PDA

View Full Version : Multiple clubcards/airmiles account

stenroach
17th September 2009, 01:27
I have a household account, which i have 2 clubcards linked to, question is i have other clubcards, if i convert via deals, will they end up on my airmiles account because of the postcode or not????

seosb
17th September 2009, 06:36
if they are at different addresses they wont, ive tried.
same address are fine.

Hibiscus
17th September 2009, 07:03
Tesco will set you up another account, in the name of the person on the clubcard, when you convert the CC vouchers to Airmiles. You need to ring Airmiles and get them to send you a form to fill in. They then add the new account to your household account.
HTH

stenroach
17th September 2009, 10:01
Tesco will set you up another account, in the name of the person on the clubcard, when you convert the CC vouchers to Airmiles. You need to ring Airmiles and get them to send you a form to fill in. They then add the new account to your household account.
HTH

all the extra accounts are in 2 names which are in the household account, at the same address,n sooooo i think i should be ok then?

markcu
27th November 2009, 00:50
Hi, was there any update to this? I may well end up in the same situation. Thanks, Mark.

stenroach
27th November 2009, 00:52
no.

same postcode and same surname will end up in household account.

tried this myself.

rainbow
27th November 2009, 07:49
no.

same postcode and same surname will end up in household account.

tried this myself.

Even if the clubcard hasn't been used for airmiles before? Mine and hubby's have been used before for converting to airmiles but our son's haven't. So if we used his clubcard a/c to convert, that would still go into the household account, even though he's not on the airmiles household account already?

markcu
27th November 2009, 21:46
Hi,

So can anyone advise me of a plan to be able to use multiple clubcards at different address location (although in the same name) to buy BA Miles?

(A big chocolate muffin is on offer here to the best answer!) :)

ukmonkey
27th November 2009, 22:09
Do you have acces to these different address locations? To pickup mail etc?

Do you have several friends of the correct sex (to match the CC names) would could speak to airmiles to authorise you using their miles? If so, problem solved.

Or, another way (which may or may not work, I dunno) would be to convert them using the "other" addresses, then when the miles have hit the airmiles accounts, change the addresses of the airmiles accounts to yours, then use the miles/merge accounts into a household one. I can't see why this shouldn't work, but you'd probably wanna wait until the bonus miles have also hit the acc, so hope you're not in a rush.

black cat
27th November 2009, 23:24
Even if the clubcard hasn't been used for airmiles before? Mine and hubby's have been used before for converting to airmiles but our son's haven't. So if we used his clubcard a/c to convert, that would still go into the household account, even though he's not on the airmiles household account already?

I would not rely on this working as I would expect it to setup a new airmiles account for your son, however it depends on how clever it is with sirnames and first names to tie everything together. Don't suppose son and hubby have some first initial in their names??

rainbow
28th November 2009, 10:20
No they don't have same initial. If it did do as you say, perhaps then we could add all the miles to one household account.

clh53
28th November 2009, 10:32
I would not rely on this working as I would expect it to setup a new airmiles account for your son, however it depends on how clever it is with sirnames and first names to tie everything together. Don't suppose son and hubby have some first initial in their names??

i think rainbow is hoping they would set up a new account for her son so they get the double miles. but if she converts hers and dh ( who have converted previously so shouldn't get double ) through her sons cc will they put them all on her sons new acc. or split them to the household acc.

rainbow
28th November 2009, 10:43
That's exactly what I'm asking clh.........you explained it better than me :lol:

tiger
28th November 2009, 10:46
I've got an airmiles account, just in my name. I want to get the double miles offer on DH's deals. The way I understand it from reading other threads is that another person in the house can have a new account but this offer will only work on vouchers in their name.
I opened an airmiles account for DH using the email address for his clubcard and then I converted the vouchers, in his name, to airmiles. Later I will merge our accounts to a household account.
If it works, then he gets double miles, if not, then I was going to convert most of them to airmiles anyway, so it's no loss.

rainbow
28th November 2009, 11:24
Thanks tiger, that's really what I needed to know, but not really what I wanted to hear :lol:. I hoped to log in to son's clubcard a/c, convert his own vouchers AND ours through the same cc a/c (with his full knowledge of course), and tesco would open a new airmiles a/c in son's name, thus giving double miles on the whole lot, which could be later added to the household account. That would be wishful thinking though! I'm not willing to risk it either at the moment, so I'll hang on until Feb to give me more time to decide what to do with them. I may well end up just converting them to straight miles anyway.

clh53
28th November 2009, 11:31
Thanks tiger, that's really what I needed to know, but not really what I wanted to hear :lol:. I hoped to log in to son's clubcard a/c, convert his own vouchers AND ours through the same cc a/c (with his full knowledge of course), and tesco would open a new airmiles a/c in son's name, thus giving double miles on the whole lot, which could be later added to the household account. That would be wishful thinking though! I'm not willing to risk it either at the moment, so I'll hang on until Feb to give me more time to decide what to do with them. I may well end up just converting them to straight miles anyway.

that's exactly what i want to do, who's gonna have the nerve to do it :D

navara
30th November 2009, 14:22
that's exactly what i want to do, who's gonna have the nerve to do it :D

They went into the household account

rainbow
30th November 2009, 14:53
Shame, but thanks for confirming navara.