PDA

View Full Version : Do you check the weight of prepacks?

tiger
4th September 2009, 10:21
I recently bought some Canadian Mature Cheddar Cheese on BOGOF from Sainsburys. Incidentally it's the best tasting cheese that I've bought in a long time.
Last week I bought Tesco Davidson Mature Cheddar. Both packs were 400g but looking at them in the fridge the Sainsburys one looked much bigger. When I weighed them both I found that the Sainsburys cheese was actually 500g which made it even better value.
It's worked in my favour this time but I was thinking that mistakes could go the other way. It might be worth checking if you have the time

Mosaic
4th September 2009, 10:24
I quite often check packs of soft fruits that the lids come off quite easily - sometimes there are some open & you never know? Plus the spare ones have got to go somewhere !

iykwim :behindsofa:

LuckyFrankie
4th September 2009, 11:27
Funny you should mention this. I bought some pre-packed roast beef from the chiller at Sainsbury's last week. When I went to put it in the fridge, I thought it felt quite heavy so I weighed it. It was supposed to be 200g, but in fact weighed more than 400g!

mhoc
4th September 2009, 13:53
Also i bought the pre pack sliced chicken and turkey that was half price a couple of saturdays ago, supposed to be 4 slices, quite happy with this for the price but actually each pack had 5 slices :D

monkeypuzzle
4th September 2009, 16:26
I obviously need my eyes testing, I thought the thread was Do you check the weight of peacocks!

Gizmos
4th September 2009, 16:30
I obviously need my eyes testing, I thought the thread was Do you check the weight of peacocks!

PMSL - I just laughed aloud at work - thats after just rebooting the wrong server and running 100m to server room in under 20 seconds - Ussain Bolt wld be proud of me jumped over the cleaner - over her hoover and up two flgihts of stairs - through 4 doors that you swipe into and a keypad ..... and that was all while giggling to self - hmm not good for the 500 users on the server like - hahahah

tiger
4th September 2009, 17:57

:lol: My fault. I should have put a hyphen in.

Beej
4th September 2009, 23:58

I read it as 'Do you check the weight of paperbacks!!!!!!!!!!????????', think I also need to visit the opticians.