.uk as well
good luck i allways did diy befor tescosthe early you book flights the better
jud

Thankyou very much for your help.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 12:06
I've been to Nerja in October Temp was about 22/23 degrees.Stayed at the Riu Monica.

Thankyou very much for your help, i will have a look at that hotel.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 12:10
Where abouts in Majorca is nice and where abouts in Malaga is nice.

rainbow
2nd September 2009, 12:15
You can't go far wrong with Palma Nova or Alcudia in Majorca.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 12:25
You can't go far wrong with Palma Nova or Alcudia in Majorca.

Thankyou very much for your help.

janice mac
2nd September 2009, 14:15
went last oct last year, had about 1 1/2 days rain out of a week. Was quite warm, good enough for sunbathing

Highland_Lass
2nd September 2009, 14:39
Went quite a few years ago to Alcudia in October but the weather was rotten. Quite wet and really cold. Have pictures of the men sitting on the beach in their fleeces. Think that week was an exception though. The Canaries are always hotter but more expensive.

carebabe
2nd September 2009, 15:28
have been there palmanova a few times in oct. found weather hot enough for us. when it did rain it was usually only for a couple of hours and then fair again. it never rained for an entire day so far for us. if on a budget it is well worth paying extra and getting half board. on several hotel sites you are quoted the room rate rather than per person so it can be a bargain compared to self catering.

jen
2nd September 2009, 15:48
Malaga definitely a better bet weather wise than majorca, Nerja supposed to be a nice resort friend used to go there every year, not been there myself though.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 16:09
Thankyou highland lass and carebabe for your help.

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 16:10
Thankyou for your help jen

shoppaholic45
2nd September 2009, 16:10
Thankyou for your help janice

biganni
2nd September 2009, 18:41
I was in Majorca (alcudia) for 5 nights last Oct and the weather was lovely during the day, if a little cooler at night - but fine with just a cardi. Mr T treated me to that holiday so didnt get it for 150......

Have just returned from a weekend in Portugal with Flyglobespan. 3 nights Accom, flights from Edi and transfers all for the princely sum of 150. I would imagine its more expensive to fly out in August than it is in Oct, so that could be an option for you, although I guess it will depend on where you want to fly from.

Good luck.. Im sure he will have a great time!

uklego
3rd September 2009, 16:43
Majorca
If it does rain in October, we find it is more of a tropical storm - very heavy rain but warm.

We favour Puerto Pollensa which is on the North side of the island just next to alcudia

xxx

pammy
3rd September 2009, 17:10
we went alcudia last year and loved it there (not in oct mind it was may and even then had a couple days of rain)
hope he finds something nice xx

rach109
5th September 2009, 00:41
we used to holiday in Costa Del sol out of season
either oct or feb

we would fly to Malaga and stay in the La cala area ( as had use of an apartment there)

but many nice places eg Marbella ,Nerja

oct was always lovely and sunny and def still beach weather

x

Button
5th September 2009, 09:44
Hi, Can I ask your opinions on Menorca at the end of Oct (23rd - 28th)? Is it warm normally? Is it nice? Is there much for kids ie waterpark for a 6 yr old?
It will bve just dd and I.
TIA :)

sandhabibi
5th September 2009, 10:00
****** just typed huge piece out and when submitted it come up with error lol...
Right Malaga is capital of the Costa del Sol so a busy city but lots to see & do. If they want touristy area with club, pubs etc then the place to go would be Torremolenous, Fuengorola, Benalmadena areas. For peace & quiet and lovely views up in the hills Mijas is lovely. I'm guessing they wont afford car hire so the coast will be best as good buses/trains to other places.
Weather generally good but it has been known to rain in October before.
On one of their days they could arrange a coach trip to Gibralter to see the monkeys lol....

Georgie
5th September 2009, 12:02
I think costa del sol, will be a better bet weather wise than than any of the Balerics in October.

Went to Nerja this summer (thank u Mr T :wave:) very nice, but might be quiet in October, one of the main resorts could be better, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Benalmadena, Toromollinos etc

jen
5th September 2009, 14:03
Hi, Can I ask your opinions on Menorca at the end of Oct (23rd - 28th)? Is it warm normally? Is it nice? Is there much for kids ie waterpark for a 6 yr old?
It will bve just dd and I.
TIA :)

I love menorca but wouldn't chance it at the end of october, we have been in the 1st week of september and it could have been a bit warmer. We always used to go in August with DS's when they were in school and one of the reasons we liked it was that it was never unbearably hot!

rach109
5th September 2009, 14:07
we liked Mijas and Benal and Fuengirola was ok too ,but found Torremolinos to be very erm "british" and tacky ! not our cuppa tea but then we had children with us

singles or couples might like it lol

x

tyroleandancer
5th September 2009, 18:42
I wouldn't go to Menorca at the end of October, it will be quite windy and chilly

Georgie
5th September 2009, 20:35
I wouldn't go to Menorca at the end of October, it will be quite windy and chilly

Me neither. It is jsut too much of a chance to take if good weather is important to you. There are far better choices for October weatherwise.

Lovely Island in the summer though.

Button
5th September 2009, 21:40
Thanks for the advice guys. I have repped you.
Back to the drawing board then.